• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 1,808 Views, 70 Comments

Neighpon tales - Seanzilla115



One night, Fluttershy confesses to her friends she wasn't born in Cloudsdale, but in the foreign land of Neighpon. Little did she know was she was going to encounter something from her former home..or rather, somepony she once knew.

  • ...
11
 70
 1,808

A Promise Made

Fluttershy looked to her son, who was in her arms while her daughter was asleep in a crib given to them by Rarity. It had been a week since the twins were born, and things haven’t been more peaceful.

“Kaito-san… it looks nice, doesn’t it?” Fluttershy asked in a whisper.

Kaito gave a slight coo in response, smiling at her.

‘...and I’ll have to deny you one location. Either we live in Equestria… or we live in Neighpon.’ Fluttershy thought sadly.

---

“...Maybe… we’re just not meant to be with this giant gap between us…” Kota sighed, as he and Applejack were sitting and talking.

“Don’t say that. Ah’m sure we can think of sometin,” Applejack tried to assure him.

“I’m just scared. Ai’s been crying about going home… But… I… I don’t know what to do.”

The two then hugged, a sad look on both their faces.

‘...Dang it. It’s just not fair...’ Applejack thought, the blonde trying her best to not cry, ‘Ah… Ah finally got t’ be with Kota, but now Ah have to let him go...’

“Onii-chan…” Ai’s voice whimpered as she walked in, her eyes red from crying.

“...I don’t know if we’ll be going home soon…” Kota sighed, going over to hug her, “I know you’re home sick ...so am I… but...”

“But what?”

“...”

“...It’s Applejack-san… isn’t it?” Ai asked, earning a nod from her brother, “...Onii-chan… I… I really miss home, but if we do… then it would make you and Applejack-san sad.”

The three sighed, with Applejack simply sitting down on the grass, the blonde tilting her stetson down a bit to hide her eyes.

“...This is the hardest thing in my life…” Kota sighed, “I...I really don’t know what to do. I want us to head home, Ai….but…” he paused as he looked over Applejack, “I don’t want to be away from Applejack…”

“...Same here,” Applejack replied, her stetson shadowing her eyes as a small tear trailed down her cheek.

---

“Mom?” Dawn began as she looked at Nova, “I… I think I want to stay here.”

“...May I ask why?” Nova asked her, “I know I have finally found you my daughter, but I am curious to why you want to stay.”

“...Because… Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo are… are…”

“...Are what, my child?”

“...Like family. I-I’m happy to finally know you mom, but…” Dawn paused as she looked down a bit, “They...took care of me when I couldn’t remember anything...Twilight protected me when Aki lead that witch hunt to go after me, Rainbow Dash has been helping me with my flying, and Scootaloo’s been a great sister to me. I...don’t want to be ungrateful and just leave them...”

“...I will speak with Princess Twilight about it,” Nova said with a small smile.

“...Okay,” Dawn nodded, “But… I have one more question… who’s my father, and what is he like?”

“Your… father?”

“Hai,” Dawn nodded before she saw Nova look down sadly.

“Your father...was a brave stallion,” Nova smiled sadly, “He...sacrificed himself to end the war between Equestria and Neighpon.”

“Oh,” Dawn sighed as she hugged her mother, "I...wish I got to know him."

Nova nodded sadly as she hugged her daughter.
---
“Dawnee, you know… your mother said she’d be fine with me giving you some kisses,” Quirky giggled as she and Dawn sat in the library.

“...Huh? You say something, Quirky?” Dawn asked, her mind elsewhere at teh moment.

“I said your mom would be fine if I kissed you occasionally. Come on…” Quirky giggled, kissing her cheek.

‘...I need to read that book… I need to talk with Tw...’ Dawn thought, before Quirky’s little kisses sort of purged out her thoughts, ‘...eh. What was I thinking? I don’t need to think right now… I...just want to be alone with my fr-’ her thought was cut when Quirky kissed her in the lips, ‘?!’

“I won’t get tired of that. So… fillyfriends?” Quirky asked.

“Ga...e…..I….” Dawn stammered, her face a beet red from the sudden kiss on the lips.

“Teehee. You’re so silly, Dawnee,” Quirky giggled as she hugged the Alicorn filly.

---

“Onii-chan…before the decision of moving or staying is made… can we… at least be at Twilight-hime’s wedding?” Timid asked as she looked at her brother, who was sitting down in the living room of Fluttershy’s home

“....”

“Onii-chan?”

“Hmm? Hai Timid?” Silver Hawk asked as he looked at his little sister.

“I asked if we could be at Twilight-hime’s wedding before you make the choice of ‘go home’ or ‘stay here’.”

“Oh...well of course we’ll stay, Timid-chan. it’s just…” Silver paused as he looked down, “...The decision about going home isn’t the only thing that’s on my mind…”

“Eh? Wh-what do you mean?”

“...I’m...thinking about asking Butterfly-chan to marry me…” Silver replied, a small blush on his face as he showed her the ring, which, much like the one Dash gave to Twilight, it was a mix of Cutie Mark symbols, a hawk shaped diamond on it with what looked like a soft light pink jewel shaped like a butterfly inside of it.

“...I don’t get it,” Timid informed.

“A ring is supposed to show a part of the Cutie Mark, to symbolize unity between the two ponies. The ones Twilight-hime and Rainbow-san have represents both their Cutie Marks,” Silver Hawk explained, “Like how this one represents my and Butterfly-chan’s.”

Timid nodded, “And… I won’t say,” she assured.

---

Kaito and Snow were both fast asleep, the two infants sleeping softly in their crib. Nearby, Angel was giving them a glare, the rabbit not liking them already.

“I wouldn’t mess with them if I were you,” Posey told Angel, “Lest you wish to suffer all of Itoko-chan’s wrath.”

Angel froze a bit at that before he shook it off and hopped away, the rabbit giving the two infants one last glare as he left.

---

“Silver Hawk-kun… apart from medicine…did you do anything else for income?” Fluttershy asked, the two sitting together in the living room.

“...I did work at an onsen or two...Or three… or four… honestly I can’t remember how many it was,” Silver Hawk admitted.

“...Why were you working at an onsen?”

“I was a teenager, and was trying my best to buy medical books and stuff when I was learning to become a doctor,” Silver Hawk explained as an embarrassed blush formed on his face, “i...tried my best not to peek in on anypony... but I didn’t.”

Fluttershy giggled at that, causing Silver to blush a bit more, “You’re so silly, Silver-kun.”

“H-hai,” Silver nodded sheepishly.

---

Rainbow and Twilight simply sat in their room, the two seemingly waiting on somepony. Why the pony that wants to talk to them in their room made the two mares slightly confused.

“What do you think she wants to talk about, Twilight?” Rainbow Dash asked her marefriend.

“Who knows,” Twilight shrugged before she heard somepony knocking on the door, “That must be her now.”

She soon got up and walked towards the door, opening to to reveal Evening Nova.

“I apologize for this, Princess Twilight, but I wanted to speak to you and your fiance alone,” the empress of Neighpon informed the Alicorn as she walked in.

“Um… it’s no problem, Miss Nova. But...what do you need to talk about?” Twilight asked as she closed the door.

“...Celestia has told me about you...from what she told me, you’re quite talented in many forms of magic,” Nova replied in a serious tone, “The reason I bring this up is because it has to do with my daughter, Dawn Star.”

“...What would that be?” Twilight asked nervously, taking Dash’s hand out of fear.

“I have but a simple request,” Nova stated as she cleared her throat, “I want you...to take her under your wing.”

“...Excuse me?” Twilight blinked at that, “You want me to mentor her? And uh… before we continue, I would like a small apology for that scare… you really worried me for a moment…”

“...I apologize,” Nova bowed, “But… will you take her under your wing? She… highly speaks of you, Princess Twilight. She has also told me how you, Rainbow Dash, and your adoptive daughter Scootaloo have taken care of her in my absence.”

“Yea, we have,” Dash nodded, “...I really love it. I never really expected it to happen but… being a mom is great.”

“...I wish I knew that feeling,” Nova smiled sadly, ”I wish I could’ve been a good mother to Dawn Star before… before she was taken from me.”

“...She’s talked about you a lot after her memories of you came back,” Twilight spoke, causing the Empress to look at her with slightly wide eyes.

“...Wh-what did she say?” Nova asked.

“She’s talked about you a lot. She loves you, but she just feels a bit safer with us, given the whole witch hunt that happened in Neighpon.”

“...I understand,” Nova nodded slightly, “That last part… is also why I want you to take her under your wing, Princess Twilight. I want you to promise that you’ll keep her safe in my stead,”

“...I will,” Twilight nodded.

“...Thank you,” Nova smiled softly.