• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 1,731 Views, 52 Comments

The Operatic Angel - misskoifishpony



POTO Alternative Universe/Gender bent version of MLP. On one calm, misty, spring morning, Butterscotch first arrives at L' Opéra de Cheval as their new ballet dancer. But when he hears a mysterious, beautiful yet alluring song underneath the famous

  • ...
9
 52
 1,731

Chapitre Quatre

Author's Note:

MissKoi doesn't own MLP and Phantom of the Opera, for they belong to their respective owners and creators. MissKoi also doesn't own "The Magical Lasso" song from POTO, for it belongs to Andrew Lloyd Webber and it's other creators and owners. For some reason I love this song. It's so haunting and I love how strong and intimidating Madame Giry is in the song. The best way to tell someone off is through song;) I do suggest you listen to the song before or during this fanfic. I do have to change the lyrics slightly in this song in order for it to go with the plot. But I do not own the original lyrics. I forgot to mention in the last chapter that there will not be a female Doctor Whooves in this story. So no Dopey x Doctress Whooves. Sorry Derpy x Doctor Who fans.

Applejack pulled the one horse black carriage to the front steps of the opera house. He traveled all the way from the outer east side of Paris, which was a long distance from the opera house. However,Applejack found the trip to be worth it...for one of the passengers inside.

When Applejack stopped, with chains of sweats dripping down from his face to his neck, the carriage door opened. The first passenger to come out was a white unicorn stallion. He had elegant purple curls in his mane and tail, with crystal blue eyes. The stallion was wearing a red designer jacket with slick black boots on each hoof to protect them from the dirt and grim. He was also wearing a soft gold cashmere scarf because of the chilly morning.

The white unicorn took a deep breath in through his nose. He sighed out peacefully "Ah, at last we are here."

He look over his shoulders and proclaimed "Come Sweepy, come Barbara."

As the white stallion progressed off the carriage steps, a white unicorn colt named Sweepy Belle followed him and groaned "Coming Elusive."

The colt also had a swirly but puffy purple and pink mane and light green eyes on his small face. He struggled to go down the carriage steps due to the heavy gold saddle bags on his back,while carrying a light blue fan in his mouth. As soon as Sweepy step off the last step,he quickly joined Elusive by his side and started fanning Elusive with his magic.

The two unicorns ignored Applejack as they passed him. They didn't give him a thank you as they approached closer to the opera house, but Applejack didn't expect a thank you from Elusive. This was part of their routine with each other. Applejack was waiting for the next passenger to get out of the carriage.

A small, female, purple dragon with green spines on her head and tail came out of the carriage door. Applejack always notices in the corner of his eye her piercing, jewel-like, green eyes and her long black eyelashes. He always notices her cute little nose, and the tiny fangs sticking out of her sweet smile. However, his heart always aches when he sees the dragon carry heavy suitcases and saddlebags in her claws. He wanted to carry them for her, but Elusive and Barbara wouldn't allow it.

After Barbara slowly got off the last step, she settled the bags down to the ground. Just to give her little arms a break. Barbara noticed while slightly looking over her shoulder Applejack. He was smiling at her with his face fully towards her direction.

This made Barbara grin bright and waved excitedly at Applejack "Hi AJ!"

What Barbara didn't notice was the fact that Applejack was smiling at her without even knowing it. He was in his little daydream with her. In a world without Elusive. Just him and her...in their eternal bliss.

What snapped Applejack out of it was Barbara calling his name. He felt so embarrassed. He could already feel his face turning as red as an apple. He just hoped that Barbara doesn't notice his current blush on his face. However, Barbara is the type of gal to not notice other stallions,aka Applejack,crushing in front of her. This is due to her own crush for Elusive,her innocent naive nature, but also due to...their friendship. To Applejack,their friendship was both a blessing and a curse.

Applejack felt his heart skip a beat when she called him his AJ nickname, along with the wave in his direction. It made Applejack feel like he was important and treasured by Barbara. He shouldn't think much of this gesture,but...he couldn't help it.

He slightly stuttered while Barbara was walking towards him "H-Howdy Barbara. H-How are ya today?"

Barbara responded cheerfully "You know me. Can't complain. But I especially can't complain today because of the visitors coming today."

Applejack chuckled "I know how you feel Barb. I'm real excited too."

Barbara then pulled out from behind her back a red apple. She whispered while handing the red apple to him "Here. Red Delicious. Your favorite."

Applejack, extremely touched by Barbara's generosity, then sighed softly "Oh Barbara, well thank..."

Their conversation was soon interrupted with Elusive calling "Barbara! Are you coming darling?"

Barbara quickly diverted her attention away from Applejack, and called back with hearts in her eyes "Coming Elusive!"

She rapidly gathered all the suitcases and saddlebags in her and and ran towards Elusive. While running, she proclaimed to Applejack "See you later AJ!"

Applejack whispered sadly back while watching Barbara run into the opera house "Bye Barb."

He gave the small dragon one more look before quietly returning the carriage back to the barn.


When Butterscotch and Bluebell enter the main stage from backstage, the two ponies couldn't believe how many ponies, props, and settings could fit into one stage. Ponies flash and dash before them in their colorful and multi-fabric costumes. Each pony had something to do and they had to get it done quickly. Butterscotch and Bluebell could also hear the orchestra pit warming up. All the while, white hair old stallion conductor was reviewing his music sheets. The two siblings were in awe of all this splendor.

What brought the two ponies back into reality was the sound of Applejack's voice. "I take it that y'all like the view?"

Butterscotch looked over his shoulder and found Applejack wrapping his foreleg over his shoulders. The shy yellow Pegasus felt a little uncomfortable being this close to a stallion, due to many colts that bullied him when he was young. However, Applejack's confident smile comforted Butterscotch. In response, Butterscotch gave him a small grin.

Bluebell told Applejack with glee "It's beyond anything Baba could tell us in his stories."

Butterscotch "I agree. It's too lovely for words."

Applejack chuckled in throat "Glad that L'Opera de Cheval is meeting with your satisfaction. Anyway, your pop told me to show y'all around till he gets here."

Butterscotch asked "What's he doing? Do you know?"

Applejack answered "He's going to meet with our special guests today."

He looked side to side before whispering into their ears "I'm not suppose to spread this around, but...the opera house is getting itself some new mangers. The old manager couldn't take anymore, so he left. Without anypony knowing it! Because the Princes help fund L'Opera de Cheval, they found some new mangers to replace him. The mangers are coming to rehearsal today. AND they are accompanied the Princes' royal advisor!"

Bluebell whispered cheered "Wow! That's amazing!"

Butterscotch nervously asked "Um, how come the old manger left?"

Applejack teased him with "Some of the crew like to say it was the phantom that scared him off. The poor fella just couldn't take it anymore."

Butterscotch uttered with fear and guilt in his voice "The Phantom?"

Applejack then exclaimed "Oh there he is!"

They walked over to the ballet practice pole located on the back wall of the stage. There was a pink stallion with pink poofy hair, stretching one of his back hind legs on the pole. As soon as his leg was on the pole, he bend his back so far back that his front hooves can touch the other back hoof. Butterscotch and Bluebell were amazed by this dancers flexibility. It was like he had no bones in his body.

Applejack then told the pink stallion "Hey Bubble Berry."

Bubble Berry cheerfully responded "Hey there Applejack! How's it going up there?"

Applejack laughed "Nothing much with me, but I have some new friends I wanna introduce you to."

He pointed one of his front hooves towards Bluebell and Butterscotch, and this immediately made Bubble Berry untwist his flexible body. He let out a dramatic gasp while jumping high into the air. His poofy mane and tail extended into the sky and his jaw almost dropped all the way to the ground. His eyes were bugged out of their sockets.

Berry's dramatic display almost bumped into the skyway bridge high above the stage. There were two ponies working with the setting ropes on the skyway bridge. One was a rainbow named blue coat pegasus stallion named Rainbow Blitz. Another one was a small orange pegasus colt named Scootaroll.

When Rainbow Blitz saw Berry near the sky bridge, he shouted "Whoa! Watch it Berry!"

Scootaroll added "Yeah, watch it!"

After Bubble Berry floated back to the ground, Rainbow asked Scootaroll "Hey Scoots, could you go to stage left and pull up rope five?"

Scootaroll saluted and responded with "Sure thing Blitz!"

Butterscotch and Bluebell stared at the recently landed and cheerfully smiling Bubble Berry. Was this pony scared of new ponies? Did this pony just being funny and dramatic? Or was this pony just plain looney?

Bubble Berry took in deep breath before dancing and singing with great gutso,
Welcome, Welcome
To L'Opera de Cheval today!
Welcome,Welcome
We like to sing all day!
We're horse famous
From Manehattan to Duval
Welcome new friends
To L'Opera de Cheval!

The end of Berry's performance was meet with awkward stares and silence from Bluebell and Butterscotch. However, this didn't waiver the pink stallion's enthusiasm. He took each of their hooves and shook them rapidly.

He quickly said while shaking their hooves "Hi! My name is Bubble Berry! Bubble as in bubble baths. And Berry as in Berry's rock farms. Are you excited?! I'm excited! I've never been so excited! Well, except a couple minutes ago when I first met ya! But over than that, it's so super trooper to have some new friends for the ballet team!"

Once Berry finished in his long and powerful hoof shakes, Butterscotch and Bluebell gave their new friend wide yet sweet grins. Awhile, massaging their new sore hooves.

Applejack let out a hearty laugh while wrapping one of his forelegs around Berry's shoulders, "Bubble Berry here is the nicest and all the around the best ballet dancer y'all can know around here. Stick him and he'll show ya the ropes."

"Did somepony say ropes?"

All the ponies looked up and saw Rainbow Blitz sliding down a rope before them. While carrying Scootaroll on his back.

Once they landed gracefully and stylishly on the ground, Rainbow remarked "The only pony that knows the ins and outs of this opera house is me."

Scootaroll added "And me too! Right Blitz?"

Rainbow responded while giving him a play noggie, "That's right Scoots, you too."

Applejack then said "And this here is Rainbow Blitz and Scootaroll. They're in charge of backstage and placement of settings."

Both Blitz and Scoots responded with a smooth yet cool "What's up?"

Butterscotch and Bluebell both said "Hello."

Applejack then said to Rainbow "Showing off as usual Rainbow?"

Rainbow smirked "Not showing off, just being awesome as I wanna be."

Scootaroll asked Butterscotch and Blubell "So, who are you guys? Are you guys the new mangers?"

Bluebell answered "Oh no, we're not the new mangers. We're the new ballet dancers. I'm Bluebell. And this is Butterscotch."

Butterscotch gave them a shy and small wave.

Rainbow Blitz remarked with "Oh. So you're Zircoro's kids, huh?"

Bubble Berry added "Mhmmm. I love butterscotch candy. You're so lucky in having a yummy piece of candy as your name. Is butterscotch your favorite kind of candy?"

Butterscotch answered shyly "Well actually, caramel is my favorite kind of candy."

Rainbow interrupted with "Isn't butterscotch and caramel pretty much the same thing?"

Berry exclaimed "Are you kidding?! They are not the same thing! Butterscotch and caramel are two completely different things!"

Butterscotch and Bluebell giggled at Bubble Berry's explanation. It was then Butterscotch noticed something wonderfully unusual in the corner of his eye. He turned his head...his face brightened...he never thought in his whole life would he see this.

"Oh my goodness!"

He ran past Bluebell and the group of his new friends. He galloped towards Barbara and halted right before her face.

He cooed "Oh, I've never seen a baby dragon before. She's soooo cute!"

Barbara was speak less. She felt extremely uncomfortable by the sudden appearance and cooing by this new stallion. She also felt embarrassed, "Um?"

Butterscotch's vision of Barbara was soon blocked by Elusive's death glare. His death glare made poor Butterscotch back away in fear.

Elusive harshly scolded Butterscotch "No pony can tell my Barbara she's cute except for me."

Barbara sighed out lovingly with her claws placed over her chest, "Elusive..."

Applejack stepped in and placed himself between Elusive and Butterscotch. He gave Elusive a death glare right back at him. Applejack barked "Leave him be Elusive! He's new, he didn't know any better."

Elusive responded with "Hmph! What's your name pegasus?"

Butterscotch was shaking in his knees, with Bluebell standing by his side to support him. Butterscotch felt like he couldn't breathe...all the ponies on stage were staring at him...his worst fear playing out before him. His response to Elusive's question was a scared whimper.

Elusive demanded "For Artemis's sake! What is your name pegasus?!"

Applejack interrupted with "His name is Butterscotch. He's Zircoro's son. So you better back off before Zircoro comes around...seeing you bullying his boy."

Barbara whispered while gazing at Applejack "Applejack..."

Elusive and Applejack were frozen in their deadly glare match with each other. Every pony was silent, waiting for either Elusive or Applejack to make the next move.

Elusive lifted his muzzle high in the air and turned away from Applejack. He huffed "You got lucky this time...Butterscotch...stay out of my way! Let's go!"

While Elusive walked towards the other side of the stage, Sweepy fanned Elusive's face. Barbara gave one last sad look at Applejack before following Elusive. Applejack took a small step forward, with a desperate look on his face, as if he wanted to follow Barbara. But he knew he couldn't do it here...not now.

As Bluebell was helping Butterscotch up, she asked with disdain in her voice "Who's the jerkface?"

Rainbow Blitz answered "That's L'Opera's 'Primadonna', Elusive. Every pony follows his whim in order to avoid...well...that. The guy is such a drama queen that he forces his own brother to be his servant."

Butterscotch quietly asked, while still getting over shock, "Is the little dragon his friend?"

Applejack commented without really hearing himself "Friend...servant...pet... who knows."

Butterscotch was the only to notice the sadness and disappointment in Applejack's voice. He was about to ask his new friend if he was alright, but he was interrupted by his father approaching the stage.

As soon as Zircoro got on the stage, he proclaimed "Attention stallions and mares on the stage! Let me present our new managers, here to lead and amaze."

After Zircoro's introduction, two mares popped out from behind the zebra. The two mares appeared to be twin unicorns. They had light yellow coats with long, red and white, striped manes. They were wearing blue and white striped vests with matching straw hats.

The one with the edgier looking mane started singing,
I'm Shiimmm

Then her sister with the curlier looking mane joined in with,
I'm Shaaammm

As soon as they finished their musical note together, they both joyously exclaimed "We're The Shim Sham Sisters!"

They flipped over Zircoro and landed in perfect splits before their employees. They present the ponies with charming and innocent smiles, however they recieved the sound of one pony clapping for them. And this pony was Bubble Berry.

He cheers while clapping for Shim and Sham "Woohoo, great show! Finally! We get some mangers with musicality."

Zircoro clears his throat into his front hoof, then proceeds with "May I also present the Princes' Royal Advisor, Dusk Shine. Make him feel welcome and be kind."

Dusk Shine then walked up and joined Zircoro on stage. He was a purple unicorn with a choppy pink and dark purple mane. He had twilight purple eyes, which was complimented by his dark blue and gold jacket. The jacket had the symbol of the princes' cutie marks on his upper pocket to show his position within court.

He smiled while graciously stating "Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

Dusk Shine knew the reason why he was there was because he had to keep an eye on The Shim Sham Sisters. By order of the Prince Solaris. Even though Shim Sham Sisters are good nature mares with success in this new apple cider business, The Sisters also had greedy and con-men tendencies. Dusk Shine was always happy in carrying out Prince Solaris's orders. He felt honored in taking this mission dealing with the Princes' favorite opera house. However, Dusk Shine couldn't help but be feel like his position dealt with issues closer to the Princes. Not the arts. Dusk Shine had nothing against the arts. But he was the royal advisor, not an opera house manger.

Elusive quickly walked over to the new mangers and Dusk Shine,with Sweepy and Barbara following right behind them. He slicked his mane back slightly,cocked his invisible eyebrow seductively, and gave them a beautiful but fake smile.

He remarked confidently "Well how do you do? Enchanté. My name is Elusive. And let me just say that it's..."

WHAM!

Elusive was pulverized by one of the setting panels closest to the orchestra pit. The slightly heavy panel hit in the middle of Elusive's back. However, this didn't make the white unicorn pass out. He struggled ferociously under the panel. He was trying to figure out what was on top of him,while calling out for assistance. Sweepy and Belle awhile were struggling to get the setting off Elusive.

All of sudden,a grey bucket gracefully flew from high above the stage and landed on top of Elusive's head. Out of the bucket, white slightly gooey and thick substance oozed all over Elusive's mane. Feeling the strange substance drip all over his face made Elusive scream like a little filly.

Everypony on stage were fighting to contain their laughter at Elusive's expense. If they helped,Elusive wouldn't be in this funny position anymore. The Shim Sham Sisters, Dusk Shine,and Zircoro helped Sweepy and Barbara remove the heavy object off Elusive.

When Elusive stood up,his face was fuming red underneath the metal bucket still on his head. The bucket and the white substance covered Elusive's eyes and nose.

Bubble Berry went over to Elusive with an inquisitive look on his face. Berry examined the angry yet sticky unicorn all around, like he was Sherlock Horse. He looked closely at the white goo dripping from Elusive's bucket. He sniffed it first before licking Elusive's cheek. This lick made Elusive jump in shock and gag in disgust.

Bubble Berry licked his lips, then happily concluded "Yummy! Marzipan."

This whole incident made all the ponies on stage burst out laughing, they couldn't hold it in any longer. Tears of joy were coming from their eyes. The only ones that were not laughing were Dusk Shine, Zircoro, Sweepy Belle, Barbara, and Butterscotch.

Butterscotch looked up to the rafters up above the stage...nothing but darkness and shadows.

Elusive aggressively took the bucket off his head and threw it off stage. Steam was flaring from his nostrils,his crystal blue eyes were now red. Sweepy used a towel to wipe off the marzipan from his face and mane, but this didn't calm down the Primadonna.

Elusive shouted "That's it! I can't take anymore of this! Do you hear me Phantom?! I can't take it!"

Dusk Shine asked "Phantom? Who is this Phantom? Does he work here at the opera?"

Elusive loudly responded with "It's a she actually. And no, she doesn't work here! She's the no good, over bearing, low life, scum of a ghost that lives in the shadows of the opera house!"

Dusk Shine retorts "No offense Monsieur Elusive, but there is no such thing as ghosts or phantoms. There's no scientific proof of their existence."

Rainbow Blitz casually adds in "Oh she's real alright. She's as real as you and me. And her power is as real and as deadly as dark magic itself."

Rainbow Blitz slowly walked towards the middle of the stage, and positioned himself into a crouched cat-like position. He had a cocky smirk on his face, preparing for his story telling moment.

He darkly proclaimed to his audience "Dark grey stone is her skin. A great black hole served as the nose that never grew. Yellow gold eyes that pierce through the shadows. You must always be on your guard...or she will...turn you into stone!"

Blitz's last statement terrified the ponies on stage and made some of them gasp in fear. This made the rainbow pegasus laugh in his accomplishment.

The crowd parted for Zircoro. He slowly approached Rainbow Blitz. The blue stallion was unaware of the zebra's presence until...he started to sing in a haunting tone,
Those who speak
Of what they know
Find, too late, that prudent
Silence is wise.
Rainbow Blitz
Hold your tongue!
She will freeze you with the
Ice in her eyes!

Zircoro stared Rainbow down. Zircoro's glare made the cocky stallion crouch all the way to the ground,with his head almost bowing to Zircoro.

Blitz nervously remarked "Relax Zircoro, I was just kidding around."

Zircoro responded seriously "But the Phantom never kids. With your life, you would promise to never bid."

Dusk Shine says "Oh Monsieur Zircoro, please don't tell me you believe in this ghost too."

Zircoro answers "I don't just believe, I see...I see her."

Butterscotch gasped quietly. His father knows Eris?! But how? And why? Why he didn't he tell them?

Dusk Shine responds "Wait? Y-You've met her?"

Zircoro pulls out an envelope with a gold pony skull wax seal and presents it to Dusk Shine and The Shim Sham Sisters. They eyed the mysterious envelope with deep curiosity and wonder.

Zircoro then tells them "The Opera Ghost welcomes you all ...to her opera. She looks forward to what her new mangers have to install."

Shim exclaims "Her opera?!"

Sham adds in the same tone "Her new mangers?!"

Dusk Shine quickly opens the envelope,and scans all the letter with great precision and speed. He immediately noticed at the bottom of the letter,there was a signature. It said O.G.

But Dusk Shine also noticed another important yet daunting detail, "She...She wants 10,000 bits..."

The Shim Sham Sisters both shouted "WHAT?!"

Dusk Shine continues without really hearing the twin sisters, his eyes still glued to the letter, "She wants 10,000 bits...every month."

"Let me see it!" The Shim Sham Sisters both yelled. They both harshly grabbed the letter from Dusk Shine and closely examined it.

Zircoro explained "As you can see, all mangers...even the old manger...pay this monthly fee. Or else."

Shim turned away from the letter and barked at Zircoro "There is no way that we're paying 10,000 bits!"

Sham continued Shim's statement with "Not for any pony or for any ghost!"

Shim finished it with "Especially for a 'phantom' that does nothing more than torment and scare others!"

Elusive proclaimed "Then what are you going to do then? Get rid of it once and for all?! I suggest you do it soon or I'll be leaving!"

He lifted his face high in the air and retreated back to his dressing room, with his little brother and his little dragon by his side.

Dusk Shine then conversed with Zircoro "Zircoro...if you know this 'phantom', then please reason with her. There has to be a way to solve all this...without bowing down to the demands of a 'ghostly' dictator."

Zircoro was silent. He turned his gaze away from Dusk Shine.

This encouraged the purple unicorn to say "The Princes and I can help Zircoro. Please."

Zircoro responded solemnly "L'Opera de Cheval...and O.G...will always stand through it all."

Dusk Shine slightly backed away from Zircoro with a surprised yet grave expression on his face. Even though he still believed that this phantom was a living mortal pony, he also had a feeling that this ghost pony had great magical power. Why else would Zircoro be so afraid of her? Why else would all these ponies be scared of her too? Dusk Shine also had another mission during his visit...to investigate.

Zircoro walked towards the new mangers and explained in a deep tone "Keep box seat one open, or more shall happen."

He gave them one last look before gently head back towards the dressing rooms. Everypony was quiet...and all eyes were on Zircoro, Dusk Shine, and the Shim Sham Sisters. All were pondering on what will happen next.

Bluebell and Butterscotch followed their Baba to the dressing rooms. However, Zircoro stopped them when they reached a small male dressing room door. Zircoro comforted them with "I'm alright truly. I just...need some time to calm these thoughts that are unruly."

He slowly went in and closed the door behind him.

Bluebell was the first to say while staring at the door, "I just...I can't believe that he didn't tell us."

Butterscotch answered "I...I know what you mean. But...if he told us, we would always worry. We would have seek the phantom and..."

Bluebell finished his thought, "and got hurt."

Butterscotch wasn't thinking about that, but he knew he should have finished his statement with that. Even though, he didn't believe that Eris would hurt them.

There was a soft moment of silence before Butterscotch mentions to Bluebell, "Um Bluebell? I think...I'm going to the sanctuary. Before heading back up. Is that okay?"

Bluebell answers "Yeah, sure. It's okay. I'll see you later." She leaves him with a sweet sisterly smile before heading towards the staircase leading to their bedrooms.

Once Bluebell was out of sight, Butterscotch quickly runs to the sanctuary room. However, his gallop was light and smooth so that way no pony could hear rushing through the theatre. He followed Eris's directions and found the room old stone room.

It almost looked like a cave to Butterscotch. The entrance and the room was round and circular. The sanctuary was filled with aging and deeply melted candles. The candles' flames still lit bright and their glow felt holy...magical...and warm. There was stain glass windows on the left and right walls. But the main focus of the room was the altar painting.

It was a chipped, dignified, ancient, beautiful, brown and hold portrait of The Two Royal brothers. Two candles on each side of the painting to signify the importance of the altar. Butterscotch noticed a small brown bench before the altar...and it had pieces of parchment and a writing quill. Butterscotch wondered if Eris left these for him.

He quickly wrote down,
Dear Eris,
Can we meet this afternoon? Please respond ASAP.
Sincerely,
Butterscotch

He let the ink dry and settle in first before folding the parchment in three folds. He found a small crack between the stones in the wall next the altar painting. He stick the letter right through.