• Published 10th May 2012
  • 1,794 Views, 11 Comments

The DJ-Pon3 - DashCamp(IDBrony)



Life as a DJ is pretty hard, especially before I became a DJ like this.

  • ...
4
 11
 1,794

Part 7 - Overtuned

Julian – CsCamper – DashCamp(IDBrony)

Part 7 – Overtuned


After my travelling experience with Octav, I decided to work to myself, I quit from my manager and become the manager of myself. My Manager was very angry to me, perhaps it was because I was his bits maker. I then decided to move away from Canterlot, to avoid my manager. I was still choosing which city I should go,then I got my first order from Ponyville, a group of ponies wanted to held a fashion show. The paid was pretty good, I packed my equipments and boarded to Ponyville with train. It wasn’t a very long journey I think, when I arrived, I was greeted by a pink talkative pony. She talked very fast, the only sentence I remembered from her was “Hi, My name is Pinkie Pie” , she then invited me to a party in the town cake shop.

The party wasn’t really wild, just a common party like a birthday party, I decided to set my DJ set and liven up the party. When that pink pony saw me again, she started talking to me, She talked even longer than when I first met her. I could hardly hear any single word she said, the party was very loud, when she finished talking, she munched a cupcake and left me. I was still standing there until a purple unicorn poked me on the shoulder, “so... you must be the DJ for the fashion show. My name is Twilight Sparkle, nice to meet you.” , “Nice to meet you too” I replied with a big hoofshake. I then started my DJ set, I still didn’t know anything about unicorn magic, I just use my hoof to do stuffs, that purple unicorn approached me again, “Why don’t you just use your magic?” , “What magic?” I replied , She pointed at her horn and levitated a cup of punch with her magic.

I tried it myself, it was very easy, since then I always use my horn while playing, in fact, it was the first time I use my horn, silly me. I trained using my horn while waiting for the show to start, when I was training, a small dragon came to me, “Hey DJ, you’re the one who are going to play tonight , right?” , “What’s the matter little lizard?”, “It’s dragon, just want to tell you that Rarity doesn’t like a too-modern-lifestyle-super-awesome-techno or whatever they call it, just adjust it perfectly” , “Sorry and okay” I replied, that Little dragon seemed to be a bit over react. When the fashion show start, I used my horn to levitate the disc, “cool” I said to myself. I played the disc, and then waited for the music to end and got my payment.

After that, I moved to Ponyville, I visited Canterlot often to accompany Octav on her practise, it was a bit boring so I decided to play my DJ set too. At first she was annoyed, but at the second day, she just quite and practising like she was alone. Well, dunno, maybe she finally adapted to my type of music. I visited her everyday for two weeks, the train was a bit expensive, luckily they provided weekly tickets. At her big day, I was in Ponyville, bored in my house. Usually the pink pony hired me for party twice a day, but at the Gala day, I didn’t see her anywhere. I then decided to take a walk around Ponyville, first I went to the Sugarcube corner, I only saw the Cakes. The second place I went was the Town Center, I greeted Mayor Mayor, strange name, nothing special on that day. I then decided to visit library, since nothing was special, and the library was closed.

Bored almost to death, I took a rest at the nearest restaurant. Daisy sandwich for lunch and dinner, urgh.. let’s skip the boring day part. The next day, the Pink Pony knocked my front door 4 o’clock in the morning, not my usual wake up time. The Pink Pony talked very fast like before, when she was talking, I saw a small green thing wiggling on her tail. “Excuse me, Miss” I cut her , “Yeah?” she stopped a while, “Something is on your tail” I told her. She turned on her tail, She then showed it to me, It was a toothless alligator, yes, toothless. She then started describing her pet alligator, She talked even faster, I couldn’t even hear a single word. I put my hoof on her mouth, I could still hear her talking, “Can you make it shorter?” I asked her politely. “Alrighty then, party tonight at Sugarcube corner to celebrate the after-Gala party, don’t be late because we need your music”, she then bounced back to Sugarcube Corner.

I went to Sugarcube Corner that night, I set my the volume to the max, and the party went wild. It seemed that everypony mostly talked to the 6 mare near the Pink pony including that Pink pony herself. The purple mare I met before approached, she then started talking to me, “Wait a minute, Miss” I took of my headphone. “Oh sorry” she apologized, “for what?” I replied, “Urm.. Okay then, Anyway, This morning Princess Celestia sent me a letter, addressed to you”. “Wait a minute..” I cut her, “You know the Princess?”, “Yes, She is my mentor, She- “ I cut her again, “That must be awesome!”, the purple pony looked at me in the eyes , “sorry” I apologized softly. “Anyway, she sent me a letter, it was addressed to you.” , The purple dragon on her back gave me the letter, a letter with the Royal Canterlot seal. I read the letter slowly, in the letter The Princess told me that Octav was missing.

At first I thought it was just a joke from The Princess, because Pinkie once told me about some jokes the Princess did like the Cakes and tea prank. At first I didn’t take it seriously, I then wrote a letter to Octav about what The Princess sent to me. But it was strange that she didn’t reply, she usually reply in only a night. One week and still no reply, I started to get worried, the letter from The Princess was actually serious. Without waiting any longer, I took a train to Canterlot, I rushed immediately to Octav’s house. The house looked messy, It was like nopony was living inside.

To be continued...

*Author note*

Hi everypony, I’m sorry for this extremely late update, There was a silly school event in the weekend where everyone in school must take part in it, bo-ring.

I lied, too busy playing games, sorry guys, I feel bad.