• Published 17th Feb 2015
  • 2,945 Views, 39 Comments

What fuels your wrath? - Creatix



Anger is not something to be taken lightly, especially when all a certain being can feel is anger.

  • ...
4
 39
 2,945

Prologue

He was angry, that much was clear. His thoughts a jumbled mess, going from one thing to the next. But, out of all of those thoughts, one would always occur.

The death of the girl who looked so much like Mithra, his daughter. The image of her running towards him, a pleading look on her eyes as the bombs fell down during Olga's attack. He could do nothing to help, and when the bombs hit and the explosions cleared he was the only survivor. At the time, he hoped beyond hope that, somehow, she had survived. But, when he had seen her charred body lying a few feet away... He exploded.

The death of the girl replayed over and over in his mind, the image never leaving him. That's why he screamed. His anger had changed him, his skin glowing orange with the power he held. He felt the extra appendages on his back, heavy and powerful. Four large arms made of Mantra, the energy that Demigods such as himself held, were protruding from his back. He didn't think, his wrath was the sole thing guiding him. He raised two of the of arms, two orbs forming in either hand, and released a stream of beams at who he knew was responsible.

He released his anger towards Olga and her fleet, high in the sky orbiting just above the atmosphere of Gaea. Olga was a commander for the Seven Deities, a group of Demigods who had kidnapped Asura's daughter and murdered his wife, all for power. She was the only female among them, and while the blonde Demigod was naturally a smart commander, she often let her emotions rule how she acted. The attack traveled faster than anything Olga could remember, and her ship shook as the beams passed her. Her face twisted into annoyance, before she issued out her next order.

"Asura must be destroyed!" She yelled to her troops. "Purify him! Fire!"

With that order, the countless ships from her fleet began to descend towards Gaea, firing at the now berserk Asura. They all perished before they could get close, Asura releasing barrage after barrage of fire at them. Beneath all the explosions of the now destroyed ships, Asura prepared his next attack. He held out a single, large arm of Mantra out towards the sky, before a large ball of concentrated Mantra began to gather. Once it reached the size to fit in the hand, he launched it skyward, passing many of the ships. It exploded just below the atmosphere, releasing a wave of explosions from the ships hit by it. Olga's ship, just outside of orbit, was shocked by the blast. She was shaken up, and she almost fell down. She scowled, starting to loose her composure.

"How dare he!" She said to herself, before ordering her ship to descend. The recent attack had clouded Gaea's atmosphere, and she needed to be able to see in order to command her forces. Her Sepentrion lowered through the clouds, and when she finally had a clear view, she issued her orders. "Keep firing! Blow him to pieces!"

And like the last time she issued that order, the ships in her command obeyed. They flew down and fired, again. And like last time, they were all destroyed by Asura. When no more ships came to confront him, he raised all of his arms in front of him with a roar. A ball of concentrated Mantra forming between them. He launched it towards Olga's ship. Whoever was piloting the ship for her must have seen it coming, for at the last second it pitched to the side and avoided the attack. It continued into the sky, breaching the atmosphere and going into orbit. It exploded, the blast radius stretching farther than the width of Gaea herself. Olga, who had fallen down from the ship suddenly pitching, had witnessed a large chunk of her forces fall from the attack that was just thrown her way. She took in a shaky breath, before giving her final order.

"All ships, retreat!" She yelled.

Asura, completely lost in his rage, began to fire more laser like projectiles of Mantra towards her ship and the fleet. He only succeeded in destroying one as they fled.

Asura was left there, nothing to take his anger out on, and nothing to distract him from the constant image of the girl in his head. he screamed, a scream not of rage, but of pain. He would continue to do this for a while, unaware of what the remaining Seven Deities had planned for him. Without warning, and without time to prepare, a large, blue beam came straight for Asura. Asura, lost in rage and without thinking, did the only action available to him. He prepared his own blast of Mantra, to counteract the beam. he launched it towards it when it was almost on him, but it wasn't enough. The blue beam had overpowered his own, and engulfed him.

He felt pain. Cruel, unending pain. He could the large arms of Mantra on his back being destroyed, and he could feel his body being burned. And then, in an explosion of blue, it was done. In the aftermath, a large crater had formed where the blast hit. Asura was nowhere to be seen.

In another land, one known to its residents as Equestria, a certain solar princess was busy enjoying her breakfast of cake. She and her sister have just recently defeated a being known as Discord, the apparent 'God of Chaos'. After fixing everything that Discord had done, such as making sure the sky no longer rained chocolate milk, she and her sister Luna where spent. Sp, it was no wonder as to why she would be relaxing. That was, until she felt something that was unfamiliar to her. She pushed it to the back of her mind, not really seeing the bother in stopping her self indulgence of sweets for something that seemed so small. That was, until it grew substantially. It grew, and grew, and it kept growing until she could not ignore it any longer.

"What in Equestria is that?" She wondered to herself. It was coming from the north, far to the north. "Perhaps I should check on this disturbance?"

She walked out to a nearby balcony of her castle, gazing at the area it came from. It was when the sky exploded with a flash of red, that she had decided that she would not waste anymore time. With any luck, her sister Luna had felt it as well, and would join her as soon as she could.

Author's Note:

Well, this is a first attempt a Fimfiction story. Don't exactly know how I did, but based of what you, the readers say, I will try to improve or simply stop the story.
This prologue is based of the ending to this episode of Asuras Wrath.