• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 374 Views, 13 Comments

The Element of Friendship - The Derpy Doctor



A colorful story that might reinspire me to make more fanfics. This is an early work. Don't judge it too harshly.

  • ...
2
 13
 374

Answers

After, the community had stopped hustling about the entire situation, me and my mom, and all my friends sat at the fireplace at my home. We sat and talked about what questions that we had.

“So, what happened to Acerbus?” I asked my mom very intently.

“Twilight summoned Discord from his dwelling place,” she spoke, “and talked at him for not happening to be there for us through the whole ordeal. Then he went on to tell her that he had no clue this was happening. He does live outside of Equestria. She then told him that he needed to take care of Acerbus. He gladly agreed. He would reform him.”

“Do you think he can handle it?” I perplexed.

“Yes, Acerbus is the real dark magic that cannot be stopped, but…um...reversed, I guess.”

We sat for a while thinking about all of the questions that we had to ask. Until I finally got a good one.

“How did you and Twilight know about the Darkness?”

“Well. What…” she paused “Oh that I knew what would happen if we the darkness were Acerbus?”

“Yes” I confirmed.

“Well, The doctor planned on taking me to see something that nopony had ever seen before. He took me to the room that the prophecy was hidden in. Twilight knew probably, because….”

“Books!” I responded.

“Yeah. Books.” My mom responded.

“One more thing. Where were we held captive?”

“We were held in the darkness itself. That place doesn’t exist any more. It can’t.”

“How do you know?” I asked in my most polite voice.

“Twilight told us.” I was surprised she’d say Twilight. She knows a lot, but she certainly does not have that form of surety.



Pinkie Pie threw a party that night. I say that night in the most literal way possible, because it lasted all night long.

The doctor met with me. He told me about how proud he was, and then he offered to have me for an adventure in the TARDIS. Derpy objected in seconds. He gave me his business number behind her back.

Near the end of the night came the saddest moment I ever encountered.

“By, Dinky,” Came Applebloom’s voice, “It was nice having you in the club.”

“What do you mean?” I responded.

“You don’t have to be with us anymore considering you already have your cutie mark,” Sweetie Belle answered.

“I don’t know why I can’t stay and help you guys find yours.” I smiled.

They all lit up. They thought that I would leave them that easily.

“Really?” Scootaloo cried (first time all day).

“Yes.” There was a group hug, and then a night of music, drinks and jokes all provided by the Super Duper party Ponies: Pinkie and Cheese.

I had friends. I had a cutie mark. I had a great mentor, now. All I needed was to be the new successor of Princess Celestia.

Her standards can’t be that hard, Right?