• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 1,559 Views, 18 Comments

Pinkintosh Tails - The1Ryu



This is just a series of short drabbles about the uncommon shipping of Big Macintosh and Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,559

Tell-Ya-What

Rarity gave a somewhat unladylike groan as she tried to wipe the sleep from her not so shimmering blue eyes. She paced slowly through the hall between her bedroom and bathroom the strands of her deep purple mane poking out in all directions. She groped at the cool porcelain of her bathroom sink her hoof remembering the way from there to pull open her bathroom cabinet and only then did she venture to open her eyes. Her fear of the blinding sun overpowered by the presence of the expensive and fragile vials laying around her brush.

Picking it up in her magic Rarity brought it to her mane and began gently running it through her locks closing the cabinet to see Pinkie Pie reflecting in the mirror beside her. "Morning Rarity!" Pinkie cried out and waved as if seeing Rarity across a busy street.

Rarity shrieked and jumped nearly a foot in the air, "Pinkie!" But took a deep breath, "What are you doing here so early darling?"

"Just hoping I could get a little of your mouthwash." Pinkie said cheerfully already starting to fill the cap with the clear green liquid.

"Sure darling," Rarity said with a yawn but seized the bottle in her magic and gently slipped it from Pinkie's grasp. "But only half a cap."

"Aww," Pinkie moaned but smiled when she slurped down the half cap, swished it thoroughly and swallowed it, displaying why she wasn't allowed to have such things in her own home. "Thanks, Rarity, I'll see you later." Pinkie sang as she turned to leave.

"Bye darling..." Rarity yawned trying and failing to stifle it with a hoof. "Tell Big Macintosh I have his new dress vest ready any time he wants to pick it up."

Pinkie head continued to try to leave after her hooves had stopped dead stretching her neck out. It snapped back like a rubber band as she turned back to Rarity fidgeting in place, "W-what makes you think I'm going to see Big Mac today? You'd probably see him before me." Pinkie chuckled, but it came out in erratic bursts.

Rarity yawned returning to brushing her hair her eyes focused on her reflection instead of Pinkie. "Oh darling, you only ever come drink my mouthwash when you go see Big Macintosh. It's a cute little habit."

"Oh come on Rarity," Pinkie Pie gave an amused scoff, "I just wanted a nice minty drink. I'm not going to see Big Mac."

Rarity eyes narrowed at Pinkie's scoff, but she continued to run her brush through her hair until it was smoothed out before she turned an incredulous look on her friend. Her horn flared to life and the flap on Pinkie saddle bag yawned open, its contents dancing out.

"Well, what do we have here? A Hardly Colts book." The book dodged past Pinkie's hoof and into Rarity's who held it up for Pinkie to see. "Big Macintosh's favorite series, Twilight mentions how you return one every morning you come steal my mouthwash. I understand it's a good idea to have something to talk about with a stallion."

"What? No. Finishing a book always makes me really thirsty."

Rarity grinned and held out a hoof, a pair of bits floating into it. "And two bits, just enough to buy a bushel of clover, Big Macintosh's favorite I understand."

Pinkie shrugged cooly this time, "Is it I wouldn't know." Pinkie could help but gasp in shock at her own words. How could the premiere party planner and friend of everyone in Ponyville not know a pony's favorite food?

Coughing into her hoof Pinkie added, "I just like clover after my mint."

Rarity resisted a wince at the thought of those two flavors.

"Can I have my book and bits Rarity I have to go." Pinkie gave a little whine dancing nervously on the tips of her hooves and checking her wrist as if the time was displayed there.

"Oh yes of course," Rarity floated the items back into Pinkie's saddlebags. "You'll be late taking the longer south road to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack says you always take the south road when you go see Big Macintosh. It's a lot less traveled I guess than the east road and Rainbow says you always walk a little slower down it." She giggled, "It refreshing to know even Pinkie Pie gets nervous about love."

Pinkie stared at Rarity for several seconds her head tilting to the side slowly until it hung limply to one side and she whispered, "Do you have a pinkie sense to Rarity?"

Rarity giggled at the question and shook her head smiling at Pinkie, "No Darling just a common sense."

Suddenly Pinkie was in front of Rarity popping up from the tiny space between the unicorn and her sink. She grasped Rarity's shoulders her face hard and serious, "Rarity you gotta Pinkie Promise me you won't tell any pony this."

"Whatever for darling?" Rarity chuckled.

Pinkie gave her a shake, "Just promise me! Promise!"

"All right darling, 'cross my heart and hope fly, stick a cupcake in my eye'." Rarity recited doing all the motions despite the narrow space she had to move in.

Pinkie gave a long sigh of relief and slipped back down un-wedging herself from between Rarity and the mirror."

"Thanks, Rarity, sorry I really have to go now." Pinkie said with a wave as she trotted towards the door.

"It's fine darling, who would I tell anyway," Rarity said padding her face gently, "Everypony already knows about it."

This time Pinkie Pie's suddenly halting hooves caused her to face plant into Rarity's hallway.

Author's Note:

Prompt: Tell I'm not particularly thrilled with this story I'll blame the weak word generated for me. I knew as soon as I got it I wanted to write about tells, like in poker, rather that a confession story. Still I'm disappointed Big Mac didn't manage to show up.