• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 1,667 Views, 21 Comments

Midnight's wish:Adventures of the twins. - Sugarcube66



Now that they had reunited, Midnight and Midday are able to enjoy a peaceful life.

  • ...
1
 21
 1,667

Meeting with the Sparkles on Hearth's warming eve

It was the night before Hearth's Warming Eve. The castle of friendship was busy preparing for their overnight trip to Cantorlot to visit their extended family. It would be Midnight's and Midday's first time meeting them and Nyx's second time so it was going to be very important for them to be well prepared.

About an hour later, everything was ready and the family was in the living room, waiting for the right time to leave for the train. They could have flown, with Midday on Twilight's back, and Nyx supporting Night but it was just too long a journey to fly and plus, perhaps flying into Cantorlot wasn't the best idea for both Midnight and Twilight.

Nyx was telling story to her younger sister, about their adoptive grandparents, aunt and uncle. Midnight had became pretty terrified when Nyx said that at first they didn't trust her because of the Nightmare Moon incident and it had taken some calming words from Twilight to relax her again.

''Girls, it's time to go.'' said Twilight, peering at the clock.

The three 10 year old fillies and dragon nodded and followed their adoptive mother out of the castle and down to Ponyville Train Station. The wait for the train wasn't too long, but it still added to Night's nerves and Midi's excitement. Midi giggled when she spotted her twin, hiding behind Twilight's leg, chewing on her hooves. ''Really, you are like a kitten, aren't ya? It'll be fine, I'm sure they're the best ponies in the world, especially since they raised the pony who took us in after you know....''

''She's right, little sis. Grandpa Night Light and Grandma Velvet, and Auntie Cadance and Uncle Shiny are all very kind ponies. I mean, Auntie Cadance is the princess of love and guardian of the Crystal Empire with her head of the royal guard husband, they're super amazing.'' said Nyx with a happy smile.

''That's true, but I'm sure you'll enjoy them all the same, Night.'' said Twilight, as the train came along the tracks. ''Looks like our rides here, come on. We want to be there before Hearth's warming eve is over, right?''

The fillies nodded their head, and board the train with their mother. The ticket master took their tickets and they went to find a couple of bunks of the night. Spike was the one who found the bunks first, and got the other ponies to follow him. Twilight smiled as she took her place on the top bunk. ''Thanks, Spike for finding them. Thank him too, girls.''

''Thank you, Spike.'' said Nyx and the twins, in unison.

''Your welcome, little fillies.'' said Spike, feeling a little bashful from the attention.

Night feel upon Equestria, Twilight spotted this and said. ''Girls, time for bed if we want to awaken early tomorrow.'' The girls sighed, wanting to stay up but obeyed and fell asleep. ''Fillies are such chaos, especially three in one room. I mean, all they want to do is stay awake over night which is really possible.''

''You can't blame them, Twilight. Two of them have never met their extended family, the same two have never really had the joy of a family either because of their hectic past.'' said Spike, with a little smile as he ate his bedtime snack, a blue sapphire with a beautiful, blazing fire ruby interior

''By the way, Spike, how in the world did you find that gem?'' asked Twilight, a little confused by the blue sapphire fire ruby cross.

''It was just laying on the ground, in the outskirts of town so I took it. I needed the snack anyway, you can't go on a trip for Hearth's warming eve without a beautiful fire ruby or blue sapphire as a snack.''

''Maybe you can't, but some of us can survive with just our dinner.'' said Twilight, with a frown before turning over and saying gently. ''Goodnight, little brother.''

Spike was surprised by this, Twilight rarely ever called him 'little brother' but hearing it made him feel warm inside. ''Goodnight, Twilight.'' he mumbled, before shaking his head and changing his sentence. ''Goodnight, sister.''


Daybreak came, and the train slowed to a stop. Twilight and her little family was already awake and ready to leave the train. They were prepared to have to catch a pony-pulled cab because walking would just hurt their already sore hooves and it was like a half an hour trek through the busy cantorlot streets.

The cab ride wasn't very long and soon they were at the Sparkles residence. Twilight payed the cab pony and walked up to the door with the fillies and baby dragon. She knocked on the door and Twilight Velvet opened the door, seeing her daughter. ''Twily, welcome. Cadance and Shiny is already inside with your father.'' said Velvet, before noticing Nyx and the twins. ''Hello, Nyx. And Twily, are these darlings the fillies you told me about in the letter.''

''Yes, mom. Can we come in? Oh yeah, Spike is here too if you didn't notice.'' said Twilight, with a slight awkward chuckle.

''Oh sorry, Spiky.'' said Velvet, looking apologetically at the baby dragon.

''It's okay, Mama Velvet.'' said Spike, shrugging his shoulders and walking into the house.

The mares looked at each other and giggled a little before following the little dragon into the living room, where Night Light, Shining Armor and Cadance were talking. There was also a little filly, with a pink coat, purple and golden mane and blue eyes, playing silently on the floor with a huge smile on her face. Night Light spotted Twilight and smiled. ''Hello, daddy's little bumblebee.'' said Night Light, walking over and hugging his daughter. ''Hows my little Twily been doing?''

''Daddy, I'm not little anymore. After all, I have three daughters now.''

''Three? I thought you only have Little Moony?''

Night and Midi looked confused and stared at Nyx for answers, the filly whispered to them, with a little frown on her face. ''That's Grandpa Night Light's nickname for me, Little Moony, meant to signify my former status as Nightmare Moon...And the fact that I'm basically a filly doppelganger of her.''

''Daddy, I do still have Nyx but I have now adopted two more fillies, a set of twins.'' said Twilight, smiling as she pushed Night and Midi forward to face their grandfather. ''The white one with the vest on and a pair of pegasus wings is called Midnight Wish, though I have started to nickname her 'Night'. And the other one is Midday Wish, whose nickname is Midi but I didn't pick it.''

''So...'' thought Night Light, as he thought of nicknames for his new grandfoals. ''How about Little Flicker for Midnight, because whilst she looks weak and timed, it also looks like shes hiding a pretty strong talent that not many ponies know about? And as for Midday, how about...hmm. Shimmer, because her name reminisces the shimmering day and sun and plus shimmer can also mean the shimmer of her dreams and wishes.''

The two foals looked at each other, not really wanting to admit that they liked the nicknames that Night Light had given them but gladly they didn't need to because Twilight step in and said. ''Wow, daddy. They're really cute names and the meanings behind them are pretty amazing too.''

''Enough about that, or you won't be able to watch your documentary before dinner and plus, Night and Midi still have to meet their aunt and uncle and little cousin.''

''Mommy....what's a documentary?'' asked Night, quietly.

''You never watched one?''

''Uh huh.....'' mumbled Night, shaking her head.

''Mom never let Night do anything, Twilight.'' said Midi, sadly. ''So it's not much of a surprise to me that she doesn't know what a documentry is.''

''Well, Night. A documentary is a visualization of something that can be explain in class but put in the form of a visual effect then something that you can simply been told about. The documentary we're watching is the story of the finding of Equestria.'' explained Twilight. ''Didn't your's and Nyx's class begin preparing for your play of it for after the holiday.''

''Yea....'' mumbled Night, before she went and sat on one of the chairs.

Twilight smiled, and said. ''Let me introduce you to your aunt and uncle, girls and of course, little Skyla. BBBFF, Cadance come over here.''

''You want to introduce us, Twily?'' asked Shining, with a smile. ''Well, girls. My name is Shining Armor, but you can call me Uncle Shiny. I'm the captian of the royal guard and prince of the Crystal Empire. This is my wife, Princess Mi Amore Cadanza but most just call her Cadance, she's not a fan of her full name.''

''...She's not the only one....'' muttered Night, under her breath so that only Midi caught it and frowned when she did.

''Skyla, come here. Would you, Sweetie?'' asked Cadance, calling the smaller filly over.

The filly alicorn ran over and fell over thin air, causing a little giggle from most of the ponies in the room. ''..Wat Mama? Why dwd wu caww Skywa?''

The baby talk caught Night's attention, she had almost never heard baby talk before and so it wasn't natural for her. Not even the Cake Twins or the Pie Twins who were both two years old use that language. But she wasn't given time to think about it, as Cadance introduce Skyla to the group. ''This is mine and Shiny's little daughter. She's only a year old, so her speech isn't the best but she is a kind hearted filly and I'm sure you'll get along with her.''

The day went on very well, the documentary was amazing and the presents were pretty amazing too. And not to mention, a present from Twilight to the twins revealed something, that she was going to begin taking them to ballet lessons when they go back into school and she even mentioned that she was just going to take Midi at first, because she had the dancing talent, but she decided to take both of them so the other would be left out.

When the day came to the end, Night wanted it to repeat itself. She had so much enjoyment meeting her family members. She just wanted to repeat the day over and over to repeat her excitement. Thinking back to it, she couldn't believe she was so scared of meeting her family members. Now she was happy and shocked at the same time but then she realized that she was too tired really to just want the day to continue. But if a day like this could happen ever again, she would take the chance.

Author's Note:

Ugh, I keep almost forgetting Spike!