• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 299 Views, 3 Comments

I'm coming home - Dead Nation



Nightwake has survived what felt like the end of the world. Now she is going home to stop her mother even if it means sacrificing her own life.

  • ...
 3
 299

Home away from Canterlot

It had been only a few short weeks since I'd met the two stallions I'd come to call my best friends when it happened. This old cave had become my home. I didn't even notice how lonely I was. I missed the lively talking, exchangin stories, laughing at each others jokes. The fire pit almost always burning bright, the cave walls seeming to radiate warmth rather than coldness. This wasn't anylonger just a shelter. This was my home. It was where I could relax. Where I was safe. My home had always been in Canterlot, but this almost felt the same.

The moon, as always, was high in the sky. The stars twinkled and seemed to dance about the sky merily. We had the fire going strong as we cooked a rather nice sized rabbit I had caught earlier. The meat began to drip juice halfway done that made my muzzle water. When it was finally ready the skin was a bit blackened and juices sizzled deep inside. Perfection. I took a knife and began to cut the meet. By time I had each slice on some old plates I'd scavanged my lover and his friend were drooling intensly. A few minuts later we sat with full stomaches.

"Perfection, I couldn't make it better myself!" Stone Cold said. I smiled at him. Life was beginning to become perfect. Happy. Straying away from the theme. Still, it was nice. I even enjoyed it. We sat around the fire pit a little while longer. Telling jokes, exchanging stories, laughing. It was a feeling a pure happiness. Topped off with comforting lullaby from all the creatures of the forest, and you might even call it peacefull. We would always and up going to sleep first, Stone Cold and I. I enjoyed his warm embrace. A moment of pure, blissful, peace.