• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 656 Views, 5 Comments

Fun Fact Contest: The Apple behind Operation RedHeart - FandomAnvil



Operation RedHeart. Its seven 'hired' operatives include one covert pervent, one sharp tongued lady-mare, one pranking OCD, one mini package of intimidation, one green gentle giant, one smart muscled chef and one obnoxiously egoistic ace.

  • ...
0
 5
 656

The 'Stache Family

As Sugarcube Corner shrank away into the distance behind them, Echo turned to Api and the neatly wrapped box on her back. The younger filly had come out from the kitchen with it just as Echo was finishing her cupcake and motioned for Echo to follow her.

“Mind telling me what the box is for?” Echo bobbed her head at the container.

“It’s cookies for Miss Rarity’s family at the Carousel Boutique,” Api replied, sounding the opposite of amused.

“Okay…”

“I swear that Candy inherited some of her mother’s Pinkie Sense. I mean, how on earth did she know we were going to the Carousel Boutique afterwards. I just walk in she getting down on my cousin and she just ups to wrap this box while I gave Del a good talk. It’s like she doesn’t even care if she just stole Del’s first kiss!”

“Uhmm…”

“She could have asked Cloudy and Sugar. They could have sent it on their usual delivery runs for the Cake twins but no. She had to push the task to me and rescue Del from my hoofs. I was just about to give him a piece of my mind. What happened all the times Star spend working with him on the farm?”

“Api…”

“Didn’t that mean anything? She works her plot off every time she’s over there, fainting even most of the times. Then just one time. He makes one delivery, for June and that blue mare swoops in to steal his first kiss. If anyone deserves my cousin’s first kiss, it’s Starburst!”

“I was just asking about the box.” Echo sighed, knowing Api was probably too busy ranting to hear her.

“Although… Candy does come by the farm to help out from time to time. And she does know how to have fun. But she probably be a disaster for Del’s cooking career. I don’t know. Starburst seems to be the better choice for adventures…I mean Del. Ouch!”

“We’re here.” Echo had given Api a gentle but firm nudge to snap her back into reality.

They had arrived at the purple front door of the Carousel Boutique. The clothes store had gone through many changes over the years since Rarity was still a bachelorette. Some of the changes were expansions necessary to accommodate a fully grown dragon and two smaller half-pony, half-dragon hybrids. There was also a small extension to the side, a jewellery shop called Hearthfire Jewellery but it was closed for the day.

After giving the boutique’s door a few polite knocks, they were greeted by a huge green being with turquoise eyes. It stood three times taller than the pair of fillies, having claws instead of hoofs and also sporting a massive pair of dragon wings on it back that matched its size.

“Hi, T!” Api and Echo chimed delightfully in unison. The wide grins on their muzzles were met by a gentle smile on Turquoise Blitz’s own as he recognized the young ponies and returned their greeting.

“Are you two here for Pixel?” T ushered his two guests into the building.

“Mhm. And I brought a box of cookies for you—” A green blur flashed past Api’s head and grabbed the package on her back. A ripping sound was heard before Api and Echo realized the crunchy destruction unfolding right in front of them. The sight would have put even the most ferucious pack of Timberwolves to shame.

“—and your family,” Api sighed, shaking her head slightly. It was amazing how fast T could be when he wanted to, even with his behemoth size. T’s mellow demeanour often made his friends forget what he was capable of. T’s cookie crumble covered muzzle slowly lifted out from the box, his face ridden with guilt.

“T, darling, who was at the door? I am expecting a delivery to celebrate Sweetie Belle’s visit.” Rarity’s voice mused from upstairs.

“Gosh, sis, you didn’t have to,” a younger sweeter voice could be heard replying.

“Nonsense! I will not stand being a bad hostess by not providing decent refreshments, especially when my guest is my own sister!” Rarity’s tone carried its infamous dramatic melodies.

“Uhm…Api and Echo are here to see Pixel.” T managed to reply. His eyes were darting frantically between the two fillies, asking for help. The empty torn box had already been thrown out the door into a nearby bush.

“Yay!” Light hoofs came down the staircase running. A cream coloured filly with a moustache on her muzzle appeared. She looked at the scene before her, instantly noticing the distressed cookie culprit with his crumble covered muzzle. Numerous sets of hoofs and claws could be heard descending down the same flight of steps, making T panicked even more. Pixel turned to her two friends who only shrugged, indicating they had no idea how to help the hybrid from being busted.

The growing hoofsteps told them it was time to face the music but Pixel had not given up hope just yet. Not wanting her favourite cousin to get in trouble while she was around, Pixel ripped her moustache from her muzzle and slapped it on T’s, effectively covering the evidence of his crime. She nodded at her work and turned to meet the group of three ponies, one dragon and another hybrid.

“Hey dad, don’t you think T has what it takes to rock a moustache?” Pixel pointed a hoof at T’s new moustache. A brown stallion narrowed his eyes, processing the level of macho appearance T had achieved.


A few minutes later...


“Now look Bit, you gotta put your hoof on your chin like so.” Button Mash instructed as he struck a sideway pose of his good side.

“Like this?” Pixel did as her father said with another hoof on her haunch.

“Yeah! Then you gotta raise one eyebrow ever so slightly...” The stallion added, the filly quickly complying. “That's it! Oh you got it down too, Sweetie!”

“I learned from the best!” replied a light purple and pink maned mare on Pixel’s right. Further down the line was none other than the cookie culprit, hiding silently in plain sight. He was even right in the centre of the photoshoot line up.

“Think I can pull off this moustache now, Rarity?” A bigger purple dragon played with his own fake hair as he asked the flustered pony draped under his right wing.

“I don't care if you can pull it off! I just can't believe you got me to wear this silly thing! I'm a lady! Ladies don't wear staches!” Rarity was covering her face with both her forehoofs.

“Well, you look great in it to me!” Spike offered some comfort to the embarrassed pony under his wing.

“This is stupid,” declared the clearly unamused lavender hybrid on the far right.

“I think Prince Illusion would disagree if he somehow got a copy,” mused Api as she and Echo made some final adjustments to the camera. A bright light then flashed, capturing the moment of seven moustaches being worn, forever.

Author's Note:

This story was written for kilala's fun fact contest.
Fun Fact: Api always manages to find her older friends in awkward situations with one another. Because of this, she is the master of blackmail
Art that inspired this chapter: The 'Stache (Family Edition)
Kilala posted a lot of artwork recently which were so blackmail worthy but I especially loved Sooo..., now that would make for a nice epilogue. Hmm....
Thanks to dracone for proofreading.