• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 1,169 Views, 29 Comments

Childhood Sweethearts - Ribe_FireRain



You, Cerulean Blaze, have found a place in your heart for one of your dear friends. Question is, ''does she have the same emotion in her heart to share?''.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,169

A Cold Night

You and Scootaloo were on route to your house after the get-together you and your friends shared at Sugarcube Corner. The moon was creeping out from behind the mountains towering over Ponyville and slowly sliding it's way along in the starry night sky to reach its peak above Equestria, the brilliant, white light illuminating the streets below like heaven's gate opening.

Very few town occupants were out at this time and shops and sales stands were being closed down for the night. Trotting slowly beside you, Scootaloo kept her gaze averted from your own and had her head turned away from you. You wanted to say something to her, but simply couldn't find the words for said something.

The silence was awkward and you felt a little uncomfortable. Something in the back of your mind nibbled away at your brain and you mentally scratched at it, unable to get it to stop. Behind closed lips, you gritted your teeth. With all of your attention being focused on the endless nibbling in your head causing you to feel irritated, you barely even had any time to react before you walked directly into the front door of your house, knocking you flat on your back with blunt force, kicking up dust.

Scootaloo tried suppressing a giggle behind her hoof, that cute smile of hers that made your heart melt visible from behind it. You rolled your eyes at her and a blush burned at your cheeks. She offered her hoof to you and you accepted, releasing a soft grunt of both pain and annoyance.

Shaking off the force of the blow from the door, you pushed open the door to your house and invited Scootaloo inside, closing the door behind you gently, the hinges creaking as you did so.

''Mum, I'm home!'' You called out, getting no response. ''Mum?'' Trotting your way over across the living room towards the kitchen, you poked your head inside and -

''Oh, hi, Cerulean!'' The voice of your mother replied to you from her seat at the dinner table, a cup of what smelled to be chamomile flavoured tea between her hooves and across from her was another pony you couldn't recall meeting, yet she looked so familiar.

The mare across from your mother, also with a cup of chamomile tea between her hooves, had a lively, vibrant orange coat and a well-kept, pristine purple mane and her eyes were a heavenly shade of blue, almost similar to your own but more in the way of sky blue. Noticing her cutie mark from her sat down position, you could see that it consisted of a purple blaze, positioned behind a heart of a darker shade of purple.

The other mare smiled sweetly down at you, that same cute smile that Scootaloo had. ''Well, hello, dear.'' She said, her voice raspy and soft. ''You must be Cerulean Blaze! So nice to meet you, dear. I'm your fillyfriend's mother, Fire Heart.'' You blushed a dark crimson, the burn being intense on your cheeks and the two mares giggled at your reaction to that word. Fillyfriend.

As if on cue, Scootaloo came after you into the kitchen, you presumed after hearing her mother's voice. Her eyes visibly shrank upon seeing her there and she momentarily glanced at you to see your rosy cheeks and then back to her mother. ''Mum?! Howcome you're here?''

Fire Heart smiled gently at her daughter. ''Me and Cerulean's mother ran into each other when we were in the market today and decided to hang out together.'' She motioned a hoof over to your mother who smiled to her. ''We're already friends and might I say, you have one adorable looking son, Sapphire.'' Your blush deepened and you heard your mother giggle. Your blush had deepened to the point it appeared as if your coat was actually red, almost glowing in radiance.

Somehow, you knew that this wasn't going to be the last you heard of this. Fire Heart took a sip of her tea before picking herself out of her chair, as did your mother. Fire Heart thanked Sapphire for the tea and gave her a friendly hug before she turned to Scootaloo.

''Scootaloo, it's getting late, I think it's about time for us to head home.'' She said softly. Looking from Fire Heart to your mother, you intervened.

''Mum, I actually was meant to talk to you about that. I asked Scootaloo to come around because I was wondering if she could stay around for the night?'' You asked and both parents blinked. Fire Heart looked to her side to stare at Sapphire with a thoughtful expression. Catching on to this, Sapphire smiled and nodded her head after a few moments of thinking it over.

''Of course she can, sweetie. If it's alright with Fire Heart, that is.''

''Of course it's alright. I'll be by tomorrow afternoon to pick her up.'' Fire Heart said, scratching behind Scootaloo's ear, causing her to swat at her hoof in retaliation to the display of ''embarrass your foal because I'm a parent and it's my job!''. Giggling, Scootaloo's mother gave her a peck on the cheek and said her goodbye's before leaving the house moments later.

''Honey, why don't you take Scootaloo upstairs while I get dinner going? I'll call for the both of you when it's ready.'' Mum said. Both of your faces adorning smiles, you both made your way towards the stairs and into your bedroom that was located on the far right from the landing. Allowing Scootaloo to take entry first, you closed the door behind you both.

Inside your room, Scootaloo looked around with a newly found curiosity that was evident in her eyes, making them glisten like miniature, purple orbs speckled in glitter. She took in every last detail, especially when her eyesight was directed towards your walls, taking notice of the many racing memorabilia posters and artifacts you had pinned up and arranged around the room.

On the wall parallel to your bedroom door was a small shelf, holding various kinds of racing merchandise. It also held your prized possession - your helmet. What made the item stand out from the rest and what made it special to you was because of who used to own it. Your father, Frosty Blaze.

Your Dad was a multi-champion in sky-scooter races and the many dents forever hammered into the helmet along with all of the scratches and visible signs of wear all symbolized the very moments of joy and victory he found in his career. Sitting beside the battered helmet was a small, marble and gold trophy, the silver-plated plaque on the marble base reading - Winner - Frosty Blaze - Cloudsdale Sky-Scooter Racing Champion.

Scootaloo eyed the trophy for some considerable time and took a glance towards your direction, seeing you also staring at the award. A mark of sympathy entered her eyes, as she knew of your father after the 'small meeting' you both had that night when she returned the helmet to you, having dropped it at school after leaving in a tizzy.

''Your Dad was a racing champion?'' Scootaloo asked, surprised. Your left ear twitched and you averted your gaze from the trophy to Scootaloo, still holding a sympathetic look in her eyes.

''Yes. He won over thirteen races in total around Equestria. He was mostly in Cloudsdale for them, but he went down to Las Pegasus and Fillydelphia a few times to compete. That trophy is from when he earned the title of ''Champion''.'' You explained, seeing her lips curl into an ''O'' shape.

''Anyway,'' You said, hoping to direct the conversation into a more comfortable topic. ''you said before you had a scooter of your own? Well, how about I show you mine?'' You offered and that was more than enough to boost the filly's mood, her eyes practically becoming purple stars as a fresh smile found its way onto her lips.

Mentally chuckling to yourself at her reaction, you trotted over to the far end of your room to where you desk was located beside the window and pointed with a hoof to it, Scootaloo's face immediately transforming into one of awe.

Atop the desk surrounded by neatly arranged bits and pieces and a set of screwdrivers and a little can of oil was your scooter - The Skybolt Series A, one of the very finest and best models of its time and in perfect condition, considering what it was used for. The light blue paint that blended in with the sky was freshly coated with a new layer, giving it that factory-fresh appearance. The black rubber handlebars, once torn and worn out from previous days has been replaced with heavy-duty grips for ease of resistance when riding in harsh weather and the wheels, once scratched and worn were newly added, screwed securely into their places, offering a firm grip on the surfaces they were designed for.

Wrapping your hooves around it, you gently and carefully brought it down from the desk, positioning it onto the floor in front of Scootaloo. Leaning down, you undid the clasp at the bottom of the stem connecting to the wheels from the handlebars and raised the rod up from its resting position on the board of the scooter.

Offering Scootaloo a chance to step aboard the legendary piece of racing history, she hastily accepted and stepped her hooves onto the board, immediately feeling the sturdy, agile structure of the vehicle. Holding the handlebars, her hooves fit comfortably around them.

Compared to her own scooter that was inferior to yours, the agility and strength was effortless in putting hers into its place. This was a top-notch piece of racing equipment that used to belong to one of the - or if not - THE bestest sky-scooter champion of all time. And said champion's son was the new owner of the scooter. And is also your coltfriend. Scootaloo's breath caught in her throat. Coltfriend...

Scootaloo sputtered, stepping off of the scooter and you gently placed it aside, raising a brow at her. ''Scoots? What's up?'' Hehe, he called me ''Scoots'' again. ''You alright?'' You went beside her and sat her down, taking your own place beside her and draping your wing over her back.

''Y-Yeah.'' Scootaloo said quietly, rubbing her cheek with a hoof. ''I just feel kinda sad about what happened with Rumble earlier at Sugarcube Corner. I mean, I knew that he liked me and all, but not that he would be that upset!''

''How do you mean?'' You asked.

''He still thinks about me in that way...'' She said with a sad sigh. ''...Cerulean, he still like like's me. When we were talking, he told me about how he thought of me in that way and then he brought up when you and me became friends and ended up being together. Rumble got put into a bit of a funk from that.'' Scootaloo said. From what you've just heard, your mind didn't know what to think. Rumble and you were friends, and he was like the brother you never had. You, like most of the school ponies in your class, knew how he felt about Scootaloo, having being told by Archer more than once at school and how he's been ''falling'' for her ever since he met her.

With a hoof, you raised Scootaloo's chin, meeting her eyes. With a soft, caring smile, you placed the lightest of kisses to her muzzle, igniting a blush on her cheeks. Pulling her into a hug, you allowed her to rest her head on your shoulder, you doing the same on hers as you both snuggled your cheeks together. ''He'll be alright, Scoots. He just needs time to figure things out and sort them for himself.'' You said, holding onto her.

''I sure hope so.'' Scootaloo agreed.

''He will do, believe me.'' You reassured her, seeing her smile. Oh, how you loved that smile of hers. So vibrant, it could drive away storm clouds. ''Perhaps one day, I could teach you how to race a sky scooter?'' You offered, and her smile extended into a toothy one.

''I'd like that.'' She said like a child on Hearths Warming.


''Great! We'll have to go into one of the fields around town and practice some time. You're going to love it, trust me.'' You said, hugging her. Breaking away from the embrace, Scootaloo trotted over towards the shelf holding your helmet. Reaching a hoof up, she ran her hoof ever so carefully along its shell, able to feel every single dent and scratch mark forever marked into its surface. From small to large cracks and dents, you watched her as she looked the helmet over. It was almost as if she was under a spell as she was touching the relic. Such a treasured piece of racing history.

Removing her hoof from it, she took a deeper look at the memorabilia on the shelf. Other than the trophy and helmet, a framed photo of a stallion with Dark and light blue two-tone mane with blue eyes and white coat was cradling a younger looking version of yourself, both of you with toothy grins.

You noticed her smile, although she didn't turn around. The next item on the shelf was of a concealed, strange looking item in a small glass case. The item behind the glass was held in place by small supports made out of aluminium and there was a small plaque on the inside of the case, built flat onto the base of the case.

Taking a closer look at the plaque, Scootaloo read out loud; ''Frosty Blaze - Team Member of Turbo Wing - Lead Flyer and Honorary Champion'' She gasped to herself, awestruck. Looking back up to the item held by the aluminium supports behind the glass, she raised a brow, unsure of what exactly she was looking at.

Coming beside her, you took a look at the item, knowing what it was straight away. The item held by the supports was a golden badge in a circular shape, a pair of greatly detailed pegasus wings proudly flared out on either side of the circle. In the middle of it was a glowing, yellow thunderbolt, almost appearing as if it was an actual bolt of lightning, magically enchanted to remain stable as a part of the badge.

''That was my Dad's team badge back when he raced for Cloudsdale. He's the one who founded the team and he used to be the leader before...'' You stopped, ears flopping backwards and Scootaloo took hint of what you were going to say, an understanding look on her face.

''Jeez, I'm sorry, Cerulean.'' She said, enveloping you with her hooves and pulling you into a warm hug. Accepting the embrace, you cuddled your cheek into the side of her neck.

''You know, Scoots, I really wish he was still around to meet you. He was a really awesome father to me and he's the reason that I know all that I know today. He would have loved to know you.''

''Aw, isn't that sweet.'' A voice from the doorway said, the both of your freezing in your place. Turning your heads, you both stared in shock at the sight of your mother watching you with a sweet smile. ''Shame I don't have my camera, you two are so adorable together!'' She said, giggling to herself.

In a flash, you both released each other from your hugging position and snapping to a neutral stance, bright, burning crimson blushes raging on both of your cheeks as you scratched the back of your neck awkwardly.

''H-How long have you been there?!'' You demanded. Your mother continued to smile.

''About when you both started hugging.'' She said, letting out a chuckle. ''Anyway, I've got dinner ready.'' Your mother announced before making her way out of your room and back towards the kitchen.

Blushing madly, you turned your attention towards Scootaloo, and you both shared a shocked and embarrassed glance at each other. ''Shall...S-Shall we just forget this ever happened?'' She asked, her voice shaky from the shock flowing through her small body. You nodded hastily in agreement.

''Y-Yeah, that would be best. C'mon, we should go down for dinner, Mum's probably waiting for us.'' Looking forward to the promise of food, the two of you made your way out of the bedroom and joined your mother in the kitchen.

Dinner was surprisingly quiet as you all sat there, tucking into your own plates. It was nothing special, but neither you or Scootaloo seemed to mind - hay casserole, salad and some apple fritters for dessert. You and Scootaloo sat together, taking slow bites at your own food.

The silence was beyond awkward and into the uncomfortable region. The only sound being heard in the room was the sound of every pony's breathing and chewing.

During the whole time, you could still feel the blush that burned your cheeks a short while ago, and judging from the rosy expression on Scootaloo's face, so could she. The two of you didn't share a glance the whole time you were eating, and when you were eventually done with dinner, you asked for Scootaloo's empty plate and stacked it atop your own before hoofing them over to your mother before she took them over to the sink and started washing up.

Making your way back to your room, the time was late and it was about time to be going to bed. The night was cold, despite having heating in the house. The cold didn't bother you that much, seeing as when you lived in Manehatten, the weather was usually cold, especially around this time of year, and it was something you eventually got used to.

''Celestia, it's cold.'' Scootaloo said, a noticeable shiver running down the length of her spine. You took note and draped a wing over her back, lapping it over her side. She hid a blush that deepened when you softly positioned yourself so that your side was touching hers, your body warmth providing comfort for her.

The guest room was nothing all that special. It was the same size as your room and had a few shelves and book cases in places against the walls with small ornaments and trophies arranged neatly on them. Clearly, they were well taken care of, judging from how clean they were. Placed snugly at the back of the room against the middle area of the wall was a bed big enough for about seven to ten foals. The framework was made out of a polished metal with added shine and the sheets to the bed were a vibrant, sky blue, a symbol of a wing in the middle of the sheets in a bold, gold outline and lighter gold inner colouring.

''Well, the bed's all your if you want it. It used to belong to my Dad, but he never used it much on account of being away most of the time for racing around Equestria.'' You explained, trotting over to it with Scootaloo at your side.

Climbing onto the bed, you offered a hoof and lifted Scootaloo onto it with you. Almost immediately, she fell into the softness of the mattress. It was almost identical to a cloud's surface! Plush and soft, it was in pristine condition and promised a relaxing and comfortable sleep. Raising the sheets, Scootaloo climbed in and wrapped them around her, the cold seeming to instantly fly off of her to the newly found warmth of the sheets.

You smiled at that cute and adorable, relaxed expression of hers. ''Ha, that comfortable? The bed was actually custom made by a pony back in Cloudsdale. Dad had a few connections and had this specially made for him.''

''Cerulean?''

''Yeah, Scoots?''

She shifted nervously beneath the covers, holding back a blush. ''Um...do you think you can s-st-stay here w-with me?'' She asked with a stammer, and your heart almost stopped.

Was she...was she asking me to...sl-sleep with h-h-her? I think my brain just melted... You blushed like a red light bulb. She may be close to you, but being asked something such as this? You were unprepared for it. You had no idea how to respond to the question and your mind was drawn to blank. A voice in the back of your head was telling you to accept and crawl under the sheets with her. You wanted to. You really did. Yet, as much as you wanted to, a piece of your mind was telling you that it would be wrong to sleep with her.

You still felt as if it was a little too early in your relationship to do anything like this just yet. Aw, c'mon, Cerulean, it's just a harmless, friendly gesture. There isn't anything wrong about a colt sleeping in the same bed as a filly. That goes especially if she is your fillyfriend. You loved her, but didn't know how to think of what to do, nevermind if you should or shouldn't be doing it.

You've blown it, Scoots, he's thinking of walking away. Q-Quick, do something, for Celestia's sake! Without a second thought, Scootaloo sat up from under the covers, taking you by surprise. Her hooves were found locked tight around your barrel and she pulled you under the sheets, latched onto you like her fur was Velcro.

Your eyes shrank in shock and panic, unsure of what was happening. The covers were enveloping your bodies and you found yourself beneath the young, orange filly, her eyes devious and you could feel her warm breath contacting with your muzzle and lips.

Nothing happened for a few moments. You both stared at each other, unsure of what to do next. Suddenly, a fit of giggles escaped from Scootaloo's lips and you too joined in.

''You should see the look on your face, Blaze!'' She laughed. ''Priceless!'' She let herself down and rested her barrel against your own, putting some weight on your body. Your faces were now only centimeters apart, glowing blushes in the darkness beneath the sheets as you stared at each other.

Wrapping your hooves around her, she squeaked cutely in surprise and you pushed your body sideways, still holding onto her so that your sides were now laying on the bed and your heads were placed on the massive, plushy pillow. Still facing her, you shared a smile and lightly touched muzzles.

Scootaloo closed her eyes, her smile plastered on her lips as she allowed herself to drift off into dreamland. Watching her all the while, you took a moment to contemplate how cute she was in her current position. Beneath the sheets, you could feel her hoof cup around your own in a holding pose.

Her hoof was warm and soft against your own. Snuggling yourself beneath the sheets, you made yourself comfortable. Watching Scootaloo sleep with short, deep breaths and seeing her chest rise and fall, you could tell she was already burrowed in the dreamworld. Cuddling up to her, you averted your eyes down to her lips.

A thought crossed your mind and you blushed heavily. There was nothing harmful about this, was there? What's the worst that can happen? Slowly shifting your head forwards, your lips made contact with Scootaloo's, placing a light peck. They were smooth and invitingly warm. Breaking away, you saw her smile become slightly wider as she slept and she let out a happy, dreamy moan and sigh.

Resting your head back next to hers, you let your eyes slide closed and fell into a blissful sleep.