• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 1,007 Views, 15 Comments

King of Equestria - Neroson40



Wayvern's unique power can tell him about everyone except himself, even if he is Celestia and Luna's Brother.

  • ...
22
 15
 1,007

Discord

The first face Wayvern noticed when he woke up was Dante’s. He was reminded that his wasn’t the only family of Reapers from Equestria. Dante’s Inferno was a red colt, about as red as magma, his mane was black as coal and his eye reminded him of a gold nugget. The right socket was covered by an eye patch.

“Thank Celestia your awake,” he said. “You had me worried there boss.”

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry,” Wayvern said. “Did anypony call for me while I was out?”

“Your sister, Luna said that she needed you to meet somepony ASAP.” Dante led Wayvern to Luna, who was in the gardens standing in front of a statue of a horrendously mismatched monster.

“Is this who you wanted me to meet?” Wayvern said jokingly. Luna turned around and said the most unexpected thing in the most serious voice possible.

“Yes, this is Discord, the Spirit that Celestia told you about.”

“What do you want me to meet him for?” Wayvern said.

“There’s something about him that just keeps me thinking, ‘what is he? Where did he come from?’” Wayvern looked at the statue and felt a certain familiarity about it.

“How can I ask that question?”

“Twilight is on her way here, she’ll have him come and meet you.”

Twilight arrived and sent a telepathic message to Discord. When Discord actually arrived he was in a reading chair looking at a copy of the latest paper. When he looked up he folded the paper and put it in a pocket that he pulled out of the side of his body.

“Hello, my friends… and new pony… to what do I owe the pleasure of this summons?”

“We just wanted you to meet the new king,” Twilight said. Wayvern stuck out his hoof and introduced himself. Discord took it and shook.

“Yours is very… interesting,” Wayvern said to Discord.

“What do you mean?”

“Your past…you weren’t always the spirit of chaos and disharmony.”

“How do you know?”

“I have the innate ability to ‘inherit’ the memories of anypony I come in contact with… now as I was saying. You were once a pony, but you were a victim of a terrible magic accident that transformed your body and aura. You were a fine father and a loving one at tha-…” Wayvern stopped when a certain memory popped up, a memory of a small alicorn colt and a similar mare surrounding a hospital bed with Discord and an alicorn Mother holding a blue and indigo alicorn filly in her hooves. Wayvern remembered that too! That was just after Luna’s Birth! “Sweet Celestia…”

“Excuse me?” Celestia responded.

“Sorry, just… something caught me off guard.”

“What?” Discord said. “I’ve been causing chaos for so long, not knowing why, and I’m so close now, What else is there!?”

“Nothing… I just… it’s nothing.”

Everypony was confused.

Wayvern was letting Celestia take care of regal business over the next two weeks. On the fifteenth day Wayvern had to go to the Crystal Empire with Celestia, Luna, Twilight and her friends. According to one Princess Cadence something happened that shouldn’t have.

“What happened?” Wayvern said after he met Cadence and Twilight’s brother Shining Armor.

“Sunset Shimmer…” Cadence said. “She’s returned!” Twilight’s eyes shot open wide.

“It can’t be!” She said. “It hasn’t been thirty moons yet!”

“That’s what I thought.” Another unicorn walked into the throne room. She was fiery colored with red and yellow mane and an orange body. Her cutie mark was a setting sun. “But I found myself here when I needed it most.”

“What do you need from us?” Wayvern asked.

“A monster is attacking Canterlot City, and it’s looking for someone named… Wayvern.”

“It has to be a Shadow,” Celestia said. “No other monster knows about you Wayvern.”

“We can’t be sure sister,” Luna said. “Sunset Shimmer could be playing another trick.”

Wayvern wasn’t paying a lot of attention to the argument in the meeting room. He was thinking too much about Discord and the memories he inherited from the spirit of Chaos. Celestia and Luna were both accounted for, and his mother was actually in the memory… so by process of elimination… Twilight nudged him from the seat to his left.

“I’m sorry?”

“I said; we should send a search party to see what’s going on in Canterlot City, Right?” Cadence said. Wayvern took a few seconds to think about it. A search party wouldn’t be able to take on a Shadow if Sunset Shimmer was telling the Truth. He had to go himself.

“That won’t be necessary,” Wayvern decided. “If anypony here has gone to Sunset Shimmer’s world before, I’d like your assistance.” Twilight was the only one who stood. “Discord, you’re coming with us.”

“Why might I ask?” Discord said.

“Because your memories suggest you were a Reaper before.” Wayvern didn’t look away from Discord for a second. “I need to confirm my suspicions.”

Author's Note:

Yeah i wrote this chapter before Rainbow Rocks came out so please excuse the lapse in logic.