• Published 17th Feb 2015
  • 1,470 Views, 14 Comments

Stallion of the Everfree - Wolfoftheforest



Deep within the Everfree lives a civilization of creatures long thought to have disappeared without a trace. How will Equestria handle a blast from a very distant past.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,470

Chapter 6 part 3

As I stared down at the Dark One, I felt a strange feeling. It was almost as if my blood were being heated to a boiling point. My knees buckled as I struggled to keep standing. With a single kick the Dark One had sent me flying into the rock wall. The collision knocked the wind out of me. My vision blurred slightly, as i shook my head trying to regain my senses. I started to regain my senses, when I was blasted against the wall again, by a strong blast of water. It was getting increasingly more difficult to breathe as I was repeatedly getting pummeled by wave after wave of water. I couldn't even deflect any of it, and use my water spells, as the water kept me pinned against the wall. Suddenly the water stopped. Looking through my stinging eyes, I see or think I see mother pinning down the Dark One. Strike after strike rained down upon him. It seemed as if she stopped fighting Chimera to protect me from the Dark Ones ongoing assault. Looking around I see that Chimera was just getting to her paws, and shot a glare at Mother. Knowing the look in her eyes, I immediately bolt and try to tackle her. Before I could collide, she blasted a strong heat wave towards Mother before collapsing back onto the ground.

"Mother, Look Out!" I yelled over to her, hoping she'd get out of the way in time.

"Huh," Mother looked towards me only to get blasted in her side. She was sent rolling to the ground, as the sent of singed fur filled the air. The Dark One was struggling to get up, but managed, and started advancing towards Mother. I galloped towards him, only to get a blast of fire lodged towards me. I dodged rolling to the left and continued my advance. Another blast was sent towards me, and once again I dodged. I felt myself get lifted off of the ground. Looking for the reason, I see the Dark One's crystals glowing brightly. I start flailing my legs trying to get out of whatever hold I was in. I felt the wind against my coat as I was sent flying. Tossed like a rag doll, rolling onto the ground mere feet away from Mother. I could hear her to struggle for air. Each gasp of air seemed to cause her pain.

"Xanthor. I. I need you. to run. Save Your brother." She said in between each gasp.

"No mom, i'm not leaving you to die."

"I'm going to. give you enough time. to escape." She said closing her eyes tightly.

Her crystal started to illuminating brighter than I have ever seen. I turned towards the attackers, trying to give her enough time for her crazy scheme. As the attackers started getting close I blasted Chimera with a powerful wave of water. I cemented my hooves into the ground, ready for the defense. I felt a very strong chill run through the air, freezing everything in the immediate vicinity. I turned and looked at a frozen hoof and backed up a few feet. The hoof belonged to the Dark One. He was frozen solid, while the chimera was frozen on her side to the ground.

deceiving bitch got what she deserved.

Turning towards mother I see her crystal starting to flash black. Her eyes were closed, and for the first time in forever, she looked at peace.

"Mother?" I said shaking her. To my pleasant surprise, she opened her eyes, and gazed into mine.

"Xanthor, I'm sorry. For everything. I was a terrible. Mother." She said in between gasps as the crystals' flashing became more rapid. "I was too.

I put my hoof over her mouth. "Mother, please don't say it." I carefully put her onto my back and continued into the setting bright circle.

"Promise me, you'll. Protect Ackayacha. I tried to. Do my best with you."

We continue walking as the bright circle was nearing its end. The treeline came into view. I could barely hear mother's breathe anymore. I put her on the ground, causing her to wince. I looked into my mother's eyes, as she slowly rose her hoof, and grabbed onto mine.

"I'm sorry. Promise me, you'll. Take care. of the family."

The crystal around her neck had begun to stay black longer. There were no words to describe the pain I felt, as I watched her pass. I was powerless to do anything, but sit by her side. Her crystal had turned black and she started to fade away. Speck by black speck, I watched. She was joining the ancestors. My own crystal flashed black, as a stabbing sensation was felt in my heart. I didn't feel like moving, i could move, just sit there in painful silence. The only thing that was left to remember mother by, was her power crystal. I slowly grabbed it and held it to my chest. A few tears hit the ground below me. I fell to the ground as my legs gave out. i didn't feel like getting up. I just lay where she once was. Eventually crying myself asleep.

The bright circle was high in the sky, when I awoke. I fight to get my feet under me. I walk to the nearest cliff and look down.

It would be so easy. (You made a promise to Mother.) I don't like the pain. (She died thinking you'd take care of everyone.)

I look down at the bottom of the cliff side again. I notice a small village. The houses all looked similarly built. I watched as the ponies down below went on with their daily lives.

Might as well try looking for Ackayacha there.