• Published 24th May 2015
  • 754 Views, 4 Comments

A Rainbow's Lament - Pwincess



Shortly after Spike wore the Element Of Loyalty, the magic concealed deep within the gem chose him to wield it, replacing Rainbow Dash. Continue the story to read her lament.

  • ...
3
 4
 754

For Those Who Seeked The Truth

Her only shelter from the bullets that fell from the heavens was a gloomy cave which seemed like a castle to her after being stranded in the wilderness with no place to go. The wet, damp rock served as a pillow to the young Pegasus and her own wings were her blanket. Silver eyes stared blankly into the horizon, pondering if she would see her friends again or even find her way back. She missed everything about them. Her heart ached to see their warm, smiling faces. Rainbow thought of them until the mare's cheeks had been stained with tears. Hours passed by like milliseconds, and she woke up with a familiar scent dancing in her nostrils.

The grey Pegasus jumped up in surprise as she heard another tearful cry that did not belong to her. No longer was she in the cave she'd fallen to slumber in, but instead a long hall filled with stars and constellations. Windows framed with beautiful patterns decorated the sides, and staring out of them, discovered many other ponies. She desperately ran among all of them, thrusting herself up to see if her friends would be there. She came to the conclusion these were windows to another dimension, and if she found the right one and darted into it... She would return to the Equestria she knew and love.

It was like she'd turned into a madmare, frantically galloping aimlessly around every second that passed. It was when a giant explosion of blue light appeared was Rainbow really, truly petrified. It had clearly destroyed the sound barrier, and smashed it into little pieces, much like a Sonic Rainboom. The mare was forced to collapse on the floor due to the gravitational increase, and quickly, she discovered it had to be magic. For no pegasus had soared out of the light, and no alicorn did either. Not any winged creature that could ever be capable of doing it. She slowly backed away, but the flames grew until one last explosion sounded and Rainbow was thrown seventy feet in the air and crashed into a dimensional window.


Breathing heavily, she cried as she gasped for air. She awoke in somepony's bed, and a fragrance she knew very well tingled at her muzzle. She took a minute to calm herself, and then grew enough courage to examine her surroundings. The walls were made out of spruce wood, and a little lamp rested upon a bedside table. A fireplace sat below a painting of an apple orchard. There was rug on the floor that smelt awfully vintage, and there was not even an inch of glamour in it.

"Gee, if Rarity saw this she'd start crying." Rainbow Dash allowed her wings to tightly rest by her side as to avoid the leaking rain that constantly fell through the ceiling. She heard loud hoofsteps grow from hardly audible to like a scream, but when the door bolt open the sound died.

"Is she gonna be ah'right, big sis?" The voice of a young, country filly asked in a uneasy ring to the words.

"Ah wouldn't doubt it for a second, li'l sister. This 'ere mare seems mighty strong or else she would'a died long before we found 'er." A very familiar voice sang out in her accent.

Rainbow couldn't handle it any more and cautiously sat up to see the source of these sounds.

She found herself face to face with a young mare about her size with freckles in her silky orange fur and red eyes that reminded her of magma. The mare's blonde hair tumbled from a rusty hat and was tied by the end of it. Her mane was completely tangled, and in a worse state than that bundle of straw-like hair filled with split ends.

"Is that you, Applejack?"

Author's Note:

And no, the red eyes are not a mistake. Applejack may have green eyes in her dimension, but who said this dimension was their dimension :trixieshiftright: