• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 3,205 Views, 42 Comments

The Future is....Ponies? - TheDawsonator1



When some crazy guy kidnaps Joel in his sleep and freezes him for 3000 years. He will find that many things have changed and the world is no longer as he knows it.

  • ...
19
 42
 3,205

PreviousChapters Next
FEAST ON THEIR SOULS!! I mean umm...next chapter is here! You didn't see anything!

A Necromancer! Can you believe it? I’d of thought I’d just go through society and it’s problems just like the past but nope, turns out there is something that concerned even Celestia.

I can’t go back down there, not even alone. I’ll need to work on my magic more, I understand it more but I need to find out the full extent to what I can do.

Sometimes I wonder whether I should just Celestia, but I don’t know, for all she knows, a human with magical powers to her knowledge may spark hostile feelings and may deem me too dangerous.

For now, I guess I can stay social around Ponyville. No doubt Celestia is already investigating anything about this Necromancer.


Princess Celestia was a very concerned pony right now, any pony without a “My Princess is perfect” view could see that, the royal guard could see it.

Captain Valiant Heart was one such pony who could see this, he was so concerned as to why our fair princess was so concerned and out of it that he went up and asked himself as went to the throne room and asked the Princess what was happening.

Now, Captain Valiant Heart was Shining Armor’s second in command back when he was the Captain, he was formerly known as Lieutenant Valiant Heart in those days. He was a pony of honor and rose through the ranks “properly” according to some of Shining Armor’s naysayers.

In fact, some ponies like to think that Shining Armor only ever got to Captain because of his relationship with Princess Cadence. But Princess Celestia denied these claims and said the Shining Armor earned his position.

But back to Valiant Heart, he entered after a brief come in from Celestia. He then gave a salute to the Princess and was motioned to sit down

“Ah, Captain. I was just about to send for you myself” Celestia greets the Captain.
“Is everything alright, Princess? You seem…concerned today” Valiant asked
“As much as I would like to say yes, I’m afraid I must say otherwise. I have a task for you” Celestia says
“Yes?” Valiant asks.
“Get Lieutenant Storm Fist to send a message to all guard posts around Equestria. They are to double their guard at once, we face a possibly great threat. After that, you need to train all guards here in more advanced techniques, I am sending Prince Shining Armor over here to help oversee this” Celestia sent her command
“Have the changelings decided to attack again?” Valiant asks
“No, this is something much, much worse I’m afraid. I cannot be in multiple places at once but if somewhere does come under attack, I need to be notified at once and protecting my ponies is top of the priority list” Celestia says worryingly
“It will be done at once, my Princess” Valiant bowed and gave one last salute.
“Hurry! Many lives will be saved with quick action” Celestia ushers him out the door

With such speed and haste did Valiant Heart gallop, a message urgent and vital to protecting many of Equestria’s ponies.

The Princess knew that if the Necromancer was cunning and powerful, it may be impossible to avoid a bloodshed, it may be that fear will be realized.

Perhaps the Elements of Harmony might have to taken from the Tree once more once the Necromancer is found.


I was out in the same green field once more, to test magic. I knew more about it from further research.

Magic must exit somewhere in order to be utilized as a weapon. From the experience of the slight hover I did earlier, the exit of my magic must be the fingers.

Magic has five core types of magic.

Neutral magic: Simple stuff like levitation, flipping a book with magic etc.
Friendly Magic: Magic that is used for good such as shields, attacking in self-defense kind of spells.
Chaos magic: Magic like what Discord would use. Things that harm subjects. Do weird and unpredictable things.
Harmonic Magic: Magic used for Heroic deeds. The Elements of Harmony do use this magic. Fire of Friendship does use this also. Some Harmonic spells require more than 1 caster to be used in order of the spell to work.
Dark Magic: Used for the intent of torture and/or killing. Evildoers do this magic and have to want to cause pain and suffering to those around them. If the user does not know what they are doing, they can corrupt themselves and be evil without themselves in control. Any caster that practices Dark Magic should be rid of ASAP!

I thought I’d try some levitation. According to the book, using your mind to make a “Magical” invisible hand to grab the object is how you levitate to put it simply.

That being said, I grabbed a apple off the tree and put it on the ground and stood a couple of meters away from it.

I tried and tried for 10 minutes straight, but nothing even moved the Apple. I harshly commanded it and even did a levitation dance that really made me look like a complete idiot.

Then I realize something, I’ve been attempting the Unicorn/Alicorn way, I don’t have a horn. I need to do it the human way.

This time I concentrate fully, I put out my hand as though I was reaching for the Apple. I felt it! A connection like my arm had grown extendable towards the apple. I open my eyes to see it floating, I use my hand to pull it back with a pulling motion and I catch it in my left hand.

A thrill of success flowed through my veins. I did multiple things with the apple such as tossing it away, moving it left and right, unfortunately I squished the apple on accident by putting my hand into a fist motion but hey! I can use the force now. Well I have a glowing orange hand while doing but hey, it works for me.

So I feel like I’ve achieved something today, it’s time to head back to the library and get something to eat, maybe one of Pinkie’s cupcakes, I’m afraid I’ve developed an addiction to them, I may have to go to extensive Cupcake rehab if I get any more addicted to them.


Meanwhile in APPPPPPPPPLLLLLEEEELLOOOOOOSSSAAA….

A dark shadow was approaching the Wild West-eque town of Appleloosa. None of the ponies were wise to their approaching at all, maybe nopony was looking in their general direction, or maybe it was hitting the sunset time and it could have been mistaken for something else maybe?

Whatever the cause, not even the dispatched Royal Guards saw the shadowy army approaching. They arrived in a black mist, riding along the bushes that were black in the sunset.

These shadowy forces were commanded by the Necromancer, but the Necromancer was not there in Appleloosa. He was somewhere else and commanded one of his “Generals” to lead this attack.

This town was not the only town under threat, along another town in Griffonia, Zebrica, Minotaur Kingdom and the Changeling Kingdom.

All towns were small towns and only Equestria seemed to of known of their presence. But the puny Skeleton crew of guards would go down very easily to the might of the Necromancer’s forces. It almost seemed like the Princess wanted these ponies to die so easily.

“All invading personal, the wait has been long enough! Attack your towns at will! Leave no Guards alive but make sure a couple of citizens escape so we can spread fear to their nations! ATTACK!” The Necromancer’s creepily disembodied voice rang through all his Necro forces.

The details will be spared, but one brave royal guard managed a dragonfire message to Celestia before he was sliced in the back. Blood filled the streets as Braeburn and couple of others escaped the town before the Necro army could get to them but not one guard survived but the fought valiantly to the end.

When all others had their life taken, one guard was on the ground, close to death. The captain of the invading force (A human) went up to the guard and put a boot on his face and spat on him.

“Pitiful fool! Did you believe a weakling like you could hold a force like us? My master has distaste for all of your magical kind, especially ponies! Imagine how pleased he will be, when I deliver your head to him while my troops feast on you and your comrades’ flesh!” The Captain says, licking his lips

The other Necro-Soldiers laughed at the guard rather creepily.

“I hope you choke!” The guard spits on the boot
“So be it…” The captain says

The Captain pulls out his blade with the intent on beheading the guard, but before his blade could strike, a pure white ray blew both the captain and the forces back away, some of the forces wiped out.

Standing in front of them was a very furious Princess Celestia!

“Attacking my little ponies in cover of darkness? How dare you?!” Celestia attempts to restrain her anger
“What’s it to you Sunbutt? You sent these ponies to their death, you thought a skeleton crew of guards would help? We ought to be thanking you for our delicious feast we are about to get” The captain’s dark voice taunted gleefully

Celestia’s anger may of started to cloud her eyes as she blasted every Necro enemy except the captain in one wall of light, then she proceeded to insert a blade of light into the captain’s stomach all in matter of 5 seconds.

“Now then, where else have you attacked?” Celestia demands angrily
“I’ll never tell” The captain says defiant
“Your actions may be considered brave were you with my side! But that is not the case, now I will ask again! WHERE ELSE HAVE YOU ATTCKED MY LITTLE PONIES?!” Celestia shouted as he started chocking the air out of the captain.
“Nowhere! Just towns in other kingdoms” The captain gasped for air

Princess Celestia was not a cruel pony, she fixed the wounds of the captain and pushed him away.

“Send a message to your master: Stay out of Equestria or suffer the consequences!” Celestia said harshly

The captain did well to run away from the angry Celestia, although she was very angry, she had some control over her anger. However, she turned to the last remaining guard and bent over him.

“T-That w-was impressive, Princess” The guard spluttered
“Yes indeed, but I was too late, I could not save you or your squad or the townsponies” Celestia lamented
“Three escaped your h…highness…the Apple farmer and two others ran out of the town before those dead…things could get to them” the guard said, coughing up some blood
“Which way did they go?” Celestia asked
“Towards the north, if nothing got to them, they could be 5 miles from here by now” the guard answered
“Thank you, I am sorry that I cannot save you, you fought bravely and valiantly and with honor. You have done me proud, you have done Equestria proud” Celestia said
“We f-failed, the private to my left got the dragonfire message and was sliced, he was more brave than I. They….they snuck up on us your highness, we should of seen that coming, we are an embarrassment to the Royal Guard!” the guard says
“No, you were not, you may not of succeeded, but your spirit and courage to fight the enemy is something not many ponies possess. You were outnumbered and yet you stood your ground and allowed three ponies to escape. To me, that’s a bravery that we as Equestrians could use by example” Celestia reassures the guard
“I can feel it…the life in me is going…I…” The guard started going cold
“Say no more my loyal guard, go. Rest in peace, may the creator show the way” Celestia said

The guard put a smile on and then drew no more breath as he went still and no life remained as he died in Princess Celestia's hooves. Princess Celestia gave a kiss on the forehead on the guard and stood up. There was no time to bury the solider or anypony else, three lives may be in risk and plenty more on the way during the warpath of the Necromancer.

Celestia flew as a Golden comet throughout the sky, there was work to be done…

Author's Note:

Now Dead soldiers revived by a Necromancer may not be able to talk in other things. But here they can, even if they were good in life, they are now evil and bent to the will of the Necromancer. And also Zombie-like stuff because these guys can feast on the flesh of the recently departed.

Some may feel Celestia's fury out of character, but I rather think it's okay. What leader that cared about their subjects wouldn't be pissed if their subjects were attack under their muzzles.

PreviousChapters Next