• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 1,808 Views, 70 Comments

Neighpon tales - Seanzilla115



One night, Fluttershy confesses to her friends she wasn't born in Cloudsdale, but in the foreign land of Neighpon. Little did she know was she was going to encounter something from her former home..or rather, somepony she once knew.

  • ...
11
 70
 1,808

Confessions

Dash and Twilight walked through town, Twilight making sure her jacket could keep her wings covered up.

“You doing okay, Twi?” Dash asked her as the two walked down a path, “You’ve been rather quiet these past few weeks since we’ve came here and stuff.”

“...Fluttershy said that the Neighponese are sort of… racist to Alicorns, given the whole mess with Celestia and Nightmare Moon… I just want to be careful,” Twilight answered.

“Ahh...right,” Rainbow Dash nodded, “By the way, did you see Fluttershy come in last night?”

“No… I think she slept over at… what was his name again?”

“Silver Hawk.”

“Thank you,” Twilight nodded.

“No prob,” RD smirked a bit before chuckling a little, “Man… I haven’t seen Fluttershy act this way around a stallion before.”

Twilight giggled a bit, before she took out her phone, “We’ll still be a ways away from the statue, so we can keep talking a bit.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Rainbow shrugged a bit.

“Yeah,” Twilight nodded, “So...what do you think Rarity, Sunset, Pinkie, and Applejack are doing?”

“Well… Rarity took Sunset to a fashion store, Pinkie is looking for Fluttershy, and Applejack is hanging out with Kota and his sister.”

“Again?”

“Yes,” Twilight nodded before giggling slightly, “I think Applejack found her special somepony,”

“You think so?”

“I know so,” Twilight nodded before planting a slight kiss on Dash’s cheek.

---

The two continued to walk, Dash having bought a book for Twilight to read as they walked to the statue, being a Neighponese myth about a fifth pony race, squid ponies.

“Squid ponies?” Rainbow raised an eyebrow in slight confusion as she looked over Twilight’s shoulder, “I’ve never heard of those.”

“Well, it says they used to live in the seas a long time ago, but just disappeared one day,“ Twilight explained before cupping her chin in thought, “Come to think of it, it almost reminds me of this one book I read about a similar race, Sea ponies.”

“...Sounds interesting,” Dash admitted, “And knowing us, we’ll probably end up finding them or something.”

“Maybe,” Twilight shrugged a little, as she closed her book and looked at her phone, “well, we’re almost where the statue is located… want to grab a bite to eat or something?”

“...sure. I think I saw a bakery or something a few blocks back,” Rainbow Dash replied as she flew up a bit, “I’ll go and get us something from there. Be back in a bit.”

“Gotcha,” Twilight nodded as Rainbow Dash flew off, the violet alicorn sitting at a nearby bench as she waited for her.

“Squid ponies…” Twilight muttered, continuing to read about them in her book. She then looked out in the corner of her eye to see what looked like a unicorn filly sitting by herself at another bench, reading something, ‘...What’s she doing out here by herself?’

Said mentioned filly gave a small sigh, wiping a bit of sweat off her face as it was a bit warm out. She looked around a bit, hoping no one was watching as she slowly began to undo her jacket, taking it off so she could feel a bit cooler. However much to Twilight’s slight surprise, she saw the unicorn filly had a pair of wings.

“...Stupid war… Why’d it have to make it so Alicorns are seen as filthy creatures here?” the filly muttered to herself as she stretched her wings a bit.

“...Excuse me,” Twilight spoke up.

“Ahh!” the filly yelped as she quickly put her jacket back on and zipped it up, hiding her wings as she noticed the older mare walking towards her, “Ahem, y-yes miss? Can I help you with something?”

“What are you doing here, all on your own?”

“...before I answer that, you answer me this. How much did you just see?”

“Everything.”

“...I see… please don’t tell anypony what you saw,” the filly begged her

“...I won’t because…” Twilight began, before removing her own jacket, showing a small portion of her wings to her, “...I’m just like you.”

“Who… who are you?” the filly asked.

“...My name is Twilight Sparkle, I’m from Equestria, and I’m the Princess of Friendship,” Twilight introduced herself with a small smile, “May I know who you are?”

“...Dawn Star,” the filly introduced herself, “My name is Dawn Star, Miss Sparkle.”

“Pleasure,” Twilight smiled.

“...I know the Princess of the Night came here to make diplomatic things during the Equestrian Grand Galloping Gala… but why are you here?” Dawn Star asked.

“I’m here with my friends on a vacation, so to speak,” Twilight explained, “But really...well, one of my friends was originally from here, and wanted to come to pay her respects to her late parents.”

“...Fluttershy?” Dawn responded.

“Yes,” Twilight nodded before blinking a bit, “Wait… how do you know her name?”

“Her cousin told us about her,” Dawn answered, “Most of me and my friends haven't’ really seen her yet to tell you the truth.”

“Alright,” Twilight nodded, “...so… are you a Neighponese Princess? ...I’m just curious to know if this land has princesses like Equestria,”

“Nope. Neighponese natives treat all alicorns in one way: dirt. ...no joke, one time I had a nightmare that they found out I was an Alicorn and literally buried me under dirt, saying I had to ‘live with my own kind’...and that…” Dawn paused as she looked down, “I was an impurity… that Alicorn’s shouldn’t exist to begin with, beyond the mythed Ponies of the Beginning.”

“...But what about your parents?”

“...I...don’t know who my parents are,” Dawn admitted sadly, causing Twilight’s eyes to widen, “For as long as I can remember, I’ve been living in the orphanage with my friend Quirky.”

“...I’m sorry about that,” Twilight apologized, hugging her.

“...I was always told to never show my wings… not even Quirky knows I’m an alicorn, nor do any of my other friends. ...Miss Sparkle, can I ask you something?”

“Sure,”

“...What’s it like to have others like you, even though you’re an alicorn?”

“...Well...at first, I was surprised when I first became an Alicorn… but, the princesses and my sister in law have been helping me get adjusted to being one. And my friends… even though I changed, they still accept for me who I am. I’m even with an amazing mare… she makes me feel so special,”

Dawn simply smiled, looking up at the older mare.

“...Do you think my friends will still accept me, even though I’m an alicorn?”

“Yes. Because there’s one thing in this world that is stronger than any kind of magic,” Twilight explained as she knelt down to look at Dawn face to face, “Friendship.”

“...Thanks,” Dawn smiled, “So… are you on a date with your special somepony?”

“Yes, actually. In fact…” Twilight began as she noticed a familiar cyan pegasus flying towards her, “Here she comes now.”

“Hey Twil,” Dash smiled, as she handed Twilight a bag full of some pastries. “...who’s this?”

“This is Dawn Star,” Twilight smiled, “Dawn, This is Rainbow Dash, my…” Twilight paused as she blushed a little, “Very special somepony.”

“...But… aren’t you two mares?”

“Kid, gender isn't important when you love someone,” Rainbow stated as she smiled at Twilight, “Especially when it’s a cute egghead like her.”

“Oh you,” Twilight giggled a bit.

“...Um, you’re not gonna tell her...are you?” Dawn asked Twilight.

“Huh?” Dash blinked at that, “Tell me what?”

“It’s not important.”

“So… where are you two going?” Dawn couldn’t help but ask

“To see the Hachiko statue,” Dash informed.

“...you’re not going the right way,” Dawn informed.

“Pardon/excuse me?”

“The statue’s located near the Odate Station, which is half way across town since you took the wrong way,” Dawn explained.

“....”

“Eheheh...whoops,” Twilight chuckled sheepishly, “ I guess I read the directions wrong.”

“I can take you two there,” Dawn smiled, “I like going there myself,”

“You don’t have to kid,” Dash responded.

“You got lost… I think you may get lost again,” Dawn stated before whispering to Twilight, “Plus, it’s the least I can do for helping me keep my secret, Miss Sparkle.”

---

Soon, Dawn was guiding Twilight and Rainbow to the Hachiko statue, the filly keep her jacket on to make sure no one would see her wings.

“Well… Scoots told me that she’s already there and is waiting for us.” Dash informed Twilight.

“Well… guess Rarity got her there first,” Twilight shrugged.

“Scoots? ...you two mean Scootaloo? She your daughter or something?” Dawn asked.

“No. She’s more like a little sister to me. But…” Rainbow paused as she smiled a bit, “I wouldn't’ mind adopting her.”

The three continued to walk, Dawn singing something.

“Hade ni ikuze, do the action… ugoki daseba climax… kobore ochiru suna no youni, dare mo toki tomeraraenai. Sono sadame okasumono, ‘boku ga/ore ga’ keshite miseru kanarazu. (Let’s proceed in style, do the action… it’s coming alive, this climax… like the sand that is ever falling, time can never be stopped by anyone. Any violator of this never-changing law, ‘I/I’ will erase him, for sure),” she sung.

“What’s that you’re singing there?” Twilight asked as she overheard what the filly sang.

“Oh… it’s a song from this manga that my friend Timid likes. It’s popular,” Dawn informed.

“Huh, I see,” Dash noted, “Well it sounded cool.”

“You understood that?” Twilight blinked as she looked at her marefriend.

“Fluttershy taught me some Neighponese when we were kids. I… understood a little bit…” Dash informed.

“Ahh...I see,” Twilight noted.

“You’re here!” Scootaloo’s voice cheered, causing Rainbow to look ahead to see the pegasus filly running up towards her.

“Hey, Scoots,” Dash greeted as she hugged her, “Sorry for being so late. We… eheh, kinda got lost.”

“You waiting is… symbolic, in a way…” Dawn giggled, “...just like Hachiko.”

“Huh?” Scootaloo blinked as she looked over to see Dawn, “Dawn? What’re you doing here?”

“I helped lead them here after... sorta bumping into Twilight,” Dawn explained.

“Ahh,” Scootaloo nodded as she looked back at Rainbow, “Anyway, I’m glad you're here, Dash. Rarity wa almost about to take me into one of those saloon things.”

Dash simply rolled her eyes a bit, before looking at the statue.

“Hey Dawn-chan, what’s the story of this thing?” Scootaloo asked.

“Well…it’s touching and sad at the same time,” Dawn stated before clearing her throat, “You see, Hachiko waited everyday for his master to come home after work. He would always greet him with open arms… per say. But…” Dawn paused as she looked down sadly, “One day, his master died in a terrible accident. Even though he was gone, Hachiko waited for his master still… until the day he died. But..they say the spirit of his master came to see him and take him home, a small smile on his face as he went home… with his master.”

“Wow..that’s a-” Twilight began before she heard Dash sniffling a bit, ”...Rainbow?”

“...Wh-what? I just...got something in my eye is all,” Rainbow Dash denied, though the small tears in her eyes proved otherwise.

“You’re such a sensitive goof. And I love that about you,” Twilight giggled.

“Yeah...I mean, I know i’m the element of Loyalty and all, but…” Rainbow paused as she looked up at the statue of Hachiko, “Hachiko...he’s the true embodiment of loyalty. To wait for his master, even after he died… that…” Dash paused as small tears trailed down her cheeks, a sad smile on her face, “That’s true loyalty right there.”

Twilight just hugged her, before Dash turned to her.

“...I love you so much Twilight…”

“I love you too, Rainbow,” Twilight smiled, kissing her gently on the lips.

“...huh?” they heard others gawking.

They split, and turned to see the rest of the Crusaders and Searchers, along with Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Applejack and Sunset.

“...Uh…”

“We can explain?” Twilight said with a slight, nervous chuckle.

“You’d better,” Rarity told the two.

“...Fine,” Twilight sighed, “Do you remember the second Grand Galloping Gala?”

“Yeah. What about it?” Pinkie asked, tilting her head slightly in confusion.

“Well...after that whole situation with… you know who, me and Dash went outside for some fresh air to talk,” Twilight explained.

“One thing led to another and… well…” Rainbow Dash paused as she blushed a little, rubbing the back of her head, “...We became a couple.”

“And Celestia approves of us… but… I haven’t told my brother yet. I’m gonna wait a while…” Twilight giggled with a mischievous smirk.

“Well what about your parents?” Rarity asked.

“...I haven’t had a chance to tell them,” Twilight admitted, “I… don’t know how they’ll react really.”

“Well… I haven’t told my mom yet either,” Rainbow Dash admitted as well, “But it’s more out of just… well… not having the time to write or go tell her in person. I...haven't’ seen her since I’ve moved to Ponyville.”

“..Maybe when we get home, we’ll go see her,” Twilight suggested as she held the tomboy’s hand.

“...you two are cute together,” Sunset smiled.

“...you approve of this?” Rarity asked as she looked at Sunset with slightly wide eyes, ”They’re…”

“There’s nothing wrong with that, Rarity,” Sunset told her, “Love works in many ways after all.”

Rarity just didn’t know what to say after that.

“...hey uh… Dash, can I speak with you alone for a second?” Scootaloo asked.

“Sure thing,” Rainbow nodded as she walked off with Scootaloo until they were out of listening range, “So what’s up?”

“...I’m like you and Twilight. I… like a filly…” Scootaloo informed, “...I can trust you with this secret, right?”

“I trusted you with my feelings about Twilight for how long? Yea… you can trust me with this,” dash smiled as she put her hand on Scootaloo’s shoulder, “So...who’s the filly you’ve fallen in love with? One of the Crusaders?”

“...Silver Spoon,” Scootaloo admitted with a blush.

“Silver Spoon? But… isn’t she… you know who’s friend?”

“After what happened when I ended up in the hospital… no,” Scootaloo replied, “...she’s… she’s… cute.”

“Ooh… well…” Dash began with a soft smile, “I’m sure you two can work things out,“ she then looked over her shoulder to see Twilight talking with the others, “I know I did with Twilight.”

“To be honest… I wanted her to come with us, but we didn’t have enough tickets,” Scootaloo sighed a bit.

“Oh… Well maybe I can talk with Twilight about it.”

“I would love that,” Scootaloo giggled.

---

A bit later after that, Silver Hawk had on a belt and a sort of bracelet, while being dressed like a cop.

“So… you wanted to do a scene from that new Drive manga?” Silver Hawk asked.

“Yea. I think it’s amazing… and I wanted to see how it would be if it was… acted out, you know?” Timid giggled.

“So… he’s the Rider, and I’m uh… Kiriko was it?” Fluttershy asked, the shy mare dressed up in a female cop uniform.

“Hai,” Timid nodded.

“Alright,” the two nodded.

---

“Hey… this isn’t you right? You can’t just stop your engine here… you have to keep it going…” Fluttershy said, with Timid watching her imitate a certain event from the manga.

“If your devotion is put into it… you can use the greatest Shift Car… one that will bring your heart out into full throttle!”

Silver Hawk, now in a different part of the room, gawked before he attempted to reach for Fluttershy, about to grab her hand.

“Henshin Tomari-san… TOMARI-SAN!” she called out, managing to put in a Shift Car into the brace. She gasped, but then proceeded to turn the Ignition Key, the standby sound filling the air.

“HENSHIN!” both of them shouted, as Fluttershy pushed the Shift Car up.

=DRIVE: TYPE… TRIDORON!=

Silver Hawk let out a shout, as Timid made the Shift Cars roll over to him, acting as though they came together to form the greatest power.

“That was… amazing…” Timid giggled.

“...and this manga is popular how?” Dash asked, the rest of the Mane 7, the Crusaders and the Searchers having watched this.

“Ano...w-well…” Timid began in a slight nervous manner, “It’s not just the story and such, one of the other things that makes the Kamen Rider series popular are the fight scenes, and the character development throughout each series.”

“...okay,” Dash shrugged.

A knock soon came from the front door, with Silver Hawk going over to open it.

“Oh… you…” Fluttershy blinked, seeing it was Aki and Tomoe.

“Hello, Losershy,” Aki greeted with a cruel smirk, “I figured you’d leave town by now.”

“What. Did. You. Just. Call. Fluttershy?” Dash demanded as she stomped over to the unicorn.

“I called her ‘Losershy’. What’re you gonna do about it, loser?”

Dash was about to charge right for her when AJ and Sunset held her back.

“Let me at her! Let me at that stuck up jerk!” the tomboy barked

“Twilight. Do. Something,” Rarity whispered.

“I wish I could, but I can’t,” Twilight whispered back.

“Hey Losershy, tell the rainbow haired freak to calm down. Those things she’s shouting at me are hurting my eardrums,” Aki scoffed.

“...what. Did. You. Say about my Onee-chan?” Fluttershy asked calmly.

“Like you care. But seriously, tell her to calm down, or else I’ll have daddy boot you and the rest of your loser friends out of here,” Aki threatened.

“I see… so that’s the game we’re playing here…” Fluttershy stated next, clenching her fist.

“I wouldn’t keep making her angry if I were you. You won’t like her when she gets angry…” Pinkie warned.

“Nopony asked for your opinion, you pink doofus,” Tomoe snorted.

“How. Dare. You… make fun of my friends?!” Fluttershy shouted having finally snapped, actually startling Aki for a moment.

“Why do you care for these Equestrian losers anyhow?!” Aki argued, “For all I care, they’re probably here to start another war!”

“These ‘losers’ are my best friends! Not like you would understand friendship!” Fluttershy snapped.

“Pft! Friendship? Please… friendship is stupid. You can just buy friendship anytime you want,” Aki scoffed.

“Agreed,” Tomoe nodded.

Fluttershy said nothing more.

“...leave.” Silver Hawk told the two.

“Not unless you come with me, d-”

“LEAVE NOW!” Silver shouted, startling Aki.

“...Fine. But know this,” Aki began with a dangerous frown, “You all just made a powerful enemy. Tomoe, let’s go.”


“...we’ve met a lot worse. There was the manticore, there was Nightmare Moon, a hydra, a minotaur-centaur thing that could steal magic, Changelings, a-”

“I’m sorry, did you say something?” Aki asked in a non-caring mood, “All I heard was ‘bla bla bla, I’m an idiot. blah blah blah.’”

With that, Aki and Tomoe left with Fluttershy sighing, trying her best to calm down.

“Did I get mean?”

“No,” Applejack replied, “But y’all just snapped when that Aki girl was makin’ fun of us.”

“...I’m sorry… it’s just… she made my life a living nightmare and… I finally wanted to shut her up.” Fluttershy informed, “But...even though I stood up to her, she just ignored it.”

“Some ponies are mean like that,” Twilight sighed.

“...she’s the girl who turned almost your whole school against you?” Dash asked.

“...Hai,” Fluttershy nodded sadly.

“Aki and her sister Tomoe are the daughters of the second richest pony in all of Neighpon,” Silver explained, “They can get away with anything they want cause they’re father can just buy out the company of the pony who denies them anything and fire them.”

“...they’re meanies…” Timid stated, “...Aki wants to marry my brother… and Tomoe says when she does, I’ll be kicked out of the family…”

“She can’t do that… can she?” Sweetie Belle asked Twilight.

“Technically, that is possible… but it’s nothing I ever would recommend,” Twilight replied with a slight frown.

“Then… Fluttershy’s just going to have to marry Silver Hawk first,” Dash said absentmindedly, “...wait. Did I just say that out loud?”

“M-m-m-m-me?!” Fluttershy exclaimed, her entire face redder than a tomato, “M-marry Silver-kun?!”

“It’s possible, yes. But… there’s one problem,” Twilight spoke up, “Silver would have to leave Neighpon... or Fluttershy would have to stay here.”

“...I didn’t think before I spoke,” Dash said sheepishly.

“You not think before you speak, wha?” Applejack responded sarcastically.

“...Nevermind. But seriously, if Silver and his sister just end up moving with Fluttershy back at Ponyville, then bam! They won’t have to deal with that spoiled brat and her sister.”

“They would then A. Leave behind these girls,” Scootaloo began, “And B. Timid would have to deal with an even BIGGER spoiled brat,”

“...Oh yeah… her,” Rainbow frowned, “..Still mad at her for what she did to Scootaloo… that, and she and her pops had a slight hand in causing Ponyville to split up that one day.”

“Wait what?” Sunset gawked at that.

“Don’t ask…” Applejack and Rarity responded sheepishly.

---

Celestia gave a small sigh as she rested. She had just finished with her daily duties, and she decided to have a small rest at the royal hot springs.

However, as she began to relax, she saw a letter from Twilight had appeared. She simply levitated it over, joyful that Twilight was alright in a land rather prejudice against Alicorns.

“I’m glad she’s enjoying herself,” the sun princess smiled before she saw one part, “Oh? ...Well that’ll be easy. Just one ticket won’t h-” she then spotted one part of the letter, “...Luna.”

“Yes, sister?” Luna asked, walking over.

“You may want to prepare your things,” Celestia suggested, “We’re going to Neighpon for a small meeting.”