• Published 21st Feb 2015
  • 1,781 Views, 48 Comments

The Legend of Korra Book 5: Chaos - Epicdiscord214



Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world. Now... she can't do it alone.

  • ...
8
 48
 1,781

Rise of the Evil King

In the morning, Tenzin and his family, a few airbenders, Team Avatar, Varrick and Zhu Li stood around a large table with the Equestrians.

"Really, everyone, you don't have to go through all this trouble." Twilight said.

"Yes, we did." Tenzin said. "After all, it's the least we can do after what you've been through."

"You're telling me." Timberwolf said. "I never thought I'd be terrified of having real flesh and happy to be made of cold, hard steel. At least with steel, I can put myself back together after I fall apart."

"If I hear myself bark one last time, I'm going to lose my mind." Devastator said.

"Sorry you have to go." Meelo said.

"Oh, don't worry, little one." Applejack said. "Who knows? Maybe we'll return someday."

"So..." Miles said. "How do you expect to return to your homes?"

"Before we left our Equestria, the Doctor told us how." the Masked Matterhorn said. "He said that if Princess Twilight and I combined our magic, we can enchant the Spirit Portal to take us back."

"Well, how do plan to come back, if you do?" Korra asked.

"Jinora gave us a book." Twilight said. "When I place it on top of my mirror, I can access the portal to enter your world."

"That's wonderful." Bolin said.

"Excuse me." Hum Drum said standing on his chair. He held up a glass and tapped on the rim with a spoon. Everyone turned their attention to him. "I have a few things to say. First off, we've all had a lot of involvement with the Red Lotus, which means we've been involved with Grogar as well, an evil older than all of us. All my life, I've been accidentally giving the wrong people what they want. Now, it's great to help the right people. To us."

"To us!" everyone cheered as they raised their glasses high.

Hum Drum sat back down next to Discord, who looked at the costumed dragon sternly.

"Nice speech... Red Eye." Discord whispered. No one else could hear what they were saying. "Tell me something, Xai Bau; how come you're not exposing yourself today like you said you would?"

"No, no, no." Xai Bau said out of Hum Drum's scaly lips. "Your friends are planning to leave in front of public. Now, what could be sweeter than them saying good-bye to each other... in front of an entire world... a second away from ending their perfect rescue story... only to find out that they changed absolutely nothing to stop it?"

"You're insane." Discord said. "And I know insane. How do you expect me to take the pieces in public? As soon as my pony and human friends put two and two together, they'll knock those pieces out of your stolen claws before you can stay 'Discord, stop them'."

"You remember those Mighty Machine mechas we built?" Xai Bau asked. "Well, what if I told you that the White Lotus didn't capture all of them? I got something special in store just for them. I refuse to lose to a bunch of ponies."

"String." Discord said.

"What?" Xai Bau asked.

"A group of ponies is called a string." Discord said.

"I don't care what they're called." Xai Bau groaned. "Just stand by for my orders. Remember, as long as I hold Pandora's Box, you do what I say."

"What are they talking about?" Varrick asked looking at Discord and Hum Drum talking. "I'm telling you, Zhu Li, I'll never understand that Discord fella, and that goes double for Anar D. Can you imagine talking to a sweet-talking, crazy man?"

"I'm sure she can imagine." Anar D asked out of nowhere. "So... what are you going to name your child?"

"Should we even start talking about what we'll name our kid?" Varrick asked.

"Hey, I think it's great to think ahead." Anar D said. "I've done it a fair few times. I'm just saying, the kid should have her name, even if it is early."

"Her?" Zhu Li asked. "What do you mean, her?"

"You're getting a girl." Anar D said. "Trust me. I can tell."

"Really?" Varrick asked. "You know, my Grandma Tak used to tell me, 'Varrick, if you don't know the future, you'll end up with a frying pan on your face'."

"Your grandma said that?" Zhu Li asked.

"Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Anar D said.


In front of the new Spirit Portal, a large group of people stood above the crater taking pictures of Team Avatar and the Equestrians. They were shined upon by the Spirit Portal's glow while spirits watched them from the side. Shirong was there watching Twilight Sparkle and Korra shake each other's hand and hoof. Tirek was behind the Equestrians all chained up and muffled.

"Thanks for helping us." Korra said.

"Thanks for saving Discord with us." Twilight said. She turned to her double. "And thanks for helping us when we needed you. Thanks to you all, I realized there are limitless possibilities to worlds. I wonder what other worlds we might see in the future."

"I can answer that." Hum Drum said stepping out of the Power Ponies. "See, I can only think of one world we might be able to go to now..." He grinned. "Tambelon."

"Tambelon?" the Shadow Blot asked. "Hum Drum, that place is gone. What makes you think..."

"Discord, take the pieces." Hum Drum commanded pulling Pandora's Box out from under his cape.

Hanging his head down, Discord snapped his eagle claw. Applejack's hat hovered from her mane and floated towards Hum Drum. Hum Drum placed his claw into the hat and pulled out the old ball with the hole.

"Hey!" the cowgirl gasped. "What gives?"

Suddenly, Mako's bag opened up on its own. The big bell piece floated and landed in Hum Drum's claws.

"What's going on?" Mako asked.

Masque's metal head started to shake. The metal, hollow cylinder slid out of his metal hair. He tried to grab it, but he couldn't reach it in time.

"WHOA, DON'T BREAK THAT!" Masque shouted. "THAT'S A COLLECTOR'S ITEM!"

"At last!" Hum Drum shouted with a devilish form of joy in his voice as he caught the cylinder. "After 70 years, I've gathered them all."

"Wait." Dusk said. "70 years? Don't tell me you're..."

"Xai Bau." Discord confessed. "He switched minds with Hum Drum at the last second." Tirek smiled under his muffle.

"OH, COME ON!" Rainbow Dash shouted. "WE JUST BEAT HIM!"

"You thought you did." Xai Bau said. "Don't you know? The Red Eye never fails."

"You monster!" Radiance shouted. "Have you no soul?!"

"Discord, why would..." Rodan started to ask. He then created a blank look. "He took it again, didn't he?"

"Yep." Discord replied.

"Get him!" Twilight shouted.

"Uh, uh, uh." Xai Bau said pulling out a remote button from underneath Hum Drum's cape. The sight of it made the citizens gasp in fear. "You're a little preoccupied at the moment." He raised Hum Drum's thumb and pressed it against the button.

Everyone ducked in expecting a large explosion nearby. When nothing happened, they raised their heads. Before they could say anything, they heard a loud roar. At that moment, a loud crash came from a nearby street. A metal arm and claw the size of a building reached out. Following, a great, big wirewolf with red eyes and wiring climbed out. The sight of it made Xai Bau smile.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" everyone screamed.

"What did you do?" the Shadow Blot asked aggressively.

"It's a back-up plan I had." Xai Bau said. "I had that thing built with a wild wiring system. It'll wreck everything it sees."

"Where did you find the time?!" Spike asked. "You had the Mighty Machines for only one day!"

"I need a few minutes to put the bell together." Xai Bau said. "You can try to stop me, or you all can stop the giant wirewolf mech. Your choice."

The heroes gave a horrible look at the villain. They turned and headed towards the mech leaving Xai Bau, Tirek, and Discord alone with the bell pieces.

The humans, ponies, and wirewolves spun all around the big wirewolf. Any attempt the weapon had would only be close to striking against them. The heroes fired every form of bending, magic, super-powers, or otherwise against the mech. It kept stumbling back.

Meanwhile, at the Spirit Portal crater, Discord was ordered to release Tirek. The centaur rubbed his wrists and chin as he approached his partner.

"Well played, Xai Bau." Tirek said.

"Thank you, Tirek." Xai Bau said. "Now, I believe it's best to finish our job."

"You're going to present yourself to Grogar in that body?" Tirek asked.

Xai Bau looked up and down on the body he was possessing and rubbed Hum Drum's chin. "You have a point." He held up Discord's box. "Discord, you may release Hum Drum now."

Sighing, Discord pulled out the orange orb and threw it to the hard vines below their feet. The orb broke and an orange smoke flowed out. When it cleared, it looked like Xai Bau's body, but it was clear that it was actually Hum Drum in there. Xai Bau pointed Hum Drum's claws toward him and chanted, "Chizan, relku!"

Two different-colored streams of light shined from each other and they shook. Their eyes glowed and when they dimmed, Hum Drum's face was full of fright and the Red Eye's grew an evil grin. It was clear that they had changed back to their own bodies.

"Perfect!" the Red Eye said. "Now, to finish this!"

"As soon as I get that box back, I'll have Discord take your power away!" Hum Drum shouted.

"Stop talking." Tirek said.

"Wait." Xai Bau said. "He just said something smart. Discord's more powerful than I can ever be. If he breaks loose again, everything I made him do will be undone. Unless..." He grinned.

"Now, don't get any ideas, pal." Discord said nervously. "You can't kill me, you know.'"

"I know!" Xai Bau shouted. "But that's not what I want! I want you to change me into the most powerful draconequus... IN THE MULTIVEEEEEEERSE! HAHAHA!"

Discord panicked, but knew he had no choice. He covered his eyes and aimed his lion paw. With one blast from it, Xai Bau's body parts changed differently. He grew fangs and a long lion tail. His arms changed into that of a tiger and a lizard. His legs transformed into a bull's and a cheetah's. His torso became a puma's and the wings on the back were the same: an condor's. Lostly, his head became a dragon's. He rose up and laughed.

"THE POWER OF CHAOS IS MIIIIIIINE!" Xai Bau shouted loud enough to get Korra and Twilight's attention. They couldn't believe what they saw while they were fighting the wirewolf mech.

"EVERYONE, WE HAVE TO FINISH THIS NOW!" Twilight shouted.

"I GOT THIS!" Korra shouted.

Korra closed her eyes and breathed. She opened her eyes, but they had a bright, white light shining from them. She raised her arms and struck them towards the mech. All four elements formed and struck the giant wirewolf. All that was left were the lights going out and a large hole in its chest. It stumbled back and fell on the street. Everyone stared at Korra losing her glow and landing softly.

"How did..." Rainbow Dash asked.

"Not now." Twilight said. "We've got to stop them!"

Meanwhile, at the Spirit Portal crater...

"Now then..." Xai Bau hovered the bell pieced and spun them around each other. As soon as the cylinder slipped into the ball's hole, a black spark flew out. The rest of the bell came to the cylinder and a large blast of black lightning blasted out. Hum Drum ducked behind Discord who had created an umbrella and opened it as a shield.

The humans and Equestrians returned, but it was too late. A bright blast of black colors nearly blinded them. When they regained their sights back, there were five figures in front of the Spirit Portal. Four of them, they already know, but the fifth wasn't there before the black flash.

The figure stood up straight and everyone, even the citizens were afraid of what they were looking at. He had light-and-dark-blue fur, cloven hooves, dark-blue antlers spiraling from his head, and the Bell of Darkness hooked to a collar around his neck. He opened his red eyes and growled as he observed Republic City and everyone in it.

"Hello, my peons

After some eons

I've finally returned

Struggling in shadows

Now, everyone knows

What they should've learned

The dark cannot

Leave forever

The darkness cannot die

Every light you've got

Even together

Isn't worth the try

You're nothing

You amount to nothing

Now that you've realized

All you've fantasized

Have only become dreams

You cannot awake

None of this is fake

It's exactly what it seems

All your effort

Does not adjust

Your inevitable fate

Fall to the dirt

And kiss the dust

You cannot escape

You did nothing

Nothing has changed at all

So..."

Suddenly, his horns glowed and black lightning shot out. They kept striking at random spots. All the citizens ran away and the heroes kept dodging.

"GO AHEAD! RUN AWAY

THIS, I COMMAND

SAY YOUR PRAYERS! STRAIGHT YOUR AFFAIRS

WHAT CAN YOU SAY

NO MIRACLES! NO ESCAPE

IT'LL BE EVERYWHERE

DO NOT FIGHT! IT WON'T CHANGE

EVERYONE WILL PAY

THIS TIME, THE BIRD OF PARADISE

CAN'T COME TO THE RESCUE

NO MORE DAYS! NO MORE CHANCE

THERE'S NO MORE HOPE

I'M THE KING! I'LL HAVE ORDER

NOW, THERE ARE BAD DAYS AHEAD

THE FUTURE'S WRITTEN IN RED

FROM NOW ON, FRIENDSHIP IS DEAD

DEAD

DEAD

DEEEAAAD"

The lightning stopped and the fifth figure breathed in as the heroes saw him.

"All this devastation

Will lead to my creation

I've come so far

I refuse to lose it

To those who can't use it

Now, comes King Grogar

ALL HAIL GROGAAAAAAAAAR"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!" Masque laughed loudly. "SERIOUSLY?! THAT'S THE GUY WE'VE BEEN WORRYING ABOUT?! THAT'S GROGAR; A BIG, BLUE RAM?!"

"Do not mock him!" Tirek growled. "He is the king of Tambelon!"

"Right, right, right." Masque scoffed wiping his eye. "Watch this. Hey, billy goat, nice antlers! How many channels do you get with those?"

Grogar glared at Masque and his red eyes glowed. Quick as a flash, his eyes blasted and hit Masque. He knocked back and groaned when he stopped rolling back.

"I don't think that's a PBS network." Anar D said.

"So this is a new world." Grogar growled. "It's a lot different in person."

"Grogar!" Twilight shouted. "I am Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship! I request your surrender!"

"Stop asking, Twilight!" Rainbow Dash shouted. "This guy's the cause of a lot of our problems! You don't ask!"

Rainbow Dash then flew toward Grogar. The ram turned his head and suddenly, Rainbow Dash turned around. She hit the ground and rolled over.

"I... What happened?" Rainbow Dash awkwardly.

"You poor, simple fools!" Grogar said. "Thinking you could defeat me! I am the king of Tambelon! And soon, I will also rule the entire Multiverse! Observe!" He turned his head up and dark clouds started to spiral above Republic City. Hard winds blew past everyone.

Discord changed into a mime outfit and tried to stand against the wing. "It's like walking against ze wind, no?" Discord asked in a French accent.

"All around us and always exists," Grogar chanted, "Bring forth an urge that no one resists. Bring forth he I waited to meet now I'm free. Summon the embodiment of time right before me!"

Suddenly, a bright flash of light illuminated in front of Grogar. When it dimmed, the Doctor stood with a stern face not noticing the wind blowing past his mane.

"DOCY, RUN!" Derpy shouted.

"I can handle this, Derpy!" the Doctor shouted. "So, Grogar, we meet again."

"Indeed." Grogar said. "And this time, I will succeed."

"Even if you do take my powers again," the Doctor stated, "They will be useless to your plans as long as friendship exists."

"Then I will make sure it doesn't exist!" Grogar said.

Grogar turned his bell up and let go. As the bell swung, it made that ringing sound. "Ding, ding, ding."

All of a sudden, the Doctor groaned loudly and an orange light flew from him. It flew until it reached the Bell of Darkness. When it was done, the Doctor collapsed on his side and the winds stopped blowing. Everyone ran to the Doctor as he was heavily breathing while Grogar, Xai Bau, and Tirek nodded at each other. Derpy held up the Doctor's head as he had a hard time breathing.

"We've got to stop them!" Zapp shouted. "They're about to enter the portal!"

"NO!" Derpy shouted. "WE'VE GOT TO SAVE HIM! DOCTOR, WHAT'S WRONG?!"

"My... power..." the Doctor said. "I told you... my power is an extension of me. Now... I don't have it anymore."

"No!" Derpy gasped. "Maybe we can..."

"It... It's all right, Derpy." the Doctor breathed while stroking Derpy's mane. "I've... been through this before. I... just need my power back. Release it from..." His eyes closed slowly and he stopped breathing. Then, his entire body turned gray and he started to crumble. The Doctor crumbled apart and turned into a pile of dust that Derpy shed tears on.

"This... is all... YOUR FAULT!" Korra shouted. Her eyes glowed again and she floated with strong winds.

"May I test out my new powers on them, master?" Xai Bau asked.

"No." Grogar said. "This annoyance, I'll handle on my own."

Grogar's eyes blasted toward Korra. She struck the ground and an Earth wall shielded her. Twilight Sparkle, Zapp, and the Masked Matterhorn flew over. Zapp pointed her amulet and a large burst of lightning that the Masked Matterhorn and Twilight blasted with their magic. Grogar blasted the lightning and a large explosion erupted between them. Grogar jumped through the smoke and struck the ponies to the ground in surprise.

Grogar looked back and saw Devastator starting to take a deep breath. His mouth opened and a strung pull was heading into it. Grogar was at the front feeling the force.

"Whoa!" Discord said. "Let me be the first to say that that guy really..."

"Language." Fluttershy interrupted.

"Uh... eats really well." Discord said nervously.

As soon as Grogar reached the front of Devastator's mouth, he lit his eyes and blasted the inside. Devastator screamed as he tried to blow the sudden fire out of his mouth. Grogar turned and saw Discord and Anar D heading towards him on horses.

"FILL YOUR HOOVES, YOU SON OF A GUN!" they shouted at once.

Grogar stared at the ground they were going to step over and squinted. Suddenly, the vines on the ground rose up around the draconequui and tightened.

"Not cool." Discord said.

"Yeah, but you gotta admire his gardening skills." Anar D said.

Suddenly, Grogar saw Team Avatar trying to strike at him. Suddenly, with a glow of his eyes, Grogar lifted Asami from the ground and levitated her in front of him.

"Thank you for your service, Ms. Sato," Grogar growled, "But it seems that our business is going to have to take a different direction. Now then, whelps, if you value this child's life, you'll let us leave without a fuss."

"I'll leave my foot up your..." Miles shouted.

"No." Korra said. "He's right. We can't risk Asami getting hurt."

"Korra, no!" Asami shouted. "Don't worry about me! You've got to stop..." Suddenly, Asami's mouth changed into a zipper that Xai Bau closed shut.

"You talk to much."

"Where... where are the Harmony Gems?" the Masked Matterhorn asked. "Where are they?"

"Last I saw, Mr. Good-Looking was holding onto them." Anar D said pointing at his double.

"Discord!" the Shadow Blot said. "Where are the Harmony Gems? They might be the only things that can stop Grogar now!"

"They're..." Discord said nervously, "In my box... which Xai Bau is holding."

"Ooh, goodie." Xai Bau said. "That wasn't intentional. That was just an unexpected bonus."

"What's it going to be?" Grogar asked.

Asami muffled loudly, but Korra and Twilight looked at each other and made their decision.

"We'll let you go," Korra said, "But only if you let Asami go."

"A wise choice." Grogar said dropping Asami and turning towards the Spirit Portal. He, Tirek, and Xai Bau faced the portal while the leader blasted the portal making it change into a black color.

"And one more thing," Xai Bau said holding up Pandora's Box, "If you so happen as follow us through the portal, I'll sick Discord on you. He'll be more savage than Cujo and a wolverine combined. I can't believe I understood that."

The villains stepped forward through the portal and after they went through, the portal changed back into its yellow color.

"Is... is that it?" Rarity asked. "We failed?"

"Looks like it." Mako said.

Suddenly, the silence was broken by Pinkie Pie and Filli-Second's crying.

"BUT WE'RE STILL SO YOUNG!" Pinkie Pie sobbed pulling out a handkerchief and blowing into it.

"THIS IS HORRIBLE!" Filli-Second cried blowing into the same.

"They're right!" Bolin panicked. "I can't live in a world where no one's friendly!"

"Remember the old saying," Dusk said, "'When the going gets tough, the tough gets going'."

"Uh, oh!" Rainbow Dash gasped looking afar. "Don't look now, but it looks like Grogar left a little surprise!"

Everyone looked where Rainbow Dash was pointing and saw an endless, black cloud with a thunderous roar.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Bolin shouted.

"LIKE YOU SAID, DUSK," Timberwolf shouted, "LET'S GET GOING!"

Everyone tried to run, but they saw the black smoke circling them from every possible direction. In just a few minutes, the smoke blew through the buildings and the giant wirewolf mech and reached the spirit crater. The last one standing was Twilight and Korra, who closed their eyes awaiting whatever might happen before it got completely dark.

Author's Note:

What happened to our heroes? The answer will be revealed in the next chapter. Anyway, I don't know if it's a little random for Xai Bau to have been turned into a draconequus, but I've got his defeat planned out and it has to involve him being a draconequus. One more thing: the song featured here is based off of "Slipping" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.