• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 701 Views, 24 Comments

I Loathe Having to Make My Literary Work Meet the Public's Taste - McDronePone



Just how hard can it be to get your own story pubished?

  • ...
3
 24
 701

Four Princesses Stuck in A Muffin

Four Princesses Stuck in a Muffin
by Short Quill

The Four Princesses of Equestria sat in a muffin in Canterlot Castle while Equesrtria itself lay outside, ablaze in delicious turmoil. As the royal heirs of their once delicious kingdom, they were called for a meeting on how to end the pastry war between the Ice Cream Confederacy and the Cupcake Inquisition. Yet as they sat there in that baked muffin; in that chewy core; at that circular table, their bicker and banter never ended with a conclusion.

“We should take all the ice cream and melt it with the sun,” raved the Moon Princess, Luna.

“No, I believe we must merge the Cupcakes and the Ice Creams to form a ‘CupCream’ empire,” suggested the Sun Princess, Celestia.

“That’s too risky. I say we appease the Ice Cream Confederacy and allow them their creamy rule,” pleaded the Princess of Love, Mi Amore Cadenza.

“You’re all not thinking logically. I say we give all of them books and educate them so that they’re able to solve the problem themselves,” reasoned the Princess who bore the Magic Element of Harmony, Twilight Sparkle.

Back and forth; round and round; on and on the endless resolutions, suggestions, and bargaining continued amongst the four Princesses, all the while the sound of splattering sweets outside grew tastier to them. Sooner or later their conversation would be for naught as either the Ice Cream would sound the all-clear, or the Cupcakes would crash through the gates and eat everything.

“Enough of this,” Luna yelled, lifting a spoon and ice cream bowl in her magic. “If you are not with me, than you are all against me!”

“Stay your magic, sister,” cautioned Celestia as she brandished a freshly baked cupcake, “or I’ll stay it for you.”

“I do not wish for violence,” pleaded Cadence as she wearily pulled a tart from the toaster, “but if you cannot stay calm, then I won’t hesitate to eat this tart."

“Fine, if this is what all of you want,” Twilight Sparkle stated and followed her peers’ in raising sweets, “then I’ll agree to this madness too.”

And so the tension reached its climax and they all commenced in a food fight.

Soon enough the war ended, the Ice Creams and the Cupcakes merging together in perfect, gooey harmony. As they rebuild what was left, they’ll never find the room with the four princesses with frosting covering their bodies.

Four princesses stuck in a muffin while the world outside continued to taste good.

THE END


At this point, Print would have had Quill thrown out of his office if it wasn’t for the fact that this was the most bizarre draft he had written up yet.

“So is it good now?”

Quill sudden question snapped Print right out of his confused stasis. He looked back to Quill, then back to the parchment he handed him to make sure that this was something that a pony actually wrote.

“I mean,” Print began, “It’s not offensive or against what we want, but…”

Quill let out an aggravated moan. “What’s wrong with it now?”

“It’s boring.”

“What.”

“I mean, it made me laugh a little, but only because it was so off. Besides, this would only leave some readers confused and wonder if you’d lost it.”

“Ugh, again with the reader’s wants,” Quill complained.

“Quill, I know it sounds ridiculous, but the sad truth is that this leaflet practically lives off them. If they don’t like it, its life expectancy goes down. I’m just trying to make sure that doesn’t happen is all.”

Quill sighed, asking the obvious question. “So you want me to rewrite it, right?”

“Just make it a little more exciting, I don’t know,” Print said, handing him back his story. “You obviously have a creative enough mind. You can do it.”

Quill’s ears perked up. “You really think I have a creative mind,” he asked, half yelling in excitement.

Cringing at the sudden outburst, Print confirmed his statement. “Sure, you do. Now go on and put it to some use.”

Before he left, Quill lunged onto Print and gave him a tight hug. “Thank you, Mr. Print. I promise you won't regret this decision!” And just like that, Quill was out the door again.

While he was gone, Print called over his assistant and asked her if she could prepare a request for a restraining order against Quill sometime in the future.