• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 1,189 Views, 42 Comments

Maho-Shojo Sunsetta!!! - Vocal Chord



A parody of all those "Magical Girl" animes out there. A blue gem falls out of the sky and gives Sunset Shimmer the ability to transform into Maho-Shojo Sunsetta and defeat the evil empires of Space.

  • ...
6
 42
 1,189

Mystery! The First Step Towards the Tome of Time!

We return to Maho-Shojo Sunsetta victorious! With Gilda out of the way, Sunset has more time to ponder her mission. The Tome of Time holds many secrets, and Sunset has yet to discover any of them. That is, until today...

Sunset Shimmer woke up spooning a mop on the cafeteria floor, shortly after the bell rang. "Ugh...here all night...stupid principal..." She stood up, brushed the mortar and dust off herself, and admired her work.

It looked like a kindergartener's diorama project. "At least there aren't any holes in the wall," said Sunset. "I'll put some posters over it later." She headed off to class, where hopefully, she'd be able to take it easy after the long day she'd had.

"Hey, look!" said Adagio. "It's Sunset Supernova. Have fun blowing up the school, Sunny?"

"Shut it," spat Sunset, sitting down. "I could torch you in a second."

"Oh, yeah?" asked Aria. "The only burn this class is gonna see is this one!"

"Ooh! Burn!" said Sonata, right on cue.

Sunset stuffed erasers in her ears and tried to drown out the Dazzlings. Unfortunately, this had the added effect of drowning out Cheerilee.

"SUNSET SHIMMER!" Cheerilee slammed her ruler across Sunset's desk. Why she still had a ruler in the twenty-first century was anyone's guess. "Stop daydreaming and pay attention! Yes, we all know you saved the school, but that won't save your grades!"

"Whatever..."


Back in Space...

The gigantic spaceship hovered a few thousand miles above Canterlot High, a telescope locked on to Sunset Shimmer.

"We're ready to send down the second wave," said someone.

"Wait..." said another voice. "Let's watch for a minute. We may be able to find some of her weaknesses."

"What was that?" asked the first voice. "I couldn't hear you over the sound of me sending the next wave down."

"...Go jump into Space."


Sunset walked to lunch with Rainbow Dash. "This sucks," she said. "I save the school again and all the thanks I get is manual labor and bad puns."

"At least you didn't end up like Gilda," said Rainbow Dash. "I heard she's in jail now."

"It's still pretty hard to see a bright side to all of this--" A random student backed into Sunset, causing her to drop her homework, which floated to the ground and slid itself under the door to the basement.

Rainbow cringed. "Well, you're never getting that back," she said. "Janitor Discord doesn't let anyone into the basement."

"But I spent nine weeks on that essay!"

Sunset ran up to Discord, who was cleaning some unmentionable substance from outside the ladies' bathroom. "You gotta let me into the basement!" she said. "My nine-page essay about parenthetical quotations fell down there!"

"Nope," said Discord. "Nobody gets in. Unless they're me; but I have yet to meet more than one of me."

"Then could you at least go get it for me?" asked Sunset, putting on huge puppy eyes.

Discord shrugged. "Sorry, no favors. You're just going to have to go to the library and print it again."

"Oh, come on!" Sunset walked away, dejected. "I don't have time to wait for the printer!" she said. "Luckily, I have a plan."

"Something tells me I'm not gonna like this plan," said Rainbow.


"Janitor Discord! Help!" Rainbow Dash careened around the corner like a homing missile. "It's really bad!"

"Did Berry Punch try to smuggle cider into gym again?" asked Discord.

"What?" Rainbow Dash blinked. "No. Not that. Sunset Shimmer's caught in the locker room! The door won't open!"

"It's probably just stuck," said Discord. "Try pulling harder."

"But there's...erm...the Dazzlings in there, too! They're gonna do awful things to her!"

"Mm-hmm. Why not tell Celestia, then?"

"No time! It's also on fire!"

"..."

"...there's a gunman in there, too!"

"..."

"*sigh* and every single one of them is butt naked."

"*zing*"

The only sound was that of Discord running to the locker room faster than one would have thought possible for any living being.

Sunset poked her head out from a nearby empty classroom. "He bought it," she said. "Good. Where's his janitor cart?"

Rainbow pushed the cart over to her. On it was a hook holding up Discord's keys. "Bingo," said Sunset.


The basement was dark, dusty, and much, much deeper than it should have been. "What kind of basement is this?" asked Sunset. "It's more like a dungeon."

"If it's all the same to you, I'm gonna go to class now," said Rainbow. "Don't be late."

Sunset nodded, continuing deeper into the damp pit. After a while, she saw light at the bottom of the stone stairs. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be coming from behind a thick metal door.

Sunset pushed the door open. It was surprisingly silent. On the other side was a stone brick hallway that led off into the dark. "Creepy," muttered Sunset. "I'd have loved to use this as an evil base a while back." She walked on, eventually noticing a deep blue light radiating from behind another door at the far end.

Sunset pushed the door open. On the other side was a glass casket, and inside that was the hilt of a sword. It was the same color as the blue streak in Sunset's hair. "Weird," she said, opening the casket. "What would something like this be doing in a school?"

As soon as she touched the hilt, a wave of color hit her, and she was propelled backwards. "WHO DARES DISTURB ME?"

"S--Sunset Shimmer," she squeaked.

The hilt laughed. "You think you are worthy? You are nothing! You are barely worth my effort!"

"W--Well, now, that's just rude," said Sunset.

"You seek the Tome of Time, yes?" asked the hilt. Sunset nodded.

"WELL, TOO BAD! You're not worthy to possess the Tome! You're not worthy to even look upon it!"

Sunset grabbed the hilt and threw it against the wall. "Shut it," she said. "Jerk."

"Um...hey! You know, you might be worthy in the future!" The hilt continued talking. "Hey! Don't leave me here! At least put me back on the pedestal! It's dusty down here! Hey! Wait!" Sunset stopped walking away.

"If I put you back, you tell me where the Tome is?" she asked. The hilt nodded; or, it would, if it wasn't a hilt.

"Yes."

Sunset placed it on the pedestal and put the lid of the casket back on. "Now, talk," she said.

"*Ahem* I don't know where the Tome of Time is right now, but I do know that it's close," said the hilt. "I also know this; only the Blue Pentagon possesses the power to wield it for good instead of evil."

"You mean, people with this blue streak?" Sunset showed her hair to the hilt.

"You possess the Blue Pentagon? You are worthy! My job is done. Take the Sword of One Thousand Swords and wield it against the foul forces of the Mikah-Hakim!" A blue flash surrounded the hilt, and the glass casket shattered.

"Um...sure?"


After walking up the stairs and back to class, Sunset realized something.

"My essay! Awwwwwwwww!"


A perfectly groomed head of hair peered up into the schools' windows. "She has the Sword?" a smooth voice asked. "Not for much longer..."

With the Sword of One Thousand Swords in her possession, can Sunset defeat this new foe? Will the Tome of Time ever be recovered, Why is Janitor Discord such a perv? Find out in the next installment of...
Maho-Shojo Sunsetta!

Author's Note:

:facehoof: