• Published 24th May 2015
  • 754 Views, 4 Comments

A Rainbow's Lament - Pwincess



Shortly after Spike wore the Element Of Loyalty, the magic concealed deep within the gem chose him to wield it, replacing Rainbow Dash. Continue the story to read her lament.

  • ...
3
 4
 754

The Elements Speak

"You won't get away with this, Discord!" The regal mare lifted her hoof, her translucent mane rifting in an unnoticeable and quite frankly fake breeze forged from magic.

"Oh, I already have, Celestia. You know that."

"The impervious Twilight and her friends shall successfully defeat thee, discord, and imprison thee where thy tyrant must be imprisoned!" Luna stamped on the marble floor, her horn glowing a bright blue to threaten him.

"Impervious? Why they are more frail than your little Equestria here!" He pointed to the map, snickering as he snapped his finger to burn it. "I am ever so hungry. Anyway, since Equestria has burnt, you aren't their rulers so I'll be taking this!" He snatched their crowns from their heads and bit into it.

"Return it to us you foal!" Luna and Celestia snapped at the same time.

"Oh, but it tastes so good! I'll add some sprinkles," he pulled a few stars of the lunar alicorn's mane and place it on the melting jewellery, "and some cream too!" Cutting off a bit of Celestia's mane and placing it on top. "Sweet!"

"I hope you get DIABETES!"


The flabbergasted mare watched in awe as the magenta colour in her widened eyes soon dissolved, and the particles that still had their shine drifted away swiftly to the Element Of Loyalty ornament, which was now around Spike's neck. The element gave off a bright glow when the colour entered the sharp, lightning bolt shaped gem, levitating the young dragon of his heels and into the air.

Along with her eyes, Rainbow Dash turned grey. She had felt like this before, the feeling itself was very familiar. Multiple times she met this feeling, and yet she had never known it. It was like Satan himself had walked by her, his black and torn cloak held together with sorrow and grief. It was like he had thrown the cloak upon her, and she had been blinded. "Spike... Is the Spirit Of Loyalty... Which means... I'm not!" Rainbow's silvery eyes had now filled with tears, she'd been replaced by her own friends and herself. After all, the Element Of Loyalty was her, it was a part of her.

She didn't know what was worse. The fact her friends left her so quickly or the fact she had given up so fast. She couldn't move, her narrow, silver pupils stayed prominent on those five ponies and dragon. Her knees were trembling as she continued to gape. Princess Luna was probably pranking her with a dream. They would never ever... Ever... Would they?

She dropped onto the floor, feeling overcome with nostalgia as she did from the days when she hadn't a cutiemark and how she'd hated every other filly who had one. Jealous. That could be what she was feeling. Or replaced. Both were correct.

After an hour or two had passed, the mare leapt up and bared her teeth at them. Flicking her tail wildly, she found herself able to hiss a few words in response to the events. "Well, I don't need you guys either, I have so much better things to do!" She cantered far from them, and hopped helplessly in a desperate effort to get airborne. Fighting back her tears from falling, she raised her wings once more and let them fall and rise. "Why can I not-" her anger was interrupted by a certain missing symbol, and as she turned she realised her Cutiemark had faded completely. If it represented her ability to fly stronger than the sound barrier and flight in itself, but if she didn't have it, she wouldn't be able to fly at all. It was when darkness quickly engulf her was she well and truly annoyed. She turned to face the figure, darkness shielding it's face, and thrusted her hoof at it. "Why are you taking away me?" She demanded, expecting some failure of consolation, but it didn't come. A cackle echoed around her, the sound itself ringing in her ear.

"I did nothing." It cried amusingly.

"What's going on, lady?"

"I know repeating words gets boring, but nothing," if this creature had showed itself to Rainbow, she was sure it would be laughing, but as she tried to yell back, the figure spoke, "Dimensions, universes. Your lost in them. Your real friends are scattered around the different ones, your unlucky to have landed one where you never existed." Rainbow gaped until she felt her jaws touch the ground.

"Your lying!"

"That action is below me."

"Who are you?"

"Hm, a shadow. Goodbye, Rainbow Dash."

"What? You can't just tell me something like that and leave! I have questions! How come I don't remember anything? And If I really did How do I get back?"

"In time, you will know. Goodbye, Rainbow Dash."

"Come back! Come back or I'll... I'll..."