• Published 17th Feb 2015
  • 1,470 Views, 14 Comments

Stallion of the Everfree - Wolfoftheforest



Deep within the Everfree lives a civilization of creatures long thought to have disappeared without a trace. How will Equestria handle a blast from a very distant past.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,470

Chapter 4

Xanthor View


Night approached the Everfree Forest as Xanthor had finished training the troops, ‘it’s complete manure that I had to spend my entire day training the troops, that’s not the bad part. They already know everything. All because mom had to walk into the barracks, while they were entertaining themselves, even that’s not the bad part. No the bad part is that she had to go and bucking get General Silverhoof in there. The fact that she took Ackayacha to the Chimera while selling me out, now that buckin hurt.’ Walking into his secret paradise, few knew about, he took a look around. The sound of the waterfall splashing into the lake beneath, started to calm him. The open space around the oasis was a lit by the fireflies casting their luminescent light. Xanthor took a seat upon the giant rock that rested upon a hill overlooking the scenery.

Xanthor was lost in his musings, that he didn’t even notice the voices coming closer. It wasn’t until they were about fifty feet away that he was snapped out of his thoughts. Xanthor looked for a place to hide. He glanced at the forest. No that’s where their coming from. The sides of the field were too far away, they’d spot him for sure. Glancing back at the lake he made a dash towards the water. Using his necklace he made a hole, big enough for him to jump without making too much noise. He held his breathe, hoping that they would be gone soon enough. To his dismay, a small hooves punctured the water.

damn, how am I supposed to get out now? Xanthor thought as he was watching the hooves swiftly move through the water. He was quickly running out of oxygen and would need to resurface soon. damn it. Xanthor resurfaced and the sounds of screaming mares hurt his ears. Before his eyes could readjust, he was bucked unconscious.

A few minutes later he had woken up to five faces. Very pony like faces Crap they captured me He noticed that their colors were purple, white, blue, yellow, and pink. The purple faced pony said something that had just come off as gibberish. Before they could do anything, Xanthor used his power to build the water into a giant wave. The five turned their heads towards the wave of water, giving Xanthor enough time to get up. Before they could make a grab for him, Xanthor bolted back to the forest. Even running into a thick branch hard enough to break it off the tree.


Ackayacha View


The days were long, but the months seemed to pass by fairly quickly. The training started with, what they called breaking the shell of the innocent.' They knocked out what they out the crutches, but I called sleep and hunger. After asking why, they told me that to get my body ready for war they must gauge how I do under sleepy conditions. Besides the no sleep I have gotten, they had me performing nothing but exercise.

A month and a half went by in training when I was finally able to sleep. They led me into a field with a very thin piece of land in between four fire geysers. I could already feel the sweat pouring down my face. I awoke when the smell of apples wafted into my nose. As my eyes opened I saw something i never thought I'd see again. Apples. My stomach growled louder than a pack of wild wood wolves. Looking for the chimera to ask permission to eat, and not seeing her, I quickly chowder down.

They tasted like muddy soup in my mouth, but I was starving too much to give a damn. I could hear chimera off in the distance, and went to find them.

I approached the fire pit we used as a training ring. Standing in the ring was a little yellow creature I was having trouble remembering the name of. I think my brother used the name "pony" so long ago. Anyway she was hauling a big box on wheels, which was topped with a bouncy cylinder. Her mane was a short reddish hue and her coat was a butter yellow. Her eyes showcased fear as she backed away from Chimera. Chimera spoke in a language I couldn't understand, but I knew the tone. The tone meant this pony was in big trouble.

'Don't go against you trainer, you'll never win. But if I don't do something she'll die. She's a pony, and according to Chimera, they can't be trusted. She's an innocent, she deserves to live.' I quickly argued with myself. Knowing which side was right I jumped in front of the filly and stared down my instructors.

"What do you think your doing ackayacha? Move, I'm going to eat."

"No, I won't allow you to kill her." I said planting my hooves.

"If that is how it is, then so be it," Tigress growled out as she approached me.

Moving back, while keeping the filly between me and them, I sent off a warning fireball from my hoof. They dodge to the left and lunged at me. She was now on top of me growling into my face. She rose her claw up, prepared to strike. Before that massive hit struck, I used my legs to toss her off of me and in the direction of the filly. Chimera landed back on her feet and took off after the retreating filly.
'Damn it'. Running to catch up to to them, I caught up to them as they approached my sleeping area. I jumped onto the back of Chimera and put the lion head into a sleeper hold. Funny thing about chimeras they have three heads. You'd think I'd remember that being how I spent every night sleeping next to them. I was immediately bitten by both viper, which punctured me with its sharp fangs, and Nann bit my shoulder, her sharp teeth cutting through my skin like razors. As she pulled I could feel a hot ripping sensation as the muscle was torn from my skin. I released my hold and fell to the ground clutching what was left of my shoulder.

Darkness started to show in my vision,as I I heard a different voice sound out. Craning my neck the best I could, I saw an orange pony with a hat. That was all I saw before darkness slipping into the shadowy darkness.

A slight breeze tickled my nose as it startled me awake. I opened my eyes to a clear sky, and a few sky puffies here and there. The sound of sniffling broke the silence. Sitting up I saw an orange filly. Great another dream, or are these memories of a past life I don't remember? Her blonde mane was a complete mess, as she stared down at a greyish stone. The hat that was upon her head was resting on an angle upon the right side of the stone. I walked towards her, startling her as she looked back at me. I grabbed her into a hug, which she tried to fight at first, but eventually fell into it, and returned the hug. She said something I couldn't understand.

'Come on Goddesses, if you're going to put me through this, at least give me comprehension of their speech.
I rubbed her back as she cried into my neck. I decided it was a good idea to grab her hat and put it upon her head. As she felt the hat touch her head she pushed me away from her, and yelled something at me with the shining tears in her eyes.

'Nevermind this is good
I felt her push me again and this time I tripped over a tree stump and fell upon my back. I slipped back into the darkness.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter four for you guys. As promised ponies have finally made it into the story. If you guys like please comment, like, and favorite. For next chapter there shall be a scene where Ackayacha almost dies.