• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 442 Views, 10 Comments

The Shadow King's Rose - A Belle-ish Snow White



King Sombra was not destroyed. He was merely stripped of his power. Now, he will be rehabilitated by Fluttershy's cousin, Roseheart Moon. What will the ex-villain do when he develops feelings for this mare?

  • ...
4
 10
 442

Powerless

Princess Celestia and her younger sister, Luna, watched as a beam of rainbow colored light shone across the sky. They crossed their horns and smiled at each other, knowing that King Sombra had finally been put to an end. Then, Luna glanced back at the sky. "Wait. Sister, look!" She pointed her hoof at the light, which had turned from rainbow to grey and green.

"We should hurry there. There may be trouble." Celestia's horn glowed as she teleported her sister and herself to the Crystal Empire to see what was happening.

The Mane 6, Cadence, and Shining Armor turned around when the 2 princesses arrived. "Princess Celestia! Princess Luna!" Twilight gasped.

"What are you 2 doing here?" Shining Armor asked. The princesses looked around nervously until they saw a faint stream of light heading into the distance.

"Follow us! Quickly!" Luna told the other ponies as she and her sister flew off in that direction.

King Sombra couldn't believe it. How had he been defeated so easily? And, by that little pony princess and her puny dragon?! He felt the power in him draining with every passing second. The stallion was, at the moment, in a state of unconsciousness. The blast from Princess Cadence's magic had caused him to black out from pain and exhaustion.

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, and the Mane 6 had made it over just in time to see Sombra slump over as he passed out. They noticed how his appearance changed as he slept. Just before he closed his eyes, where that should have been green had faded to black. His crown fell off of his head, along with his armor.

"Look! Look!" Pinkie Pie shouted, pointing at King Sombra's flank. "He has a cutie mark! I didn't see one before!"

Indeed, a cutie mark was upon Sombra's flank. It was a black heart, which looked like it was bleeding... or, melting. Princess Celestia looked over at her sister, who nodded at her. She then turned to the Mane 6. "Girls, my sister and I are going to need your help with something."

The mares nodded, though they wondered what they would be needed for. Princess Celestia used a beam of magic to chain up Sombra as she and Luna teleported everyone back to Canterlot. She quickly teleported Sombra into a prison cell, heavily guarded, so he couldn't escape.

In the throne room, Celestia and Luna had a meeting with the Mane Six. "Luna and I have decided to give Sombra a chance at redemption."

"WHAT?!" All 6 mares asked at once.

"But, he nearly destroyed all of the crystal ponies! H-he nearly killed Cadence!" Twilight said angrily. She wasn't about to let Sombra get away with that!

"I understand your surprise and anger, Twilight Sparkle, but Sombra is powerless now." Luna explained. "He cannot use magic or even his own brute strength to harm anypony."

Celestia added on, "Which is why we need you all to find somepony willing to help reform him, and show him how to care for others."

Twilight sighed and nodded. "Even if I don't really like it... we'll try, Princess Celestia." she turned to her friends. "What do you girls say?"

They all responded in the affirmative. Twilight smiled at them, then turned back to the princesses. "When will we need to find this pony for you?"

Princess Luna looked at her sister, then at Twilight. "Before 2 days time. Hopefully, that is enough time."

Rainbow Dash interjected. "Oh, no problem! We could probably find somepony by tomorrow!" The other 5 cut her a look. She always had to be so overconfident.

"Please, don't feel compelled to rush. This pony must be patient and understanding. Once you find this pony, bring them with you back here." Princess Celestia said.

The Mane 6 traveled back to Ponyville, all the while counting down the list of ponies they knew that could be Sombra's teacher. While the others mentioned the many ponies they knew, Fluttershy continued to whisper, "I think I know somepony..."

"Hey, what about Cherilee? She is a teacher, after all." Applejack suggested.

"I, um... I think I know somepon-"

Twilight tapped her chin. "Maybe... No, that wouldn't work. What about her students?"

"I think I kno-"

"Well, surely, there must be somepony who could help us!" Rarity said, slouching back a little in frustration. "There must be a million ponies in all of Equestria who are patient and understanding."

"AHEM!!!!" Everypony turned toward Fluttershy, surprised. She shrank back a bit, but then straightened up. "I believe I know somepony who could help us."

"Who is it, Fluttershy?" Spike asked.

"My cousin." Fluttershy said. "We can go to Cloudsdale to see her and ask if she'll do it." The others nodded in agreement and made plans to go to Cloudsdale.

Meanwhile, a certain shadow stallion was sitting in a dark, cold dungeon, grumbling and complaining about his defeat. Sombra looked around and saw a high window with bars around it. The moonlight shone in through it, giving him some source of light.

"I can't believe this..." he grumbled, trying to get comfortable on the little bed of hay he had. He knew that his powers were gone, so he would be in here for a while. He didn't even bother trying to use basic unicorn magic to try and break out. He was too weak from the magic of the Crystal Heart.

Sombra sighed angrily as he looked up at the night sky. Though he hated to give either of the princesses any compliments, Princess Luna did her job well. The night stars and the moon were beautifully arranged, he even saw a few shooting stars fly by. As Sombra drifted off to sleep, he wondered what would become of him in the days to come.