• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 5,098 Views, 70 Comments

The Wedding Memories - Stardom Freedom



The Mane Six tell their children about their weddings.

  • ...
22
 70
 5,098

Applejack and Pear's Wedding

Author's Note:

This is more of a backstory than a wedding.

And this is the longest chapter I've written.

Cookies to whoever can find which Disney reference I used at the end of AJ and Pear's story (even though it should be obvious)!

DO NOT READ THE SPOILER UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE READ THE CHAPTER!

Cider was playing with her brother (who was a year younger than her), Applestrong.

"Git the apple in the bucket, AS!" Cider screamed.

"No problem, sis!" Applestrong replied, catching the apple and bumping it into the bucket.

"Yerr turn to throw the apple, Applestrong!" Cider said.

Her brother nodded and picked an apple from the trees that his family grew.

The siblings' parents, Applejack and Pear, walked out of the barn they lived in and approached the brother and sister.

"Honey, remember when we played that game?" Pear asked his wife.

"Yep! Too bad that that moment was short-lived, though." Applejack recalled.

"What do ya mean?" Applestrong questioned.

Applejack looked at Pear. "Should we tell 'em our story?"

"They'll be interested," Pear shrugged.

Applestrong and Cider sat down on the pure, green grass as their parents explained to them what happened.



"Wake up, Applejack!" a Posh accent said soothingly to a young Earth Pony filly.

Applejack groaned. Ever since she had come to Manehattan to live with her Aunt and Uncle Orange, they had told her to wake up bright and early, for their was lots for ponies in Manehattan to do.

"Coming, Aunt Orange!" Applejack yawned.

She went down for breakfast, and they had the same usual thing: a really tiny portion of eggs.

"Mmm, you did a good job cooking, Tangerine," Uncle Orange praised.

"Thank you, Mandarin," Tangerine thanked.

"I'm not hungry," Applejack insisted, pushing her plate away.

"You have to eat right now, Applejack. We're having another party tonight, and the only food there is grown-up food." Mandarin winked.

Applejack moaned. She hated when her aunt and uncle had parties, because there was nopony her age to play with. Usually she would just sit in her room and do nothing but stare at her rodeo posters. Sometimes, she even had to go down there and greet the guests! But that was all to change today...

That night when she was greeting the guests, Applejack saw a glimpse of what looked like a pony her height. A pony her height! Then that meant...

Applejack shook the idea out of her head. Only adults came to these parties. Then again, it didn't hurt to go see.

The filly rushed over and saw the pony again. It was an Earth Pony colt, with a green coat and a mane and tail the same color, but a darker shade.

"Hi! I'm Applejack! What's your name?" she greeted.

The colt's eyes widened. "H-h-hi. I-I'm Pear." He took a deep breath. "How did you get in here?"

"What do ya mean?"

"This is an adult-only party. How did you get in?"

"Oh. Well, my Aunt and Uncle Orange are the host and hostess, so I have access. How did ya get in?"

Pear blushed in embarrassment. "Um, I'm homeless,"

"What?! Let's talk more in my room." Applejack led Pear to the room Mandarin and Tangerine gave her.

"So, continue," Applejack said once they were seated.

"I'm homeless. My parents told me that I was an embarrassment to them and they left me on the streets of Manehattan. I begged for money and food, but got none. I saw some ponies enter this place and I could smell the most delicious food, so I followed them in. I got a few helpings of soup, salad, and hay and decided that that was enough to eat. I was about to leave, but you came."

"Oh. I'm sorry. Hey, wanna play Rodeo Race?"

Pear brightened up. "Yeah! I used to play this with my parents!"

They both got brooms to use as horses, and ran around Applejack's room.

After a few hours, they heard a Posh accent say, "Applejack! The party is over!"

Applejack gasped. "Hide! Uncle Orange is comin'!"

Pear dove under the bed just as Mandarin opened the door.

"Okay, you're fine. Time to go to bed!" The stallion left the room.

Pear came out. "I'll come back tomorrow," He slipped out the window.

Applejack couldn't wait for him to come.

The next night, Applejack never saw Pear. She checked her room, the whole party scene, the buffet table, and the rest of the house, but he wasn't there.

While she was in her room crying, she pulled out her suitcase and began to pack up. "I never really liked this fancy-shmancy life, anyway,"

The next morning, she left.


The years passed by, and Sweet Apple Acres got a lot of sales and was the top tourist destination for sales.

Applejack was working when she heard a stallion's voice call her name.

"Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres! Can I help-" She stopped when she noticed the stallion in front of her.

His coat was green, and his mane and tail was a darker shade of green.

"Pear?" Applejack asked in disbelief.

"That's my name," the stallion said.

Applejack's hooves clutched into fists. "Why'd ya leave Manehattan? Do ya know how upset I was?"

Pear sighed. "I knew you'd be angry. Look, the reason I left is because, even at a young age, I loved you. I had always liked the idea of love , so I left my spot on the street to start working.

"I went from place to place, getting money.

"I finally had enough money to buy you something. Once I got it, I went to Manehattan to find you, but you weren't there. Your aunt and uncle said that you left Manehattan years ago. I came here, so... yeah..."

Applejack looked at Pear. "What did ya buy me?"

Pear brought it out. It was an emerald ring big enough to fit on Applejack's hoof. "Applejack, will you marry me?"

Applejack gasped. "Yes!"

Applejack started pacing around Pear.

"Oh, the wedding will be a real hoot! We'll have it out in the orchard, my whole family will come, yerr friends can come, my friends will come, and the theme will be Country Hoedown!"

"Um... AJ, I'm not interested in country stuff. I thought it could be in a church, with your friend Princess Twilight presiding, and a bit more... regal than a country hoedown." Pear said.

"What?! But... my idea was my dream weddin'." Applejack's lip quivered.

Pear showed no sympathy as he shouted, "Well, I don't like that idea!"

Tears threatened to come out of Applejack's beautiful emerald eyes.

Oh, no. Please don't cry. Pear said in his head.

But his wish didn't come true as Applejack began to sob and run into the Everfree Forest.

Pear gasped. Oh, no!

He ran after Applejack.

She made it before him, and she sat down and cried.

She didn't notice the Timberwolf behind her.

Fortunately, Pear was just arriving as the Timberwolf prepared to kill Applejack.

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Pear screamed. He jumped in between the Timberwolf and Applejack, and the Timberwolf struck him!

Applejack turned around, seeing Pear's corpse. "Pear!"

More tears spilled down the mare's face as she hugged Pear. "Please come back," she whispered.

Lucky for her, he did.

"Oh, Applejack! I'm so sorry! I'll have a Country Hoedown wedding, just please don't ever do that again!"

Applejack smiled. "Hmm, no. How 'bout we have it at a church, and then a wild, crazy, country reception afterwards?"

Pear beamed as he agreed.

A few months later, the two had the best wedding ever.



"Blech! Too much romance!" Applestrong gagged.

"Even I have to agree with AS. But that was so interesting! Can you tell that story to my class and Applestrong's class on Parent Appreciation Day?" Cider asked.

"Yeah! It was cool, despite the romance. Please, Ma? Please, Father?" Applestrong agreed.

"Yeah! I think those children will enjoy that story!" Pear said.

"Hmm, yeah. Thanks for suggestin' that!" Applejack grinned.

On Parent Appreciation Day, Pear and Applejack's story was the most interesting.