• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 2,339 Views, 35 Comments

The Marriage of Heaven and Earth - RoyalBardofCanterlot



How did Pinkie and Dash fall in love anyway?

  • ...
15
 35
 2,339

Shut Up and Let me Take Care of You!

The Marriage of Heaven and Earth

Rainbow Dash used to think if she relied on others it could only make her weak. That was before she met Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie whose laugh always brought joy to her heart. Pinkie Pie who always cheered for her, no matter how badly she had just screwed up a move. Sometimes Dash’s wings would give out and she would collapse to the earth, thirsty and exhausted. When that happened Pinkie was always there to bring her a glass of water and a cupcake. To Dash, love meant loyalty and loyalty was something she took seriously. Currently, she was holding the pink pony’s mane back while she vomited.

“Oh, Gods…” Pinkie moaned. She had come down with a bad case of stomach poisoning. She wasn't sure how she’d gotten it, but she suspected the vending machine egg salad sandwich may have played a role. Her tummy had started hurting immediately after eating it at the Manehattan Party Planner’s Convention. Dash helped her up and wiped the vomit from around her lips. After Pinkie brushed her teeth she leaned on the pegasus’ shoulder as Dash led her to the bed. She got into bed with her and held her in her wings.

If somepony had told me a year ago that I’d be spending a Saturday wiping vomit from somepony’s face I’d have laughed at them.

Pinkie nestled into Dash’s chest.

But Pinkie’s not just anypony.

“Your wing is like the most comfortable blanket ever.” Pinkie said as she wrapped her hooves around Dash’s middle. “I wish I had wings so I could wrap you up in mine.”

Dash kissed the top of her forehead. “Your hooves are good enough for hugs. Your tummy feeling better?”

“A little bit. It still feels kinda icky.”

“Yeah, no more vending machine egg salad sandwiches for you.”

Pinkie nodded then began ruffling Dash’s feathers with her muzzle. Dash moaned as she felt pleasurable tingles go through her body. Pinkie continued to gently brush Dash’s feathers with her mouth. She took the broken feathers softly between her teeth and pulled them out. Dash melted into a happy daze as Pinkie preened her.

“You’ve done this before.” Dash noted, slightly jealous of whatever lucky pegasus had also gotten a preening from her.

Pinkie placed one of Dash’s old feathers in a pile. “For Pound Cake, yeah.”

She went back to slowly brushing her muzzle through Dash’s wings, falling into a gentle rhythm, straightening any out of place feathers

and softly pulling out the broken ones. Dash sighed in contentment. While she and Fluttershy preened each other and it was deeply pleasant,

nothing compared to a preening from one’s special somepony. Pinkie finished with a few more brushes through Dash’s wings. She was now

practically on top of Dash. Dash wrapped her wings around her and pulled her into a kiss. Pinkie nuzzled into her neck.

“Thanks for being here, Dashie.”

“You’ve been here for me too many times to count. I wanted to return the favor.” Dash said, stroking her mane.

“But, weren’t you going to a Wonderbolts show today?”

Dash frowned. “That was before I found out you were sick.” Pinkie had long ago been promoted to “more important than the Wonderbolts” in Dash’s list of priorities right below “defending Equestria.”

Pinkie frowned. Dash thought it didn't look right on her face. “You haven’t left my side in three days, you silly filly. I’ll be fine.”

“I’d never leave you hanging, Pinkie.”

“But you won’t be. I’ll be fine. I want you to go and be happy!”

“I’m happy right here with you.”

“Yeah, but you love the Wonderbolts. Are you sure you want to miss it?”

“Yes, Pinkie. I’m sure.”

“And you’re not going to start resenting me and that resentment isn't going to fester into hatred and you’re not going to end up hating me and leave me forever?”

“No, Pinkie. That’s not going to happen.” Dash said, giving her a reassuring nuzzle.

“I’d still feel better if you went.”

“Wait, are we actually going to argue about this?” Dash asked in disbelief. “I’m staying here to take care of you and that’s final, Missy.”

Pinkie always loved when Dash went into caregiver mode, but this was too far. “Look, Dash. The Wonderbolts make you happy, right?”

Dash pressed a hoof to Pinkie’s lips. “You make me happy.”

Pinkie shivered as she stared into the eyes of her lover. “You want to make me happy, right?”

“I’d do anything to make you happy.” Dash replied.

“So, you’d make me happy if you went to the Wonderbolts show!”

“And you’d make me happy if you shut up and let me take care of you!”

Pinkie sniffled.

Ah, crud. Dash winced, then placed a hoof on Pinkie’s cheek. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled at you.”

“It’s okay.”

“It’s really not.”

Pinkie looked like she was going to say something more, but then her face turned green. She quickly jumped from Dash’s chest and galloped to the bathroom. Dash flew in after her and held her mane back while she vomited the rest of the contents of her stomach.

“You need water?” Dash asked. It’d been a while since she last drank.

“That’d be nice.” Pinkie responded. While she brushed her teeth Dash got her a glass of water. She held it to Pinkie’s lips. Pinkie rolled her eyes and took it into her own hooves before gulping it down. Dash helped her back to the bed and got in beside her. She had taken a cloth from the bathroom and used it to wipe the vomit away from her lips. She gently wiped each side. When she was done she wrapped her wings around her.

“I’m not going to convince you to leave am I?”

“A herd of wild minotaurs couldn’t drag me away from you.”

“No wonder you’re the element of loyalty.” She smiled. “I’m going to have to throw you a most loyal marefriend ever party!”

Dash tickled her tummy eliciting giggles from the pink earth mare. “Not until you start feeling better.”

Pinkie smiled and nestled her head into Dash’s chest. Dash kissed her forehead. As Celestia’s sun set below the green and fruitful hills of the magical land of Equestria a loyal pegasus and an earth pony with a tummy ache snuggled into each other beneath a shared blanket.