• Published 5th Mar 2015
  • 237 Views, 7 Comments

Snippet of Messages - PinkieHD



It all started with a dream. Pinkie Pie was not dreaming her usual dream about waffles. Her current dream was about her happily chasing a small white rabbit when her dream made a dramatic turn to the worst.

  • ...
 7
 237

Chapter 15: The Doctor is In

"Please! I didn't do anything!" Derpy shouted hysterically as she struggled from her bindings. She felt a hoof on the top of her head and heard a feminine voice talk to her.

"I'm sorry." the voice said sincerely. "I wish that I can help you but there is nothing I can do."

"Y-you can s-set me f-free..." Derpy begged desperately.

The voice sighed sadly. "I'm sorry but that is beyond what I can do freely. Believe me, if I could I would." She could hear the mare walking away while muttering "In fact, you're lucky that you got sent here." before the door slammed shut.

Derpy lowered her head on the mechanical table and cried her eyes out. She couldn't believe it. Betrayed by the one she loved. She didn't want to believe it at first but the evidence smacked her right on her face. The way she laughed, full of sadistic glee.

It was only a few minutes later when the door opened an a set of hooves walked in.

"Sorry for the wait but more important matters needed to be attended." The voice sounded feminine and intellectual. She could hear the mare walking around and grabbing some papers from somewhere "Now... Let's see who we have here." She heard the rustling of paper as the mare flipped through them. "Derpy Hooves... Wait... Derpy?" The mare laughed "Oh divines! Do you know how long I've waited for you?!"

"W-what?" Derpy said in hoarse voice from crying too much.

The mare wasn't listening to her since she continued to laugh joyously "Oh this is the best day ever!" The mare hugged Derpy from behind. "We are going to have so much fun!" the mare squealed in delight.

"W-what are you g-going to d-do with m-m-me?!" Derpy demanded.

The mare tsked her three times "Sorry. That's confidential. You'll find out in a minute though." Derpy then heard sounds of metal clashing with each other. "Now... first order of business... Let's replace that eye of yours."

Derpy screamed as a scalpel pierced through her eyelids and she tried to squirm away but a hoof was holding her head down.

"Hold still! This is a delicate procedure and I need to concentrate! I would've used some anesthesia but that's just not my style!"

Screams could be heard inside the room as blood spilled from Derpy's face and the mare continued to laugh sadistically.


"O-oh my..." Fluttershy mumbled as she cried openly.

The other mares were not fairing well and were also crying. This was too much. Nopony should experience something like that.

Derpy shrugged her massive shoulders sadly "It's ok. Past is past. Anyway, after she replaced my eye, she then started removing my limbs and replaced them with mechanical parts. This went on for about a few months. In between, she would replace them with stronger and sturdier parts until I am what I am today. I was always used to test those parts in some kind of arena with some of the grounders."

"Do you know what the mare looked like? The one who did the operation, I mean."

Derpy shook her head as she glared at a wall. "No. I don't know how she did it but I just can't seem to remember her face. It's like she blocked herself from my memory."

Ace furrowed his eyebrows. "Is that even possible? Removing oneself from the memories of others. Quite intriguing if I do say so myself."

"So how did you escape?" Rainbow Blitz asked. "I mean, you did say that the mare found you important."

Derpy opened her mouth to reply but nothing came out. "I... I can't remember... It was just like any other day. I was sent back to my cell to rest for the night and the next thing I knew, I woke up in the forest."

"And that's when we found you." Ace said.

"Yeah... you and that traitor." Derpy muttered but Ace heard her.

Ace would've retorted but they heard something click and the floor in front of them opened. All eyes were locked on the floor and some of them readied their weapons in case it was an ambush. Everypony sighed in relief though when the head of Trixie popped from under the floor.

"Hey guys!" Trixie said happily as she climbed inside the room followed by a purple unicorn mare.

"Twilight!" shouted all the of her mare friends as they jumped on her and gave her a group hug. Twilight laughed as she returned the hug enthusiastically.

The next pony to climb up was another purple unicorn stallion. This time though, the only one who jumped on him was a big muscled pink stallion.

"Dusk!" Berry shouted gleefully as he hugged Dusk Shine tightly. "It's great to see you!"

Dusk shine could feel his ribs cracking as he weakly returned the greeting. Berry had the sense to let him go and Dusk gasped for air as he dropped on the ground. He then felt somepony pat him on the back and when he turned around he smiled as Dash and Butterscotch stood behind him huge grins on their faces.

Ace walked next to Trixie and gave her a hug. She returned the hug and smiled coyly at him after he released her. Ace was about to ask her what was with the smile when Trixie leaned forward and kissed him. She released it only a few seconds later and she giggled when Ace just stood there with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Wh-wh-whaaa?" Ace asked intelligently.

Trixie giggled again before she leaned towards his ear and whispered "It's because I missed you."

Ace just nodded his head absentmindedly.

Trixie then cleared her throat loudly, effectively getting everyone's attention "So... everypony ready? Good! Now, let's go!"

She motioned everyone there to get inside the hole and one by one they jumped in until Trixie was the last one to go down and cover the hole with the floor board she raised beforehand.


"So Trixie... How did you know about this passageway?" Lone claw asked as they slowly walked inside the cave under the tower.

"Actually, I was here when this tower was still built and I specifically advised the architect to build some kind of escape route in case of ambushes. At first he laughed at me for making such a suggestion but I then told him that if ever something happened to the tower and he failed to protect it then it would be on his head. It came to no surprise months later when he showed me this when the tower was finished being built." Trixie laughed wholeheartedly "In fact, he personally thanked me years ago when the tower was overridden with flyers and their only means of escape was the this tunnel."

"So that's how they escaped! And here I thought they muscled their way through!" Ace nodded satisfied with this new information.

At the back, the four dimension traveling mares were having their own serious conversation.

"Did you two kiss?" Rainbow Dash asked Pinkie Pie excitedly.

"Rainbow! You can't just ask her like that! It's private!" Twilight scolded. She then looked looked at Pinkie uncomfortably. "So... did you kiss?"

Pinkie put a hoof on her chin and thought "Hmmm..." The three mares looked at her expectantly. Pinkie looked back with a huge smile on her face accompanied with a blush. "Yes!"

Twilight and Rainbow Dash looked at each other and squealed like school-fillies while Fluttershy just smiled at Pinkie.

"You go girl! Who would've thought that the first pony in our group to have a coltfriend would be you!" Rainbow Dash said proudly.

"Y-yeah..." Fluttershy agreed but with less enthusiasm. "I-I mean, I thought that you w-would be too busy with hosting parties and not have time for, you know, getting that special somepony."

Pinkie looked at Berry longingly and then back to her friends. "I thought so too but after meeting him and getting to know him better, I think I finally found what I've been missing my whole life. My dream has always been seeing everypony smile but I also felt that something was missing." She smiled softly unlike her other smiles that were full of energy. "But after coming here, I finally found out what was missing. Somepony to share it with."

Pinkie once again glanced at Berry and caught his attention. She gave him a soft smile and a little wave. Berry waved back and she then turned her focus back to the other mares.


Blitz saw this exchange so he decided that he needed to intervene. "Hey brony" Blitz said as he tapped the pink stallion on his shoulder. When Berry turned his head towards Blitz, he started talking again. "I've been wondering for a while now. What's up with you and Pinkie there?"

That question got both of Dusk Shine and Butterscotch's attentions and they stopped talking to each other to listen.

Berry smiled but unlike his other beaming smiles. This one was soft as he once again glanced at the pink mare. "I don't know." He answered simply without his usual bubbleness. "We're friends but at the same time I feel like we're something closer."

"Y-you mean like s-somepony s-s-special?" Butterscotch supplied quietly.

Berry nodded slowly. "Yeah... Something like that. It's just that, I feel this some sort of connection with her. Like, it's something I've been missing all my life but at the same time, it's something that I just realized that I needed all my life." Berry once again glanced at Blitz. "Confusing right?"

"Uh-huh..." Blitz nodded absentmindedly, clearly not listening to everything Berry said. "Tell me, what are your feelings for her?"

"Feelings? Like Scotch said, I think, to me, she's somepony special..." he trailed off.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Blitz said as she flew in front of Berry and made all the dimension travelling stallions stop in their tracks. "Back up. Are you telling me that you lo-" he had trouble saying the word. "Have deep feelings for her?"

Berry nodded.

Blitz shook his head "Ok, Bubs, rule number 1 in dating mares. Never, and I mean never, have deep feelings for them. That only spells disaster. Trust me, been there done that."

"B-but Rainbow!" Butterscotch protested albeit he was whispering. "Y-you can't just tell Berry to s-stop loving her!"

Blitz glared at the yellow pegasus making him wince. "Why not?"

"Because this isn't about you." Dusk Shine spoke as he glared at the cyan pegasus. "This about Berry and miss Pie. Just because you don't approve of their relationship doesn't mean that they should stop it."

Blitz winced as Dusk's words sank in. "I-I never said that I didn't approve. It's just that... that..." before he could find a way to escape, Butterscotch cut him off again.

"Is it because you're afraid to lose your best friend?"

Berry eyes widened as he looked at Blitz "Is that true?"

Blitz looked down, defeated, and nodded his head slowly. It was just a moment later when he felt a powerful foreleg wrap around his neck and he was given a noogy.

"What are you talking about brony? Just because me and Pinkie have our special moments doesn't mean that I will forget about my bestest of best friends!" He grinned brighter and turned his head towards the other two stallions before his forelegs stretched and grabbed them for a group hug. "I love you guys!"

Dusk Shine laughed as well. "Yeah, yeah... We love you too big guy. Come on, we're lagging behind."


Border Watchtower Underground

The floorboard where Twilight and the others climbed down from was destroyed as a hoof smashed through it.

A moment later, a black coated stallion with red beaming eyes jumped down, followed by another pony who looked just like the first one, Then another and another.

Hooves could be heard as the herd of black coated ponies marched towards the dimension travelers.

Author's Note:

Hmm... this feels lacking...

Once again... I accept criticism!