• ...
 6
 1,066

Chapter one

Chapter one

“This is going to be amazing, can you believe it. An ancient ruin found after beaning lost for so many years.” Twilight said as she arriving at an excavation site with Applejack, Rarity, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

“Remind me why we’re coming here again big sis?” Apple Bloom asking Applejack and she replied “Cheerilee told us you three were falling behind on your history and Twilight said she could take you three to this excavation site to help you learn a thing or two. Also as long as there at least two adults with you three and luckily, Twilight, Raity and I are here to keep an eye on you three.”

Sweetie Belle came up to her sister and asked “Rarity I’m a bit confused aren’t excavation sites, involved in digging and getting dirt with all the mud, dust and that stuff?”

“Four reasons Sweetie Belle. One is that Fluttershy is visiting her parents at Las Pegasus, Pinkie Pie is at the hospital getting her tongue untied, don’t ask me how and Rainbow Dash is at a Daring Do convention in Cloudsdale. Two, rare gams are normally found at old ruins and if I’m lucky, I might take some home with me if the archaeologist don’t need them. Three Twilight need Spike to look after the library while she with us, And four is that I got my new air bath installed at home, so today is a good way to see how good it is.”

As the ponies got to the site, a unicorn stallion that has a brown coat also with blue mane came out of one of the tents and saw Twilight. “Twilight Sparkle it’s good to see you again. Last time I saw you started getting lesson from the princess, and how’s your bother last time heard from about him he got married to a princess, and I take it these friends of yours are joining us?”

Twilight nodded “it’s good to see you again Professor Mud. Of course, girls this is Professor Mud, he’s a good friend of my dad, Professor Mud this is Applejack and her little sister Apple Bloom.”

Applejack lifts her hat up and replied “Howdy” followed be her sister “Hi”

“This is Rarity and her little sister Sweetie Belle.”

“Oh my, smart and handsome, it’s very nice to meet you” Rarity replied. Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes at Rarity and said “Hi”

“And this little filly is Scootaloo.” Scootaloo hovered up and said “Hi Professor Mud, do you have a cutie mark?”

Twilight, Applejack and Rarity face hood simultaneously for that question Scootaloo asked him, only for Professor Mud to laugh. “Yes I so have a cutie mark, here I’ll show you.” Professor Mud turned to his side to show Scootaloo his cutie mark, his cutie mark is an old vase with a small brush next to it. “My cutie mark shows I’m good at uncovering and understanding ancient artefacts. Also I take it you little fillies are trying to earn your cutie marks?”

Sweetie Belle then steps in “That’s right Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and I are” All fillies say simultaneously “THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!” Apple Bloom then steps in “and it is our mission to discover our special talent to earn our cutie marks.”

Professor Mud couldn’t do anything but laugh “That’s what I like to see, kids full of life in them and ready to take on anything.” The CMC smiled over what he said.

“Let’s get some of the paper work in order then shall we? Lara dear can you come here for a minute please?” Another pony soon came out of the same tent that Professor Mud came out of. The pony coming to them is a female Pegasus has the same colour mane, but has a light green colour coat instead. When she got closer everypony is surprises how tall Lara is she’s as tall as Big Mac.

“Everypony this is my wife Lara, Lara this Twilight Sparkle I told you about, also these are her friends Applejack, Apple Bloom, Rarity, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.” Lara replied “it’s nice to meet you all. Can Twilight Sparkle, Applejack and Rarity come with me so we can fill in some forms, while we doing that, Mud can looks after the fillies.”

After Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity and Lara left to do some form filling. Sweetie Belle saw a warning sign next to them and decided to see what it says. To her surprise it’s about a pony she and the others meet before.

Warning
Name: Lyra Heartstrings
Kind: Unicorn
Sex: Female
Eyes: Moderate Tangelo
Mane: Pale light greyish cyan with white
Coat: very light aquamarine
Cutie mark: Lyre
This pony must stay about two miles away from this archaeology site.
If this pony if found in the site please report to the security or
the head office of the site.
Thank you.

“Excuses me Professor Mud, why dose Lyra poster of herself that telling us that she can’t come here?” “What? Oh her, we got a restraining order on her, because that pony has been a right pain to us for some time now.” Mud explained to Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo couldn’t help herself but ask. “Why, what did she do that you had to get a restraining order on her?” “Yeah, Why” said Apple Bloom “Apart from, every time we set up a new site for us to dig she always asking us what we found before we even started, looking into our work files behind are backs, going in to the site when no ponies are around taking what she finds without us knowing that might be important to us, even looking in our bins, all for just to know more about Hu-apes. Not much.” Mud explained to the three fillies.

“Oh, but I thought Hu-apes were just some made up story?” Scootaloo said. “That was the case Scootaloo but for some time now we found some signs that Hu-apes once lived long ago.” “If they did exist, what happened to them?” Scootaloo asked. “That’s what we hoping we would find in this ruin” Mud explained.

“I just hope Lyra doesn’t show up this time.” Mud said worrying. Sweetie Belle thought it would be the best to let him know. “Don’t worry Professor Mud, Lyra has gone to Appleloosa for a” “It’s AAAAPPLELOOSA! Not Appleloosa Sweetie Belle.” Apple Bloom interrupting Sweetie Belle. “Right, right, like I was saying, she at AAAAPPLELOOSA! For a few days and she just left yesterday, so you don’t have to worry right now.”

This has put a smile on Professor Mud face “thanks for letting me know Sweetie Bell. Now let’s see if the others have done those forms yet?”

Professor Mud takes lead as the fillies followed. “Wow I knew Lyra was crazy, but not this crazy” Sweetie Bell talking to Apple Bloom and Scootaloo “Yay” said Scootaloo. “Indeed” said Apple Bloom.

Meanwhile at Appleloosa.

*Achoo!* “Bless you Lyra” Braeburn said. “Thank you Braeburn” Lyra replied.