• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 3,642 Views, 68 Comments

The Usurper King of Equestria - UsurperBronyZant



Some random guy suddenly finds himself in Equestria. And he's somehow become Usurper King Zant.

  • ...
10
 68
 3,642

In Which We Make New Enemies

“So. We go in and survey the area. And then we strike. Any ideas?”

“I have a spell that can conceal me and Lilium,” I said. “It will make us invisible and perfectly silent.”

“Luckily for you my active camouflage does the same and all I have to do is hold it or stick it to what I want invisible. “ Church pulled out a spherical-looking thing and tapped it, causing him to start blending in until he was invisible. He became visible again a few seconds later.

“Neat,” I said. “Shall we, then?”

“Yep.”

I activated the camouflage spell, and we all filed into the next room.

It was indeed a bit like a throne room, but in a rather sad state. What remained of it was little more than rubble, and plant life ran wild, including Deku Babas. I looked across the room, just in time to catch a glimpse of the unconscious Desert Gem being dragged into another room by what looked like a pair of gryphons.

“Kill them?” Church asked.

“Too late to get the gryphons now,” I said, precisely as the door they'd just gone through shut and a large purple-and-grey lock fell into place. “Ask for the carnivorous shrubbery? Go crazy,” I said.

“Don't make me blow up that door.” Church aimed his rifle at the door, “I'll turn the H.E. levels up if I have to.” He threatened.

“Don't waste your time,” I said as Lilium and I began to mow down Deku Babas. “We have the key, remember?”

To answer my question, he walked up to the door and tried inserting the key but it didn't fit. “This key is for something else.” Church said.

Once the Deku Babas had been taken care of, I went over to him and said, “Let me try.”

Church handed me the key, letting me attempt it. The key only went in halfway and stopped at a bump.

I focused my telekinesis on it and felt, rather than saw, a response. It was a sort of magical pull. I poured a small amount of dark magic into the key, and it immediately began to turn. We were in.

“And so this doesn't close behind us…” Church pulled out one of his energy swords and sliced the now inert lock off, causing the door to stop moving almost immediately.

We went into the new room, the door somehow closing behind us, even though none of us had done anything to make it happen.

“Fuck you door! I cut off your lock!” The door groaned almost as if in response. Luckily it didn't up and grow a new lock as there was still a gaping hole.

I immediately recognized this new room. I’d teleported Jason, Ghirahim and I here during our battle. More significantly, it was a miniboss chamber in Twilight Princess. And I had a bit of an idea as to who we’d be fighting.

The two gryphons in front of us were almost certainly twins. Both had feathers that could only be described as blonde covering their hawk-like heads, giving way to plumage and fur black as night on their bodies. Both were armed to the teeth with all kinds of pointy things. One had knives and daggers, the other long-range weaponry.


“Who do you verk for?” Church asked in an unknown accent. “Tell me or I'll send straight you to the nether.”

“My my, threats?” said one in a posh British accent.

“How rude,” said the other in a voice almost identical to her...twin sister, I'd guess.

“I am not a hero. I will torture your soul in hell if you didn't give us...well, me what I want.” I noticed that they were acting a more than a bit arrogant, like they were cats just waiting to pounce, and we were mice.

“Oh dear, I have no doubt you'll try,” said one.

“Succeeding, now that's much less likely,” said the other. “We will tell you one thing, though.”

“I’m Constance,” said the one with the spears, who’d spoken first.

“And I’m Verity,” said the other gryphoness, who had the daggers.

“And we’ll be your murderers today,” they both said at the same time.

CONSTANCE AND VERITY
[mood music]

With that, they both took to the air, Constance drawing her spears, Verity grabbing tons of pointy things with each claw.

“Good luck with that, I am already dead.” Church said as he faded away, revealing it was a hologram.

The assailants didn't reply, but rather attacked, Constance dive-bombing us, trying to impale either me or Lilium, Verity throwing daggers with deadly precision. I teleported out of the way before either of them got to me, and Lilium used her vectors to block Constance, and while she tried to grab Verity’s dagger out of the air, she found she couldn't get a grip on it, almost as though it were slippery, and so she wound up dodging at the last second.

The totem poles from before were still here, so I decided to take advantage of them, and reappeared atop the center one. I turned to see Constance going after Lilium again and Verity throwing daggers at Church’s holographic form.

“I've always wanted to do this.” Church jumped into Verity, possessing her.

“HURK!” Verity screamed in an unladylike way as she started twitching. She continued to seize for a minute or so, beginning to fall, until she was caught by Constance. A short while later, she began to cough violently. Lilium and I could only watch, transfixed.

“Surprise.” She said in Church's voice as she put a dagger through Constance’s chest, missing the heart by a few inches. At least that is what would have happened if Church didn't suddenly get ejected.

“You serious? You're fucking weird.” Church said in disgust. He had looked into her mind only a moment prior.

Verity took a moment regain her balance, before leaping out of her sister’s claws and into the air, a look of pure unadulterated rage on her face. Constance looked at her briefly and immediately understood what was going on.

Playtime was over.

Constance put away her spears in favor of duel katanas. She pressed a switch on the hilt and the black blades were surrounded by an ominous purple aura.

Verity drew four ninja stars(?!) made of a strange, sickly-looking metal in each claw.

The twins sprang into action. Verity threw her dark stars, most of them aimed at Church, and Constance dove at me and Lilium.

Church ignored everything that was happening, in favor of just kicking away Verity, sending her flying away as he started wrecking havoc on the room with his Hydra MLRS.

Despite the homing projectiles, the twins were somehow unscathed. They then realized he wasn't actually aimed at them. He was aiming at everything else. Holes were starting to form in the walls and ceiling. He was trying to collapse the building. Entirely. With me and Lilium still inside!

However, in his frenzy, Church had forgotten about Verity’s attacks, which cut through his body like a hot knife through butter, and left wounds that had black smoke coming from them.

Surprisingly, even though he looked wounded, when the black smoke faded...It revealed metal. Was he...Was he a terminator?

“You shouldn't have done that.” Church said as he roundhouse kicked her away and left her a gift in the form of a rocket to the crotch. Surprisingly his attacks only phased through her, as Church’s physical body started to phase and become intangible. If it continued he would fall through the world!

“I swear if this sends me to the void again...I will kill everyone on this world. By glassing it.” Church said as he started falling.

“Shit!” I said. I had to act fast. I used my airbending to stun the twins, then flooded Church’s body with far-above-lethal amounts of dark magic to force him out of it.

A robotic scream that echoed through and beyond the temple shook the room like an earthquake as Church was ejected from his body. I put my hands to the sides of my helmet in a vain attempt to stop the noise.

The twins, apparently more vulnerable to noise, were still reeling and fell to the ground. While Lilium recovered, I took advantage of Constance and Verity’s injuries and took the time to fire a salvos of dark magic at them.

After a few hits, they somehow recovered and got up, looking very much worse for wear. They said nothing, each only tearing a large red diamond from gold chains around their necks, neither of which I had noticed before. They crushed the diamonds in their claws and disappeared in a flurry of black and gold diamonds, reminiscent of Ghirahim’s teleportation.

Author's Note:

Part 6 of el Crossover with LostFaith's The Memory of Leonard Church!