• Published 5th May 2012
  • 3,392 Views, 98 Comments

I Dream to Fly - MrDynasty



Scootaloo has a dream, a dream most pegasus can do at an early age. A dream to fly.

  • ...
7
 98
 3,392

Fresh Air

Twilight woke up after a long nights rest, still having the small filly hugging her arm tight. Twilight looked around her bedroom from her laying position, trying not to disturb Scootaloo’s deep sleep. Everything was the same as it was the night before, nothing moved, nothing was gone.


She rubbed her forehead with her hoof and slowly sat up in her bed. She looked over to her arm that Scootaloo was hugging; the filly seemed to still be sleeping, peacefully. Twilight used her other hoof to slowly push off Scootaloo’s arms around her one, allowing Twilight to move without disturbing the filly’s sleep.


Once Scootaloo’s arms lost their grip on Twilight, she moved into a hunching position, hugging the covers of the bed instead. Twilight proceeded to get out of her bed and slowly trot over to her mirror that was on the wooden table. Her mane was back to the ragged messy state it normally was after a good night sleep, all curly and out of place. She used her magic to grab the brush from the edge of the table and went on to brushing her mane until it was back to its clean, sharp position.


She stared at the mirror for several seconds before moving away and towards her bedroom entrance. She perked her head through the frame and scanned the library. It was clean, crisp and shiny. Spike was sitting downstairs reading some books that were on the table next to him. Twilight trotted down the stairs, leaving small taps as her hooves hit the floor.


Spike looked around to see Twilight trotting down the stairs while looking around the library. He sat up and walked over to Twilight. “You seem curious about something, what is it?” Spike proclaimed. Twilight just placed a hoof on her chin and stared at her desk for a short time.


“It’s nothing Spike, I’m just thinking…” She sighed and looked over towards the library’s wooden entrance door. “I’m thinking about Rainbow Dash, she just… disappeared. She has been gone almost two days now and I just can’t stand to see any of my friends get hurt or go missing.” Spike placed his claw on his cheek and started thinking about the possibility of Rainbow Dash hurt.


Spike then looked towards Twilight’s desk, it had a saddle bag on it and a couple books. He walked over to her desk, picking up one of the books and opening it. It was immediately closed by Twilight’s magic aura. “That’s my diary Spike, leave it alone!” Spike gulped and placed it back on the desk, exactly where it was before. “Because of this… thing that happened. I’ve decided that we are going to go on a search for Rainbow Dash, first visiting the people she last talked to.”


Spike thought for a moment before replying. “But Twilight, we don’t know who she last talked to! She could have talked to anyone during the time we’ve spent trying to figure out the history of Scootaloo’s parents. We have no leads, nor do we have no clue on who to talk to.” He then walked back over to the books he was reading before.


Twilight used her magic to lift her saddle bag onto her back and placing her diary in the bag. “We went overboard with re-searching Spike, I shouldn’t have chosen pony history to search for two possibly dead people. I did have an idea, but it never worked. I couldn’t find any knitting traces. To be honest, we may be going overboard with Rainbow Dash too, who knows, she may just be resting in her home or talking to the doctor that Scootaloo was so tame with…” Twilight then remembered about the doctor. She thought to herself. ‘Maybe that’s where she did go…’


Spike picked up some of the books that were on the table and placed them back where they were taken from. “Twilight… your idea of finding Scootaloo’s parents through history was brilliant, it just never swung well. Maybe you need to go simpler, you know? Maybe you’re too smart to figure it out.” Twilight gave Spike a funny look, lowering her eyebrows at him. “What? It’s a possibility!”


Twilight sighed again and placed a hoof on her forehead. “Maybe you’re right Spike. I guess we should get simpler and go with something obvious, I mean, it’s Rainbow we’re talking about here… I’m still going with my plan to talk with the recent people who she has been in contact with.” She trotted over towards the library door and as she was about to open it, she heard a voice come from the top of the stairs.


“Can I come with?” Twilight turned around and saw Scootaloo standing at the top of the library stairs. Spike walked over to Twilight’s desk, picked up a quill and a piece of paper. He started writing on it.


He finished writing and wrapped the paper up in the form of a letter. Twilight thought for a moment. “… I don’t think it’s a good idea for a heavily injured filly to walk around Equestria, sorry Scoots, but I just think you’ll be safer here than anywhere else.” She looked back over to Spike, who was about to send the letter through his fire breath. “Spike!” He stopped and looked over to Twilight. “What are you doing? Don’t send letters without my permission! What is the letter?”


He lowered the letter from his mouth and started talking. “It’s a letter to Princess Celestia. I was going to send it to see if she could help us to see if she saw Rainbow Dash. Let me read it out to you.” He cleared his throat and opened the letter back up. “Dear Princess Celestia. Me and Twilight have been worried about one of the other elements of harmony, Rainbow Dash. She disappeared off to somewhere after leaving a filly named Scootaloo at the library. We have no clue to where she went and we would much appreciate your help to find her. We mainly want to know where she is and know that she is safe.

Signed, Spike.”


Twilight nodded her head slightly. “Hmm, you may send the letter Spike, who knows, Celestia may be a bigger help than anyone.” Spike proceeded to re-seal the letter and flame it, sending it to the Princess. He walked over to Twilight and stood by her side.


The filly was still standing up at the top of the library’s wooden stairs. She was just blindly staring at Twilight. “… Spike, can you take care of Scootaloo for me? I don’t want her coming with me just in case she gets hurt again; I want her safe and sound.” Spike nodded and started walking over to Scootaloo who started to trot down the stairs slowly. Spike stopped and turned around to Twilight.


“Wouldn’t it be safer for Scootaloo to come with us? I mean, if she needs any form of medical help, you can give it to her. I wouldn’t know what to do in any situation like that. Plus, it would be nice for her to get some fresh air once and a while.” Spike claimed.


Twilight thought for several seconds, moving her vision back and forth between Spike and Scootaloo. “I guess you’re right Spike, it would be safer to do that I guess. Alright, I’m going to bring some medical items with me just in case. I want Scootaloo staying close to me so I can see her at all times.” Spike saluted Twilight and ran towards her desk, opening the small hinge to an inside compartment. He started rummaging through and pulled out some medical supplies that Twilight had stashed in there.


He ran back over to Twilight with a hand full of medical cloths, plasters and some painkillers. Twilight used her magic to open her saddle bag then floated the items into her bag. “Alright, we’re ready. Scootaloo, stay close to us.” Scootaloo saluted like Spike did, smiled and trotted over to Twilight. “Spike, make a list on the way of Rainbow’s recent contacts. “We may be over hyping this as she may be just fine… but hopefully she’s okay and saf-” Just then, Spike burped out a letter that hit Twilight.

“Sorry Twilight, let me get that for you” Twilight picked it up with her magic and slowly opened the letter. She read it over silently in her head. A sudden gasp from Twilight made Scootaloo and Spike jump. Twilight’s ears flipped back and she kept re-reading the letter. “What Twilight?! What does it say?!”


Twilight placed the letter down and glanced at Spike and Scootaloo. “The letter says… Your friend is safe here in Canterlot and is in need of seeing you. She is currently being held inside… Canterlot’s jail cells…” Scootaloo and Spike froze in shock.


Scootaloo’s eyes began to get wet and she opened her mouth to speak, but barely could.


“B-but… she isn’t… a bad pony…”

Author's Note:

((Hey there! How you all doing? It’s been a long time hasn’t it? Well, I’m sorry for the excruciatingly long hiatus, it lasted six months! Still, I’m going to try and continue the story to the best of my abilities!

~~~ MrDynasty :moustache:))