• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 2,479 Views, 88 Comments

My Little Pony Equestria Girls 3: Twilight's Shadow - Revan



Eight months after the events of Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks, a new threat arises that not only threatens Equestria, but also every other dimension in existence - and it's Twilight Sparkle!

  • ...
12
 88
 2,479

Chapter 5: A Whole New World

Twilight stood there, in a jacket and somewhat disappointed. "This is it?"

It was mid-morning on a Saturday, and they were standing on the front walkway of Canterlot High School, looking at the base of a statue of a rearing horse. Twilight ran her fingers over the stone once more, feeling nothing but cold marble.

"Well, sugarcube, we did tell ya' that the portal was closed", Applejack said, standing just a few feet away. The others stood near her - all except Pinkie Pie, who had somehow gotten herself onto the horse's back and was tap-dancing on it. Twilight shuddered, imagining the havoc that could result if anybody saw her.

She's quite a risk taker, Twilight thought. Then a realization struck her. Just how hyper is the Equestrian Pinkie Pie?

A nervous cough from Fluttershy brought her mind back to the present. "I know. It's just...I was expecting more, I guess. A change in temperature, a slight color change, something that would mark this spot as being... special."

It was at that precise moment that the portal opened. Twilight, who had been leaning against the marble, fell through.

"Twilight!!" The others rushed forward - and Pinkie Pie somehow did a triple somersault off the statue, executing a perfect landing. They ran forward on instinct, reacting to Twilight vanishing. Before they realized it, they were falling through, transporting between worlds.

The portal briefly flashed, then went quiet.


Twilight was falling through a place that had no definitive outlines. Everywhere she looked, there were simply rainbows, swirling around.

So, this is what interdimensional travel looks like, she thought to herself. Then she was distracted, for it seemed that there were individual rainbows streaking towards her. They surrounded her, and she felt herself begin to change. She should have been panicking, but strangely, she felt... calm. At peace.

Then there was a white light, and she was falling towards it. She reached out, and began to pass through.


TEN MINUTES EARLIER...

The Princesses stood there silently, waiting. Shining Armor and Cadence had joined them, worry plainly visible on their expressions. Spike and the others stood in a semicircle around Twilight's unconscious body, which was slowly turning black.

A guard entered the room, followed by two others pushing a mirror with gadgetry linked to it. They wheeled it into position, bowed, and left the room.

Celestia silently levitated a book that had an orange-red sun on it, slotting it into place on the portal.

Cadence spoke. "Are you sure that we must begin the spell as soon as they come through, without explanations?"

Celestia replied, "I am afraid so. Too much time has been lost already. We should have done this last night."

Luna added, "The portal opens. Spike, are you ready to transit?"

Spike nodded. "Ready."

The portal opened. Spike tensed his limbs, ready to run through.

But he never did. A lavender unicorn with a very familiar star-shaped cutie mark fell through, rapidly followed by six other ponies in quick succession.

There were gasps on both sides, and a number of exclaimed sentences were begun. Celestia interrupted them. "There is no time. Begin the ritual!!"

Luna and Cadence touched horns with Celestia, releasing streams of light. The strands dashed out, touching all except the princesses and Shining Armor. Each pony collapsed, and the streams of light spiraled into Twilight Sparkle's unconscious body.

As the bodies were arranged on comfortable mattresses, Luna asked Celestia, "Do you think that they can save her?"

Celestia sighed. "If they cannot, then all is already lost."

Author's Note:

Finally, the 5th chapter is finished. I may wind up rewriting this in the future, but I'll leave it alone for now.