• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 2,479 Views, 88 Comments

My Little Pony Equestria Girls 3: Twilight's Shadow - Revan



Eight months after the events of Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks, a new threat arises that not only threatens Equestria, but also every other dimension in existence - and it's Twilight Sparkle!

  • ...
12
 88
 2,479

Chapter 7: On the Brink of the Abyss

After Spike explained the situation to Twilight and Sunset, silence fell. Sunset eventually spoke.

"Well, lead the way, Twilight," she declared, gesturing her arm in Twilight's direction.

Twilight was startled. "Me? I'm completely new to this stuff. I didn't even know that Equestria existed 24 hours ago!!"

Sunset smiled patiently at her. "You are the human version of Twilight Sparkle. You will be able to sense the passages that we must take in order to get to her inner mental stronghold."

Spike asked, "How are you so sure that she has one?"

Sunset replied, "It's the only way that she could have held out this long against her alter ego." She looked at Twilight, her hair seeming to gleam brighter than usual. "You recognize it, don't you?"

Twilight hesitated. "Yes, I do." It felt almost exactly like the way she had felt in high school - a voice which wanted to lash out, to inflict pain on others, rather than receiving it. A desire for power, fueled by a bottomless hatred.

As if it was a cue, a voice started to speak in her head.

Interesting. A Twilight from another world. It chuckled, then continued, One which has not been as fortunate in her life, one filled with more pain and anger. It then shifted its tone, becoming cajoling and persuasive. Join me, Twilight. Become one with me. You need not suffer any more...

Twilight shivered. "Dark Twilight," she whispered aloud.

Sunset Shimmer frowned. "Is that what you called it?"

The voice continued. Come. Our power will be limitless! All will adore you, begging for your friendship! You shall be their absolute ruler, with freedom to live as you choose. You shall be able to punish those who have hurt you, and assist those that truly deserve it. All you have to do is to join me.

Twilight fought to not give in to temptation. It was so enticing, so logical.

"If I join you, what would you have me do?" she asked.

Both Spike and Sunset looked at her, concern written on their faces. "Uh, Twilight? Are you okay?" Spike queried, unaware of the mental struggle Twilight was currently in.

First, you must slay these intruders. Then assist me with breaking Twilight's mental redoubt. Once that is done, then I shall be free, and infinite power shall be ours.

Twilight shook her head. "You want me to kill my FRIENDS??!!"

Sunset and Spike were on the edge of panic now. "What are we gonna do, what are we gonna do?" Spike hyperventilated. Sunset was now up in Twilight's face, shaking her and yelling at her to snap out of it.

Twilight's attention, however, was elsewhere.

The voice sneered. Friends? FRIENDS??? They're not your friends, they're the friends of Pony Twilight. They don't know the REAL you - not like I do. Its voice became persuasive again. What say you, Human Twilight? Will you join with me and become powerful beyond your wildest dreams?

Twilight opened her mouth to reply, the fate of two very different worlds on her shoulders...

Author's Note:

If you like this story, don't forget to hit the like button. Also, if you don't like this story, don't just click the dislike button; leave a comment detailing what you don't like about it. One can never learn from one's mistakes if one doesn't know what said mistakes are.