• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 4,953 Views, 41 Comments

My Little Human - Merotik



After discovering a human baby boy, Princess Celestia takes the child under her wing and raises him as her own. Yet, she knows humans don't belong in their world and one day she have to decide whether to keep him, or send him back to where he belongs

  • ...
12
 41
 4,953

Farewell, Glee Sunrise

Night had fallen over Canterlot castle, for Celestia had just finished setting the sun. She had made her way downstairs from her bedchambers and into the throne room. Currently, she was sitting at her throne, waiting for the guards to make their return. She took a sip of tea that had a pinch of relaxation potion within its contents (she had been very stressed recently, today was by far the worse), and as she did so, she heard the sounds of hoof steps approaching the throne room door, as well as muffled voices that were shouting. Celestia was able to figure out one of the voices immediately.

As the voices came closer, a guard entered the throne room.

"We have retrieved him, your highness" said that guard, as he gave a bow.

"Good, bring him in" said Celestia.

The throne room door opened, and as it did so, the throne room was filled echoed shouts, coming from the one that the guards had just captured.

He was a five foot tall thirteen year old boy. He was very scrawny and wore green ragged sweat pants, brown boots, and no shirt. His hair was dyed black and had grown to shoulder length. It was very messy and greasy (he had stopped taking care of his hair a while ago). He had cuts and bruises on several parts of his torso ('he most likely fought with the guards' Celestia assumed), and had his hands and feet cuffed in shackles.

"I told you to lay your hoofs off!" he shouted, swiping his arms away from the guards.

"Where is your shirt, young man?" asked Celestia.

He turned to Celestia, giving her a devious smile, "it was hot tonight, you can't expect me to be fully clothed when its hot".

"You know you have to be fully clothed Glee" said Celestia.

"But ponies don't have to wear clothes, so why should I?"

"Because your not a pony, and you know why you have to wear clothes, now put your shirt back on" Celestia demanded.

A nearby guard threw a shirt into Glee's chest, and removed the shackles that held his hands together.

Reluctantly, he put it on, "fine, whatever!"

While Glee was putting on his shirt, Celestia asked sarcastically, "So, did you enjoy your time with that cult again, Glee?"

When Glee had finished putting on his shirt, he gave Celestia another devious smile and asked, "so mom, how's your night been?"

"I think you know how my nights been Glee!" said Celestia angrily.

Glee shook his head and tsked at Celestia, "nope, sorry I don't think I do know, seeing that the only time I get to talk to you is when you have your goons in shinning armor come after me, no offense to you Shinning Armor, well, I guess technically you can take double the offense sense your both a goon, and your names Shinning Armor!" ,Glee said this in a mocking sort of tone.

Shinning Armor, who was standing at his post near the door gave him an angry look, but didn't respond.

Glee chuckled, "fine, be that way, none of you talk to me any way so I'm forced to go and find those who will, speaking of which, thanks for lowering the sun mom, you made it a lot easier for my friends and I to break into that house, it being dark and all. But do you think you could have less stars next time? Cause I'm pretty sure that's why mister buck nasty over here caught us" as he said this, he gave a nod to the guard standing closest to him.

"Glee! What did I say about using that type of language!" Celestia shouted.

Glee chuckled, "oh come on, there just words, its not like they can hurt any pony" , Glee then turned to the guard he called buck nasty. "Isn't that right buck nasty? You don't mind if I call you buck nasty, do you buck nasty?" Glee said this to the guard as if he was a puppy.

The guard sneered at Glee, but said nothing.

Glee turned back to Celestia, "see? He doesn't mind".

"Glee, that's enough! You are not allowed to call any pony by those vulgar words any more! And what's this I hear about you and that cult trying to break into Filthy Riches house?" asked Celestia.

Glee groaned, "you call them a cult like its a bad thing" he complained.

"I've told you to stay away from them Glee! The rattlesnakes are a very dangerous cult who like to recruit fillies and teenagers into their groups and turn them-"

"And turn them into thieves and muggers, yadey yadey, yada! You can call them what you want, but their my friends, and making friends is important, isn't that right mom?" Glee interupted, mockingly.

"Those so called friends of yours had just tried to get you to break into the house of one of the most richest ponies in Equestria, if Brave Stone hadn't found you-"

"You mean if he hadn't arrested me?" Glee interrupted.

"You could have been in worse trouble then you've ever been in in your life! Don't you understand what kind of consequences you could have faced?" Celestia shouted.

Glee sighed, "well, the thing is is that, I was planning on getting myself caught doing something big, something grand, something amazing! I wanted to get caught doing something awesome! Seeing that tonight's the night that I, well, move away".

Celestia understood what Glee meant, "and you thought that just because of that, you could get away with your crime?"

Glee shrugged, "eh, pretty much".

Celestia sighed, "I raised you better then this-"

"Oh really? Cause last time I checked, you stopped raising me since I was ten. The last three years you and every pony else has just pretended that I don't matter! The last three birthdays, nothing! Not even you showed up! Every time I was sick, I had to take care of myself! I had to teach myself, feed myself, bathe myself, wait I'm supposed to do that anyways, but you get the point! So for you to sit there on your "all mighty princess throne" and tell me that you raised me better, all I've got to say is ha! Bull, ship!" Glee interrupted.

The guards around Glee looked at him in disgust.

Celestia stared at Glee angrily, "if I hadn't found you when you were a baby, who knows what could have happened".

Glee smiled at her and said softly, "then maybe you should have just left me there".

Celestia and Glee stared at each other for a few seconds, before Celestia turned her head to take another sip of tea. When she had finished, she stood up, and began walking to Glee.

"If you feel that way, then I guess you wouldn't mind leaving into the human world, would you?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah, I guess I wouldn't" Glee responded angrily.

Celestia approached Glee, and used her magic to unlock the shackles that held Glee's feet together.

"I want you in the basement in half an hour, understand?" Celestia asked.

Glee nodded, "yeah, sure, I understand perfectly well, not like there's anything left here for me any ways".

Glee turned and began walking to the throne door. As he was about to exit, he turned to Celestia, "Hey, mom".

"What is it?" Celestia asked.

"Well, I just, just wanted to say that I... I..." ,before Glee could finish, his eye's began to tear up, and he turned away.

"Never mind!" he said angrily, slamming the door and running down the hall.

Celestia sighed, and returned to her throne. As she sat down, Lyra appeared from out of no where.

"Need another one?" she asked, offering Celestia another tea filled with relaxation potion.

"Oh! Oh my goodness, you startled me! Thank you Lyra" said Celestia, accepting the drink from Lyra and taking a sip.

"So, today's the day huh?" Lyra asked.

"Indeed it is" said Celestia, sadly.

It had been three year ever since Celestia told the staff and guards that they could no longer interact with Glee. Glee had changed very much ever since. Glee hadn't shown any sign of changing at first, for months he tried to get all of the staffs attention. He tried in every sort of way to get any pony at all to interact with him, to speak to him, anything. Yet, it was no use, the staff had continued to obey the princess's orders and not acknowledge Glee in any sort of way.

Eventually, Glee had become desperate, so desperate that when he was twelve he had tried to attack one of the cleaning ponies, forcing the guards to stop him. Then, Glee noticed that the staff and guards began to pay more attention to him when he got himself caught into trouble, so that's exactly what he did. He stopped taking care of his clothes, causing all of his shirts and pants to be in awful condition (his clothes practically looked like rags). He had stopped taking care of his hair when he was twelve, and when Celestia had lectured him about this, he decided to dye his hair black and grow it out of spite. He befriended a group of diamond backs when he was twelve (diamonds backs are the name given to teens who will soon be joining the rattlesnakes cult) and had been in serious trouble ever since.

It started out small, pick pocketing ponies, stealing from food stands, that sort of thing. Eventually, Glee had started breaking into and robbing homes. After Celestia discovered this, she had decided to investigate Glee's room. He wasn't allowed to leave the castle, and the guards did an excellent job making sure that he didn't leave, so how was he getting out at night, and how did he even meet the diamond backs? Although Celestia never found out how Glee became friends with the diamond backs, Celestia did find out that Glee had somehow carved secret tunnels under his bed that lead him to the outside of the castle (Celestia and her guards eventually found the exit on the front yard of the castle, it took them a while to find it because they couldn't enter the tunnel to see where it led, Glee made it big enough so that only HE could fit through). After discovering this, Glee had all of his possessions taken away, including his bed (everything except a stuffed teddy bear that Glee had grown attached to). When Glee was thirteen, he kept himself out of trouble long enough so that he could obtain all of his possessions back, and tonight was the first night in a long time that Glee had really gotten himself into trouble.

Glee had changed so much since then, he was still full of energy, but his energy always seemed negative. He would mock and make fun of ponies, and he would pull lots of pranks on them. He would graffiti on the walls of the castle (and in Canterlot if he gets the chance to). He was also very rude and vulgar to every pony he came in contact to, he was no longer the gentleman the he had grown to be in the past.

All and all, Glee had appeared to hate everything around him, so it would seem that Celestia's plan worked. Now, it was time to finish her plan once and for all.

It had been exactly three and a half years since Sunset Shimmers had disappeared into the portal to the human world, now the portal would reopen for twenty four hours, and Glee would be sent off to the human world forever.

These past three years have been very difficult on Celestia, but it would all be worth it in the end as long as Glee could find a better life within the human world.

"How are you feeling?" Lyra asked, placing a hoof on her shoulder.

"Very distressed, but, its almost over" said Celestia, as she gave Lyra a weak grin.

"What are you gonna do after its over?" asked Lyra.

Celestia's grin quickly faded, "I'm not to sure. Glee will be where he belongs, so I guess I'll just... have to move on. Things will go the way they used to back before Glee was ever around.Or at least for another five years it will".

"What's happening in five years?" Lyra asked.

"Don't worry about it, just... some pony I haven't seen in a long time should be returning by then" Celestia explained.

"Are you and this pony close?" Lyra asked.

Celestia thought about whether she should tell Lyra or not, but decided that it would be best for every pony not to know about Luna's return just yet.

"Yes she is very close"

"Do you wanna tell me who this pony is?" Lyra asked.

"Why don't we start heading off into the basements now. Perhaps I'll tell you another time" said Celestia.

"Um, sure, if that's what you wanna do then, off to the basements we go!" said Lyra.

Celestia, Lyra, and four guards began to make there way down to the castle basements.

The castle basements were cold and musty. The walls contained no paint or wall paper, so the bare brick stones were fully exposed. The basements were mostly used for storage, emergencies, and various other things, the most important of which being located in the room at the far end of the basement. The portal to the human world.

Celestia used her magic to open the steel, wooden door, revealing a large purple mirror with purple diamonds encrusted into it. It sat in the middle of the empty room. The glass of the mirror glowed, indicating that the portal was open.

"Everything is ready your highness. Glee may proceed through the mirror" said the guard named Brave Stone

"Thank you Brave Stone. Is Glee ready?" Celestia asked.

"I have one of my men keeping watch on Glee as he packs his things. He'll bring him down as soon as he finishes" said Brave Stone.

"Very good, now, lets get this over with".

"Are you sure you wanna go through with this?" Lyra asked.

"If I wasn't sure about this then the last three years would have been for the nothing. Yes I am sure, and, I'm ready" said Celestia.

All six ponies waited for Glee to arrive, with all of his possessions packed and ready.

Celestia felt her heart beat fast, she tried to keep focus on the door opening any second, revealing Glee with his things. Yet, Celestia felt weak, and dizzy. All those years spent with Glee, raising him, taking care of him, loving him, all of this was about to end, and it was going to end with Glee hating her. This much stress was overwhelming for Celestia, she hadn't felt this way ever since she had to banish Luna to the moon. It felt like she was doing it all over again, except this time, she was banishing Glee to the human world. She knew she wasn't really banishing him, that she was sending him off to where he belonged, so, why did it feel like she was banishing him?

Celestia began to breath in and out slowly and would extend her fore leg in and out as she did so, hoping to relax her self, and as she did so, she thought about the first time she taught Glee this trick.

[FLASHBACK]

"Do you have all of your school supplies packed?" asked Celestia.

Celestia and Glee had just arrived at the school, it was Glee's first day of kindergarten and Celestia wanted to talk to Glee's teacher before leaving him for the morning.

"Yes mommy" said Glee shyly, he held his bag up to his nose, keeping his face hidden.

"What's the matter Glee? You were so excited to go to school you were practically bouncing off the walls, why do you not seem so exited anymore?" asked Celestia.

As Celestia and Glee exited the royal coach, Glee tried to hide behind Celestia.

"I'm scared" said Glee.

"Of what Glee?" Celestia asked.

Glee used his hand to motion to Celestia that he wanted to whisper something in her ear. Celestia bent her head forward close enough to allow Glee to whisper to her.

"What if every pony's mean to me?" Glee whispered.

Celestia gave Glee a smile, and whispered back, "if you want to make friends, then you have to give them a chance. They may seem scary because you don't know them, but they deserve the chance to show you who they really are. You just need to be brave and let them show you".

"But what if I can't be brave?" Glee asked.

Celestia looked around, pretending to make sure that no pony was listening. "Do you want me to tell you a super secret trick to make yourself brave?" Celestia asked.

Glee nodded, excitedly.

"Very well, but if I tell you this, then you have to share this trick to some pony else who is also scared some day, understand?" asked Celestia.

Glee nodded again.

"Good, in that case, here is the super secret brave pony trick!" Celestia said as Glee gasped from excitement. "First, you place you fore leg against your chest like this (Celestia demonstrated with her own foreleg), you don't have fore legs so you'll use your arms instead".

"Like this?" Glee asked, as he placed his arm in the correct position.

"Yes, that's it, now, your going to breath in and out slowly, and when you breath out, extend your arm away from your chest. When you breath in, bring your arm back to your chest. Keep dong this until you feel relaxed" Celestia explained.

Glee looked at Celestia confused, "but mommy, how will this make me a brave pony?"

"If you keep yourself relaxed, then you can accomplish even the scariest of tasks. Super brave ponies do this all time. Why don't you try it?" asked Celestia.

Glee nodded, and began to do exactly what Celestia had taught him. After doing this four or five times, he looked at Celestia and smiled.

"I feel like a brave pony now!" Glee exclaimed.

Celestia chuckled, "good, because its time for the brave pony to start school, are you ready to make some friends?"

Glee began hopping up and down excitedly, "Yeah!" ,Glee shouted.

[FLASHBACK ENDS]

'Glee was so much smaller back then' Celestia thought. The pain in her chest had suddenly gotten worse.

Thinking of the past was only going to make this ordeal a whole lot worse then it already is, so Celestia decided to keep her focus on the door, and her breathing (which by now she had started breathing heavily from stress).

Time seemed to pass by very slowly while they waited in that room. Half an hour had started to feel like much longer then it was. If Celestia didn't know better, she'd say that-

"Brave Stone, how long did you say it would take for that guard to bring Glee here?" asked Celestia.

"I don't think I mention it, your highness" said Brave Stone.

"Well, how long do you think it should have taken" asked Celestia.

"About fifteen minutes" Brave Stone replied.

"And how long has it been?" asked Celestia.

The guard reached into his armor pocket, and pulled out an old fashion pocket watch.

"Its been almost an hour your highness" said Brave Stone.

Celestia was afraid something like this might happen, "what do you thinks keeping them" she asked.

"Don't worry about it princess, I'm sure there just taking there sweet little time walking down here" said Brave Stone.

Suddenly, a voice could be heard from the other side of the basement.

"Glee's escaped! All guards in positions! Glee Sunrise has escaped the castle!"

Brave Stone looked at Celestia, with an "oops, my bad" sort of expression. "Uh... or they might be taking a while because... their not even coming" said Brave Stone, sheepishly.

Celestia immediately bolted out the door, through the basement, and up the stairs.

As she ran up the tower and into Glee's room, she found the guard that had been keeping watch over Glee unconscious, and two medic ponies were helping to revive him.

As Celestia entered, she saw that the entire bed room was in ruin. There was a large burnt circle in the center of the room, and it appeared as if everything in the room had been pushed away from the circle. Everything was either broken or burnt, the only thing in the room that appeared un-damaged was a book shelf that contained lots of books for learning, several books on Phoenix Sprite, a couple of sandwiches and bottles, and an old purple vase that she gave to Glee when he was seven.

'Glee, what did you do?' thought Celestia.

There were several guards in the room, all of them investigating to see where Glee could have gone, one of the guards lifted up Glee's bed (or to be more specific, he picked up the bed frame, since the mattress and blankets had nearly burnt to ash), revealing a hole in the corner of the room.

"Your highness! I think Glee must have escapes through here!"

"Can you enter and follow?" asked Celestia.

The guard shook his head, "negative, he's carved the hole too small for us to fit through".

"Then we mustn't waste time, I want two squads of guards searching Canterlot from the sky, and three squads of guards searching the outer perimeter of the city. If any of you find Glee, bring him to me immediately, un-harmed, if not, then report back to me in half an hour" commanded Celestia.

"Yes, your highness!" obeyed the guard, he and the rest of the guards left the room immediately.

Celestia had ran so fast that Lyra had just barley made it to Glee's room, she was panting when she arrived.

"Sweet Celestia you sure can run!" ,as Lyra was catching her breath, she suddenly noticed the room was practically burnt and destroyed, she also noticed the two medic ponies helping the guard (who had just started waking up at this point).

"What... what happened!?! Where's Glee? Why's his room destroyed? And what happened to him?" Lyra asked, pointing to the guard who was with the medic ponies.

"It appears Glee has escaped, and it would also seem that he.... is dangerous" said Celestia.

"Wait, Glee did this? But, he can't even bench press a metal bar by itself (Lyra knows this because she saw Glee try to exercise one time, it didn't end well) let alone destroy his room and take down a guard. Do you think he used magic?" Lyra asked.

"No, Glee doesn't have magic, I'm not sure exactly what or how he did this, but rest assured I will find out. For now, I need you to go to the castle library and retrieve a map of Equestria as fast as you can and meet me in the throne room, understood" asked Celestia.

Normally Lyra would question why Celestia would need her to retrieve something so quickly, but in the current state they were in she decided not to question and just fallow along. "Sure, I'll meet you in the throne room in five minutes" said Lyra.

Celestia nodded, "good, and hurry".

Lyra nodded and bolted down the hallway.

Before Celestia left, she picked up something off the floor and made her way to the throne room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirty minutes had passed, and just as Celestia had commanded them, the guards had returned from their search. Celestia and Lyra were sitting together at the throne as the guards entered the room.

"No sign of Glee Sunrise your highness. It appears he's not even in Canterlot anymore" the guard reported.

Celestia sighed, "I was afraid of this. In that case I want two squads of guards to make their way to Pony Ville as fast as they can and begin searching there" Celestia commanded.

"Yes your highness!" replied two of the squad leaders. They then immediately rushed their squads out of the throne room and down the hall.

"Why have them search Pony Ville? It takes hours to get there just by train let alone on hoof" asked Lyra.

"Because, if Glee really has escaped from Canterlot, then the first place he'll want to go is Pony Ville. He always wanted to go there, but he never got the chance," said Celestia, sadly. She suddenly turned to Lyra. "Lyra, did you bring the map?" she asked.

Lyra nodded and handed Celestia the map of Equestria, "yup, I got it right here!"

"Good, now we'll have a better chance at finding Glee" said Celestia, as she used her magic to roll out the map, and placed paper weights on each corner to keep it flat.

"How are you supposed to find Glee with a map? Are you going to cross out the areas we've already checked?" Lyra asked.

Celestia shook her head, "no, I'm going to use a spell that'll help track down Glee".

Lyra looked at Celestia, amazed. "Really, wow! I didn't know there was a spell for finding ponies! How come ponies don't use this spell all the time when their searching for each other?" Lyra asked.

"Because the spell only works if you have a map, and you have an item that is most cherished by the one you are searching for" explained Celestia. As she explained this, she used her magic to levitate something from behind her and placed it on the center of the map. It was a partially burnt teddy bear that she had given to Glee when he was two,and he had kept it ever since.

"Wait, if you gave that teddy bear to Glee, then how's this spell going to work? You know, seeing that he doesn't exactly... eh..." ,Lyra paused, thinking of the nicest way to say this. "Appreciate you anymore?".

"Glee still cares for me, even after the way I treated him I can see it in his eye's. Glee still loves me" explained Celestia.

She lit up her horn, and as she did so, the teddy bear began spinning.

"It could take a few minutes, but the spell will activate, and when it does, we'll know exactly where Glee is" said Celestia.

And just like Celestia said, the teddy bear stopped spinning, and slowly levitated in between Canterlot and the Rambling Rock Ruins. The teddy bear began to move slower then a snail, making its way to the ruins.

"He's not going to Pony Ville, he must've know we would try to locate him there, GUARDS!" Celestia shouted.

Two guards immediately rush through the throne room doors and in front of the throne.

"You summoned us, your highness?" one of the guards asked.

"Yes, I need you to send your best men over to the Rambling Rock Ruins, I believe Glee is trying to make his way over to Dodge City. I also need you to send your fastest men to the squad that I had sent to Pony Ville, and tell them to change their course to the Rambling Rock Ruins as well. Tell them that Glee will be arriving there, and I want you to surround him when he does, he could be dangerous so capture him, but don't harm him" commanded Celestia.

"Yes your highness!" said the two guards at the same time, they then bolted out of the throne room.

"You think they'll be gentle when they find Glee?" asked Lyra.

"I hope so, but if Glee does put up a fight then, it hurts me to say this but, they'll have to capture Glee by force" said Celestia.

Celestia and Lyra then began to watch the teddy bear make its way to Rambling Rock Ruins, in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been thirty seven hours ever since Glee escaped from Canterlot. The guards had tried their best to search for Glee and bring him back to the castle as fast as possible, but failed. They then went to plan 'B' and decided just to wait until Glee arrived at the ruins.

If Celestia had been stressed before, it was nothing compared to how she was feeling now. The portal to the human world had resealed itself, and would stay that way for another three and a half years. Now, she had to figure out what to do with Glee once the guards bring him back. Glee was going to be in serious trouble, Celestia was certain of that, but what was she going to do to prevent Glee from running away again? Glee has clearly shown that he's capable enough to make it this far. Not only did he take down a guard, escape the castle, and move non-stop day and night without being detected, but he had some how not stopped to rest or take any breaks at all. Celestia had kept a close watch on the teddy bear, and the teddy bear has been slowly making its way to the ruins ever since. The teddy bear hasn't stopped moving once, not even for a second. Once the guards did return with Glee, Celestia didn't even know what to do next. She could lock him up for the next three and a half years, but she couldn't bring herself to even think of such an awful thought.

"Celestia" said Lyra.

What if she had him kept in his room for three and a half years with guards standing outside his door? No, she couldn't do that, she might as well be locking him up.

"Celestia!" Lyra called out.

What could Celestia possibly do? She knew Glee had to be punished, but how was she going to punish Glee when she's already taken everything away from him?

"CELESTIA!" Lyra shouted.

Celestia awoke from her thoughts and looked to Lyra. Lyra was pointing at the map, the teddy bear was less then a quarter of an inch to the ruins. Glee was about to arrive and be ambushed by a very large group of guards.

"Well, Glee has made it quite far, but now it is time for this chase to come to an end" ,Celestia looked away from the map, she couldn't bare to watch the teddy bear slide on to the ruins. Glee could get hurt by those guards, and she knew it, she just hoped that Glee wouldn't put up too much of a fight, that way he could return with less injuries.

"Celestia, the bears on the ruins, and it stopped" said Lyra.

"I know Lyra, thank you" said Celestia, softly.

They waited in silence for fifteen minutes, Celestia knew that at any second, the teddy bear would begin to make its way back to Canterlot, indicating that the task of retrieving Glee was finished.

"Please Glee, don't be harmed" Celestia whispered to herself.

"Uh, Celestia, is the teddy bear supposed to be doing this?" Lyra asked suddenly.

Celestia turned back to the map, and gasped.

The teddy bear had begun moving again, moving slightly faster then snail speed (which in this case would mean that Glee was traveling over 80 MPH, give or take). The teddy bear had also begun to move in the opposite of Canterlot, instead it was now heading towards the Badlands.

"What! What's happening, how's Glee moving so fast!!!" said Celestia. She had began panicking now, and rushed over to the throne room door.

"GUARDS! I NEED GUARDS IMMEDIATELY!!!" Celestia shouted as she threw open the doors.

Several guards came to her call.

"Your highness! What's the matter, is something wrong?" , one of the guards asked.

"I need you to send every available guard that we have on duty to the Badlands right now! Every single last one! And you all need to hurry at top speed! If you don't then Glee might just escape out of Equestria!" Celestia commanded.

'Yes your highness!" said the guard, as he turned to the other guards around him. "You heard the princess, get every available guard that we have on duty right now! And that's an order!"

"Sir yes sir!" said all of the guards, they all ran down the hall, in search for more guards to spread the message.

Celestia then closed the doors and returned to the throne with Lyra. "Lyra, I need you to hurry back to the castle library and find me maps of the surrounding countries. Glee's about to make it to the Badlands at an incredibly fast speed, and if he does, then he'll be at the border of Equestria! If he passes that border, then the teddy bear will no longer be able to locate him unless we have a map of that country, do you understand?" asked Celestia.

Lyra nodded, "I do, but, how is Glee making it to the Badlands so fast? And what happened to the guards who were after him, didn't you send, like, fifty men after him?" Lyra asked.

"I sent thirty men, and I'm not sure what Glee did, or how he's doing it, but one things for sure and its that we don't have much time until Glee makes it to the Badlands. So I need you to get those maps immediately! Please" said Celestia, with a tone of desperation in her voice.

Lyra nodded, and ran down the throne steps, out the throne room, and down the hall.

Celestia began to pace back and forth, thinking of what Glee was doing to make himself travel at such fast speed. Perhaps he managed to take down one of her guards and is forcing him to fly him to the badlands. This can't be the case, if Glee had tried to take down even a single guard, he would have had twenty nine other guards coming as back up. Perhaps Glee has a pony as a hostage? No that wasn't it either. Those guards were very well trained and could catch up to any pony. If Glee had taken a pony hostage, then that pony has either trained his entire life, or just happens to be the fastest flier in Equestria (which that wasn't possible seeing that the current fastest flier in Equestria was a Wonderbolt living in Clouds Dale). She didn't know how Glee was pulling this off, and this bothered her immensely.

Celestia awoke from her thoughts and looked at a clock that hung from above the throne room door. It was 7:27, even in the current situation she was in, she still had her princess duties to attend to.

Celestia rushed up the castle and into her room, then out onto the balcony. She then lit up her horn and began setting the sun.

'This is going to take a while! Hopefully Glee doesn't make it to the badlands by then' thought Celestia.

After thirty minutes of setting the sun, she immediately rushed down the castle and back into the throne room. When she arrived, Lyra was sitting at the throne holding a pile of rolled up maps in her forelegs.

"Where have you been this whole time! The teddies about to make it to the Badlands!" said Lyra.

Celestia sighed, 'good, they haven't made it yet' ,she thought with relief. "Sorry about that, I had to set the sun, how close are they" asked Celestia, as she made her way to the throne.

"Very close, a few more minutes and he'll be there" said Lyra.

When Celestia made it to her throne, she sat down, took the maps from Lyra, and began arranging the countries in the correct order.

"There, now if Glee passes in to any country in the world, we'll know exactly where he is" said Celestia, letting out another sigh of relief.

"So, now we just wait... again?" asked Lyra.

"Yes, now we must wait, and hope that the guards can catch up to them" Celestia replied.

They waited in silence, as the teddy came closer to its destination. Celestia felt her heart pound with every suspenseful second that passed. She might not actually be there to witness everything happen, but the teddy bear inching its way to the Badlands was just enough to make to make her feel severely distressed.

The teddy bear was half an inch away.

Celestia began to breath heavily, and felt that she was sweating.

A quarter inch away.

Celestia wiped her forehead with her leg, and stared intently at the teddy bear.

The bear had arrived, and suddenly stopped.

"Why is it stopping, did the guards catch him?" Lyra asked.

Celestia didn't know, if Glee really had been intending on leaving Equestria, he wouldn't have stopped when he was so close to victory. Perhaps the guards really did catch up to him.

"I don't know, perhaps they did. If they did then-" Celestia was cut off by the teddy bear suddenly glowing.

The teddy bear had begun to glow into a bright blue haze, as it slowly levitated itself into the air above the map. When it was five feet above the map, it stopped rising, and the blue haze had suddenly turned a dark crimson. The glow had begun to grow, as it grew, the haze itself had became so bright that it was nearly impossible to even look at.

Suddenly, just as the haze had grown to its peak, it exploded. The haze appeared to have broken as if it was made of glass, and all light from the teddy bear disappeared as it did so. The teddy bear then fell on top of the map, completely motionless.

Lyra looked at the princes, then to the teddy bear, then to the princess, then back to the teddy bear again. "Princess... what happened?" Lyra asked, her eyes bulging at the no longer glowing teddy bear.

Celestia stood motionless for a few seconds, her mouth gaping at the teddy bear. Then, she lit up her horn in an attempt to get the teddy bear under her spell again. It didn't work, so she tried again, lighting up her horn at the teddy bear. It failed again.

"No" said Celestia quietly, she lit her horn up again, only for the spell to continue to fail.

"No!" said Celestia even louder, she didn't give up, she continued her attempts to reactivate the spell. However, it was no use, the teddy bear remained motionless.

"NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!"with every shout, Celestia stomped her hoofs against the ground and still continued to reactivate the spell, only for it to fail with each attempt.

After the twentieth attempt, Celestia fell to her knees and began to sob.

Lyra quickly rushed to Celestia, she wrapped one leg over Celestias back and patted Celestia gently with her other hoof.

"Celestia! What happened, what's wrong?" Lyra asked (she tried to keep her voice calm, but seeing the princess cry made it very difficult, so her tone came out more scared then calm).

"It won't move! The bear won't move!" Celestia cried, she buried her face into her hoofs and continued to weep.

"Then make it move! Don't give up, I know you can do it!" said Lyra, hoping to make the princess feel better.

"You don't understand! The teddy bear is no longer moving because Glee no longer cherishes it! He must've known we were using a searching spell on him! And now, he...he..." Celestia couldn't finish, she didn't need to, Lyra understood what she meant.

Glee cherished that teddy bear because it was the first toy that Celestia had ever given him. He had kept it all these years, even as a teenager. Even though he may have not acted like it, deep down, he still loved Celestia, and that's what allowed them to use the teddy bear in the first place.

Now, the teddy bear was no longer moving. If Glee had indeed known that they were using a spell to locate him, then chances are, he could have also know how to prevent the spell from working. If they could locate Glee with one of his most cherished items, and he didn't want them to locate him, then all he had to do was stop cherishing his beloved item. And for him to stop cherishing his teddy bear, the first toy that Celestia gave him, the item that showed proof that Glee still loved Celestia, this meant that Glee no longer loved Celestia. He hated her, and this caused the teddy bear to no longer work.

Glee was no longer family or friend, he was now their enemy.

Lyra hugged Celestia tightly, comforting her as Celestia cried into her hoofs.

"I failed Lyra, I failed Glee!" Celestia cried.

"You haven't failed princess, Glee may be gone, but we can try to find him together" said Lyra, softly.

"But Glee will never return now! And we can't find him anymore because he... he..." Celestia couldn't finish, she continued to cry into her hoofs.

Lyra sat with Celestia, comforting her from what felt like hours.

Eventually, her crying soften, and when she began to calm down she wiped the tears from her eyes and said softly, "Lyra, may I have a minute alone please".

"Are you sure you want to be alone right now?" Lyra asked, softly.

"Please, just... give me five minutes" said Celestia.

Lyra nodded, she gave Celestia a hug and walked across the room and out through the door.

Celestia was alone now, there wasn't a single guard in the castle, they had all left to find Glee. Her staff had left home for the night, and she had sent Lyra out of the room. She was alone, alone so that no pony could hear her cry.

She reached out for the partially burnt teddy bear and hugged it tightly. She laid down on her throne, and began crying into the teddy bear that had once been cherished by Glee.

Glee, the one that she had raised ever since he was two, the one that she had loved and cared for, the one that she could call son.

He was gone now, gone to who knows where. Glee was out there, somewhere in that huge world, and she could no longer find him.

Not only had she made Glee no longer love her, but she had also caused Glee to run away from the place he used to call home. He didn't pass into the portal to the human world, his real parents may no longer ever get the chance to meet him.

She had failed.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" Celestia cried, as she began crying harder into the teddy bear.

So many memories were passing though her head, Glee's first day of school, Glee's first time not using diapers, Glee's first words.

"I love you mommy!" said Glee.

Celestia froze, she looked up from the teddy bear and saw a two year old Glee sitting in front of her, smiling.

Celestia couldn't believe what she was seeing, slowly she began reaching her hoof out towards the two year old Glee.

"Did you say something?" Celestia asked, smiling back at Glee.

Glee smiled in the biggest, most happiest smile that Celestia had ever seen, "I love you mommy!"

Celestia reached her hoof closer, "I... I..."

Before she could finish, she had reached her hoof to Glee's cheek, she tried to place it gently upon the babies face, but the moment her hoof touched Glee, he disappeared, as if he was a pile of sand that had just been blown away by the wind.

Celestia's smile quickly faded, and she began softly crying again, "I love you too".

She gently placed her head on the teddy bear, gently crying into its fabrics.

"I love you too, my little human"