• Published 21st Feb 2015
  • 1,781 Views, 48 Comments

The Legend of Korra Book 5: Chaos - Epicdiscord214



Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world. Now... she can't do it alone.

  • ...
8
 48
 1,781

Return to Republic City

In a dark room, Discord peeked and saw a stone box inside a glass orb on top of a pedestal. He tiptoed to it and reached to it. Suddenly, as he touched the glass, he felt an electrical shock from it. He jumped back in pain and blew on his paw and claw. Suddenly, a parrot flew in and laughed. It landed next to the glass orb.

"YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE, YOU CHUMP!" the parrot laughed. "I NEARLY BUSTED A GUT! YOU DIDN'T THINK THE RED EYE EVEN HAD A PLAN IN CASE YOU'D TRY TO TAKE IT! HAHAHA!"

"I don't get it." Discord said. "How did scarf-face do this?" The parrot wiggled its feathers pointed at Discord, who just put on an obvious face. "Oh, right."

"What's the matter, Discord?" the parrot asked. "You barely cracked a joke since you arrived in this world."

"For your information, Lok, even I can't joke when it comes to situations like this." Discord explained. "You tried to get me kicked out of Equestria through trial so I'd have to come here. When that didn't work, Golden Eyes--or Iris, whatever--freed Tirek and took that little box that somehow has the power to control me."

"Discord, if you would've just given up before, you could've been spared this indignity." Lok said.

"I never would've." Discord said. "Don't you get it? I was about to give up, I'd grant you, but I still had my friends to back me up. I don't expect a talking pigeon like you to understand, seeing how very scarce your friend supply is."

"HEY!" Lok shouted. "For your information, candy-lips, I have plenty of friends. There's the Red Eye, Iris... Okay, I admit Zaheer's hanging by a thread. Oh, hey, I like my conversations with that Miles kid in the dungeon."

"Say what?" Discord asked.

Lok panicked and covered his mouth. He released his beak and sighed. "The point is, your friends ain't coming. We took the only method we had for their world-traveling mirror thingamajig. Even if they do know where you are, they can't get here. There is absolutely no way for your princess and her friends to get to this world."


But Lok was wrong. As soon as the light dimmed, the Mane 6, Spike, the Doctor Korra, and Asami wiped their eyes and focused at the nearly-broken city around them. There were many humans working at the broken buildings.

"So this is Republic City." Spike said. "Seems a little less... republic-y than I thought."

"I second that." Rarity said. "This place looks like an army of tornadoes attacked. Korra, darling, what happened here?"

"It's a long story." Korra said. "Anyway, Tenzin told me that our president is working on expanding the city."

"Well, the Red Lotus are hiding here right?" Twilight asked. "There can't be much of space for them to hide now, can there?"

"Too true." the Doctor said. "But you still can't handle the Red Eye on your own. Find your friends and they'll assist you with liberating Discord. Remember, once your inside, you'll need to take back Pandora's Box. As long as the Red Eye has it, he can control Discord to do whatever he wished."

"Get friends, find the Red Lotus base, get back the box, and get Discord out of there." Korra said. "Got it."

"Yeah." Rainbow Dash said. "Just wait until I give this Red Eye guy a Rainbow Dash jab in the jaw!"

"Aren't you coming, Doctor?" Korra said.

"Not right now." the Doctor said. "I only show up when you need me. In the meantime, I'll be..."

Suddenly, a gray pegasus with criss-cross eyes leaped from the portal and tackled the Doctor. They both rolled on the floor knocking some of the dust off the floor. The others were confused until the dust cleared revealing the pegasus laying on the ground next to the Doctor.

"Derpy?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"You know her?" Asami asked.

"She's... not the most careful pegasus." Rainbow Dash explained. "She's also not the brightest. Last time we saw her, she was in jury duty. Derpy, where did you come from?"

"The hospital." Derpy answered getting up. "That's where I was born. Then, my parents carried me to their house, which then, also became my house and..."

"Not what I meant." Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "What I mean is, what are you doing here?"

"Well..." Derpy answered, "After that red guy and the bad pony forced Discord to tie us up, the princesses cut us down. They then said we had to leave the castle, but I had to use the restroom. Don't judge me; it was a terrifying experience. When I was done, I saw you ponies getting the mirror to throw up these human girls."

"That's not what the mirror..." Twilight was about to say.

"...And then, I saw this gorgeous stallion right here." Derpy continueid gesturing as the Doctor. "That's when I realized I had to follow you and get to know him better."

"Don't get me wrong, Ms. Hooves," the Doctor said, "But I don't think I'm your type. I'm a time-walker."

"Your mouth moves, but all I hear are angels singing." Derpy sighed passionately.

"Hoo, boy." the Doctor said nervously. "Um..." He then pointed at the horizon. "LOOK! A GIANT MUFFIN!"

"WHERE?!" Derpy shouted in excitement turning around. When she had her head turned, the Doctor disappeared in a flash of light. Derpy looked back and around for the Doctor. "Where'd he go? Will he be back?"

"He said he would," Rainbow Dash said, "But I wouldn't get my hopes yet soon."

"NO!" Derpy shouted. "WE'LL BE MARRIED 'CAUSE LOVE CONQUERS ALL! Anyway, where can I find some muffins around here?"

"Uh..." Korra said nervously, "There's a bakery at Third around the corner."

"Yippee." Derpy said as she flew away.

"Do you think someone might get suspicious at a talking, flying pony in town?" Applejack asked.

"I wouldn't worry about it." Asami said. "If anyone sees her, they'll think she's a spirit. Your secret's safe as can be."

"I gotcha!" Pinkie Pie said. "Zip it, lock it in a box, bury the key, build a house on top of..."

Rainbow Dash zipped at Pinkie's face and put her hoof over her mouth. "We got it."

"All right, everyone." Korra said. "First, I say we head to the police department. There are some friends there who might help."

"Lead the way, Korra." Twilight said.


The bakery had tables on the outside. The baker had a counter outside that Derpy flew at. The baker saw Derpy and gasped.

"Whoa! Haven't seen a spirit like you before."

"Oh, I'm not a spirit, sir." Derpy said. "I'm an actual pony."

"Yeah, right." the baker laughed. "And I'm Princess Yue. Anyway, what can I get you?"

"I'd like to try one of this world's muffins, please." Derpy said. "Can I have it in blueberry?"

"Sure thing." the baker said pulling out a blueberry muffin. "That'll be 3 yuans."

"I'm on what?" Derpy asked.

"No, yuans." the baker enunciated. "You know, the dough?"

"You're a baker." Derpy said. "I'd think you'd have plenty of dough."

"I'm taking about money!" the baker shouted. "The cost for that muffin is 3 yuans!"

"That's money?" Derpy said. "Sorry, sir, but I don't have any stewmans."

"YUANS!" the baker shouted. "Look; no yuans, no muffin!"

"Sorry, sir." Derpy frowned placing the muffin back on the counter.

The gray pegasus turned around and started to sulk away. The baker saw Derpy's sad face and sighed.

"Hold on, kid. I... think I can put this one on the house."

Derpy's expression changed and zipped back to the counter. "Thanks you, sir! How can I pay you back?!"

"Just tell your friends that Pa-Kin's Bakery has fair and excellent service. To clear it up, I should express that my name is Pa-Kin."

"Derpy Hooves." the pegasus introduced herself. She took the muffin and hugged it passionately.

"You sure do love your muffins, don't you, Derpy?"

"My ma always said, muffin is as muffin does."

"I'm... not even going to ask what that means. Just enjoy your on-the-house muffin."

"I'm glad you're open, Pa-Kin." Derpy said. "After all, a bunch of other places are broken."

"Yeah, Kuvira's invasion did do a number on Old Republic City," Pa-Kin said, "But thanks to President Raiko's Expansion Project, the shops that involve food, clothes, and other necessities are rebuilt first. Anyway, why don't you savor your muffin at a table over there? I'm getting another customer on the way."

"Righty-o, Pa-Kin." Derpy said flying to another table.

A human girl approached Pa-Kin and brushed back her blonde hair. It's hard to recognize her, but it was the same girl who impersonated a pony and kidnapped Discord.

"Welcome to Pa-Kin's Bakery." Pa-Kin said. "How may I help you?"

"I'd like a..." Iris said. She reacted when she saw a glimpse of Derpy stroking the muffin. She widened her eyes as the pony saw her and waved at her.

"Well?" Pa-Kin asked.

"Uh... on second thought, I'm not that hungry." Iris said nervously. "I'd better... Uh... Actually, I promised my grandpa I'd help out around the house. So I better..." She took one last nervous look at Derpy and left in a hurry.

Derpy changed her face to confused. She then turned to her muffin. "What's that? Well, I'm a little confused about why that girl gave me a strange look. ...I know I never met her, but it feels like I did. ...What's that? I should follow her? I don't know. ...You make a good point. I shall ask her why she's bothered by me... after I eat you." She picked up the muffin and ate it in one bite. She then flew up and away.

Pa-Kin was confused. "Spirits."


The police department was filled with upset citizens. They crowded in front of Chief Beifong's desk and shouted.

"One at a time, people!" Everyone fell silent. "Now then, what seems to be the problem?"

"Our homes haven't been repaired yet!"

"How come only the shops are being repaired first?!"

"If I spend another night in these crowded shelters, I'm going to lose my mind!"

"Citizens, I understand what you're going through." Lin said. "Frankly, if I could have your homes rebuilt first, I would, but President Raiko's in charge of the Expansion Project, so he decides what gets repaired first. In the meantime, all we have to do is wait."

But the crowd didn't wait. They still protested. Suddenly, a black-haired man with a clean face and a pointed chin approached the chief.

"Ah, Mako." Chief Beifong said. "How's your arm?"

"Better actually." Mako said waving his right arm. "I heard you have my brother."

"Right." Chief Beifong said. "Follow me."

Lin and Mako moved past the crowd and got into the other room. Half of the room was filled with empty cells... except for one. The bench of one cell had a boy-ish man with a muscular build and black, messy hair over his head. He was snoring in his sleep.

"Why is Bolin in a cell?" Mako asked.

"Only place we can rest him while I deal with the mob." Lin said.

"Is he all right?" Mako asked approaching the cell.

"Not to worry. He's in perfect health." Lin said.

"Mako?"

Mako and Chief Beifong turned and saw Korra and Asami in front of the crowd.

"Korra!" Mako shouted. "Asami! Where have you been?"

"It's a long story." Asami said. "The point is, we've got some new friends you got to meet."

Suddenly, the Mane 6 and Spike appeared. The crowd got confused when they saw them. They began whispering at each other.

"Nothing to see here." Twilight exclaimed. "We're just... a few spirits with the Avatar."

"Right." Fluttershy said. "Nothing suspicious about us."

They entered the cell room and closed the door behind them.

"Yeah, we've got some explaining to do." Asami said. "See, a friend of theirs has been kidnapped and we have to save him."

"Look, kids, as much as I would like to help you find the spirits' friend, I..." Lin said.

"They're not spirits." Korra said. "It's a long story, but we need all the help we can get. The Red Lotus are back."

"What?" Mako gasped with the same shocked expression as Lin. "That's impossible. Zaheer's been defeated."

"Apparently, Zaheer wasn't the leader as we thought." Korra said. "Look, these ponies have a friend who's forced to do whatever the Red Lotus says unless we free him. To do that, we'll need all the help we can get and..." She stopped when she saw Mako's brother in the jail cell. "Why is Bolin behind bars?"

"Don't ask." Chief Beifong said. "Last night, I got a call about a disturbance. I followed it and found the kid unconcious on the floor. We brought him in here to keep him comfortable."

"Last time I heard from him," Mako explained, "Bolin was taking Opal on a date."

Suddenly, Bolin jolted awake. "Opal?!"

"AAHHH!" Pinkie Pie screamed. "IT'S A ZOMBIE!"

"No, Pinkie." Korra said nervously. "That's just Bolin, alive and well."

"Bolin, what happened?" Asami asked.

"I... don't know." Bolin strained rubbing the back of his head. "I can't remember anything that happened last night, except..." He gasped loudly in fear. "THEY'VE GOT HER! THEY'VE HAS TAKEN OPAL!"


Iris ran into the warehouse and approached the Red Eye and Lok. She breathed heavily.

"Ah, Iris." the Red Eye said. "I was beginning to worry you'd never return. Say, where are my pies?"

"Forget the pies, Red Eye!" Iris shouted. "I saw an Equestrian in this world!"

"What?" Lok gasped. "Are you sure?"

"Believe me." Iris said. "I know exactly the pony I saw and she is not someone you'd easily forget. She's got the brains of a platypus-bear, that one."

"Iris, what's your point?" the Red Eye asked.

"If one pony made it here, that means Discord's friends might be here too." Iris said.

"No doubt they'll have joined forces with the Avatar by now." the Red Eye groaned.

"We've got to do something." Iris said. "If they find us here, they won't just get the box back; they'll find out about Miles."

"Wait." the Red Eye said changed his expression to excited. "Maybe... that's exactly what we need."

"Sir?" Lok asked.

"Three years ago, after Zaheer and his gang escaped, I charged him with ending the Avatar Cycle." the Red Eye said. "Obviously, he failed. Perhaps if she arrives, we'll show her what Miles is made of. And once she enters the Avatar State, that will be my chance to end her."

"And Princess Twilight Sparkle will be there too." Iris said. "We can hit two birds with one stone."

"Hey!" Lok screamed. "That is not my favorite expression! But one last thing: how do we know if they'll find us anyway?"

"Oh, I'm sure they'll find us with the airbender's boyfriend will know where to find us." the Red Eye said. "The main thing is, we get ready for the Avatar and the little ponies."