• Published 5th Mar 2015
  • 236 Views, 7 Comments

Snippet of Messages - PinkieHD



It all started with a dream. Pinkie Pie was not dreaming her usual dream about waffles. Her current dream was about her happily chasing a small white rabbit when her dream made a dramatic turn to the worst.

  • ...
 7
 236

Chapter 1: A dream is a wish your heart makes... literally

Ponyville...

A peaceful place where everyone knew everyone.

A place where almost everyone was a friend with each other.

A place where the current Elements of Harmony were residing.


At the moment, it was nighttime and everypony living there was peacefully asleep.

Most of everypony at least.

Inside Sugarcube Corner, on the upper part of the sweet store, there was a certain pink earth pony who was currently twisting and turning in her sleep. The mare had a frown on her face while small whimpers escaped her mouth.


Pinkie was currently running in the Everfree Forest, chasing a small white rabbit.

The pink mare didn't know why she was chasing the small rabbit and she was about to open her mouth and ask the rabbit where it was going when she heard giggling. She tried looking around for where the sound came from but for some odd reason she couldn't turn her head. No matter how much she tried, her gaze was stuck on the small creature.

Pinkie had this weird feeling stirring inside her. She felt like she was having the time of her life. She could feel her blood pumping faster as she was gaining on the rabbit. But still, she thought that something was wrong. She didn't know what but she had to do something about it. She wanted to stop running but her legs was not listening to her. Just then, a voice spoke up. The same voice that giggled just a moment ago.

"Hey little guy" Said the high pitched voice that was all too familiar for the pink mare. "I'm not going to hurt you so can you please slow down a little so I can give you something special?"

Pinkie was more confused now since the small rabbit actually increased it's pace after hearing the voice. Why would it try to run even faster from somepony like her? Why was it running in the first place? Maybe it was playing tag with her.

The voice giggled once again "I always love a good chase!"

The small creature looked back at her and it was then that Pinkie realized that the rabbit was actually running away from her because it was scared. The rabbit was about to take a sharp turn when Pinkie's left hoof lashed forward and stamped on the creature's tail, hard. The small creature tried to scream it's head out when Pinkie's other hoof covered it's mouth.

Pinkie heard the giggling once again and she realized it was her all along. She then felt a wide smile crawling across her face as she slowly increased the pressure of her hoof on the rabbit's face. Why would that make her smile? That was a terrible thing to be happy about! But even though she was mentally cringing at what she was doing, outwardly, her smile even grew larger as the scared rabbit desperately tried to get free from the pink mare's hold on it.

"Wasn't that fun?!" She beamed at the scared rabbit. "That was the best chase I had in a while! Most of the animals I chased just cowered in fear and didn't run away from me!" This time, Pinkie could feel herself frowning then she heard herself sigh "But alas, good things always come to an end..."

And with that last statement, Pinkie pushed her hoof harder on the rabbit's face until she could hear something squish beneath her hoof and some sort of liquid splashed across her face. She could feel her smile returning and she started giggling like she was told the funniest joke in the world.


Pinkie woke up screaming at the top of her lungs while she held for her dear life on her blanket. Gummy was actually thrown off the bed by the sudden movement but he just blinked at his shouting owner. Seconds later, the Cakes burst through her door and looked frantically around the room.

"Pinkie?! What's wrong?! What happened?!" Mrs. Cake asked as she rushed towards the cowering pink mare and hugged her tightly. "Why are you crying dear?!"

Pinkie couldn't answer her and could only shake her head since she herself didn't know what she was crying about. She couldn't even remember what she was dreaming about but she felt that it was something that she didn't actually wanted to remember. She tightened her hold on Mrs. Cake when she felt a hoof on her shoulder.

"Pinkie?"

Pinkie Pie raised her head and saw that Mr. Cake was looking worriedly at her.

"It's ok if you won't tell us what happened but please remember that we would always be here when you need us"

The pink mare smiled softly at him and returned to snuggle against Mrs. Cake as she continued to cry her heart out.


Pinkie Pie was now on her way towards Golden Oak Library where one of her best friends, Twilight Sparkle, was currently living. The Cakes was more than happy to give the pink mare the rest of the week off since they thought she needed it. Pinkie Pie couldn't agree more with them. After what happened that morning, Pinkie Pie couldn't help but feel troubled about something. And who better to help her than the smartest mare in all of Equestria! Maybe she was exaggerating a bit but to her, Twilight Sparkle was the smartest mare she ever knew!

She knocked on the wooden door on the library and she could hear a pair footsteps walking towards it.

"Oh hey Pinkie Pie. Nice to see you this morning" Spike, Twilight's assistant, greeted her with a smile and motioned her to come in. "Is there anything I can help you with? You do realize that this is a public library and you could always come in without knocking, right?"
he joked.

Pinkie Pie just chuckled lightly "Oopsie, I think I forgot about that. Is Twilight busy or is she in one of her reading marathons?"

It was actually a known fact that the purple unicorn was a 'tad bit' addicted to reading.

Spike chuckled "You're in luck! She just finished reading 'Supernatural' this morning and she is currently taking a rest. Should I go fetch her for you?"

Pinkie Pie smiled brightly "Yes please!"

Spike nodded and went up the stairs towards Twilight's room.

While Pinkie was waiting for her friend, her mind ventured back towards her morning and frowned. She just couldn't wrap her head around on what happened. Why did she scream when she woke up? Why was she bawling her eyes out? And most importantly, why couldn't she remember anything?

"Pinkie?"

Pinkie Pie raised her head and saw Twilight walking towards her with a smile on her face

"Spike said you were looking for me. How can I help you?"

Pinkie Pie sat on the ground and rubbed her forelegs together. She still wasn't sure if she was ready but she knew that she had to do it. Twilight noticed her pink friend's uneasiness and frowned.

"What's wrong Pinkie?"

Pinkie Pie gulped and said in a voice that Twilight had never heard from her before, fear.

"D-do you know any spell that can help me remember my dreams?" she stuttered.

Author's Note:

That's it for now!

Hmm... I accept criticisms!