• Published 17th Feb 2015
  • 2,945 Views, 39 Comments

What fuels your wrath? - Creatix



Anger is not something to be taken lightly, especially when all a certain being can feel is anger.

  • ...
4
 39
 2,945

Anger in its purest form

It did not take long for Princess Celestia to reach the origin of the red light. She had traveled far before she had found what she was looking for. She had tracked the source of the disturbance to the Frozen North, near the Crystal Mountains. It was not hard to find what she was looking for when she got there. A large area of land that was recently covered by snow was now just a large crater. However, Celestia could see that the crater was not barren. Inside lay a creature she had not seen before, and her curiosity grew at the sight of something that was never reported. She flew down, gently landing next to the creature before she started to examine it.

It's skin was black, and covered it many different markings. As of now, it's eyes were devoid of anything, like two hollow sockets leading to an inky blackness. It's mouth looked to be in a state where it would have to be permanently open, for she could see no conceivable way it could close it mouth entirely with the way it was. She went further down, further examining the creature that was laid before her. To her, it looked to be bipedal with a weird set of hind hooves. The claws at the end of its arms seemed sharper than anything she had seen, as if they were meant for the express purpose of killing.

When she was finished with her small examination, she sat down on her haunches. "What am I going to do now?" She wondered to herself. She, as princess, was presented with few options. She could take it, put many magical restraints on it and give to a team of her top scholars to examine. She could imprison it until it woke up, and question it to see if it had any signs of sapience. The last one, the one she used to defeat Discord, was to use the Elements of Harmony, and make sure that it never becomes a threat to her ponies. Those were her three immediate options, more and more would become available depending on what path she would take.

She was about to make her decision, but that was before she heard wing beats behind her. Turning, she saw her sister, Princess of the Moon, Luna. She was gently floating down towards her and the creature.

"Sister!" Luna said, a relieved look adorning her muzzle. "We were worried for thou! When we felt the disturbance, we immediately started looking for thou. It was a maid that told us that thou had already left."

Celestia smiled at her sister. "I'm sorry, Luna. Looking back, I guess I should have waited for you." She said, before she noticed that Luna was carrying a pair of saddlebags. "Luna, what did you bring?"

"We have brought the Elements of Harmony." Luna answered. "Thou can never be too careful."

Celestia nodded, before turning back to the creature. "Luna, may I ask you a question?"

"Thou does not need permission, sister." Luna answered.

Celestia nodded. "This is the creature that caused the disturbance earlier. I was about to come to a decision about what to do with it, two of which involved bringing it back home. The last one involved the Elements."

Luna looked at the creature for a moment, before turning to Celestia. "We already have the elements with us, so if it wakes up at any time we could just turn it to stone like we did with Discord. Until then, the creature could be brought back."

Celestia nodded. "I had decided on bringing him back anyway. I guess having the Elements will only make it easier."

With each others approval, both sisters horns lit up with magic. However, before anything could be done with their magic, the creatures eyes suddenly lit up. Not a moment passed before it looked at them, then it quickly jumped up off the ground, making distance between them and it. It directed its eyes towards the two sisters, as if staring into their souls. The two sisters could only hear heavy breathing coming from the creature. Celestia looked at the creatures face, and, for some strange reason, all she could see in it's face was anger.

Celestia was confused. She had not done anything to wrong the creature, at least not yet, so why was it looking at her with such anger? To her side, she could hear Luna whisper to her. "Sister?" She asked. "Dost thou wish for us to use the elements."

Celestia looked once more at the creature. And again, she could see the anger. No, she could feel it, as if it was so present in the creature that it was its own being. She looked towards Luna, giving her answer. "Prepare them."

Luna nodded, and used her magic to grab the Elements, Celestia also taking a few from the bag. They were preparing for the worst, ready to use the elements at a moments notice. They stared at the creature. It was hunched over, looking at them with its arm hanging down its sides. The only thing it did was look at them, as if it was expecting them to do something.

Celestia looked back to her sister. "Luna, I do not think that-"

"Sister, look out!" Luna interrupted her, panic in her voice.

Celestia looked back to the creature, only to find that is what not there. She heard what sounded like a roar coming from above her. She looked up, and saw the creature descending towards her, one on it's clawed arms pulled back ready to strike. Celestia's eyes widened in surprise, and acting faster than she thought she could have, she teleported away. Not a moment later she appeared on the other end of the crater, and she could creature land before looking around, as if confused. She would have sighed in relief, if not that her sister was still there. She was only a few feet away from the creature, and the moment it looked at her, it let out another roar before running towards her. Luna had teleported next to Celestia before the creature could even get near her.

"Sister!" Luna shouted. "We need to use the elements on this creature. It's too hostile!"

Celestia sighed. "I agree Luna. It's too dangerous."

The creature was currently looking around in agitation and confusion, giving the two Royal Sisters enough time to do what was needed. It took the creature another few moments to spot them, but by then, it was too late. What greeted him was a giant beam with the colors of the rainbow. He would have jumped out of the way, but the beam was too close and moving too fast. He had to take the full brunt of it.

Celestia and Luna, from their position, heard a loud roar from the creature, louder than the rest. It sounded so much like a scream of pain came from the creature. They kept using the Elements, before they felt what energy they had waning. The beam from the Elements thinned, until it was gone. Celestia and Luna stood their, staring at the creature. It was now turned to stone, stuck in a hunched over position.

"It is over." Celestia said.

"Indeed it is." Luna agreed. "But what will we do with the creature now?"

"He has been turned to stone, Luna." Celestia said. "He can cause no harm."

Luna nodded. "Still..." She said. "We never felt so much anger from a creature. It was terrifying."

Celestia nodded in agreement. "Come, we can't just leave it here."

"Thou intends to put it on display?" Luna asked. "Like Discord?"

"It shall serve as a warning." Celestia said. "A warning for those who might choose to act upon anger."

"Of course." Luna said, rolling her eyes. "Well, if thou wants to, what can we do but agree."

"Thank you Luna." Celestia said, before grabbing the statue of the creature in her magical gasp. "Come, let us return home."

This creature would remain a statue for the next one thousand years, sitting idly by, waiting.

Author's Note:

As I said last chapter, if you think I am doing anything wrong, tell me. If the dislikes outweigh the likes by a marginal amount, then I will stop writing for their sake.