• Published 10th Apr 2015
  • 612 Views, 8 Comments

Behind Glass - Xhadow



A human turned pegasus struggles with existance and other paradoxes whilst imprisoned at some city zoo.

  • ...
9
 8
 612

Haunting...Just Haunting.

Princess Celestia paced the room, something was on her mind, weighing heavily on her already frazzled sanity. But, what was it?

"Luna, could you take over for a while here," Celestia asks, bracing herself against the marble wall, "I need some air..."

Luna rolls her eyes and resumes the trial, it was a murder case so that at least it intrigues her. "You will have to excuse my sister Detective, she's been a little off the past few days."

Celestia dashed out the back door, refusing a guarded escort with a simple wave. She knows the guard will follow anyway, but now he'll be discrete about it.

"What is it," Celestia growls, after her fourteenth lap around the palace gardens. "Something is very wrong, but what and where? Who? Why?" The solar princess, lost herself, gazing into her reflection in the coin littered fountain. She remembered when she was a filly how she would collect the coins and give them to her father, presenting them as wishes from the ponies. Her father would always laugh and bring Celestia up to his lap and she would watch the goings on of the everyday nobility. These coins however were corroded till they resembled bits of coral stuck to the ocean floor, and the fountain's stagnant water was a favorite hangout for all kinds of buzzing parasites. These wishes belonged to her when her father laid dying, and her mother ran away, she wished so many times that she could have them back.

This has to be the first time in a thousand years the princess has visited this sacred place.

"Why am I here," she wonders, gazing around the blooming willows and rosebushes that, no doubt, concealed all six of her near-mythical, elite guards.

"Any news, Captain," Celestia asks her invisible protector, with the makings of a victorious grin.

"Nothing solid, yet , ma'am," the glowing, hooded unicorn reports, teleporting next to his beloved princess.

"There has to be something we know," Celestia denies defiantly.

"We do have a hypothesis, but before you get excited it's not going anywhere."

"What's the hypothesis, Captain?" Celestia asks through gritted teeth, his way of putting her down really wore her nerves down.

"It involves..." the Captain glances around warily, before signaling Celestia to lean closer, "...her."

Celestia sighed, she knew she had to face this problem sooner or later, "No. Write to Twilight Sparkle, I'll need her expertise. This project I'm taking up by myself Captain, nopony but me knows, understood?"

The Captain was already gone, halfway to the Ponyville library, leaving Celestia with a heavy pain in her heart and mind.

Author's Note:

Calling an audible everypony, there is an alternate story in my brain somewheres but, since Fimfiction.net doesn't have an auto save feature :twilightangry2: I have to settle for option 2....so instead of indirectly including her in a clever way and breaking his sanity directly I have to alter the timeline and... heh, you know what? I don't think you really care to know all the details :twilightblush:, besides, trade secrets and all that.

PS did ya'll notice the DW reference?