• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 374 Views, 13 Comments

The Element of Friendship - The Derpy Doctor



A colorful story that might reinspire me to make more fanfics. This is an early work. Don't judge it too harshly.

  • ...
2
 13
 374

Chrysalis

I am the queen, I was born to rule, they said. I had understanding. I could help the ponies of Equestria, and die to save my people. I was involved in a prophecy made 500 years ago when Cerberus defeated Acerbus. Celestia sent her old guard, the most loyal guard of her watch to defeat the destructive titan before he could carry out any of his plans for Canterlot. Cerberus succeeded, but the prophecy was found etched into the stone of the palace floor. Celestia demanded the room it was on to be sealed off from any contact besides her. The words were never seen again except for her guards that were sworn to protect her, and me. I was her only hope. Even I know that there is light to outweigh the darkness. I was foolish once, and I tried to storm what was mine. I tried to take the tender loving care of others and steal it for myself and for my changelings. I was wrong, and Twilight and her friends defeated me. I am here now, I know the prophecy, and those that read it rarely forget it. That is the power of Acerbus. It reads:


Oh ye that cast me off, that banished me far,
I do say congrats, but I have to say,
While you think I’m gone, I’ll take your guard.
And you’ll tell when I come by no light of day.

So you think that I’m gone?
There is only one cure, and that’s light in the dark
How else can you this be known?
And forever in the dark, you know in your heart.

The dark you trust,
And the weak be strong
And I will be back to destroy the must.
And then you count my sentence long?

I will bring first down the queen,
And then shall they go, I show the ponies freedom
They will see what I do when I’m mean.
Don’t fight the darkness from Tartarus, fair one.



The line: “you know in your heart” was the worst. As this was addressed to her majesty: Princess Celestia, I saw it in her eyes, the words had more meaning than met the eye. There was no real way to ask her. Every time I visited her, she brought up my storm on Canterlot, and I’d apologize, and then she’d burn up. She would never respond to any of my questions. I could only know the truth one way, and that was to fulfill the prophecy. I was the light in the darkness, the darkness that had been searching for light. The light was in me, I needed the love of others, and I found it through trust, and my changeling minions found it too.

Today, I had to help the ponies that had done so much for me. Just by minding me even a little, I had been given the strength to bring light to my subjects. I was going to defeat the darkness. I had to. These ponies meant too much to me now.



I saw the darkness, and teleported deep into it. I was overwhelmed with the fear, the cages, and the darkness. The only way to even describe the feeling of creatures in a place like this was darkness. The loneliness, and fear, depression and anxiety all could only be classified as a whole new world of darkness. I have to stand now I thought very strongly to myself.

“Acerbus!” I yelled without letting my fear control me. I had to be the light. “You will never hurt these ponies!”

I let my horn shine bright. I had to let him know my powers. He would never stand against me. I had to be the light for all of the friends that I… but do I really have friends?
I tried to summon my strength. I forced light out through my horn. And told off the darkness.

“You are very brave to come here. You have been declined by my powers, because you don’t have any friends. You didn’t have to come to save these ponies. Since you think that you have them, though, I will make it abundantly clear for you that you have not the strength to have at me. I have everyone locked up, and no one thinks you a friend.” He chilled me.

“That’s a lie!” Doubt forming in my voice. “I do have a reason to fight, and you… you…”

An invisible force struck me down. I was powerless. The voice confirmed this:

“If that’s true, then you can watch your princess, and your friends die.” I wept. I can only do this now: weep. I had no friends. I had only myself, now. All my subjects had stayed. Celestia could not help. I was here alone and I was all I had.