• Published 4th Mar 2015
  • 2,053 Views, 140 Comments

Life in the Fast Lane - The Wasteland Brony



What happens when a famous racing circuit collides with MLP, Applejack knows

  • ...
1
 140
 2,053

Chapter 4: This thing is loud

"RARITY!!" Applejack's voice cried out loud with a look of shock and awe, due from meeting her friend in one of the most unimaginable places.

"Why Applejack, darling, it's so good to see you" replied her elegant friend.

Rarity was an alabaster white unicorn, she was the owner of Carousel Boutique and also known as the Element of Generosity and one of Applejacks best friends.

"Rarity, what in Equestria are ya doin here? Ah'd never expected ya to be at a race track! Ya know? With all the dirt and grim and what not..." Applejack bought her hoof to stifle a laugh from escaping. Rarity noticed the sly smile and quickly caught on with one of her friends jokes about her antics.

"Ha, ha, very funny Applejack. But, no darling I'm here to help make your fire suit" Rarity commented, adding a casual flip of her mane with a spare hoof.

Jeff added a agreeing nod and smile. "That's right Applejack, we've asked Rarity to help because how she basically has your measurements memorized by heart".

"A'he guess that makes sense...A'right let's do it!" Applejack shouted with excitement.

As Jeff began demonstrating and telling Rarity how Applejack's fire suit should be made. Applejack decided to take nice look around Jeff's RV. There were many pictures that hung on the wall. Applejack suddenly spotted a picture of a young man in a rainbow colored fire suit, in which this quickly reminded her of her best friend Rainbow Dash. The picture was slightly discolored in a yellowish hue from age. The man in the picture was holding a trophy above his head, with a smile of pure victory.

"That was his very first race that he won" said a feminine voice from behind Applejack. Her ear twitched and the amber mare slowly turned around and was met by a tall and beautiful women standing behind her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for startling you dear. My name is Ingrid Vandebosch, I'm Jeff's wife"

"Well howdy there Ms. Vandebosch. Don't ya fret you didn't startle me. It's a pleasure to meet ya" Applejack greeted with a warm smile on her face. Great,I'm talkin' fancy now... Applejack thought to herself after saying Ingrid's last name.

"It's very nice to meet you to Applejack, and please call me Ingrid" the woman said, returning another of her kind smiles.

"And...DONE!" Rarity suddenly shouted with delight.

"Wow, that was fast!" Jeff commented on the unicorn's work with an amazed look on his face. Looking at his watch, it had only taken Rarity 10 minutes to make the suit.

"Are ya kiddin', Rarity here is the best fashion designer in all of Ponyville. Shoot, she even made five dresses for me and the others in bout' two hours" Applejack added with a proud smile that formed on her lips.

"Oh Applejack, darling, you flatter me" said Rarity, batting her eyelashes.

"Well here you go Applejack your very own fire suit" said Jeff, holding out the suit to the excited amber mare.

Applejack's jaw dropped as soon her emerald eyes fell on the lovely, detailed suit. It was a combination of black and deep crimson red, with AARP Drive to End Hunger on the front.

"Wow, A'he really like it a lot!" Applejack chirped in glee, taking it from Jeff in her hoofs.

"I also took the liberty of making your helmet as well Applejack" said Rarity as she levitated the object with her magic towards Applejack.
Applejack gladly took the helmet and studied the object in awe. It had the same color combo as the fire suit but on the back was her cutie Mark, three shining red apples that sparkled a little in the sunshine. No doubt Rarity put a few little jewels into the apples, but she didn't mind.

"Thanks a bunch Rarity!. A'he really appreciate it!" shouted Applejack, she then wrapped her hooves around her best friend and gave a nice appreciative hug.

"Oh, but of course Applejack, what are friends for" Rarity said as she returned the hug.

Jeff smiled at the display of friendship, but glanced down at his watch. It was almost nine in the morning. "Better get changed Applejack. We need to get down to the garage and get you strapped into the car so you can get accustomed to it"

"A'hm on it, be right back" said Applejack, who rushed off to the bedroom to go hurry and change.

Within two minutes later, Applejack walked out of the bedroom, the fire suit fitted perfectly around her natural curves and body. Everyone smiled and complimented on the new, racer look. But, with so very little time and so much to do. Applejack had to say goodbye to her friend and get back to where she left off. They then walked out the door and back to Jeff's garage.

When they got to the garage, Applejack saw the car for the first time. It was a Chevrolet SS that was the same color as her fire suit, with a big yellow 24 on each side and on the roof. Right above the drivers window was Applejack's signature. Across the top of the windshield, on a black bar, was her name in white block letters.

"This thing is mighty beautiful" said Applejack, staring wide eyed at the machine parked right in front of her.

"Ready to climb in?" said a sudden voice just off to the left of her.

Applejack looked towards where the voice the came from. There was a tall man standing beside her, wearing a similar fire suit to hers.

"Applejack allow me to introduce you to my crew chief, Alan Gustafson" said Jeff.

"It's nice to meet ya partner" said Applejack, shaking Alan's hand.

"Nice to meet you to Applejack. Let's get you in the car, shall we?" Said Alan, pointing to the driver side window.

Applejack walked over to the drivers window and, with a little help from Jeff, climbed into the car. Applejack didn't know why but she felt like she was already accustomed to the car. In front of her was a bunch of gauges and switches.

"This is going to take some time getting use to" Applejack thought to herself.

"Just flip that switch there to start the car" said Jeff, pointing to a red switch.

Applejack flipped the switch, and the car roared to life. Applejack could feel the adrenaline kick in and pump through her veins. Jeff leaned his head in.

"What do you think? He yelled so Applejack could hear him over the roaring engine.

"This thing is really loud. A'he love it a'ready!" Applejack yelled back with pure joy.

She could hardly contain her excitement, wanting to get started as soon as possible.

Author's Note:

Boy this story is coming along just nicely. Here's chapter 4 for y'all. I hope you like it, enjoy everypony

Once again I would like to thank ElementofDestiny for doing the proof reading on this chapter