• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 1,731 Views, 52 Comments

The Operatic Angel - misskoifishpony



POTO Alternative Universe/Gender bent version of MLP. On one calm, misty, spring morning, Butterscotch first arrives at L' Opéra de Cheval as their new ballet dancer. But when he hears a mysterious, beautiful yet alluring song underneath the famous

  • ...
9
 52
 1,731

Chapitre Treize

Chapitre Treize

Eris offered to walk Butterscotch back to the sanctuary. She figured that his lesson was over for today, but more importantly...she felt like he was ready. He was ready to become the lead for the upcoming opera. She told him of the great news, however he didn't react in the way she wanted him to.

"I can't do it Eris."

The vast narrow tunnel filled with armor of pony knights carrying spears and torches. This place use to give Butterscotch fear, but now...his mind was filled with something far worse than spooky hallow figures in a hallway.

"But darling, you can do it. You just needs a little confidence in your stage presence. That's all."

"That's all?!" Butterscotch exclaimed, "Eris!"

Eris soothed him, "Please Butterscotch, you must have faith in your voice. If you don't, your talent will be hiding in the dark forever."

Butterscotch mumbled sadly "But...what if...?"

Eris whispered softly "Sweetie. If you keep asking what if...then you'll never take action and find out for yourself."

Butterscotch reflected in his silence. During these three weeks, Eris has been praising him on his voice. Even when his voice cracked, she would a way to solve the problem and bring beauty to his singing once more. He wondered...was she just saying that because of her feelings for him?

He looked over at Eris,who wore her cape but not her mask on their little stroll. He asked out loud, while he still had the nerve "Do you believe in my voice because it's good...or because of your affection for me?"

Eris stopped dead in her tracks. Her face expressed the deep hurt spreading to her body. How could he say that? Butterscotch saw this in the corner of his eye, and stopped to comfort Eris. He carefully reached his front hoof towards her...and she grabbed it immediately. This made Butterscotch blush instantly.

Finally, after an eternity of waiting for her response, Eris muttered with great sincerity "My dearest...your voice is not defined by my praises. Your voice...is worthy of the presence of the Angel of Music."

Butterscotch's eyes widen. He quickly asked "Wait, you've heard of the Angel of Music?!"

Eris continued in the same tone she started with "Of course I have. She gave me hope in my darkest hour."

Butterscotch whispered "You've seen her?"

Eris nodded and explained "Yes...and she was beautiful. She came to me...in the sanctuary...told me to fix Bebe...and make beautiful music in the opera...for the opera house was my new home."

Eris squeezed Butterscotch's hoof tighter. This brought the pegasus closer to her. He could feel the warmth in her claws and in her breath. Eris broke the silence with "Have you ever seen her?"

Butterscotch answered "Well...not in the real world. Only in my dreams."

Eris then pleaded to him "Then sing Butterscotch. Sing so that the Angel of Music can visit you and bask in your glory."

Butterscotch finally understood Eris's sincerity. He may be confused on many things, but music...was the one thing that still remained the same. He felt foolish in letting his confusing feelings for her get in the way of their friendship. He couldn't hurt her after doing so much for him.

All he needed now was a moment to breath and relax from...all that happened this morning. It wasn't a bad experience...it was just sooo...stimulating. Too stimulating for his heart to bear.

He quickly shook off his recent memories and proclaimed to Eris "Well, I guess...it wouldn't hurt to just try out."

Eris released her grip on Butterscotch's hoof and cheered "Yipee! Look out Elusive, Butterscotch is coming to town!"

Butterscotch laughed at Eris's comment, knowing just how much she disapproved of his attitude and his singing. Then, they continued down the hallway to reach the sanctuary.

Once they got to the tall door at the end of the hallway, Eris lightly placed her lion paw on the door's surface. As soon as her paw made contact with it, the door transformed into a mirror. It ripped underneath her touch like water.

The mirror door was a special kind of mirror. The ponies inside the sanctuary can see inside the sanctuary, but the ponies in the sanctuary can't see the ponies in the hallway. A creation specifically designed by Eris.

The Phantom and Butterscotch looked through and saw Bluebell sleeping in a small huddle near the altar. Probably freezing in the cold prayer room.

Butterscotch exclaimed "Bluebell?"

Eris stated soon after "My my, isn't she persistent?"

Butterscotch then pondered out loud "You think that...she knows?"

Eris scoffed "Of course not! But, she is getting suspicious. Make sure to give her a good lie this time."

Butterscotch then nervously replied "I'm actually running out of lies to tell her. Oh, it's so hard to be a liar with Bluebell."

Eris confidently confides him with "Not to worry,I have a Plan B. I can just poof you and Bluebell in her room and you can try to convince her that her morning journey to the sanctuary was a dream."

Butterscotch uttered "I guess...that's a sound plan."

Eris smiles at Butterscotch and sneaks in a quick peck on his soft yellow cheek. This catches the shy pegasus off guard and jump in the opposite direction. His flushed face faced the giggling draconequus.

Eris squeaked in the middle of her giggles "Sorry dearest, but I couldn't resist."

Her small peck on his cheek was so warm and fiery...just like their first kiss.

Stop thinking about it! He mentally kicked himself.

He wondered why Eris was so calm and collected after their incident this morning. Was it because she started it? Was it because of her desire for him? Her desire...was so overwhelming...so crazy...it made him sweat profusely to just think about it. How was he suppose to feel in this situation?

Butterscotch calmed himself before approaching Eris again. She grinned at him, showing all her pearly fangs before bringing her face towards Butterscotch's. She happily flicks her index claw against his forehead and poofs him to Bluebell's room. Her magic in that moment also poofs Bluebell away from the sanctuary.

Eris let out a romantic sigh when her beloved Butterscotch left. She placed her talon gently over her beating chest. The morning...was like a beautiful dream to her. His touch still lingered in her arms, in her paws, and on her cheeks. That feeling of his lips were still fresh on her lips. She wished that his touches and kisses could last for the rest of the day. Maybe she will search for a spell to do so...

She closed her eyes and drifted down the hallway. While the draconequus floats down the hallway in her loving fantasy, white roses began to bloom behind her in a trail. The roses looked as if they just opened on the first day of spring. Dew drops were sprinkled on their petals. Light green thorns and ivy also followed the trail of roses. Eris was unaware of this gorgeous trail behind her.


Bluebell...

A faint, kind, yet familiar voice called the white unicorn from her dreams.

She slowly opened her blue baby eyes and saw Butterscotch...warmly staring at her from the side of her bed. She loved waking up to his face in the morning. It's been so long since he had greeted her in the morning. Usually, he's so busy.

Butterscotch sweetly greeted with a smile on his face, "Good morning."

Bluebell yawned with a smile on her face, "Good morning." Then, she stretched out her forelegs behind her along with stretching out her neck.

Butterscotch quietly asked "How did you sleep?"

Bluebell answered peacefully "Oh good." She scanned the room,and noticed that the female ballet dancers were still asleep. This was very risky for Butterscotch to come into the room at this hour.

But this made Bluebell curious, and she asked him "What are you doing here?"

Butterscotch happily answered without hesitation "It's been awhile since we've really seen each other. I miss talking to you and hanging with you."

Bluebell blushed slightly and she softly responded "Really? Because I did too."

Butterscotch grinned at Bluebell, unaware of the light pink shade on her cheeks.

Author's Note:

Author's Note: MissKoi doesn't own MLP and POTO, for they belong to their respective owners and creators. How was the sweet but short chapter? Next chapter will be up next Friday.