• Published 11th May 2015
  • 2,376 Views, 15 Comments

Sombra's daughter - RavenFire2908



He was a king, he ruled The Crystal Empire with an iron hoof, they feared him, nopony dared to stand up to him. But even the darkest king have a soft spot, especially for a little filly in his blood.

  • ...
1
 15
 2,376

Voices outside the nightmares

"It's time, it's time my daughter" the dark voice yelled from the darkness.

Applejack woke from the grave dark laughter the voice gave out before everything had faded. She looked toward her window, the sun was just about to go up. "another nightmare.... when will this stop?" she asked, in months she had been having nightmares about the same familiar voice she knew but couldn't recognize.

Stepping out of her bed, Applejack walked over to her bedroom mirror. As she looked at her reflection she saw something not everypony would see. She saw darkness, her eyes had purple trails after them, and the whiteness in her eyes was glowing in a bright green. But unlike the other times, Applejack wasn't surprised. She had at last grown used to it, after many months with nightmares and this reflection nothing seem to scare her that much. Not even the timberwolves scared her anymore, she knew how to destroy them and every weak point they had.

After staring at herself for a good five minutes, Applejack walked over to her bed again and took the hat of her nightstand and placed it proudly on her head. Taking a deep breath, Applejack walked back to the mirror, this time the darkness was gone. she walked out of her room and down the stairs. Smiling at her family as she walked by them, they where sitting at the table ready for breakfast.

"AJ! come on, breakfast is almost ready!" Apple Bloom said waving her hood happily to her big sister.

"ah'm not hungry, go on ahead an eat up. ah'm gonna go for a walk..." she said low as she went for the door. But thanks to her big brother, she didn't make it.

"Nope" he said, as he bit down on her tail and dragging her into the dinning room with the rest of the family.

"fine..." Applejack groaned when Big Mac placed her in the seat next to him and Apple Bloom.

"so wanna tell us about yer nightmare, hun?" Granny asked when the family had began to eat. Big Mac and Apple Bloom digging in on pancakes and hay bacon, while Applejack was just staring at her food.

Applejack snapped up as Granny called her out. "how did ya know?!" She almost yelled in surprise.

"ah have mah ways" She said wisely with a sly grin.

"well, it was this dark rustic voice calling me daughter and it's time. That's all ah remember." Applejack answered tapping her chin and thinking.

Granny looked at Big Mac in worry, Big Mac gave his Grandmother the same glare. "Applejack, we need to tell you something." she said after a few seconds of silence.

"hmm? what is it?" she asked muffled as her mouth was filled with food.

"This may be a long story, but..." Granny started. "yer not of Apple blood. When ya was just an infant Princess Celestia gave ya to us and asked us to protect ya and don't let ya grow in darkness. We took ya in as a member, but ya have the right to know." Granny finished looking deep into Applejack's eyes.

"w-what?" She tried to say as her eyes began to water. "ah ain't blood?" she muttered, in due panic she ran out the door with tears running down her eyes.

"let her go, she'll be fine" Granny said before Big Mac was about to rise and chase after his "sister" In respond he only sighed. Apple Bloom who had stayed silence the hole time began to cry as well, she couldn't believe Applejack wasn't her sister.


Applejack ran, she ran and ran as fast as her hooves could carry her. It had begun to rain and it was splashing down on her. She stopped to look where she was going, the everfree forest was just infront of her. Without thinking she ran inside, she ran deeper and deeper. In the end, she ran off road. branches, rocks and darkness surrounding her many of the branches even scraped up her body leaving huge scars.

As she began to slow down she began to notice her scars, she began to feel the pain in her sides, legs and face. "ow" she said smiling at her scars for some reason she liked the pain. It made her feel alive.

"what the?" She asked, when she couldn't feel the pain anymore.

What's wrong dear? A voice asked. Applejack yelped and jumped around to face... Nothing.

"who's there?" She screamed.

Your true blood

Applejack panicked and ran, she ran deeper into the forest. She didn't know where she was going or when to stop, but she had one goal in mind, escape the voice.


Princess Celestia sat infront of a mirror with a picture of a pony in it. She stared at the pony, she was running.

"poor Applejack." she sighed, she turned her head and called "Luna"

Princess Luna came into the room not long after Celestia had called. "yes, Tia?"

"Did Applejack have a nightmare last night?" she asked.

"I don't think so, there is something that blocks her from my dream void, I don't know what it is. But I haven't seen her dreams in a long time." Luna said "why?"

"I think he has returned and is after his daughter." Celestia said, she gasped when she realised she had said too much.

"He? Somba? But he didn't have any kids." Luna said.

"He did, I found her as a little baby in the castle before he vanished, you were passed out for a second. He found me interacting with her and protected her. He screamed at me to stay away from his daughter. After he vanished, I went back and looked for his daughter. I knew that he would return and try to find her. So I gave her to someone who I knew would protect her and keep her away from the dark." Celestia finished.

"Applejack?"

"yes, I have kept an on her to make sure she don't turn the same path as her father. But today, I think she is slowly breaking down. He is making contact with her."