• Published 17th Jan 2015
  • 2,783 Views, 56 Comments

A New World, A New Dawn - Uber Reaper



'One must do all they can depending on the situation.' This applies even to anonymous trainer Eric Angelo alongside his team. Finding himself in a new world and finding a friend in a mare. He brought along a sense of duty as he attempted to reunite

  • ...
11
 56
 2,783

Chapter 6 : Relaxation Time

"One might as well continue their life, ignorant to everything that might happen. Perhaps that might be the best way, to just go with the flow. Though, it can't be that easy. Sometimes we are all taken from our happy little world to the real world, forced to face the reality that is the world. Either accept it or deny it. Within that lies a third option, by getting used to it....I did - Eric Angelo.

Play this as opening theme


The afternoon had gone well with how the community of various races that resided in Vanhoover worked their muscles off like a well-oiled machine, contributing to their herd-like society. If one were to fall, the others would help them up in order to continue the machine’s operation. Unfortunately the status quo would be undergoing some changes due to recent events, namely like how it did a few days earlier with the introduction of a species unknown to the community.

The people of Vanhoover in general didn’t know what to think about the new creatures now known as Pokemon, especially after learning from the voice in their heads that the Pokemon had been brought from another world. In the mean time, the Pokemon seemed to be going about their lives pretty freely, with some walking the streets while others flying about freely. However, considering how soon the event had been, the most peculiar thing at times was the occasional sight of a Pokemon or two walking and floating beside some of the ponies.

In short, this was an odd day, but it was an acceptable one to both Ponies and Pokemon. However, there was one case that was notably more odd than the others.

Within the house of one Solar Dawn, four Pokemon had become new additions to the household.

One Hydreigon seemed to be intently reading a book on the sofa while others are absentmindedly doing things with a thousand-yard like stare in their eyes, a Salamence who is laying curled in front of the sofa and a bubbly creature to the Hydreigon’s right is sitting down on the living room with a bored look on his face.

The owner of the house, a Bat Pony, sat at an architect table to the Hydreigon’s left, the table propped against the other side of the stand from where the Hydreigon is. Her face showed agitation, while somehow working her mind off on a sketch with a pencil clutched within the fetlock of her hoof.

With a sigh, Dawn put down her pencil on the small table to the right of her architect table. ”Can someone please say something already? I can’t stand awkward silences. It’s killing me.”

The Reuniclus rolled his eyes when he heard that. “Yeah, you made that pretty clear, Lady Dawn,” Will quipped, causing the mare to look at him with an annoyed look. Will shrugged. “Just saying.”

The voice of the only other female in the house caught her attention. “Just ignore him,” Sally said with a weary tone without so much as glancing between the two. “You’re wasting your time listening to his sarcasm.”

The Bat Pony scratched her head. “Yeah...I don’t get how you even get used to it. How do you do that?”

A sigh came out of the Dragon’s mouth. “You’re probably never going to get used to it. Personally, I never did myself with how he constantly spews that garbage out of his mouth. Heck, I don’t think anyone could get used to that.”

“Hey,” Will raised a bubbly arm up. “I will be gracious enough to say thank you if you kindly say the compliment to my face, please.”

Dawn frowned, deciding to take the Dragon’s advice to heart, and ignored the Multiplier. “I’ve been thinking.... maybe I’ll do just that.”

“Well, as the only two girls here,” Sally moved her eyeball to look at the mare. “Between you and me Dawn,I’m not one for gossiping or starting off conversations.”

“Yeah, you did a fine job back then.” Will added.

Sally decided to ignore him with gnashed teeth. “Anyway,” She said in a higher tone than necessary. “Gossip is just not my thing. But Helen? Yeah, I can imagine you’ll both grow close a lot more faster.”

“I can imagine that image in my brain. If Sally is actually gossiping with Helen, it’ll be a boon to us all.” Sally decided that it’s time to give his dose of daily death glare who made Will put up his arms in defense.

Seeing the two having their argument again, she scratched her head. “Whoever this Helen is, yeah sure, I’ll keep that in mind....” Dawn decided to leave the brewing argument.

The silence once again resumed as Dawn scratched her head in agitation at the return of the awkward silence. Even as the mare tried to work, she just couldn’t do it. The mare tried to think of anything, just anything to say to start off any form of conversation.

Glancing around the room, she spotted nothing of interest, except Eric who was currently indulging himself in a book.

Deciding to try another attempt, she took a deep breath before speaking. “Say, Eric. What are you reading?” This caused Eric to stare at her that creeped her out. “Uh, I mean...what book...are you reading?” The mare grinned nervously before scratching her head.

“Okay...where did that come from?” Eric mumbled, but nonetheless, he decided to play along for a while. “I’m reading a book, something called Equus Geography. You should know all about it by now.

Dawn tilted her head slightly, her earlier creeped out expression leaving when Eric pointed something unknown to her previously. “I should?”

“I’d done this before but you never asked questions...until now.” The mare still giving off a look, causing Eric to sigh and flicked his head up slightly. “Just look behind you”

“Huh?” Leading her head to the recently properly rearranged stacks of book, she knew who had done it after he had done reading. Dawn scratched head with a bewildered look on her face. “Wow, I didn’t notice that.”

“As I told you before, time fly when there’s something you either do or there’s something interesting happened. And this way, I can at least keep my minds occupied, instead of doing nothing.” Eric briskly replied before going back to the topic he’s reading.

The mare scratched her head with a grimace. “No arguments there, but what I don’t get it is that you’ve been reading books for the last few days to get rid of boredom, but non-stop after waking up? That’s plain over reading.” Eric raised an eyebrow at that one without looking at her, that caused Dawn to flinch upon realizing her choice of word. “Uh, no offense.”

“...none taken. Well, let me try to get a few things clear,” Glancing up from the book he is reading, Eric explained. “I figured that since we will be staying in Equus for an indefinite amount of time, I might as well learn anything and everything I can about it. I don’t want to get caught off guard if I saw something that I haven’t witnessed later on.”

Dawn was taken aback at this. She never would’ve thought that Eric would go out of his way to learn anything he can if he’s staying with her. She’s even more surprised that Eric actually learned the name of this world when she heard the name ‘Equus’.

Dawn scratched her head. “Okay, okay, okay, let me get this straight. With how this....Arceus or whoever caused this mass exodus from your old world, and he doesn’t seem to be planning on going back, you think that learning everything might be useful in the eventual long run?”

Eric nodded. “That’s the idea, yeah. And I don’t want to trouble anyone with questions, so I just figured that reading is the best option. Besides, seeing first hand is the best experience.”

Dawn didn’t know how to reply to that. Having a very considerate, but weird friend who is not only nice and observant, but also seemingly Tartarus-bent on doing things by himself. She gave off a sigh. “You’re full of surprises, you know that?”

“As I said, everyone has their own brand of surprises. They just have to find it.”

“And also quite the uplifter,” Dawn chuckled awkwardly while scratching her head doing so. “Seriously, though, I really think you should stop reading for a moment. I know you wanted to learn everything, but it won’t be that good.”

“And you really need to relax, Eric.” Sally decided to cut in unexpectedly by glancing over her shoulder which caused Eric to glance at Sally without even so much as putting his head up. “You’ve been reading books non-stop for the last two days. And I thought-”

A certain Multiplying Pokémon decided it’s time to intervene. “Nah, let him be, Sally.”

Sally frowned at his off-handed response. It had irked her more than earlier since this is their trainer they’re talking about. “Will! How can you say that? I thought we’re both on the same page here?”

“Yeah, I did say that, didn’t I?” Will looked back at Sally with an equal stare.

“Will....” Sally said in a warning tone.

Will scoffed mentally. “While I like to see how he attempt to read a book until he faints, of course I still care for him. He’s our trainer and friend, as you put it.”

The Dragon’s frown vanished in an instant when he heard a familiar voice in her mind. She found that Will decided to turn the conversation into that of a mental one. But she wasn’t that surprised by the turn of events since knowing that Will did this all the time when discussing something classified. “Then....what do you-“ Will quickly cut her off.

“...what do you mean?” The Pokémon scoffed. “I’m a lot of things, a sarcastic idiot is one of them, but I’ve hardly found any reasons to be called ‘inconsiderate toward our trainer’. Everything he does, he does so for a reason. And what I mean is that he could-“

“Man, will you guys just shut up already!?” A young-sounding voice cut into their mental conversation. “Isn’t there anything else you guys can do? I’m the victim of listening to you guys about to argue there and argue here again! Victim I say and it’s getting old! Seriously, even a Meowstic can have a lot more fun.” Said Pokémon, Dominus the Rufflet, absentmindedly pecked on some fruit on the table in front of Will while cutting into the conversation.

The Rufflet felt that the un-mental part of the conversation about to turn into their daily argument...again. Not knowing the fact that their mental argument had all, but canceled the incoming perceived argument. So he decided to use the water to douse the fire by cutting into the conversation.

The curled up Dragon looked at Will and was about to respond but the Multiplying Pokémon beat her to it. “Sorry, kid,” Will replied instead, not using telepathy this time. “Unless anyone has a better idea, I guess we could take the train or just have Sally fly you around in a merry-go-round style. Well you know, you can try it, but don’t blame me when you fall to your death....” He said in sarcastic tone.

This caused the Rufflet to fume at the implication. “Not cool, man. Seriously. Not. Cool!” Dominus shouted back indignantly. Being reminded that he still couldn’t fly properly didn’t sit well with him.

That caused Sally to all, but forgetting her last conversation with him, albeit mentally. “Will, I told you, keep your mouth shut around the kid!” Sally snarled dangerously. “I don’t want you being a bad influence to the Rufflet.”

Will put up his bubbly arm in mock defense. “Oh, don’t mind me. I figured it was the best time for me to point something out. Unless, well, you have a better idea of fun like the kid just said. Feel free to indulge us in it. I’ll just shut my mouth for now since you seems to be an expert in having fun.”

“That’s....” Sally tried to think of a way to respond, but couldn’t find any answer in her brains.

“Yeaaaahhh?” The Multiplying Pokémon said in a drool.

Her brain had decided to abandon her at the last moment. She decided to just lay her head down again. “Whatever....”

“Yeah, told you.” Will grinned victoriously before returning to telepathy with Sally once more. “And for the sake of finishing our last conversation earlier, I said that our trainer could take care of himself just fine. That’s why I told you not to worry about him too much.”

Without properly turning her head toward him, she replied with a growl. ”...I just don’t know. I don’t even know how I managed two conversations at once back there.”

“Hey, grandpa! I’m not done talking to you!” The Rufflet said indignantly for the fact that the Reuniclus had ignored him.

The Reuniclus put up his arm. “Hold that thought. This is adult talk here. You can have fun in the backyard like any good kid should, unless you want to be spanked in the butt for interrupting a conversation with the good lady here?”

“Shut up, Will!” Sally quickly made a slicing motion across her neck as a signal for them to continue conversation in their mind instead of trying to annoy a kid. Will shrugged.

Dominus looked at the Reuniclus with a look of deadpan on his face. The bird shook his head in weariness. “What a nutjob....” Dominus muttered with a roll of his eyes. He jumped down from the table he is perched on before walking away, not wanting to deal with the Reuniclus any longer.

The mare who was watching the conversation shook her head. “He can say that again,” Dawn said while clutching the golden winged-brooch looped around her neck, wise enough to stay out of the conversation when Sally decided speak.

Oddly, she still had an understanding of their conversation despite the fact that the translation spell supposedly wearing off about a day ago. It was thanks to the charm she wore that acted as a sort of universal translator.

Eric couldn’t help but agree with that kind of behaviour. The Hydreigon sighed with grimace appearing on his face, resisting the urge to rub his forehead in annoyance. “Dammit....of all the time for them to have an argument...”

Dawn’s attention who is currently on the argument, decided to shift to the Hydreigon upon hearing his voice again. “Huh, did you say something?”

“Nothing....” Dawn felt that their conversation had ended right there..not that it was a solid one to begin with when Sally interrupted her before Will joined the party.

With a sigh of weariness, she looked around the house. She spotted Sally who curled up on the carpet in front of the reading Eric. Will was relaxing by the sofa in the living room and Dominus had just taken a perch on the head rest beside Eric’s head, tilting his head to read whatever Eric was reading. Judging from their general expression, they all seemed to give off the vibe that screams, ‘I’m bored with nothing to do’.

Not one for the silence, she started to fidget as another bout of awkward silence occurred for probably the dozenth time in last few days.

“Well, they have been spending time in my house for a while. Of course, anypony sane enough would get bored.” Looking back at Eric, she frowned.

Her mouth made an instant ‘o’ upon realizing an idea she had and what day is it. “Wait, I have an idea!”

Taking a deep breath, the mare soon took hold of everyone’s attention in the room like a charismatic leader would to his followers. “Can I have everyone’s attention?” The magic word caused everyone to pay attention to the mare in question behind the desk right behind the counter. “....uhhhh.” She wanted to get their attention, but not this way that it would get awkward.

“Dawn, is there something you want to say?” Eric raised an eyebrow in question.

That broke her out of the trance. “Uh, yeah, right. Well, I have this idea, though I’m not sure about you guys.” The mare scratched her head in nervousness.

Everyone just continued to stare at her in bewilderment, for once Will didn’t say anything. Seeing her becoming nervous, Eric gestured for her to continue. Taking a deep breath, she added. “How about....uhm...the beach?”

That caused more confusion at first than agreement. But Eric realized what she is implying. “....just where is she getting all these ideas? Hmmm...let’s see how this plays out.” Eric mumbled in thought.

Dominus tilted his head. “Beach?”

“It’s beach, kid. B-E-A-C-H. You need to learn how to listen to adults like a good kid less they get spanked.” The Reuniclus quipped.

Dominus had just about enough of the Reuniclus when he is saved from the trouble of a retort by Sally. “Oh, for the love of... shut your mouth. Do I have to stuff a pile of garbage into your mouth like all that garbage that you spew out every freaking day?”

“Hey, cool off.” Will put up his right arm. “I was just reminding the kid who’s the grown up around here. It’s what grown ups do: they remind their kids about disciplines.”

“Like I need you for reminder, ‘grandpa nutjob’.” Dominus made sure to put more emphasis into the ‘grandpa nutjob’ word.

When Will is about to retort, someone cut into the conversation. “Can we get on with this already?” The familiar voice cut off any more argument when it revealed to be an annoyed Eric.

“Sure, right after I’m done pointing things out. But don’t wait up for me, please.”

Like usual, Eric took the sarcasm as the cue to focus only on Dawn. “What brought you to offer us a trip to the beach, Dawn?” Eric asked, ignoring Will’s quip.

The mare chewed her lips as she tried to think of a response to his question. She never thought he would figure it out sooner. “....about that.” Dawn scratched her head in thought, until she shakes her head. “Ah, to Tartarus with it, I’ll just say it straight and clean. You guys are tired. I mean, cooped up in the house for several days with nothing to do except rolling around? That gets on my nerves enough times as it is. So yeah, I’m offering a trip to the beach.”

“Understatement of the century, Lady Dawn.” Will added, causing Sally to shot him another look that told him to ‘shut up’. He complied easily enough.

Dawn was currently face hoofing at the absurd amount of sarcasm he is able to throw around with reckless abandon, but she threw the thought away in favor of continuing the conversation. “So, what do you guys think? I mean, we could do a lot of things out there. Plus, I heard from some of my friend that the weather is great today, it’ll be great.” The Bat Pony smiled with the thought of them agreeing to get out of the cooped up house for once and rid the accursed boredom.

None responded immediately, but it’s broken when Will just shrugged before saying. “I’ll follow whatever the brooder decides.”

Sally glanced over her shoulder to her trainer. “Eric?”

Said former human is in deep thought while putting a head under his chin. “Hmmm, I think....she does have a point. We’ve been staying here for the last few days all cooped up without any reason to do anything. It might be great to stretch out my le....wings for a while.” And the three-headed Dragon made his decision that granted Dawn’s wish. “Why not? It’ll be nice for a little while.”

Will clapped his arm together. “Great, the court is adjourned, let’s prepare ourselves for a lovely afternoon. I heard the weather is lovely to get ourselves some sunburn.” Everyone stared at him again like he had multiplied himself just now. “What? It is a lovely day out there.”

“Here’s hoping that everything will go as well as you say,” Eric muttered sourly.


Soon enough, they left the house while barely packing any supplies, except for Dawn who is just packing a saddlebag.

They walked throughout the suburbs before entering the downtown area proper, the district where ponies often go to work above all else. Tall buildings that might as well be spears to pierce the sky dotted the street if one is to see everything from the skies with inhabitants prowling the streets alongside the occasional Pokémons like Aron, Fletchling, even some Whimsicotts. Some random Pokémons also accompanied the ponies.

As the group walked (or floated for Eric and Will’s case), some ponies stared at them, especially at the town’s well-known Bat Pony. It is true that Pokémon have been roaming around the entire city for the last few days, but the ponies couldn’t keep their eyes off of the mare who kept some weird company. Whispers from onlookers were spoken as the group moved towards their destination. While Eric with Sally to his right and Will just following behind Dawn generally didn’t pay them any mind, the same could not be said for Dawn.

As one who couldn’t stand awkward silence, silence easily agitated Dawn. Dominus, who was currently on her head looked downward at the mare below him who had lowered her head for some reason.

Being stared at also agitated Dawn.

The Rufflet bent low so he could look at Dawn upside down. “Dawn?” The mare didn’t respond which worried the Rufflet. “Dawn, what’s wrong with you!? You’re being all down for no reason.”

The mare in question took a several deep breath to calm her nerves. “I’m okay...I’m okay. Just.... not so good when being....stared at.”

The Rufflet looked worried at the mare’s sign of stress which is written on her face. So he resolved to do something about it. “Don’t worry, you got me on your head so they’re staring me too. So I know it’s going to be cool. You know, Sharing the load and all that.”

The fact that her newfound friend had attempted to cheer her up calmed her down, at least for a while. She put a hoof up and scratched his chin, causing the Eaglet to smile. “Thanks. I needed that.”

And thus the group continued their march in silence. It didn’t take quite long for them to traverse through the streets prowling with ponies and other species who practically made way for them, either out of fear or just wanting to slink away out of nervousness. No one paid attention, except for Dawn.

Finally, Dawn got a look at their destination, inwardly relieved that she had got out of that cluster of stares. “Well, here it is,” Dawn moved forward first before using a hoof to present the gateway into the beachhead. “The Vanhoover Beach, called Ingleton. Where tourists or other inhabitants spend their day relaxing here.”

Her company could see what made the beach special. It stretched across the entire district end with an wall o f qual hight serving as a barrier, the cream colored wall going up to Eric’s torso if he was still a human. Only the entrance was visible, which was a sea blue arch-shaped sign with the word ‘Welcome’ painted in white.

The entrance itself has revealed the wave of the seas gently washing onto the shore before slinking away. Many of the ponies at the beach were simply relaxing or basking in the sun. A single folding chair is lined across the beach for anyone to freely use.

Many ponies and griffons alike had entered the beach with them not packing any clothing except that some of them carried baskets on their backs or bitten in their mouth, either alone or with several others like family or friends judging by the variety of genders in one group or the same one altogether.

Eric nodded. “Hmmm, it’s seems to be quite nice.” He floated forward alongside his team. Sally was inwardly giddy while Will attempted to look bored.

This also peaked Dominus’ interest, not noticing the mare he was perched on wasn’t moving. “Woohoo, beach time! This is going to be awesome!” The bird declared with shining eyes full of excitement.

That’s when Dawn decided to break the news. “Sorry, little guy, but....” The mare scratched her head while grinning awkwardly, staring up at her head’s occupant. “We got work to do....”

His happiness had been stolen by the magic word. “Whaaaat! Ah, man, and the weather looks nice too.” Dominus bowed his head in grievance.

Eric overheard the mare and turned around to face her who he had nearly left behind. “Are you coming with us?” Eric floated around to look at the mare.

Eric noticed the frozen reaction she gave off for a moment. “....Uh, well, about that...” Dawn scratched her head while chuckling awkwardly. “Well...I don’t know how to put it...”

“Is there something the matter?”

“Uhhh, yeah. You could say that.”

Eric already figured out what it is which caused him to sigh. “Is this about the sketch you’ve been doing earlier?”

The Bat Pony chuckled awkwardly at being found out. “Uh-huh.“ The Bat Pony figured that there’s no use hiding it now, might as well reveal it. “That’s the sketch for the order I need to finish the day after tomorrow.”

Eric had found out two days ago that the mare who had allowed them to stay at her house was an artist who regularly took orders as part of her daily earnings. It wasn’t much, but the Bat Pony said that it was enough for herself. In fact, Dawn said that she could buy her house itself in a few years rather than paying rent.

That caused alarm bells to ring in the three-headed Dragon’s head. “....if you have some order to be finished then....why do you suggest all of us going to the beach in the first place? I don’t really get it.”

That caused the mare to flinch for a few seconds before regaining her bearings. She sighed. “I swear to Celestia, your observations will be the end of me.”

As usual, the Hydreigon didn’t give any reply which caused the mare to think it’s her cue to continue. “Uh, how should I say this? I just can’t stand awkward silences all the time, for some reason it just....made me feel uncomfortable. From the way you and how everyone is acting, it seems that you’re....uhhhh...what was it again? Celestia, that came out wrong again.”

“Bored?”

“Uh, yeah, that. I just figured that as a good host maybe I should....well, you know....” Dawn absentmindedly traced a circle on the concrete with her hoof. “You do the math.”

“Won’t you need help?” Eric questioned.

Just like that, his offer was quickly shut down. “Oh, no, no, no. No, you don’t, you’re going to the beach and relax. I got it this time.” The mare waved her forehoof around.

“I think that you will need all the help, Dawn. It’s just the way it is.”

“I appreciate the gesture, but seriously, you’ve been helping me for the last two days that it’s getting to the point of being ridiculous, even for a guest. Besides, I got the little guy with me, so we should be fine....at least when Will...isn’t around. No offense.”

“Yeah, that grandpa seriously have some issues, dude. Not healthy and not cool. A bad combination.” Dominus pointed out.

“In other words Will is getting on both of your nerves?” Dawn let out a sheepish smile with a scratch of her head, Eric nodded in understanding. “Fair enough....I won’t be keeping you then. Do what you need to do.”

“Wait, wait, wait, you’re brushing me off, just like that? Are you sure about that?” His response was a nod. “But wait, what if you don’t know the way home? What if you get lost in this....” Motioning her right foreleg around the crowds around her location. “...crowd. And that’s why it’s not a good idea. Yeah, not gonna happen. Maybe I should just stick by you guys. The sketch can wait.”

“She thinks I’m her friend, huh? Honestly, I’m quite flattered.” Eric muttered before sighing. “I think I can remember well enough what your house looks like. I don’t think that will happen with my friends to help me.”

“But, but, I can go back and grab the sketch! I can stick by you and finish the whole thing here and now!”

“Yeah!” Dominus flared his wings out. “Friends stick by each other! It won’t be cool to abandon each other! Way uncool!”

“Eric!”

“Hmmm?” Glancing over his shoulder at the call of his name, he spotted Sally and Will who were waiting for him by the gate where ponies flooded in and out of it. They had went on without noticing they had missed their trainer.

“Hey, the weather has taken a shine today for a good old sunburn.” Sally snapped her head at Will and he wisely kept his mouth shut for now.

“Be right with you!” The Hydreigon shouted back with equal force before turning back to Dawn. “As I told you, I can remember which way your house is, so there shouldn’t be trouble.” Eric’s voice then turned into a mumble as he spoke to himself, “I just hope it stays that way for today. But I wouldn’t count on it.”

Dawn tried to argue, but realizing that it will futile with her new friend, seeing as he can be quite resolute in his decision. Instead, she gave in with a sigh. “Alright, alright... you’re quite stubborn when set on something, you know that? Just....please for the love of Celestia, just try to keep an eye on....Will. He’s not exactly the most...” She wracked her brain for the right word. Only to came up blank. “...Uhhh....what was the word for it?”

Eric raised an eyebrow. “....considerate?”

“Right, not the most considerate person or Pokémon I’ve ever met.” She flinched upon realizing what she had said. “Oh, sorry, that seriously came out wrong.”

The Hydreigon nodded. “Don’t worry about it. And sure, I’ll keep an eye on him.”

“Of that, of course, I will.” Eric mumbled dryly.

Dawn sighed with relief “That’s one thing for me to get off my chest. Don’t want a mob of angry ponies beating down on my house just because of a slip.” Dawn flinched slightly at the prospect of that happening. Imagining the scenario where ponies with torches, pitchfork, axes, pickaxe and the like coming to grab Will.

Eric replied immediately, quickly putting a comforting arm head against her shoulder. “That won’t happen, Dawn.”

“At least if Will can tone down the sarcasm.” Eric muttered.

Noticing his moving lips, she smiled nervously. “You sure seem to like to mumble to yourself. Did you know that?” Dawn scratched her head with a frown.

“Yeah.....my friends have pointed that out a few times.”

The fact he didn’t deny it creeps her out. Thought, she quickly threw away the thought and shakes her head. “Ah, forget about that. Here I am, hoping you got the best day in the beach.”

“Well, guess I’ll see you guys later. And before I forget.” Dawn turned around, but not before fishing something out of her saddlebag. Eric quickly caught whatever she tossed. It was revealed to be a book. “There’s some reading material if you’re bored. Good luck on the beach. But don’t forget to bring it back. I need it because the deadline for returning it is today.”

The Rufflet turned around on the mare’s head and excitedly waved his right wing at Eric. “See you later, Eric! Gotta help Dawn do her artistic stuff.”

Eric merely put down his right arm where the book is clutched by head after looking over it. “I just hope that everything would turn out alright....just this once.” The three-headed Pokémon mumbled before floating to join his team for their planned relaxation at the beach.


It took the three no time at all to set themselves up for a day at the beach. Eric was silently reading a book on a folding chair for relaxation. Glancing up from his book, he took on the sight of the beach.

Ponies, griffons, minotaurs, and even a few Pokémon, the most numerous being Poochyena, Staravia, and Vivillon, were happily rolling in the sands, flying around with some even resting happily or flying around besides the natural inhabitants of the planet. Even some Marill, and Azumarill were running around the beach while foals played with them.

True to word, they were enjoying it. Kids were happily playing with the new arrivals since they had shown up and have been largely introduced into the populace. But to his observant eyes, he could see still some of those populace were still largely unused to the new arrivals or just plain hate them because some of those Pokémons are....foreign to them, especially the adults. This is visible with how livid some of those ponies looked.

Eric sighed. “It would indeed take a while for everything to settle down to the way it used to be.” He whispered, before remembering he was supposed to keep an eye on someone. What that someone did caused him to raise an eyebrow.

Will was silently building a sand castle without using water, largely using his Psychic powers to prevent the castle from collapsing on itself. While Eric stared for a little while regarding why Will even build a sand castle, he just shook his head and let the Reuniclus get back on whatever he’s doing.

He then turned his attention to a certain Dragon. Sally was just laying there while playing with her Flamethrower, letting out short bursts of flames on the pile of sand she had created to harden it.

Some ponies had just stared at the Dragon that looked out of place playing sands like that. In their minds, Dragons are fearsome creatures, not the kind that play around in the sand or breath fire on it.

Eric smiled for once. “Well, they seem to be having fun. Even if my idea of fun is just reading a book, at least....it’s quite relaxing.” Eric muttered under his breath, leaving his team to do whatever they want at the beach. Silently, he kept vigilant ears on whatever Will was about to say or do next.

Sally was busy in her own world, trying to create some sort of mini statue about her trainer as a human. “Almost.....don’t fall on me now.” The unrecognizable pile that is the future statue had failed when it has collapsed again even when she tried to harden it.

Frustrated at her failed attempt, she lightly kicking the sand away. “Ah, the hell with the stupid sand. Why does is it have to be so hard!?”

With her recent attempt failed, the Dragon turned to see whatever her teammate is doing. She had all but deadpanned when she saw that the sarcastic Reuniclus is busy developing a sand castle.

A castle.

If she wasn’t so ticked off with him, she would call it impressive and say something about his creativity.

But her deadpan stare disappeared at the height which the sandcastle is developed and how it is positioned in front of the Reuniclus. A devious grin formed itself on her face.

Meanwhile, the Reuniclus is also busy in his own world, attempting to create yet another figure. “There done,” Will had finished the final touch. He floated back to see his handiwork. He couldn’t help but grin at the size of the five tower castle he created as well as the almost life-like appearance should it be a real castle. “Quite impressive, if I do say so myself.”

His happiness decided now was a good time to go out to lunch when the sand castle exploded outward and straight into his face. When dust settled literally, Will is there, still floating where he was, but with the added sand pile on top of his head that is shaped like a cone head.

He wasn’t amused. He looked straight forward to witness a familiar team member who waved her tail back and forth, snickering before trotting off like nothing had happened. It wouldn’t take a genius to figure it out.

The Multiplying Pokémon rolled his eyes sarcastically as he witnessed the oldest member of the team acting like a Bagon again. “...And they say I’m an inconsiderate and sarcastic idiot.” He shook his head, freeing himself from the cone-like sand pile.

Will looked at Sally before staring at the small sand dune created when Sally swiped her tail across it and caused the castle to collapse. Then he got one devious idea that caused a grin to be etched on his face.

“Hey, Sally?” The yell of Will caught her attention again.

Before she could trot off, she looked back at him, seeing that familiar grin on his face and both arms are put forward. If one is to look closely, there would be several sweats running down his body. Sally gave him a deadpan look. “....Will, don’t you dare!” She said in a warning tone.

“Me?” Will said in a mock innocence. “Why, I wouldn’t dare to do so.”

Sally sighed, keeping her stare at him. “That annoying grin on your face, should be enough of an indication.”

Will scoffed. “Am I really that easy to read?”

“Wasn’t that hard. Even an idiot like that bird could spot you’re up to something from a mile away.”

“Oh? Really, we’re pointing fingers now? Then maybe I should point out what kind of hypocrite you are? Thought it would be gentlemanly of me to point out a few mistakes, no?”

Her response is to give him a deadpan glare. “Will, you’re hardly a gentlemen.” Sally deadpanned. “You’re just one hell of a sarcastic idiot.”

Will raised an invisible eyebrow before making way for a grin.”Why thank you, that describes me perfectly. And I really think you should look either at your feet or upward now.”

“Huh?” Sally felt some kind of substance fell onto her face continuously. Sally quickly realized it was sand, and it leaked down her snout. And she also noticed that what appeared to be a large shadow that overtook her own and blotted out the sun in her vision. The Dragon widened her eyes in realization what that shadow meant by quickly looking up.

Her eyes found themselves staring upward with a dumbfounded look on her face as a sand leaked down her snout, but she barely paid attention to it. What appeared to be a large amount of sands, possibly tons of the stuff, levitated above her with some sand leaking down of it around her. She knew that Will is quite the powerful Psychic, but....this? This was new. Levitating large amount of tiny pebbles is not easy.

Her train of thought halted when she heard his sarcastic tone. Looking back at him. “Why don’t you have a shower? I’ll be happy to bathe you.” He grinned before baring the tons of sand of his Psychic power by letting his arm slack.

The sands fell.

Sally didn’t have enough time to say anything as the sand is dumped right on top of her, burying her completely while creating a mini sand dune.

Almost everypony in the vicinity of the beach stared in bewilderment at the poor Dragon who was currently buried under possibly tons of sand. They waited for any form of response from the buried Dragon. It came sooner than they expected when a small part of the sand burst out and leaving a draconic head sticking out of it.

Sally furiously shook her head free of the sand that lingered on her forehead and snout. As soon as she is sure that there is no more of the tiny substance sticking around her face, she glared at the Pokémon responsible for her current predicament. ”Will! What did you do that for?”

“Figured that a quick shower for the premier Dragon Pokémon of our group would stimulate her senses enough to stop acting like a child. It’s quite effective, no?” Will made his signature shit-eating grin.

The Dragon snarled. “I have already awoken enough this morning!” Sally squirmed in place in an attempt to free herself, but the sand had immobilized most of her motoric functions. “Will, get me out of here!”

“Why should I do that? I mean, unless you are forgetting about the two appendages sticking out of your back, then I’m not really seeing how can I be useful in freeing you. What a great day for one to forget their own physiology.” The bubbly Pokémon said haughtily.

She realized what Will meant when he said ‘two appendages’. “....right, wings....” She admitted reluctantly.

With a forceful flare of her wings, the sand dune flared violently, causing the sand to fly everywhere. The dust settled sooner and revealed the Dragon in all her glory, shaking her entire body like a dog would to rid herself of any unwelcome sand on her body.

As soon as she’s finished, her glare found the grinning Reuniclus. “Will, why don’t you-“

“Hey, watch it!”

“I got sands in my basket!”

“Kyaaa!”

“My eyes!”

“No, my precious stamp! Celestia, why is this happening to me? Why!?”

Her rant is quickly cut off when she heard voices of discomfort from various genders around here. Looking around the place, it would appear that flaring her wings suddenly is not a good idea after all. Sands on top of somepony’s head, sand that suddenly piled on their hind legs, sand that had gotten into somepony’s eyes, sands that had gotten into someone’s belonging, etc.

Generally, some of the ponies that had got their senses back had turned to glare at the Dragon responsible for their current predicament. They are not amused if Sally could still see expressions correctly.

Realizing that someone is responsible for pointing out that she could use her wings to free herself. She turned to look back at the Pokémon. “Will....” Sally said

Will had turned around to let his back have a face off against Sally, whistling innocently while doing so. If a glare could turn a Reuniclus into a vapor, he would be learning how to live as a cloud. “Will, turn around when I’m talking, you little-“

“Yay, that was fun! Do it again, Mr. Dragon!”

“Huh?” The child-like voice jolted her out of her planned rant. She looked downward to her left to see a pony foal with a brown coat and white mane staring up at her with excited eyes.

“Come on, Mr. Dragon! Do the ‘sand expel’ again!” The foal starting to jump in place in his excitement. But seeing the wings on the Dragon’s back, his grin widened a few inches. “Mr. Dragon, I wanna ride you, I wanna ride you!”

“W-what?” To the boy who is doing the best impression of a bouncy doll, she sounded like ‘Sal-mence?’ as the translation spell burned out.

“Burst!” The feminine yell revealed another pony, a mare with a blue-ish coat and equally white mane as pure as the snow like her son who is galloping like a mad mare.

When she reached the foal, she acted by quickly pushing her foal away from the Dragon, she in turn stepped backward to address her son. “Burst, thank Celestia you’re alright. Did the dragon hurt you?” The mare scrutinized her son for any sort of injury, sighing inwardly when there is none.

“No, mommy, but-“

The mare cut him off. “And what have I told you about going away with strangers?”

“But mommy...” The foal whined while letting off a pleading look to the mare.

Though the look would work on some parents, this time, it doesn’t work on a mare that knows their children the most. This case applied for this mare. “No, buts, young stallion. You are not allowed to play with strangers without supervisions, and that’s final!”

“But,” The word caused the mare to frown, but his attention wasn’t at her in the moment, but by glancing to her right toward the dragon who is looking back at him with straight face. “He looks nice.”

Taking a glancing look at the dragon in question who look at them with a straight face then turned to stare into her son’s eyes. “Burst, what have told you earlier about playing with strangers?”

“Uhm, that a good foal shouldn’t play with ponies you don’t know about?” The foal tilted his head.

The mare nodded. “And this stranger is a dragon, who knows what she could do to you. What if she eats you like the dragons in the stories I told you about?”

Hearing the words, Sally looked toward the mare with an indignant look on her face. “I’m not going to eat him.” She mumbled.

“Nah, she won’t do that, lady.” A new voice spoke through their respective minds. Turning to the source, Will is approaching them with his signature grin adorning his expressions.

The fact that this creature are now speaking to her in her mind was visible with the fact that none of those two were moving their mouths. She nearly jaw dropped while her son looked back and forth with his child-like innocence.

”Let me list the thing that Sally will do! Eating is out of the list, but rampaging on the other hand....Yeah, try to image this Dragon here,” Will pointed at Sally to his left. “Flying around while spewing flames from her mouth. Excellent image, yeah? Don’t worry, we all get our chances to ride on the rampaging Dragon here for free.”

Sally had realized he’s speaking mentally now. But she had since replaced that thought with a horrified one. The same could be said for the mare who is using a hoof to cover her mouth. “You’re not helping!”

“She won’t bite your son, eat him or make a fried pony out of him.” Will said in an off-handed manner.

“Thank you!” Sally was relieved that for once Will actually spoke straight instead of being accompanied by a sarcasm or sarcastic tone, even if his sentences still a bit dark.

“See mommy!” The foal pointed at the Dragon with a grin. “The Dragon is nice! C’mon, mommy, c’mon, I wanna ride on him.” The foal pulled off yet another puppy-dog face. The mare chewed her lips.

Sally frowned at the request, but seeing that the foal had pulled off one of those infamous puppy dog face, the foundation of her defenses instantly crumbled. But being one of the most sensible member of the team beside Helen, she knew better than to comply with the foal’s request

Instead, she turned toward her trainer who is slowly watching the exchange. “Eric?”

Her Hydreigon trainer nodded curtly. “Sure, do what you think is best. But remember to be careful. I don’t want you to take responsibility for any accidents that might happen.”

“Got it! Thanks, Eric.” Sally nodded in return with a smile.

“Alright, little guy,” Turning to look at the foal in question, she crouched down so she could be at eye-level with him.

“I’m not little!” The foal said indignantly, puffing out his cheek in the process.

Sally grinned at his attempt to look mature, but it failed in the eyes of a true adult. “Sure you are.” She mused. “Anyway, what do you say that you ask your mommy to allow you to ride me for a few moment?”

“Really?” Sally nodded. The foal’s excitement gone to new heights. “C’mon, mommy! It’ll be fun.”

The mare looked at her son with uncertainty written on her face. “I don’t know, it might be dangerous. What if you fell off?”

“And don’t forget lady our Dragon lady friend will only drop your son if she’s acting a little bit crazy, which I think she is right now.” Will added nonchalantly.

The poor mare stared at the bubbly thing like he had somehow split into two more. “SHE’S GOING TO WHAT?” The mare yelled in a shrill tone before clutching her son tightly to her chest with her right foreleg.

The Dragon Pokémon looked like she’s going to drop him in a tank of Sharpedos. “Will! I swear, if you don’t shut your mouth right now, I’m gonna-” Sally all, but yelled at the Multiplying Pokémon. Frustrated at his attempt at various sarcasm that only makes things worse.

Will put up his bubbly arm in submission. “Hey, no need for swearing. There are kids here.” Motioning to everything around him, there were not only adults watching the argument but foals as well. “For the sake of preserving sanity around here, I’m going to shut my mouth now. It would be one of the best days to see some foals imitating some swear words...”

“Good. Make sure you zip it shut!” Sally ordered, Will only just shrugged nonchalantly. “I won’t drop your foal, I swear on it on my trainer’s honor.”

The mare went silent for a moment upon hearing the word ‘trainer’, but she thought it would be better if she didn’t question it if she didn’t want to anger the dragon.

Even after that reassurance, the mare still couldn’t help but had second thoughts about allowing her foal to play with the dragon. Sure, she heard that this dragon is quite docile, which was far from the stories she had heard about giant dragons but she won’t risk her son’s life.

But looking back at her son, she is once again bombarded by his puppy dog eyes that wearing down the wall toward her heart. “Pwease, mommy. I’ll be good, I promise.”

The mare chewed her lips as she tried to look away from the puppy dog eyes. It does it’s job well when it came to persuasion. Even the most hardened heart that had practiced couldn’t dare say the infamous ‘no’ with that kind of face directed toward a parent.

Finally, her defenses crumbled to her son’s constant attack. She sighed before waving the metaphorical white flag. “Alright....” Before her son could ‘yay’ in accomplishment, the mare added. “BUT....hold on tightly. And you....don’t drop my son for any reason.”

”Why would I drop him? I’m an experienced flyer.” Sally thought sourly, not noticing the weight that had hopped on her back.

The weight’s voice suddenly cried out excitedly as he sat on his haunches. “Let’s go, let’s go!” He excitedly

The Salamence just shook her head. “Alright, hang on tight, kid!” Before he could say another word, the G-Force nearly overtook him as he held on for dear life. The Salamence properly took off, causing the mare to crouch as the Salamence’s claw nearly graced her face.

The foal was having the time of his life, screaming as Sally gently glided across the air. She made sure to stick her legs out in order to reduce the drag with the air passing over her being.

Some of the ponies on the ground watched on as the Dragon who had made herself known a few days ago was gliding gracefully in the air, carrying a screaming, but excited foal as he waved down on the city inhabitants looking up at them. Either way, they would either stare with jaws hanging open or just sitting with utter bewilderment on their face.

The flight ended sooner than the foal expected as the Dragon didn’t want to risk any injury. As soon as she neared the ground, she landed airplane style due to the slippery sands before braking by flaring out her wings to increase the drag. She stopped just right in front of the unmoving Will, her head missing him by mere inches.

Surprisingly, he didn’t flinch. “Wow, pretty solid landing.” He quipped in another sarcasm mode. “I thought I’m going to die for a moment there.”

Sally just stared with a deadpan look again in her face.

Before Sally could make a retort, the cargo on her back shrieked, causing the two Pokémons to flinch at the intensity of it. “YEEEEAAAAHHHH! THAT WAS AWESOME!” The foal finished with a hoof pump.

“Oww,” Will pretended to clear his non-existent ears. ”Kid, watch your scream. You could have gotten someone deaf, not that I mind it if Sally got it.”

The foal didn’t pay attention to the Reuniclus, only he grinned with his teeth bared for all to see, crawling like a lizard so he could stand on Sally’s big shoulder to stare into her eyes, a fact that creeped Sally out if only he weren’t so close to her.

“That. Was. So. FUN! LET’S DO IT AGAIN, MR. DRAGON!”

When the foal said ‘mister’, the creepy feeling disappeared from her mouth when the foal had mistaken her gender again. Lucky for her the Psychic link was still intact as Will is experienced enough to maintain Psychic link even from a distance. “I’m a girl, you know.” She thought annoyedly.

Sally is saved by the timely intervention of the foal’s mother. “Burst, no screaming, young stallion!” The mare walked up to the Dragon from where she stood before and addressed the foal.

The voice of an annoyed parents was enough to burst the foal’s bubble of excitement, causing him to splay his ears against his head. “Sorry, mom. I was just...so excited because I never flew before.”

The mare’s feature softened when she sees her son apologetic face. “It’s okay, but be polite next time!” Then her eyes found Sally. “Thank you for....not dropping my son. It seems he had quite a lot of fun.”

“No problem. Don’t be so hard on the kid, he’s just having fun....I think.” Sally said with a sheepish grin at her attempt at conversation.

Will rolled his eyes. “Yeah, why don’t you try that next time? Let’s see how she handles taking care of a foal while flying around doing death stunts.” Will floated forward so he could float to Sally’s right.

The mare slowly turned her head toward the Reuniclus with a disturbed look on her face. Not bothering with a glare this time, Sally just punched him with enough force to send him careening into the sand.

”Ignore him, ma’am. He’s an idiot.” The mare couldn’t help, but agree. But now Sally’s eyes found some sort of anomaly that caused her to stare.

That anomaly revealed to be mainly a large amount of tiny foals crowding around behind the mare without her even noticing. Some wore disturbing looks on their faces as they were grinning from ear to ear.

The silence went on for a few seconds, causing the mare to tilt her head in confusion when she sees the Dragon staring toward her direction. “....Hello?” When the Dragon didn’t make any reaction, she frowned. The mare waved a hoof back and forth. “....You’re staring...”

Sally barely paid attention to the mere, for that was when all hell broke lose. The foals cheered and they crowded around the Salamence, pushing or pulling each other off without any sense of personal space. The mare never got swept in the sea of foals, as she was already at the side of it, causing her to stare with a bewildered look.

“C’mon, c’mon, me want to! I want to ride!” A foal spoke with broken Equestrian.

The foal on her shoulder was livid. “No way! I got here first, so I’m riding him again. Loser is the slowest.” The foal on Sally’s shoulder stick his tongue out.

“That’s unfair, you already rode on her. Me want to!” The foal pointed accusingly.

“No, me first!”

“No me!” Then the foal on Sally’s shoulder charged into the other foal. The crowd of foal parting way for the rolling foal to roll outward outside the crowd while trying to gain the upper hand over the other.

“Burst!” The mare acted immediately to push her son off the other foal.

The foals decided that the argument was the best time to pester the Dragon again about the ride. This in turn, caused the poor Salamence to glance back and forth between the screaming foals that wanted a Dragon ride. Curiously, almost all of them were either Earth Ponies or Unicorns while only a few Pegasi present.

“Wow, you got a lot fans there Sally. Talents for ‘nearly getting me killed’ is rare out there, seems they all want a piece of it.” If Will had an eyebrow to raise, it would have look condescending enough for the Dragon to choke him.

Instead, she just layed her head down like a submissive dog would as the foals assaulted her, climbing onto her back. “....shut up. Just shut up.”

Meanwhile, Eric had watched on, inwardly amused. “Hmmm, I never thought that Sally can be quite good with children. I should take that into account next time when dealing with children.” Eric mumbled before eyeballing his book once more.


Anyone would have called the Dragon having a rotten luck with so many foals asking for a ride, yet what they won’t expect that the Salamence reluctantly decided to fly the foals by at least five of them each time nor the fact that the Salamence glided with a smile.

Sally sailed the sky with a smile as the wind gently blew across her face. The Salamence had forgotten the last time she had fun like this, sailing with relaxation while she was carrying her trainer on her back . This time she was carrying tons of cargo in the form of foals. Despite that Sally flew with the gentle grace of a Swanna gliding through the skies.

Some of Sally’s passengers were screaming for dear life while crouching as low as possible while others screamed in excitement. At first, Sally was annoyed, but she had learned to tune them out when she remembered the first time her trainer screamed as loud as he could.

Parents at first were practically clutching their hearts at the prospect of their foals sailing through the sky at the back of the notorious Dragon that had defended the suburbs a few days earlier, yet as time went on, they knew the foals were in right hands or in this case paws. The Dragon had never once performed anything that might endanger foals as far as they can see.

Sally’s trainer watched on, silently nothing the smile on the Salamence’s face. “Judging from the look on her face, she must’ve quite the fun. It seems going to the beach was the right call after all.”

Every ten minutes, the Salamence landed, kicking up sand as her batch of foals screamed, dismounting the Salamence while new ones piled on. She didn’t seem tired. In truth Sally was actually glad she could ferry them for a few minutes.

Time went on as Sally continued giving the foals rides, the numbers slowly dwindling. Eventually, the sun was going down over the horizon. Sally noticed this with the dwindling light.

The Salamence decided it’s time to go. ”Alright, kids, the sun’s coming down.” She said mentally to the mind of the foals. “Let’s take a trip back to your parents, shall we?”

The collective ‘Awww’ would’ve chewed out her inner defenses if it weren’t for the fact that she knows it is getting late. “Can we spend a little more time?”

“No,” A chorus of distressed cried arouse from the mouths of babes.“That’s it kiddos. Like it or not, we’re going back right now.”

“C’mon, just five more minutes. There’s nothing wrong with five minutes.” The lead white foal turned to his buddies that are lined up behind him. “Right guys?”

“Yeah!” The collective bunch shouted together.

Her heart melted, but she had one last defense, a memory. ”Sorry kids, but playtime’s over. Don’t wanna mess with your parents.” Sally shuddered as she remembered the memories. “And an angry parents....someone you shouldn’t mess with. Taking all of you back down one way or another.”

The reaction she’s expecting is definitely not screaming. “NOOOO!” Their collective ‘magic word’ yell caused her to winch. “PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CUPCAKE!”

As soon as her eardrums wasn’t ringing anymore, Sally shook her head with a chuckle. “...kids these days.”

It didn’t take long for Sally to make the emergency landing and kicking up another sands anymore.

Sally glanced behind her to She made sure to note some of the hesitant foals dismounting from her. Their faces could melt down steel-eyed people if stared at long enough. She shook her head to clear herself of such thought.

She noticed with a frown that the childrens are still waiting by her side. ”Well, go on. Your parents are waiting.”

The foals stared at each other for a moment before a filly came forward. “Uhm, mister Dragon?”

Sally had to prevent herself from grinding her teeth from the foal mistaking her gender again. Instead, she answered calmly. ”Yeah, kiddo?”

“Can we,” The filly shifted her hooves in nervousness. “Ride on you again?”

“I said no, kiddos. I would love to, but playtime’s over.” The answer was curt and immediate.

“I mean, later, if you have the time again?” Sally stared with a questioning face. “When we see you again?”

The collection of foals stared at her with expectant eyes.

The foals can’t wait to ride on her again, the look on their faces trying to prevent the Salamence from saying the notorious ‘no’. “Oh Why not.” The word had caused the childrens to cheer simultaneously. “But if my trainer allowed me to.”

“Awww...” Sally had to wonder if they had practiced saying the same words again at the same time. The same filly talked. “But you promise?”

“Well,” Sally put a foreleg to her chin in thought. “I could, but.....only if you behave with your parents.”

“Really?” The filly grinned.

Somehow, that disturbs the Salamence. “Yeah, really.” The foals cheer could possibly reached toward the heavens. “Now, be good boys and girls and head back to your parents. Or there won’t be anymore ‘flying on my back’ as everyone here puts it.”

“NOOO!” Their shout winched the Salamence’s poor hearings from her before the foals dashed away toward their parents who watched the gathering with bewildered looks before some of the children flung themselves to the parents

Sally stared with bewildered look at how energetic the childrens of this world can be, until a voice brought out of her thoughts beside her. “It seems you have the time of your life, eh, Sally? Congrats for not dropping any potential bait to the sea by the way.” Will asked with his signature grin.

Sally deadpanned, otherwise, she ignored the sarcasm. “Yeah....” The Dragon turned around and went by him, only giving that simple response. Sally sighed tiredly as she lay down beside her trainer in the sand. Who is silently laying his head against the headrest of the chair. “....yeah. Thanks for keeping up with the telepathy anyway.”

Will chuckled before turning around. “Oh, now you’re giving me a thanks? So nice of you to do so.” The Salamence just made a deadpan stare to the bubble in front of her. The Reuniclus made a mock stretching gesture. “Well, keeping up a Psychic link is easy. Keep it up too long though, then I’m tired and I want to lay down for a little while.”

Sally sighed in exasperation. “Yeah, yeah, do whatever you want.” The female Dragon waved him off without much thought, she was glad he would be out of earshot soon.

Will floated off with a snicker not before giving off one last remark. “Whatever you say. Oh, try not to make out in the beach by the way. There’s women and children around, don’t want them to faint.”

That nearly caused her to she wanted to retort, but a cough caught her attention, turning to the source, she could see her trainer raising his eyebrow at her. She blushed furiously. “I-I mean, uh, n-not like that. Will is...Will is, uh, joking! Yeah, he’s just-“

“Did you enjoy it?”

The Dragon Pokémon was dumbfounded. “Huh?“ Sally wasn’t expecting that response.

Eric sighed, he knew that she wasn’t the sharpest out there. “Did you enjoy giving the children a ride? Having fun to carry weight like the good old days?”

Then she realized what he meant. “Oh that. I mean, yeah, no beating having to stretch your wings like that. Just like a good exercise.” Her eyes found some of the childrens going off with a Poochyena who also happily chasing the foal with his tongue sticking out. She couldn’t help, but smile. “And there’s one thing I know for sure.”

“What is it?”

“This world is sure quite peaceful.” Sally said, while looking at the sunset.

What she had said caused Eric to arch an eyebrow. “....hmmm, she’s never one to say something like that.” His train of thoughts were halted when Sally continued.

“The skies are so....I don’t know, clear. I hardly smelled any smoke in the air too, it’s just so....peaceful for some reason.” Sally sighed before slowly facepalming. “Hate to admit it, but Will’s right, I’m not good at this.”

“That...” Eric took a deep breath before continuing. “....it does.” Eric couldn’t explain the feeling, but when he first arrived here, he get the feeling of being....somewhat more peaceful here than he did with Earth.

“I wish Helen and our entire family is here.”

“Yeah....”

Then a look of horrific realization crossed her face. “But what if they’re not here?” Eric stared at her with his signature straight face. “I mean, what if that idiot Arceus forgot to bring our friends here.”

The Hydreigon couldn’t help, but chew his lip by realizing that the Salamence does have a point. “Dammit....let’s not think about that girl. We just have to assume that they are...’worthy’ and of course, brought here as the ‘reward’”

Sally gritted her teeth at the mention of ‘reward’. Not only she’s irked that her trainer’s stuff is stolen, but the fact remains that all their friends and family are separated, with a chance of them not even in this world. The Dragon Pokémon wanted nothing more than to pummel Arceus. Nonetheless, she let it go, lest she would disobey her trainer.

“Let’s hope you’re right....let’s hope that is right.”

Eric nodded curtly. “For our sakes, let’s hope that it’s correct.”

“Though I knew better than put our hopes up. It’s useless to do that these days.” Eric mumbled.

The pair stared at the dimming sun in the horizon for a few minutes, with neither saying a word to start off a conversation after their last chosen topic brought about the awkward silence. Both just stared into the setting sun in silence, as if they were entranced by it’s beauty

Then, out of nowhere the Dragon Pokémon spoke. “Hey, Eric?”

“Hmmm?” Eric glanced to the left toward his loyal Dragon Pokémon.

“I think it’s time for you to stop.” Sally said, if one were to listen closely, they would hear the resolution in her tone.

Eric had an inkling to what she ‘meant’ by that. “Hmmm, maybe I’ll play along for a little while, see where this goes to.”

“Eric,” Sally took a deep breath, signifying what it is she’s going to say. “Look, I....we couldn’t bear to watch you go on like this. It’s getting worse, and we need to stop.”

“Stop? But what about you, Sally? The one who wanted make all of them pay for what they did to....” The three-headed Pokémon stopped himself from finishing his sentence when he noticed how Sally tensed her jaw when he ‘implied’ about her past. “I never thought that you, the one who hated criminals like they are the spawn of hell itself would stop.”

“That’s different! This isn’t about me, but this is about you and all of us as a whole!” Sally yelled before realizing that she had raised her voice against her trainer. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to...”

Eric simply raised an eyebrow in response before motioning for her to continue. “I...I couldn’t just watch you continue on like this. I managed to cope and I know that you could as well, but not like this. You need to forget about the past and move on. And maybe it is time to move on from our past and carry our original dream together.”

The Hydreigon was silenced for a moment in the form of her uplifting counseling. But secretly, he knew something is off, but more deeper than what he is about to say. “That’s quite the speech. Did you practice this earlier?”

Sally froze at that moment. Not knowing that he would notice, she bit her lip in nervousness. “...well, about that.....” She couldn’t think of a word to say to that.

“Guess, I was right. You weren’t one for some uplifting speech.” He sighed while Sally sputtered of nonsense about his observant nature.

Eric sighed. “As much as I wanted to continue on our journey and complete our dream at long last, you should know that things wasn’t so simple anymore with how all of this had happened. As I said before, it isn’t that simple. Nightmares are best forgotten, or one could get them so often that they would get used to it in the end....I did.”

“In the end, the past can’t be easily erased. There will be times where there is one moment to mark someone’s life be it good or bad, mostly bad if you’re unlucky. Out of all of us here, you would be the one to understand me better.”

“Well....that’s...technically true.” Sally couldn’t help, but remember the moment that did mark her life forever. The one that will be burned into her memory for eternity.

“And it wouldn’t be easy to stop once you begin on something, girl. When one is to start something, either they finish what they started or just abandon it entirely.”

“But....” Sally looked back with a sad frown on her expression, realizing that another one of her attempt had failed.

Then he had said something that would surprise even Will. “But if you seriously insist I would stop, then I will try it.”

Sally didn’t expect that. Her jaw slightly hung open in disbelief. “You mean...”

Eric stared at the Dragon in silence, not yet giving off any answer. Sally in turn stared at her trainer, inwardly, she felt nervous about his response that her body had no choice, but to run sweat down her forehead. A few seconds later had revealed his answer when he turned to look at the sunset again. “Yeah, I’ll think about it. Sally, if you said that you wanted for us to stop, then I have to think of our well-being instead of yourself. You were willing to stop, then I’ll try to. After all, this is a new world, and a new dawn is coming. I guess it’s time to start anew as well.”

Sally slightly widened her eyes in surprise at his answer, but soon, her face make a way for a smile. His pragmatism marked him as the most sensible of their group of friends. “Thanks, Eric. That’s all I ask.” Her job was now done, just as she had promised Will. Now, she can only hope for the best.

“I was thinking of stopping as well. Might as well go around and doing it for real.” Eric mumbled. “Pretend it was all a big nightmare.”

Her hearing had picked up his faint voice. “Huh, did you say something?”

“Nothing....I’m just brooding as usual.” Her trainer answered casually, without so much as a glance to her.

Sally sighed at his usual, yet getting old attitude. “Yeah, you’re still the same as always.” She replied with a weary tone. Eric didn’t respond to her retort nor did the Salamence expect any answer in return.

“Truly...a new world.” Eric muttered before reading the book once more.


Play this as closing theme

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! This is Kingofsouls, author of A New World, A New Way - Swarm and Molten Tears. Here I am, doing the editing here, alongside ThatOneVolcarona. Hopefully me and TOV will be able to help knock this out of the park.

In any case, hope you guys are enjoying the story!
That is Kos speaking.

Chapter 6 is finally online and ready to read thanks to the help of Kingofsouls and ThatOneVolcarona.

I apologize in advance for any error I've made. It's no excuse, but I'm not a native English speaker
Hope you guys have been enjoying my fic so far. Any likes would be very appreciated.

I would like to point out that I don't intend to make my characters overpowered, they will get their share of troubles, I promised you guys that.

As usual, I'm always in dire need of editor for help, nonetheless I enjoy writing this.

Thanks, hope you guys enjoy!