• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 1,808 Views, 70 Comments

Neighpon tales - Seanzilla115



One night, Fluttershy confesses to her friends she wasn't born in Cloudsdale, but in the foreign land of Neighpon. Little did she know was she was going to encounter something from her former home..or rather, somepony she once knew.

  • ...
11
 70
 1,808

Trip Onward

Twilight stared out at the skies, watching clouds roll by slowly.

“...certainly is nice weather,” the Alicorn noted as she rested her arms on the boat’s safety bars, making sure she wouldn’t fall overboard.

“I see a ruby in that one cloud,” Spike spoke up, catching Twilight’s attention as the dragon pointed up, “Look.”

“...Oh yeah. It kinda does,” Twilight noted as she spotted the cloud in question.

“Yeah,” Spike nodded as he walked over to her and smiled, “...look there. There’s a chicken.”

“I see a turkey,” Twilight admitted.

“It’s a chicken, Twilight.”

“No, Spike. It’s a turkey.”

“Chicken.”

“Turkey.”

“Chi-cken.”

“Tur-key!”

“Chicken!”

“Turkey!”

The two glared at each-other for a moment before they just laughed.

“Uh...what’s going on out here?” Sunset asked as she walked up to the two, a look of confusion on her face.

“We’re just watching clouds.”

“You sure? It sounded like you two were arguing out here,” Sunset stated.

“We were, but it was just for fun,” Spike admitted.

“Oh…” Sunset blinked before she giggled a bit, the unicorn walking over to Twilight stood next to her, “How’re you holding up by the way?”

“...I could be a bit better. I’m just… really worried about Rainbow and Midnight,”

“...who?”

“That’s our daughter’s name, Midnight Glow.” Twilight explained.

“Ahh...That’s a nice name,” Sunset admitted with a soft smile.

“Mind me asking you something?” Twilight asked.

“Sure,”

“Are you and Sonata in a relationship?”

“...E-excuse me?” Sunset blushed a bit in response, a bit surprised by the question.

“It’s just… well lately, you two are often together, and she has already given you a nickname,” Twilight stated.

“...I guess that’s true,” The red haired girl admitted thought a bit about this, “I’ve… never even noticed…”

“I mean, heck, you two live together like Vinyl and Octavia do.” Spike added

“First off, aren’t those two sisters or cousins or something?” Sunset asked.

“...That’s a good question,” Spike noted as he walked off to ponder this.

“Second off, we only do that because we really don’t have a place to live here, and Sonata hasn’t… fully been accepted by my friends in the other world,” Sunset added.

“Oh...I see,” Twilight noted

Sunset looked out at the water and thought a bit about what Twilight asked,

“So… why did Sonata turn around anyway?”

“...Let’s just say her ‘sisters’ got into a rather nasty fight, and Sonata was left pretty badly hurt… I found her and...she was in bad shape,” Sunset sighed sadly.

Twilight looked over at Sunset for a moment, the Alicorn not sure of what to say after hearing that.

---

“Do you think it was a good idea to let Twilight leave without us?” Pinkie asked as she, Rarity, Applejack and Sonata met up in Twilight’s throne room.

“Dunno,” Sonata shrugged, “I just got here, and this is the first I’ve heard about her leaving with her dog/dragon Spike, and Sunny.”.

“Ah dunno…” Applejack sighed, “Does she really need our help, especially after hearin’ about that deal she made?”

“What deal?” Sonata inquired.

The three all were silent, uncertain if they should tell her or not.

“...Come on, tell me. What deal are you talking about?” Sonata asked.

“Uh…” Applejack and Rarity stated nervously.

“Come on, girls...please tell me~!” Sonata begged childishly before gasping, ”Is it a special deal on tacos?!”

“....”

“...What? I like tacos.”

“Fluttershyturnedintosomekindofmonsterandsheaffectedherboyfriendandthenshekidnappedrainbowdashandnowtwilighthastotradesunsetforrainbow!” Pinkie stated quickly.

“Pinkie!” Applejack and Rarity snapped.

“I’msorryIcouldn’tcontainmyself!”

“...what was all that?” Sonata blinked.

“Uh...nothin’,” Applejack replied, darting her eyes a little bit.

“....That was a lie just now, wasn’t it?” Sonata responded.

Rarity looked over at Applejack, the latter’s expression saying ‘help me’.

“Uh...why no dear. It...um….” Rarity began, trying to think of something to say so Sonata wouldn’t get suspicious or worried.

“Has to do with them going and getting something in Neighpon. Sunset just went with Twilight to help her!” Pinkie said quickly.

“Oh… okay. So, she’s safe?”

“Yes, she is indeed, darling. So… don’t worry about her… and… don’t worry if you don’t see her for a while…”

“...”

“Sonata?”

“...”

“Sonata, dear?”

“...”

“Y’all okay, sugahcube?”

Sonata just let part of her hair cover her face, the bluette panting a bit as she shook.

“...Darling, you’re starting to scare us.”

The bluenette didn’t say anything further, which started to worry the three mares.

“We need to change the subject… quickly…” Rarity whispered.

“Oh! Oh! I know what to say! Pick me, pick me!” Pinkie responded, raising her hand like a little kid in school.

“...we’re still mad at ya Pinkie, but whatever y’all have t’ say, go fer it,” Applejack stated.

“Hey Sonata… are you and Sunset a couple?” Pinkie asked.

“?!” Sonata’s expression instantly changed and she blushed a bright red, “Wh...what?!”

“Are you and Sunset a couple?”

“N-n-n-n-no?” Sonata stammered, her eyes darting back and forth as she nervously messed with her ponytail.

“...are you certain of that?” Rarity asked, “You two are often together, like Vinyl and Octavia are,”

“They’re not a couple. I asked Vinyl about it,” Pinkie informed.

“Really?”

“Me and Sunny… we’re… um…” Sonata began nervously, “...Sunny is very special to me. She...she helped me out of a very dark place. I… I… I care about her… but, we’re not a couple.”

“But, you two seem so close,” Rarity said.

“Yeah...it does,” Sonata just nodded, “...if I’m honest… I’m a bit jealous. Fluttershy is who Sunset has a crush on…”

Applejack looked at Sonata for a moment before she decided to walk over to the bluette.

“Hey…” Applejack began, catching Sonata’s attention as she turned to look at the blonde, “It’s okay to feel jealous.”

“But...isn’t it bad to be jealous of someone?” Sonata asked

“It’s important to acknowledge the feelin’s of th’ one y’all care about, and yer own” Applejack replied.

“...I guess? I’m not all that great with this whole… ‘feeling’ thing,” Sonata admitted, “Ever since I was young, I’ve learned that I had to feed off the energy made by ponies arguing with each other… that and I mostly followed what Adagio says.”

“Ya seem to be movin’ away from that,” Applejack noted as she smiled at her, earning a smile back from Sonata.

“...Sorry if I came off as needlessly upset. I mean… I thought the deal would be something stupid, like trading Sunny or something,” Sonata stated with a giggle.

The other three forced themselves to laugh a little bit, making Sonata blink a bit before shrugging. The bluenette departed and the group calmed down, with Applejack quickly going over to Pinkie and putting her into a headlock for a mere minute and then putting her down.

“Owie~~” Pinkie whined a bit,”What was that for?”

Applejack wordlessly glared at her.

“Oh… right. The whole blabbermouth thing.”

“That was a little bit much…” Rarity added quickly.

“Fair enough... and Pinkie… Ah will do that again if Ah need to,” Applejack informed as she headed out.

“Duly… noted,” Pinkie slowly nodded.

---

Kota looked up at the clouds himself, but was uncertain about what they could look like.

“Nice looking kumo…” he admitted.

“Wait… that means… spider…” Spike stated as he was in earshot, “Right?”

“Well….yes. There’s a story about that. So… there was this Earth Pony in Neighpon who saw a snake about to eat a spider, and he felt bad for the spider, so he went and rescued it. The following day, a young mare came to his home and said she wanted to work for him. He agreed to let her and that evening, she had made dozens of beautiful pieces of cloth. He asked her how she did it, but the mare told him that he couldn’t ask her that, and he must never go into the room while she worked. He promised he wouldn’t,” Kota began.

“Let me guess… he eventually peaked?”

“Yep. That mare was actually the spider he rescued, using the thread from her mouth by eating the cotton, being his reward for helping the spider. Karma eventually got to him and when he went to get more cotton, the snake got into the basket while he took a moment to rest. When the mare worked the next day, the snake came to hurt her. She tried to run, but due to the cotton, she couldn’t get very far. The snake was about to eat her… when a golden glow came and raised her into the sky, and the spider used the cotton to make the clouds. That’s why ‘kumo’ is both spider and cloud,”

“Woah…”

“Yea,” Kota nodded, ”A lot to take in, huh?”

“Y-Yeah...” Spike slowly nodded, “You certainly have a lot of tales in Neighpon,”

“True that,” Kota nodded in response, “The Neighpon tales are really interesting,”

“Hey Kota, how much longer until we get there?” Twilight asked as she walked over.

“About another few hours,” he informed.

“Ahh...okay then,” Twilight nodded.

---

Dash watched as Fluttershy was doing some… things with Grey Robin, the rainbowette not wanting to watch as she kept her eyes shut. Eventually, she heard the sounds of somepony leaving and slowly peaked her eyes open, seeing Fluttershy there.

“...why did you do that?” Dash asked.

“Couldn’t help myself,” Fluttershy shrugged a bit, “Besides, it was just a bit of an experiment.”

“Yeah…’experiment’,” Dash just rolled her eyes in response.

“...What’s with the sour attitude, Rainbow Dash? I’d expect more from you.”

“...you already have a boyfriend and you’ve said more than once, you’re not into other mares.”

“So? It’s okay to experiment once in awhile,” Fluttershy countered.

Dash just sighed a bit as she watched Fluttershy walk out, leaving the rainbowette on her own. She didn’t know what the heck was going on, but the pale yellow mare that had left… that wasn’t Fluttershy at all. To her, it was somepony completely different.

“That’s not your aunt…” Dash whispered as she looked down at her stomach, “Don’t worry Spectrum, we’ll be back with Twil soon…”

Author's Note:

Hey...sorry for being so silent these past few chapters. I want to address two things before we begin. First: The story Kota told Spike is an actual Japanese story...albiet one modifiedto fit MLPverse Japan, but still. Second: Please check out my other story, Yuki no Naka no Tenshi. I am sort of annoyed by the dislikes another hard worked story is getting and we would appreciate you giving YNT the time of day