• Published 10th May 2012
  • 1,793 Views, 11 Comments

The DJ-Pon3 - DashCamp(IDBrony)



Life as a DJ is pretty hard, especially before I became a DJ like this.

  • ...
4
 11
 1,793

Part 6 - Cello's Scratch (II)

Julian – CsCamper – DashCamp(IDBrony)

Part 6 – Cello’s Scratch (II)


Last news I knew from her, she started to rebuild an old theater. We rarely contacted each other after then, maybe we were very busy. Some months again after, I was throwing the trash out when I saw somepony, a very familiar pony, light brown coat and black silky mane. I thought it was just a realistic statue because it stood still for some minutes, but the wind blowing the mane made me curious. I looked closer and I realised it was Octav! Silly me! She was stunned, I didn’t know why, her jaw was wide-opened, did she just see a ghost passing by? Dunno. I poked that pony on her shoulder, she turned her head, yes it was really Octav. When she turned her head, she backed two steps, and then after 10 seconds, she shouted my name, “Vinyl !” , she got slow reflexes. :lol:

“So Octav, what are you doing here? Weren’t you working in a theatre in Fillydhelpia?” I asked her , “Yes, I was. Then after the parasprites attack,I- “ “What’s parasprites?” I cut her talk. “Just pests, they attack Fillydhelpia some days ago, and the princess gathered the musician there to lure those pests to the forest, aft- “ “Whoa the Princess? Tell me more!” I cut her again. “Well.. I don’t know why and how, but after the incident, the Princess sent an invitation to me to met her in Canterlot castle, she-“ I was just an impatient mare, I cut her talk again “The Princess invi-“ before I finished my talk, Octav seemed to be annoyed by my attitude, “Sorry” I apologized, well.. that’s me.

“Let me start over again, Fillydhelpia was invaded by parasprites, and then the Princess came and told all the musicians in Fillydhelpia including me, to lure them to the forest. And the next day, I received a letter from the princess, I fainted right after I read the letter. Whe-“ , “Did you say that you fainted after receiving the letter?*pfftt*”, Octav looked at me into the eyes, “Sorry, hehe, please continue” I responded with an awkward smile. “The next day I thought it was a dream and it wasn’t, I felt happy and shocked at the same time, I packed my things and went to the train station. The conductor was a bit rude, I was sleeping when I fell down from the seat, the conductor didn’t help me at all, he didn’t really care and asked my ticket. Aft- Vinyl, why are you closing your mouth?”. “*pfftfttt* nothing Octav, go on” my heart was laughing very hard and my mouth wanted to laugh too.

“After I arrived, I called a caravan and went to the castle, I fell asleep again because it was a long way to the castle. And my first impression was very bad, when the caravan arrived I was still sleeping, the guard woke me up, I shocked and fell, did a barrel roll twice and landed perfectly on my stomach and my cello on my back.” “*pffft* sorry Octav, I need toilet”, it was so funny, I laughed extremely hard in the bathroom, luckily the bathroom was soundproof. I continued with her after my stomach finished what it wanted to do, “The Princess asked me to be a Cellist in the Castle, it was too high for me, I think I shouldn’t accept it, but something inside me is conflicting, I don’t know what to do. I asked the Princess for some time, and she gave me this house” , I sighed at her “Oh my.. Octavia, do you still remember what I told you before? Just show yourself!” , “so I should accept it?” , “Nah... Of course, Yes. Octav you need to think a bit deeper.”

I left her in front of the house, my manager called me again, but it was good that she actually lived nearby. The party was not so long, 3 hours party and 500 bits as payment, good one. When I left the bar, I noticed a big poster near the town hall. “The Grand Galloping Gala huh? Let’s see, nothing important, just some boring talking ball maybe, and classical music, urm... Beauty brass, Frederic, Octavia..., Octavia?!” , my advice worked, she really accepted it. I rushed to her house, knocked on the door as loud as I can, and accidentally knocked on her head. Before she could talk, I jumped into her and hugged her, “What’s the matter Vinyl?” she asked with a sleepy noise, “What’s the matter? It’s you! Congratulations Octav! You did it!” , “Yeah, Sure” She replied with a straight face, it seemed that she tried to hide something, but at least she can show her courage, that’s already good for her.

I got another call and I went back to the bar, it was a bit silly that they decided to make a continuation party, well.. didn’t matter, got paid. The party was a full blast, when I woke up, I was still on my DJ station, with 5 bottle of booze and beer on the disc. I removed them carefully because I didn’t want anything to happen to my precious equipments, I got headache, and because of that, I could hardly walk back to my house. I called a caravan and went home with a headache, it faded out right when I arrived at home. As I a trotted inside, I heard the phone rang, “another party? Oh, Come on!” I answered the phone lazily, “Vinyl, can you help me a while?” luckily it was Octav's voice, I didn’t want to have another headache. “I need your help, can yo-“ before she finished talking, I hung up the phone and trotted immediately to her house.

“How did you get here so fast” she looked confused, I pointed my hoof to my house, which was only about 10 metres from her house, “That’s my house”. She smiled awkwardly, and she started talking again, “Vinyl, would you mind explaining to me about the city, I need to find-“ before she finished talking, I quickly called a passing by caravan, pulled her inside, and took her around Canterlot. When I was explaining about the city and the bars, her face was stuck to the window, her jaw was widely opened. I spun her head to me and continued my talk, she seemed to be enjoying my explanation. It was long, but fun, “Thank you Vinyl, that was amazing, but-“ , “but what?” I cut her again, “Where’s the music shop?”. I really couldn’t hold my self, I throw myself on the sidewalk, laughing hard as another pony looked at us, I pointed my hoof to her back, the music shop was actually next to her house, we both laughed together, another unforgettable experience with her.

To be continued..