• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 1,086 Views, 3 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Parents - Stardom Freedom



What happened to Rainbow Dash's mother?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,086

Farewell

"How am I going to tell him?" Shimmer asked her parents.

Shimmer had gone to her parents' house to talk to them about the issue.

"Don't tell him at all! You need to stay with Blaze and Dash! Mostly Dash, because she's only a few months old! And without the mother, the whole family falls apart! Trust me, I know because I'm a mother!" Golden Belle argued.

"Golden, calm down. Maybe Shimmer is right. After all, she's only 27." Bronze Medal calmly said.

"Oh, you! Not even encouraging our daughter to do the right thing! You'll thank me later!" Golden stormed out the house.

"Maybe Mom is right. I should stay." Shimmer thought aloud.

"Shimmer, this is your choice. If you really feel that you need to leave, then do it! This is what you should say..." Bronze began.



“Rainbow, I need to talk to you.” Shimmer said to her husband.

“Okay, honey,” Rainbow Blaze said, trotting over to his wife.

Shimmer took a deep breath. “I need to leave!”

“What?”

“I have to leave,”

“But why?”

“I can’t raise Rainbow Dash. I-I’m not ready. I don’t know why, but I can’t. I already packed my bags. I’m going to send her postcards. You have to do it alone now, Rainbow. Raise her. Raise her good and well. Raise her as proudly as I would if I weren’t leaving. Please.”

Tears ran down Shimmer's face.

Rainbow Blaze started crying too. “Shimmer, I love you,” he uttered.

Shimmer ran to him and they hugged for a long time.

When they broke apart, they tried hard to wipe their tears, but they kept pouring down.

Shimmer walked into Rainbow Dash’s nursery. She was sleeping.

“I’m leaving, my dear. You won’t see me again. I’m not leaving because I don’t love you, because I do. I’m parting because I don’t know how to raise you, and I don’t want to be a terrible mother.

When your father tells you I fled, do not forgive me. I’m doing something no child would ever forgive their parent for.

But Rainbow Dash, no matter what I do or what you do, always know that I love you.” Shimmer whispered.

She kissed her daughter’s forehead and left.

Author's Note:

I hope I made this very emotional and sad for you guys.

I actually had to hold back a little bit of tears while writing this.