• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 300 Views, 3 Comments

I'm coming home - Dead Nation



Nightwake has survived what felt like the end of the world. Now she is going home to stop her mother even if it means sacrificing her own life.

  • ...
 3
 300

Knocking at my own door

I opened the gates slowly, quitly, not wishing to be spotted by any guards or Nightmare Moon herself. I got down low to the ground and stuck to the darkest of shadows. I saw things that a normal mind couldn't dream of. Methods of slowly killing ponies in manors so brutal they wish for death. My ears flattened against my head as I heard the agonizing screams. Yet at the same time I felt some kind of satisfaction deep inside myself. Was Nightmare Moon inside me as well as my mother. In just under two hours I was at the castle doors. I knocked on the door softly, than a little harder.

"Mother! Mother! I need to speak with you!" I called out. All the while I gripped my sword in my magic. The pony who opened the door was bruised, scratched, and beaten severly.

"You shouldn't be here. Go, get away while you can!" She exclaimed in a hushed whisper. I ignored her, pushing her out of my way as I continued into the castle. I drew my sword and kept on guard. The little resistance I met was weak, and barly required any effort. Finally I made it to the balcony.

"Nightwake. I've been waiting. This has been long coming hasn't it?" Nightmare Moons voice rang out. She looked out over the city, barly registering I was there. I didn't say a word but approched the balcony and looked at the slave pits below. I felt passive for a moment. Like this view was what I'd been waiting for forever. "Beautiful isn't it? Being able to see my judgement. Celestia still owns the after life, but I own life as it's known." I saw what she meant, why she said it.

"I remember the city from before, it was so colorful. Now it just feels gray." I said as I looked at the fifty diffrent shades of gray below me. It wasn't the most beutiful thing I'd seen, but it was amazing. Amazing somepony so innocent could turn to darkness and create this.

"This will all be your's one day. In the far distant future, when I'm gone." She said as she put a hoof on my shoulder.

"No, it won't be." I said as I pushed her hoof away. "I'm gonna free them today. I'll restore the world!" I yelled as I unsheathed my sword once more. She stood in a readied stance, creating a swords of simple magic energies. I was so fucked. I rushed at her, swinging my sword at her neck. She easily deflected it with her energies and swung at me. I gasped in pain as I looked down at the peice of my ear in the ground. Blood trickled down the side of my face as I winched. Suddenly I was filled with rage. I found tons more strength in every blow.

"Urrrraghh!" I screamed as I swung my sword at her with everything I had in me. I long gash from the top of her ribs down to her cutie mark appered. It gushed her goddly blood, making her cry out in pain. Our eyes locked, both of us filled with rage. Then we charged each other, blades ready to tear each others flesh apart. I dig my sword deep into her left hip, and she dug her sword into my right hip. I flinched in pain, just as she did. Pulling away.

"You at least are giving me a bit of trouble." She grinned, as if this was amusing to her.

"This has to end now!" I screamed.