• Published 5th Mar 2015
  • 237 Views, 7 Comments

Snippet of Messages - PinkieHD



It all started with a dream. Pinkie Pie was not dreaming her usual dream about waffles. Her current dream was about her happily chasing a small white rabbit when her dream made a dramatic turn to the worst.

  • ...
 7
 237

Chapter 9: Do You Even Lift

Twilight laughed uneasily as she looked at her teacher "What do you mean by others? Are you saying that there are more us hiding somewhere?"

Celestia's smile just widen and she winked at Twilight "You'll see. Now stand back. I need to gather my remaining magic for this." She sighed while muttered "I miss the times where I can use my magic all willy-nilly."

While the other ponies complied, the alicorn spread her wings apart and started glowing. She closed her eyes and focused her mind. She was mentally envisioning the Everfree Forest as her mind began to wander. After a while, her vision was in the forest itself and everywhere she looked, wild roots of various shapes and sizes were wrapping around the trees and rocks, carnivorous animals were lurking in the dark, waiting for prey to come along, and the water was as black as void. Celestia was used to that, living for years in a world like this did that to a pony, so she continued moving forward until she saw what she was looking for, a dome of roots which was as large as Ponyville. She mentally smiled to herself as she found what she wanted. Huh... I've been gone for weeks but that thing still looks the same... she mentally chuckled.

Without any warning, Celestia opened her eyes and they were glowing so bright that everypony there flinched and turned their heads away. Before long, the whole room was engulfed in light and in a few seconds later it vanished, along with everypony else.

Twilight blinked her eyes as she surveyed her surroundings. The first thing she noticed were the trees, then the roots, and then finally the roots surrounding the trees. She realized they were currently in the Everfree forest and around them were huge black roots and vines that have blue thorns on them. Just outside of her vision, she could see things lurking around in the trees surrounding them. Probably the local inhabitants trying to search for food. Do they count as food?

Twilight gulped as she stood on guard "U-um princess? I think we have a problem" when she didn't get a reply, she looked towards the others and noticed that there was one pony missing from their group.

An alicorn.

A magical alicorn.

A magical alicorn princess who was the only pony in their vicinity who was knowledgeable about the whole situation they were in.

"Uhh..." Twilight's mouth was wide open while her left eye was twitching.

Pinkie waved a hoof on Twilight's face but failed to get any reaction from her. Pinkie turned towards the other mares and shrugged her shoulders. "Girls, I think Twi-twi is broken, again"

None of the mares knew what to do because they tried in the past but none of their ideas worked.

Dusk Shine sighed as he trotted next to Twilight.

"I got this." they had to thank the divines when Dusk Shine stepped in and offered to help. In fact, all he had to do to release Twilight off her funk was to tell her that she forgot to make a list for next month. The next couple of seconds was composed of Twilight putting her forehooves on Dusk's shoulders and shook him to death while berating herself for being careless. It took about a minute for the other mares to pry the purple mare off the stallion.

"Ok everypony" Dusk Shine started as he looked at each one of them with determination "We are currently in the Everfree Forest and we are seemed to be surrounded by dangerous plants and carnivorous animals and with no shelter, no food and, more importantly, no princess to guide us. Any questions?"

Berry raised a hoof. Everypony sans him and Pinkie raised an eyebrow.

"Yes Berry?"

"I volunteer to scout ahead and see if I can either find food or shelter" he said seriously.

Dusk Shine's eyes widened "A-are you sure? I mean, not that I'm happy that you're volunteering or anything but aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself? Those things look dangerous and I don't think that going out there alone is going to ease my mind."

"I'll go with him" Pinkie Pie said as she hopped next to the pink stallion.

Fluttershy trotted towards Pinkie and asked her softly "P-P-Pinkie? I-it looks really s-scary out there a-and a-aren't you a-afraid?"

Pinkie shook her head vigorously "Nopie-dopie-lopie!" She then nudged the pink stallion beside her "Somebody has to keep an eye on the big guy" she said with a wink. He grinned and responded by flexing his muscles. Pinkie Pie just giggled at that.

Rainbow Dash leaned towards Twilight and whispered "Somepony sure is acting like a schoolfilly."

Twilight just shook her head in amusement at the two pink ponies' antics.

Dusk nodded his head, clearly not noticing the chemistry between the two. "Alright, while the both of them do that, the rest of us are going to stay here and search the area for any clues as to where the princess is. I'm sure that she has teleported near us."

"Uhhmm... C-can I make a s-suggestion? I mean, if it's ok with you guys" Butterscotch stuttered while he was dragging his front hoof on the ground.

"Sure Scotch, what's on your mind?"

"Wh-what if we uhmm ask the a-animals..? I mean, since she is very powerful then maybe they can feel her magic?"

Dusk blinked his eyes as he registered the question in his head "That is actually very good suggestion. If anything can find the princess in this forest then the animals are our best choice! Good going Butterscotch!"

The timid stallion just smiled shyly while the yellow pegasus mare beside Pinkie looked at him with admiration for his bravery.

Berry raised a hoof again.

"Yes Berry?"

"Does that animal over there count as something we should ask?" Berry pointed towards a shaded area where two blinking eyes were staring blankly right at them from inside a bush. They blinked back at it.

Then out of nowhere, a rabbit came out from another bush and was hopping it's way in the clearing. When it got closer to the bush where they saw the first animal though, a huge claw rose above the bush and slammed it at the rabbit. The small rabbit tried to get away but the grip was too tight before it was dragged in the bush and munching sounds could be heard inside followed by a burp.

Everypony there blinked at the spectacle before they turned towards each other again. It was obvious that they didn't want to remember what they have just seen.

Dusk shook his head and coughed "Alright, come on guys let's do this!"

"Yeah!"

Dusk Shine walked towards his mare double and nudged her shoulder "So Twilight Sparkle, which direction do you think we should go?"

Twilight looked quizzically at him "You mean the two of us?" Dusk Shine nodded. Twilight furrowed her eyebrows, which Dusk Shine found cute, and asked "Why?"

Dusk Shine just raised an eyebrow "Why? Isn't it obvious with the two of us together, nothing can distract us from our objective."

Twilight nodded. "I guess that is true..."

"So... which direction, miss Sparkle?"

Twilight rubbed her chin in concentration "Hmm... I think we should go North!"

"North? Now that I think about it... I have this feeling that going North is going to be quite fruitful for our search! Let's go!"

So the two purple unicorns ventured North, not even bothering to look at the bush behind them where the princess was unconscious from using her magic too much.

None of the ponies there actually thought of looking through the bush as they also paired up and went their ways.

You sure do know how to pick them princess.


With Berry and Pinkie...

It was strange how the two pink ponies looked alike while at the same time looked so different. If somepony other than their group was asked to comment about the two, they would probably think that they were siblings. A big brother trying to protect his innocent little sister.

Mentally, the two pink ponies had the same track of mind. They both loved parties, both loved eating cakes and, most of all, both loved showing their affection by hugging.

Physically though, that's where the difference come to mind, mostly since one is a mare and the other is a stallion. The stallion was huge, almost as big as Big Macintosh, while the mare was almost half his size. While the mare kept bouncing around, the stallion on the other hoof was just walking. Another difference were their builds. The stallion was buffed, which was obvious at first glance, while the mare looked flexible, enough to bend her body in awkward angles. But the one thing that the two of them always shared was their huge million-watt miles directed at each other.

Pinkie suddenly stopped bouncing and dropped to the ground slowly while facing the stallion, prompting him to stop on his tracks.

Berry raised an eyebrow, still with a smile on his face as he looked down at the pink mare "What's up Pinks?"

Pinkie just smiled even brighter at the nickname he gave her and softly said "I just wanted to thank you. You know, back in the castle when you defended me from Blitz! I know that he was just mad for what happened but you still stepped in for me"

Berry just scratched the back of his neck and blushed "Of course I would do that. I mean, you are, that is, important to me. I would do anything just to see you smile"

Pinkie's smile turned soft before she raised her head and kissed Berry on the lips. It was a quick kiss but was still a kiss nonetheless.

"Likewise" Pinkie said before she started bouncing again.

Berry just stood there with a huge blush on his face before he shook his head and followed the pink mare albeit he was trotting since his body was too heavy to copy the movements of his counterpart.

"So Berry, what kind of work do you do? You know, aside from being a baker in Sugarcube Corner?" Pinkie asked as she kept bouncing.

"Well... Like you said, I am a baker but I also work as a part-time construction stallion."

"Construction stallion? What's that?"

Berry furrowed his brows "Hmm... You know, somepony who builds stuff like houses, fountains and those other huge structures you see in town."

"Ohhhh... That's neat! No wonder you look so huge!" she giggled.

Berry grinned at her. Looks like his work finally paid off "Thanks. It's hard to maintain a body like this."

Berry and Pinkie continued their small talks, completely forgetting about the fact that their mission was to scout around, when they came across the most peculiar sight they'd ever seen. A dome like structure made up of roots and vines all around them. It was huge. Both of the ponies ooh'd at the dome and turned to each other with a smile.

"You know what this calls for?" Berry asked.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Only if you're thinking what I'm thinking!"

"Then I guess you do know what I'm thinking since I know what I'm thinking!"

"It's time for..."

"A party!"

Before they could even start cheering, something came out from the dome like structure.

"Yeah... I wouldn't do that if I were you..." the approaching figure said with a somewhat raspy voice

Pinkie looked towards the source of the voice "GAAAASP! I know you!"

Author's Note:

Here you go!