• Published 25th May 2012
  • 1,015 Views, 18 Comments

Life is What You Make It, Or How You Happen To Have It Thrown At You - Pegasus Lightning



Fluttershy meets somepony new,and Rainbow is jealous- somehow.Twilight notices his items and thinks-

  • ...
5
 18
 1,015

More Chaos

Twilight paced around the library. Spike walked over to Pinkie Pie.

“Did you see anything there?” Spike asked, with an incredibly masculine voice.

“Wow, Spike, you sound like Fluttershy after the Poison Joke! Well, there was a note on the doorstep.”

“Really? What the HAY did it say?” Twilight inquired rather demand-pantsy.

“Well, it said,” Pinkie now started to talk in an extremely deep voice, “I've gone back to my home, out of Equestria, to assist my people, to bring down Celestia!”

Gasps all around.

“What?”

“Pinkie Pie! How do you NOT think that's a threat?” Twilight shouted.

“I- I don't know.”

“Ugh. Whatever. Spike!”

“Yes, ma'am?”

“Take a letter. Dear Princess Celestia, I have regret to inform you of a horrible attack that is...”

Twilight was interrupted by a large bang as the door to the library swung open, revealing cousin Braeburn of the Apple family.

“Appleloosa's been attacked!”

“Cousin Braeburn! How in th hay did you git over here so quick?”

“Train. Ponyville was the first stop.”

“Attacked by what? Buffalo? Zebra?” Twilight needed to know.

“A locomotive off of its tracks. It had cannons, and suicide drivers. It smashed into our clock tower and it exploded. It killed half the town!”

“Oh no.”

“Somethin' you're not tellin' us, Sugarcube?”

“Umm, no.”

“Fluttershy, we need you to tell us.”

“I promised I wouldn't.”

Emerald left the library in a panic. Applejack and Twilight ran after him.

The two were out of the street, and behind Carousel boutique, still in pursuit of Emerald, when they saw Rainbow Dash fly above. Twilight collapsed, grabbing at her horn.

“Twi!” Applejack shouted.

“GO! Catch him!”

Applejack nodded. She ran in pursuit of Emerald. Getting close, Rainbow Dash flew and picked her up just as she was about to catch him. She bucked Rainbow, knocking the wind out of her.

She tackled Emerald. Emerald kicked wildly as he was tied up by Applejack's seemingly ever-present lasso. Just as she was about to speak, a large figure appeared above her. She was picked up, and thrown into a deep ditch. She was tied with her own lasso, and hit with a branch that now covered her.

The swift beating was not delivered by Rainbow Dash. Nay, (zing!) it was delivered by magic, of which Dash posseses none. However, it was delivered by Epic, who'd flown atop Carousel Boutique.

Emerald was out of sight, and so were Dash and Epic. Applejack caught a single glimpse of Epic. She recognized him, and once her memory kicked in, she made the connection.

Once Epic was gone, Twilight was able to stand back up and continue her now idle pursuit of Fluttershy's colt-friend. Instead of finding Applejack on top of the stallion who they were pursuing, she found the rodeo champion of Ponyville tied with her own lasso.

“AJ? What are you doing?”

She couldn't speak, the rope was through her mouth. Twilight removed it promptly.

“There's an alicorn here. A MALE alicorn.”

“What? No there's not. There's not a single one of them in all of Equestria.”

“Exactly. That's why we never see none of 'em. He ain't from Equestria. Neither is Zecora.”

“Oh my gosh- you're right. Applejack, you may have just saved Equestria. Or just foretold how we get destroyed. Either or.”

“Oh. Let's get back to the library.”

“Okay. First, we need to tell Fluttershy to get Rainbow Dash here, stat.”

The two friends ran back to the library. Once they were there, Rarity was able to speak, and Sweetie Belle felt fine. Fluttershy successfully brought back Rainbow Dash. Once she got there, Braeburn and Applejack lassoed her to the ground.

“Now, Rainbow, who was the alicorn?”

“Celestia or Luna or Cadance. What alicorn?”

“Rainbow Dash! Don' you play dumb with us!” Applejack yelled at her.

“Nopony was with me!”

“That's not true, Rainbow. Who was he? We know you know.”

“Fine. He's my colt-friend.”

“WOW Dashie! Your colt-friend is an alicorn? Awesome!”

“Yeah, it is awesome Pinkie.”

“Duh. I just told you that!”

“Focus, girls! Now, why is he here?”

“I can't tell you.”

“Then you can't leave.”

“Fine.”

“So you'll tell us?”

“No. Buzz off, Twilight. What could be so important? Why do you NEED to know?”

“Appleloosa got attacked!” Braeburn shouted at her.

“Oh, gosh. By what?”

“Some death-train.”

“Oh no.”

“Now do you see?” Twilight begged. “You HAVE TO tell us.”

“I will. Promise you won't freak out?”

“I promise.”

“Do you Pinkie promise?” Pinkie instinctively inquired.

“Of course. I don't want to end up like that stallion in Mexicolt City. I bet he broke his Pinkie promise.”

Everypony laughed except Pinkie Pie. (These two lines previous are a refrence to another fic I wrote recently)

“Okay, so I went to Club Alicorn with Applejack, and when she was off makin' out with some stallion she just met, I met him.”

“The alicorn?”

“Yes, Twilight. The alicorn. He's not from here. To be frank, I don't even know WHERE he's from. I do know that he and his cousin are on the run from a different nation.”

“Why?”

“Because they tried to prevent a horrible attack on Equestria, but they were convicted for treason.”

“Were they, by any chance, trying to prevent some armaggedon train?” Braeburn asked.

“Yes. Why?”

“Then we might have quite a large disaster on our hands. They didn't prevent much.” Twilight declared.

“Huh?”

“In Appleloosa, we were attacked. It killed half the town. It killed buffalo, too. Includin' Little Strongheart. Ah tried tuh save her, but it was just too late.”

“Oh, sweet Celestia.”

“We have to get to the elements.” Twilight quipped.

“The Elements of Harmony. They will do nothing.”

The entire room turned to face an alicorn who was standing in the doorway.

“Epic!” Rainbow Dash flew over to him in a heartbeat.

“Nice to see you, too Rainbow Dash.”

“Will you please stop leaving?”

“Once I am safe.”

“Is this the same alicorn who flew by earlier?” Twilight asked him.

“Yes, it is me.”

Applejack, now enraged, grabbed her lasso and whipped it at his head. Epic's horn lit up a neon green, and the rope dissintegrated out of the farmer's hooves. Twilight and Rarity both dropped to the floor. Sweetie Belle covered her horn.

“Ow!”

“What's the matter, Sweetie?” Pinkie asked.

“My horn! It hurts!”

“Mine, too!” Twilight complained.

Rarity passed out again

“Rainbow, what's his name?”

“Epic.”

“Epic, I think YOU caused all of the surges.”

“Surges? I've heard of them, but I've never had one.”

“Just look at your power! You just dissintegrated Applejack's lasso out of mid air!”

“You don't study that spell?”

“NO! That spell is unheard of!”

“Do you practice ANY destruction ma- oh, nevermind. Equestria only practices conjuration and teleportation. I understand what's happening.”

“What?”

“Basically, my nation's magic is entirely different from Equestria's. We practice the darker magic; desruction, illusion, that sort of thing.”

“Then that explains the trains.”

“I suppose.”

Spike grabbed at his mouth and produced a letter. Twilight Sparkle grabbed it and opened it with ease.

“It reads; Dear Twilight Sparkle, you and your friends must get to the Elements of Harmony now!”

“Don't listen to the letter.”

“What? Why not? It's from Princess Celestia for pony's sake!”

“Precisely! She doesn't know it, but the Elements of Harmony have no effect on destructive forms of magic; the sheer strength will destroy all of the power the elements have.”

“Wha- how do you know?”

“Altai has its own Elements of Harmony, and our king, my father, has yet to be defeated by them, even after four uses. I represent the sixth element- magic.”

“As do I.”

“Do you really?”

“Yes.”

“Um, not to alert anypony, but there's a big cloud of black smoke over there.”

And then a shot rang out.