• Published 17th Jan 2015
  • 2,783 Views, 56 Comments

A New World, A New Dawn - Uber Reaper



'One must do all they can depending on the situation.' This applies even to anonymous trainer Eric Angelo alongside his team. Finding himself in a new world and finding a friend in a mare. He brought along a sense of duty as he attempted to reunite

  • ...
11
 56
 2,783

Chapter 20 : The City That Never Sleeps

What would any of us do should we saw what we would call....injustice in front of us? Help them or leave them be? Most people would go for the former as the answer because to serve justice. But as far as I know, there is no such thing as justice in this world of ours when one thing after another had been let off for variety of reasons including the most petty ones. Only the right thing matters anymore in this world....world where the illusion of peace exist - Eric Angelo

Play this as the second opening theme


“So….” Dawn stepped to one of the windows in their VIP Lounge, idly watching as the countryside pass by. “What do we do now?”

Hearing her question, Eric answered. “…..now, we just wait until we arrive at our destination.”

A huff was heard beside him, revealing itself to be Will who haughtily crossed his arm. “Oh, you hear that Lady Dawn? Wait, the magic word has been given, that is just fantastic.“ Shaking his head at the notion, he leaned backward to gaze at the roof. “Now, please excuse this gentlemen while I take my power nap.” Without another word, his mind left the waking world.

Seeing this all from his seat, Dominus couldn’t help, but sigh at the absurdity that is the Reuniclus. “I still don’t understand how you can even stand this grandpa.”

Out of nowhere, a bubbly arm was raised in defiance to what is said just now. “Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it a lot.” The reply made by the half-delirious Reuniclus only serve for Dawn and Dominus apply their respective appendages into their faces. Nonetheless, Dominus looked at Eric for answers

And Eric’s silence was all the reply Dominus received, minus the raise of eyebrow.

Getting the hint, the Braviary passed it off as another phenomenon of nature. “Okay, rhetorical question, dude. I’ll stop now.” Leaning his head back into the seat, he found that the VIP Seat is soft and plush compared to the regular seating which was made of less enjoy-worthy material. He had done the same thing Dawn did and gazed out into the expanse countryside to rid himself of boredom. It didn’t help as much as he had wished.

Dawn, ever the uncomfortable toward all things silence, made her fidget and would restlessly move her eyeballs back and forth toward one thing to another.

This hadn’t gone unnoticed by either Eric or Dominus who had spend an extended period around her to get a gist of her general behaviour. However, Eric sensed what is coming and decided to play along for now. After all, conversations was not his strongest suit.

And the Braviary made his move. “Say, dude?”

It has began, so Eric had to act clueless. “….hmmm?”

“What are we going to do once arrived at Mane-what’s it name again?”

Even at day one, Dominus had trouble memorizing the sometimes ridiculous names of any famous locations in this place.

“…..Manehattan.” Both Dawn and Eric offered simultaneously, causing the former to look at him incredulously

“Yeah, whatever, I’m not exactly as smart as you are, dude.”

“….how about we make sure we know where we stay first?” He suggested. “….after that, we can plan our next move there.”

That suggestion only made a visible frown on Dominus’ voice. “I thought we’re going to go searching over there and here and everywhere when we stepped off the train. Was there a change of plans no one told me about?”

“……I didn’t say that. Manehattan is a big city, we can take our time there. And travelling from Point A to B takes a lot out of you, so staying at the hotel the moment we arrived should get rid of any exhaustion we have.”

“I can agree with that, dude.” Nodding, he turned to Dawn for confirmation. “What do you say, partner? That sounds good?”

Scratching her head in contemplation, it didn’t take much to convince her. “Alright, I guess we’ll be finding a place to stay first.” Dawn hadn’t thought this trip through, glad to know her three-headed friend had done it in her place.

“….are you sure, Dawn?” The last thing he needed was to take her hostess for granted when she had already gone through all this trouble to help.

“No, no, no, I can ask around again, see what everyone knows.” Dawn offered, remembering the time she played tour guide back at the capital.

He found he couldn’t argue, what with Dawn being the only pony around who could immediately understand Poke Speak. “….alright.”

The uncomfortable silence had returned within the carriage when none of the passengers inside had more to say. Resulting, in another anxiety attack on Dawn’s part.

The urge to rub his head returned full force, which he didn’t give into. “…..Dawn, look. You could sleep it all off. Your anxiety should be gone that way.”

The reaction she had made include blush and jaw drop at being found out.

“Dude has a point, Dawn. Besides, I’m beat, and no way I’m gonna stay up for the rest of the ride.” He made his point known by letting himself fall backward onto the plush sofa.

Unsure once more, she scratched her head. “Uh….oookay?”

“…..just relax, Dawn, nothing good can come out of anxiety.”

That gaze had the desired effect instead of another bout of nervousness. She sighed in submission. “Okay, okay, you’re right. I’ll try to relax. Might as well sleep too while I’m at it.”

“…..go do that, Dawn. Sleep is the best way to forget troubles.” Although, he wouldn’t mention it, at times his sleep was haunted by his dark times back then.

“Sweet, dude, you’ll be joining us too?” A nod answered him. “Then this Braviary needs a power nap, and this time, please wake me up when something exciting comes up.….I can’t believe I said what grandpa had said.” Head now laid down, his soft snores could be heard.

Dawn had to chuckle at the cuteness of it all. Her partner can be downright cute at times, as said by Sylvia. But now, she was going to sleep, exhausted or not because anxiety is her greatest enemy at the moment. “I’m gonna turn myself in. It’s still a long ride anyway.” She repositioned herself so that she will be tucked into the seat proper, in the same manner as a cat would.

“Also, what Dominus said, wake us up if something happens, okay?”

“….alright.”

“Thanks, Eric. Go get some sleep.” Her head laid down next, and she drifted into sleep.

All that is left is now for their final friend to join up with them, for Will had already slept in advance. But not without one last thing to be confirmed.

Eric turned his gaze to Dawn, to Dominus, then finally to Will. Their eyes shut tight, indicating they are now in unconsciousness land. With privacy on his side, jammed a head into his saddlebag to swipe a certain something.

That something was a familiar golden pocketwatch belongs to his father. Just seeing it alone brought what little comfort he hadn’t felt once he left his mother’s embrace.

With a click, the lid popped open to reveal a complex and mostly ornate designs on the inner side of the lid as well as under the transparent glass that showed roman numerals instead of regular numerics. Even the clock hands were modeled after the wings of a Swanna. The opened lid only not revealed that, but something else in the form of a fluttered paper that is attached to the inner side of the lid.

Reflexively, he swiped the fluttered thing before it could escape his reach. The moment he did said action, he saw what appears to be a piece of the folded paper and unfolded the lower half. Familiarity washed over once that part reached out toward something in his memory, then relief at knowing his suspicions were confirmed true. It was still there.

“…..I thought this was gone forever…..with how many human belongings had disappeared the moment they appeared here, that’s not a very fair assumption.” With that in mind, he understood why the photo was brought along. “…..pinned inside the pocket watch during the exodus….and it was brought along as well. Lucky enough, it was true. Wish I had checked this earlier.”

Unfolding the picture, it was still the same as he had thought. It brought back happy memories, but it also brought along unwanted ones that he wanted to forget. Most of all, concern for a certain someone he hadn’t reunited with.

“….where are you now? …..he should be fine, worrying about him won’t solve anything anyway.”

Paper folded once more and secure in grip of his right mouth, he sighed in content. “…..I know he’ll be fine.” Gazing out the window revealed it was still meadows as far as the eye can see, with the occasional forest. “….I should get some rest, it’ll be a long road ahead otherwise.”

Head leaned backward, he began to drift away into unconsciousness, knowing that someone would be fine in the end. “…..you better be okay.”

And he joined his companion in their dreamless sleep.


“Uhhnngg….”

Dawn couldn’t do it, no matter how much she shut her eyelids away from the world.

Looking at the clock, she found out it was a few minutes past 5. Hours now she had been drifting in and out of consciousness during this whole trip, and it only renew her exhaustion with each awakening.

Looking at her companion, Dawn found that they are still able to sleep soundly. “How can they sleep so easily at a time like this?” She scratched her own head as a result before trying to fight down the tinge of annoyance that they could find rest easy even a time like this and for her own fault for unable to rest knowing that there are still tension in the atmosphere.

Then, a slight quake from a faulty rail-line rocked the carriage they were in slightly, but otherwise nothing harmful had occurred. However, one thing fell out of place, and that is a paper in the grip of Eric’s head. The previous tremor had dislodged it’s secure grip thus allowing it to flutter free about.

It fell to the carpet in front of her, with all of this, Eric was still deep in his slumber.

She tried to tore her gaze away from the tempting object, but it was little to no avail. Her curiosity had won over in the end. “Ah, to Tartarus with it.” Trotting over, she swiped the picture with her mouth before unfolding it.

Dawn bore witness of what appears to be….unknown to her at the moment. It’s a picture what appears to be….ape-like thing wearing all kinds of shirts. One was obviously female, if the long blonde mane and feminine features were of any indication. The second was another who wore some sort of…leather? It made her inwardly gag at the mere notion, but thankfully she quickly tore her gaze to take a gander of his short and spiky mane. The third was obviously wearing a silky trenchcoat of some kind of the deepest black, having the same blonde mane as the female. For the finale, the fourth, had the same color of mane as the second one, but his mane was purposefully grown and wore some sort of suit with a tie and a scarf fitted into his dress shirt.

The second thing caught her eyes was….it made her eyes widen at the background which revealed to be “Wow, this looks…looks….what was the word for it?” Cursing herself at her moments of confusion, she silently wished Eric was there to finish her sentences.

The third thing that’s relevant above the space-like background was the words etched into the upper part of the photo, it says, ‘Forever, we shall be. Toward Eternity!’. There are also a sun rising in the background that lit up the whole image.

She flipped, turned the picture over to see what other secrets it had in store. Little did she know that there’s a gaze that bore down her back, so he made his presence known. “….Dawn.”

Startled at the voice that had greeted her, she rounded up on the Hydreigon who had revealed himself to be awake. Her mouth sagged with relief when she thought a hostile force had come. “Eric, Celestia, don’t do that. You scared me!” Her hoof made it’s way to her chest to calm her raging pump of life.

If he had regret, Eric didn’t show it. “…..sorry.”

“Wait, wait, wait, how long have you been watching me?

“…..long enough…but five minutes if you want to know specifics.”

His honestly was like a brutal prod to the spine and she shivered, indeed. “Ooookay…..” She was unsure what to say, so she scratched her head.

Then his gaze turned toward the object Dawn had in her possession, the photograph. “…can I have that back?”

Noticing, the item he required, she scratched her head in nervousness. “

“….it’s okay, you were as curious as ever, I can’t get angry over that.”

Now that he had mentioned it, Dawn realized one thing. “Sometimes I wonder if you even get angry at all.” During the time he stays, not once was she shown ever losing his temper, the status quo remained even now.

She wasn’t given the benefit of an answer because Eric’s decision to stay silence, only his gaze directed at the photograph telegraphed his desire. So, she reached out the hoof that had the photograph on it for Eric to take. And he did, he took it.

However, her curiosity didn’t end there by deciding to push her luck. “What is that anyway?”

“……hmmm?” Eric had a feeling he knows what she wanted.

“What is that photograph really? They appears to be…I don’t know.” she scratched her head in her confusion.

“….I guess I should just tell her right now and get it over with. It’ll be better in the long-run.” Eric muttered to himself in thought.

Noticing his self-indulgement mode, Dawn stayed quiet and let him be for the time being.

She didn’t have to wait long. “….if you want to know, that’s a family photo. A human family.” He decided to left out a certain part to the photo’s creation, because he figured she wouldn’t have sufficient knowledge to understand the concept of editing.

But her mind decided things were too much in the zone of unknown to be left out. “But, but,” She pointed a hoof at the photograph. “The background! How can they stand in space!?”

“….it had come to this….but explaining things….will be difficult.” He sighed at the irreparable situation he was put in. “……..Maybe I should tell her about who is in the photo as well if she decided to ask. Better to finish things now.”

“…..it’s complicated to explain, but….let’s just say that it was not exactly in space per se. The photo background was….changed.” He was satisfied he came up with a synonim for ‘edit’. “ And we do have the technology to do it.”

Her expression was as expected, it’s a combination of shock and a jaw drop.

Seeing her expression, he decided to not break her further, so resolved to get things back on track. “….anyway, that’s not the point, what is it exactly that you want to know about to photo?”

“I….uhhhh…” She shook her head to gather her scattered wits and thought about what she wanted to know. She had one thing in mind. “Who are they in the photo?”

The silence had been most uncomfortable for Dawn, fearing she had said something that she shouldn’t again.

But Eric, noticing her distress, made his answer quickly. “….they are…..my family and myself…as a human.”

The atmosphere grew silence. It took a while before Dawn had processed the information that had been shoved into her face.

So she did the only thing she could do right now, widen her eyes to the size of dinner plates. “WHAT!?”

Even with the startling yell of revelations, Eric didn’t as much as flinch as he took a stock of her chaotic emotions.

“Wait, wait, wait, let me get this straight, that…” She pointed a hoof at the picture held in Eric’s right head. “Is your family? But, but…how?”

Raising an eyebrow, he sighed before stating calmly. “….human, I’m a human once….I did mention once, I was a human, so of course, that extends to my family. Although, other than that, I think pure Pokemon outnumber us humans here.”

Now that she thought about it, it was during their first meeting. How could she forget that? She scratched her head sheepishly. “Sorry about that, must’ve slipped my mind.”

“…..it’s not a problem.” The photo was quietly slipped away into his saddlebag for safekeeping. “….is there anything else you want to know?”

She frowned the moment she heard the offer. Thinking that family were all about privacy. “Wait a minute, are you even sure about that?” Dawn wasn’t about to make herself another source of embarrassment should she asked the wrong questions.

“….better to do it now than later. I don’t want to delay.” He shrugged, not caring either way.

His reasonings is sound. So, she nodded, plus this gets to satisfy her cat-like curiosity. “So…..which one exactly are you?”

She recalled the image of a leather clad, spiky-maned man with the color of an oakwood. “That was….you?” Dawn was unsure what to say.

Only his nod of confirmation confirms her theory. She figured out the other one easy enough, for one to possess such a long mane would means female, and that also means, she’s Sylvia. The other two, she’s quite unfamiliar, but one of them bounds to be his dad.

Dawn, however, feared whatever repercussions if she allowed her mouth to run. So, she decided to stay quiet for the time being.

But it was revealed to be a wise decision, because Eric is a sharp person, he would be able to detect whatever her desire from expressions alone. He did that, yet he didn’t say a thing.

The mare sagged herself into the seat as she stared out the window toward the rolling hills of the countryside with Eric. The other two Pokemon was still sleeping soundly which means, the foreboding silence returned full force to gnaw at her being.

Uncomfortable once more, Dawn did whatever she could to rid herself of this silence of an atmosphere. “I need to ask something, Eric.”

A simple glance was made her way. “….what is it?”

She opened her mouth to say something, yet nothing came out. Dawn wanted to start a conversation, but had no means to start it’s course. Then one question popped out, her mouth moved. “Eric, do you think that we will find whatever we’re looking for here?” Only now did she realize what she had said, and covered her mouth once more.

Her reply was silence for a few seconds, then answer. “…..I won’t put much hope into it. But I will hope….just this one time, that thing will go our way. We need it.”

It won’t take a genius to sense the slight distress in his tone because Dawn had sensed it. Removing her hooves from her mouth, she solemnly nodded. “Well, for your dad, I’ll help.”

Inwardly, he was glad she says that. He didn’t know if he had the strength needed to bear the worst if it came. “…..thanks, Dawn, I really appreciate it.”

“No problem, you’ve always helped me, now it’s my turn to-“

She promptly cut off by a faint hiss in the distance and the booming sound of static in the PA system. Then a mare’s voice leaked through. “All passengers….”

“Huh, what?” Dominus, still in his delirious state, rubbed his eyes to glare at the offending sound.

But the PA system continued despite the glare that could burn and melt it away. “We have arrived at our destination, all those who intend to get off here, don’t forget your bags and children. Thank you for riding Express Railway, have a nice day, folks.” Then the static comms had disappeared.

Will himself had woken up much more gracefully than Dominus, but himself also uncomfortable at the rude awakening. “Yeah, real smooth ride. Real smooth awakening too, can’t wait to ride here again.”

Once he glared enough time, he turned his groggy eyes toward Eric. “So, dude, that means we’re here?”

But his friend didn’t return the stare, only an answer was given. “….it is, Dominus. We’re finally at Manehattan.” He gazed out into the ever expansive city.


“…..so this is the city of Manehattan.” Seeing it in pictures was nothing compared to witnessing first hand as soon as they exited the train station and into the city proper.

“It is, Eric. Manehattan, the biggest city in Equestria.” She stepped forward to present what appears to be the gem of Equestria’s international affairs : Manehattan.

Skyscrapers that dotted the city skies that could number up to dozens. Ponies, griffons, minotaurs, and all sorts of species could be seen littering the streets up to hundreds or possibly more. Everywhere you go, there are no shortages of individuals that could greet you.

A whistle of appreciated came out of Will’s lips. “Need to give whoever brilliant architect who designed this place an award. Who designed this place? The queen of the sun?”

“Manehattan is also-“

“…..Manehattan, also called Big Apple right?” She opened her mouth just in time to see Eric cut off whatever explanation that build up her throat. But seeing he got things in hand, she stepped down. “The center of all international trading in Equestria. This city also numbered all the way to millions of inhabitants, above every other city in Equestria. It goes by another name, The City that Never Sleeps, because even after nightfall, anyone could see that the city would shine like a Christmas Tree. It’s also home to the famous Statue of Freedom by the Prance right?”

“…..And I think this is more or less the same like Castelia City, minus the statue.” He added, unknown to everyone present.

“What are you a tour guide, brooder?” Will decided this was the best time to decorate the scenes with sarcasm.

But everyone decided to outright ignore him, Dominus stepped forward to let out his eagle gaze upon the crowd. “Have to admit, though, dude, The City that Never Sleeps sure fits the name. This place looks lively and waaay packed!” Dominus saw ponies, and ponies as far as the eye can see.

“Thank you, sir! For stating the obvious.” Will just had to chuckle at the Braviary’s antics just as Dominus had to glare at his own.

“…..alright, we best get moving. Dawn,” Turning to face the mare, he addressed her. “Do you know which way to go or

“I’ll go ask around.” Flagging down a random pony from the streets, Dawn and him started yammering away of all sorts, well away from their current position.

“What are they saying? I Can’t hear a thing.” Dominus leaned side to side to get a grip of the conversation. It was useless, however, the rumble that is the crowd

“Pretty sure it says, lovey dovey all over the place.” Will made sure to gag as to emphasize said conversation.

“….she’s returning.” Eric had stated true, Dawn returned to them with a smile on her face.

“I know a hotel, it’s just down a few blocks from the station. That way!” All heads followed her hoof pointing to their right.

Not one to beat around the bush, Eric motioned for her. “…lead the way, Dawn. We’ll be right behind you.”

Unknown to the group, a crimson, slitted eyes had observed their movement carefully, before releasing a satisfied hiss.

Ever the sharp one, Eric noticed the gaze that drilled into his back. “….hmmm?” Glancing over the shoulder, baring the curious ponies who gazed his way fearfully every now and then, he found no source of his discomfort.

“Eric, dude!” A faint voice belonging to Dominus was heard over the rumbles of crowd.

“…hmmm?” Looking back forward, Dominus had waved his wings at him, gaining a few odd looks from fellow pedestrians.

“Dude, don’t just stand there and-“

“I’m happy to know that you are spending our time by standing around like a statue, but aren’t we on business?” Will crossed his arm haughtily.

Dominus glared at Will for stealing and modifying his line.

Hearing their shout, he glanced backward to ensure no harm would come their way before floating forward to catch up.


“…..is this the hotel, we’re looking for?” Eric asked, meanwhile, he took note of the structure and decorations at heart.

The hotel was quite simplistic yet charming with it’s rustic grey walls. Balconies were visible on every wall, and through every corner of the hotel itself and ponies flooding in and out of the building in droves. And finally, the signs which had been carefully and beautifully made says, ‘Starlight Hotel’ in Italic with every curves made clear to emphasize grace.

“….let’s get inside, then.” Dawn nodded, and led the way once more.

The group made their way inside, and of course, this move caused the same amount of attention to be made their way with every guest that had converged in the lobby. It causes anxiety for the bat pony of the group while the others were walking straight as if the gazes were not to be worried.

Nonetheless, the group managed to find their way to the front desk. Dawn slammed her hoof onto the bell and comes in the receptionist.

Although the receptionist was to always maintain his composure at all times when addressing a guest, but this one caused said well-developed composure to go out to lunch. Just seeing the Pokemon this new guest had brought along caused him to earn his own fur cold sweats and they were supposedly a normal sight by now.

Resuming his professional posture, the staff quickly asked. “Good afternoon, welcome to the Starlight Hotel. How may I assist you, miss?”

“I’d like a room for…uh…” Turning around, she made a simple mental math before resuming the conversation. “Room for four.”

“Of course, madam. What type of room would you and your friends would like to have?”

“I would like us to have, uh….” Now she wondered if she brought enough bits for this trip, but just to be safe. “Standard. Standard should do fine.”

“Do you have or need any request that we could provide in the future?”

Unsure about that, she turned again toward the decision-maker. A head shake from Eric emphasized that it was not necessary. Dawn shook her head at the receptionist. “No, we don’t need one.”

“Ah, yes, please excuse me for a moment, madam.” The The company of guest just stood silently to await for the receptionist’s return and he did moments later with a smile to boot. “Thank you for waiting, miss. We happen to have a room that will certainly suit your needs. It’s in the second floor, but still offer a wide view nonetheless. Room 212 to be precise, would you like to take it?”

Glancing over her shoulder, a nod from Eric, an equivalent of thumbs up from Dominus and a shrug from Will was all she needed. Smiling, she nodded at the pony. “Right, we’ll take it.”

“Here is the key, madam.” Said keys were in sets and dropped onto the table. Dawn picked it up. “Please return it to us should you happen to go out to ensure safety and privacy.”

Taking the keys in hoof and securing it in her saddlebag, she nodded her thanks. “Thanks for the help, sir.”

“You’re welcome, madam. Would you care for a bellboy to escort you?” The pony indicated toward a smiling grey pony with a red uniform.

Turning around for confirmation, instead she was met with a simple shake of a head from Eric.

“No need, we can find our way just fine. It’s in the second floor, so it wouldn’t be too hard.”

“In that case,” The receptionist courteously bowed. “I bid all of you farewell. I hope all of you would enjoy during the duration of your stay.”

Eric nodded his thanks as well as Dawn before the group vacated from their spot in front of the desk. The receptionist let out the breath he had unknowingly stowed inside his lungs.

With that done, they made their way upstairs for the lack of elevator in Equus. It wasn’t long before they reached their desire floor, the second floor of the building and in a hallway with many doors littering each side.

All members of the group except Will kept their heads on a swivel to make sure that they don’t miss the room assigned to them.

Dominus’ eyes caught onto something and called. “Hey, guys.” He had halted unknowingly, causing the other three went on ahead without him. But hearing his call, they returned and stared at the object that caught his interest. “You think this is it, dude?”

Just seeing the numbers alone confirmed it for Eric. Room 212. “…..it is.”

Now with the room in front of them, Dawn quickly took out the keys and clicked them into place within the lock. And a click later, the door was unlocked to them and they bore witness what’s inside.

A simple, yet lovely room, just like the rest of the hotel was there. As per their request, inside they found twin beds, that are enough to house all four of them. A balcony on the far side would give them a wide view of the surrounding area.

Nonetheless, this room would be good enough for their purposes. Not too over-the-top and not too bad either.

“So what do we do now, dude?” Squawking at the soft mattress, he made sure his perch was comfortable before continuing. “We’re in the hotel now, so planning our next move and all that?”

“…..not yet, as sort of a….ritual that we arrive at a new place for an extended period of time, I always do recon.”

“Wait, you do?”

“For real?”

Both mare and partner said simultaneously. This in turn led them to stare at each other.

Lucky enough, Eric’s voice broke them out of the trance. “…..I am.” Eric had said, before he spun around to head for the doorway. “….as I said, I’m going to take a look around.

“I could come and help, dude. Just let me get his off and-” He struggled to secure the saddlebags strap within his beak while his talons clicked closer to Eric.

But a held up head prevent him from travelling further. “…..there’s no need for that, I can handle this one myself if I lack a team member to do reconnaissance.”

“Are you sure about this?” Dawn frowned with a scratch of her head. The last thing she needs is a lost member that needs to be found.

Her worry is unfounded, however, when Eric remains unmoving. “….I’m sure, I can remember places well enough.” His tone was firm, Dawn didn’t need to ask further. “…..I’ll be back in a little while. Get some rest and we’ll talk about plans after this.”

Leaving them to their lonesome, the Hydreigon made his way to the doorway before exiting the room. All they heard is just the clicking of a door being shut, then silence.

Soon enough, it was broken by an overbearing voice. “Well, just the three of us happy threesome. Funny isn’t it? Just the three of us, here of all places, and may I say that-“

“Yeah, and I’m happy Braviary knowing I’m stuck here with you.” Dominus slumped onto the carpet knowing his day is done.

While Dawn groaned at how the sarcasm infection had quickly spread to her partner.

”Hey, if you have suggestions, kid, I’d love to hear it. Not that I mind that, of course, otherwise, leave smart talks to adults, unless you want spanking?” Will said as he slapped his hand together for emphasis.

With a groan and a facewing later, Dominus just left the annoying Reuniclus to his own little world, much to his amusement.


Now all by his lonesome, Eric had advanced through the inhabitant littered streets as silent as he could be. But his appearance had garnered more than a few attention than he wanted, but otherwise one he was willing to ignore unless they decided to mob him.

As he floated around, he tried to take a stock of the surroundings just as he had said to Dawn and Dominus in absence of a proper reconnaissance expert which he didn’t bring along. But he tried to keep it as low range as possible by only taking memorizing the area around the Starlight’s location.

A couple of blocks later and nothing of interest had happened, just a different district yet the same amount of inhabitants which crowded in hundreds.

Had he not paid attention to his surroundings he would have missed what is said faintly through the airwaves.

“Buddy, can you repeat that?”

He had halted his movement the moment the faint sound and a grunt what appears to be pain followed was heard. Of course, he would have ignored it, if not for the fact he heard the sentence loud and clear and would appear….hostile.

“….better check it out.” So he floated backward through the crowd on the sidewalk to the estimated origin of said sounds which is an alleyway.

With how the many ponies literally crowded the streets it wasn’t farfetched to say that not one would notice the thing that has been going down in the alley.

Three ponies, one is an earth pony, two is a unicorn, one officer, a unicorn as well, the latter helpless against the three as he was shoved against the wall not from his own free will.

Seeing someone in trouble and leaving them to be was not within Eric’s thought at the moment. The situation calls for action, and he took it. Floating in the alleyway proper, he tried to call out on them on assault, yet his mouth stayed shut, knowing it’ll be pointless thing to do with the language barrier still present.

He glanced at a wall beside him, and thought of an idea. He rapped on it three times.

A knock reverberated throughout the alleyway. The thugs stared at each other in confusion, then the ominous sound returned three times. They found it’s origin and traced it behind them….and nearly fell backward in doing so.

There he was, Eric, who had watched all this going on had simply made his presence known by knocking on the wall beside him. With their attention gained, now he moved to phase two, threaten them into submission.

Removing his arm from the wall, he glanced over his shoulder to make sure no surprises would come crashing down onto his back. Satisfied at this privacy, he turned his eyes back to asses the situation.

“…..three thugs, and one downed officer? What’s an officer doing here of all places with some thugs?” Seeing the thugs slowly trying to be as small as possible, he pushed back the questions for the time being. “…..I’ll just have to ask one of them….if this doesn’t go south first.”

Meanwhile, to the thugs general relief, the fearsome Pokemon had not yet made a move, and instead stared at them with it’s unnerving pupil-less eyes. It caused them to regain what little courage they had against the beast. “H-hey, freak.” Regaining his voice, Eric noticed it still had a trace of quiver in it. “You best get yourself scarce,

Eric would move to say something, if the fact that the language barrier hadn’t made things difficult. So, he decided to make motions instead.

His two arms moved, causing the thugs jump backward out of fright, but that didn’t slow him down because of his need to make the point across. Eric pointed at his head, wrapping an arm around himself in a chilling manner before ‘shooing’ them with a flick of his wrist.

Anyone looking closely and carefully would have got the message ‘chill out and get lost’ across.

However, the thugs are not the brightest tools in the shed to notice such things. “I’m warning you, freak. Get scarce before we stop playing niceties with you!”

Eric made his message known that he will not be going anywhere by rooting himself to that spot. And to their displeasure, he tried to get his previous attempt at message clear.

The lead thug grinded his teeth at the Pokemon’s thick-headedness and so lose his temper. “Page?”

The blue earth pony, whose teeth was also grinding itself to dust, turned to his leader. “Boss?”

The earth pony smiled wickedly, with his friends to back him up, why should he scared of this freak of nature? “With pleasure, boss!”

Without prior warning, the blue one had cleared the distance in a single charge. Eric simply leaned aside and let the pony bull his way past him before shoving him forward via the back of his head. As he was careful to watch his strength, the pony merely stumbled forward.

Eric fixed a calm gaze that could send chill down someone’s spine. And it did, the two other thugs stepped back involuntarily.

“….they’ve made their choice…” He floated forward as he attempt to drive the lesson into their heads the old-fashioned way. But at this moment, a voice of discontent flashes through his head.

‘You know I don’t condone excessive violence unnecessarily like that.’ The voice of his mother rang out through his mind.

Eric, of course, remembered. Most of all….he promised. Unwilling to break said vow, he backed down. “….I’ll give them another chance.” He made another ‘shooing’ motion to indicate the offer to make themselves scarce was still in play.

But the purpose of said motion was lost on the thugs, when the first one who had decided to pull him made another go for headbutt. Sensing, immediate danger, Eric leaned aside again to let the impression of a Bouffalant to hit the spot he was in before.

The pony had quickly made a 180 degree spin to face him again. Eric could’ve sworn he saw steam leaked out of the nostrils of said pony.

“….dammit, they’re making this difficult.” Eric muttered a curse in taking his fighting stance. “…..well…I really shouldn’t expect anything else since these kinds of guys never did the smart thing and get lost.”

His self-indulgement session was over the moment he heard a shout of rage and three ponies came barrelling forth, two with bricks in their telekinesis.

And so, he made his move as well, much to his discomfort at the expected result of the previous conversation.

Two brick came flying forth, he flicked both away simultaneously. In their surprise, the two unicorns didn’t realize two heads had seized their neck before it was slammed onto the hard concrete, knocking whatever air they had saved in their lungs. Eric wasn’t done, the same earth pony tried to bull him into oblivion, but his target had slinked aside from his trajectory path then a simple push on his flank later and his brake went out the window and his face made acquaintances with the ground.

Gathering their scattered wits about, the two unicorns in front of the Hydreigon, and one earth pony behind the same Hydreigon made glares that could melt steel.

Eric was far from being unnerved from said gaze. Instead he did something they didn’t expect at a time like this. He flicked his wrist again, therefore the ‘shooing’ motion was made.

If one looks closely, they could see veins about to pop from their skulls. “This freak….” Something snapped in him. “That’s it, get him boys!”

Eric silently wished to rub his head before getting his head back in the game. Like before, they didn’t learn a thing when it appears charging together was the tactic that they had tried once more.

The first strike was made, Eric’s body reacted properly, he dodged the first two strikes easily enough before slamming his right arm head to the side of the second unicorn’s head that sends him into a daze. This leaves another opportunity for Eric to dodge the offending bull behind him and causing said bull to ram himself into his own dazed partner. Then the first one, the boss, came at him with the intention of a raging Dragon. But as far as it would appear in his attempt to harm, Eric, said Hydreigon dodged his attacks pretty easily. He made his move by grabbing the pony’s arm, letting himself fall and threw him off with the advantage of momentum.

Hearing the hoof-falls, Eric turned, the same earth pony had made another go at him. Inching ever closer, the earth pony grinned when his target didn’t move at all then he raised a hoof for extra kick in his charge and he punched. The hoof found it’s mark, but instead of the mark he had intended, it found itself to be within the maws of the Hydreigon’s right head. He struggled…and struggled, but try as he might, the Dragon refused to budge. To his surprise, the Hydreigon did return his hoof, but letting go means his own hoof collided with his face. As a finale, a pain spread through the back of his neck before he fell onto his face, unconscious after that strike to his neck.

The last of the thug, the leader who had been thrown off Eric, had watched the horrible even that his buddies being brought down like dominoes, decided the wisest thing to do is to turn tail and run. So he did, tail tucked tight, he spun around and galloped away from the danger zone. He would, if only there are no offending obstacle that he crashed into, causing him to land onto his haunches.

Then he heard a faint hiss, similar to that of a snake. Looking closely at said obstacle, he found that it was mostly green in color, but the fact that it seems….serpentine was not lost on him. And he choose to let his head move upward in an attempt to find the owner of said serpentine form. He immediately regretted it.

Eric breathed easily now that the immediate threat has been taken care of. He is not about to forget the last one just because he had an easy time dealing with them.

“My, my, you certainly keeping yourself busy, Eric.” A sultry voice broke Eric out of his thoughts.

Glancing over his shoulder, there, the last thug was wrapped around in some kind of vine, unmoving and eyes wide, although one could tell that he is pretty much alive by the shallow breaths he took. But what really drew his attention was the owner of said vine. Tracing it back to it’s original source, it came to a stop somewhere inside the back of a Serperior that greeted him.

His mind instantly debated how to handle the new arrival. “….a Serperior…could it be? Better make sure first, before doing otherwise.”

He was more curious than threatened, but tensed his arm again as necessary if it weren’t who he thought it was. “…..who are you?”

“Eric, don’t tell me you don’t recognize me?” Her face made the slightest of hurt.

There’s only one who would act so sensually even in times of danger. “…..Helen?” A flash of surprise and relief went across his expression before disappearing as fast as it came.

“Oh, Eric, you do recognize me.” Slithering across the alleyway that will certainly caught the eyes of those with manhood, she slid to a stop before him before slid a vine to brush across his chin. “You’ve become quite the handsome Pokemon, haven’t you?”

Not one to beat around the bush, Eric asked, ignoring the vine just now. “How you’ve been Helen? Did you get into trouble starting from day zero to the present?”

Now she knew, this is Eric for real, because for one to easily brush her off is quite the feat. Not to mention the stoicism and to-the-point attitude. “I can’t say I have. This city is most receptful when it comes to welcoming us, Pokemon.”

This day certainly had gone uphill for Eric, Helen had returned and fully intact if one was willing to overlook the scuffle with the thugs and all. “….glad to hear that.”

Helen giggled before slithering around to wrap a part of her serpentine form across his back before whispering into his ears. “I take it, you’ve found our friends as well?”

“….of course. They’re back in the in the hotel. But for now, we need to-”

“Oh, fantastic, a certain brooder went and goes to a party without a me. And hey, Helen, happy to say that you are as sultry as ever.”

Her head rose up as she heard the owner’s voice. “Speak of the Giratina,” Both heads turned upward to look down at the end of the alley to witness the Reuniclus casually strolling down the alleyway. “Will, I see you’ve been….yourself as ever.”

“Nice to see you too, Helen. I’m touched, you actually addressed me.” Looking around the mess Eric had made, he pouted insincerely.

“…..what are you doing here?” Eric asked dully. Considering that it’s Will, he wasn’t surprised he found his way over here somehow.

“Just here to make sure you’re not in trouble, otherwise Sally will make sure I cry uncle, you’re welcome and by the way….” Trailing off, he spread his arms, indicating the fallen thugs. “What with you been partying without me again? Okay, I’m hurt, Eric. And here I thought we’re best buddies and all.” A whack across the back of his skull caused his eyes to pop open.

The Serperior ‘tsk-ed’ before freeing Eric from part of her being. “You and him….are hardly that close.” The vine that is used as an impromptu whack-tool slithered away. “What do you want to do with these ponies? I’ll be happy to…take them off you hands.” She made sure that Eric could see the wink before leaning her face close to his ear.

Her face was at a distance too uncomfortable for Eric. So he shook his head before backpedaled to regain comfort zone. “…..no, that’s not what I wanted. What I wanted is information. I’ll talk to-“

“What, you want me to apply the ‘treatment’ to said gentlemen there?” His arm was pointed around the alleyway to the ponies whose faces met the concrete.

“…..should I?” Eric put a head under his chin thought, before shaking his head at the thought alone. “….no, I shouldn’t. I promised mom, and I won’t.”

“…..no, just set up a telepathic communication with the officer behind me.” Said pony squeaked fearfully when the Hydreigon fixed him a sharp glance. “Other than that, just tie them up for the officer later.”

That odd move alone caused Helen to raise an eyebrow, but otherwise didn’t say anything on the matter.

Ever the gentlemen, Will bowed courteously to honor said request. “Oh, right, that is certainly a wise move. I shall get right on it, sir.” The Reuniclus earned another whack to the head.

Helen had recoiled her vine back to brush a “As soon as you put a halt toward your sarcasm, then I shall.”

Grumbling, at his apparent mistreatment or something, his body glowed blue for a moment before it died down. “There you go, one happy conversation between Pokemon and pony is ready. I’ll get the popcorn in the meantime.”

The former human nodded in satisfaction. “…..Will, Helen, take care of the thugs. Leave them immobilized, but otherwise don’t do anything to them.” His gaze was specifically on Will alone.

“What, no thanks?” Will spread out his arms in a mocking shocked expression. “Smart moves should be rewarded.” A vine wrapped around his being, dragged him toward the farthest of the currently dreaming ponies.

They were off, so he spun around to face officer proper. This move caused him to back up, fearing what sort of malevolent creature is capable off.

But what he said next, put such thoughts to a halt. ”….Can you hear me, sir?”

No longer backing up, instead he stared at the Hydreigon like he is the most interesting thing in the world. Was he hearing things now? “What was that?”

”….let’s just say….one of my teammate…..” He jerked a head over his shoulder. “Made this possible, to speak through our minds.”

He….honestly didn’t know what to say. But with the appearance of the wildest things in your dreams within a day turns most of your world upside down, so he nodded dumbly.

”…..anyway, I need to ask you something, officer, if you don’t mind.”

“W-what kind of question?”

”…..the one that relates to the fact that….” He leaned aside to let the officer take a gander of said unconscious ponies who wished him harm just now, only to be saved by a Pokemon. “They attacked you and seems to want something. But cornering an officer of the law, no matter if they’re alone or not, tend to bring down the entire police force breathing down on your neck. There are three options why they did this : One, they are just your small-time thief with no real goal other than steal. Two, they want something from you because you got in their way. Third, you’re a corrupt cop who got cornered because you didn’t hold up your part of some shady dealings. Which one was it, officer?”

The officer blanched at the fact that the Pokemon could read him so fast that it would make somepony’s head spin. “I, uhhh….” He was at a loss of words.

“…..I’m not going to hurt you. But if you happens to be a corrupt cop, then I have to ask you to….surrender yourself.” That was the first time, he had said that. It goes well and beyond his normal modus operandi.

“W-what, no, I’m not a corrupt cop for Celestia’s sake. I’m just a new guy.”

”…..why are they threatening you, officer? Did you steal something that are valuable from them or something else that relates to shady dealings I’ve said before. Or was it….you’ve either seen something you shouldn’t?”

The Pokemon raised valid points, one which was correct. He had been found out, the police pony decided to get it over with, rather than being at the end of this Pokemon’s wrath. “You’re right. I think I did see something that I….shouldn’t.”

“I take it this is about some shady dealings? And they don’t want witnesses?” Eric felt this is some sort of cliched move on the mob’s part.

Nodding in confirmation, he continued. “Yeah, but that’s all partly because I’m the…new guy that I tend to stick my muzzle into things that are none of my business. Within a few years of my service, when I saw a crime by some thugs barging into some stores for example, I decided to intervene only for my partner to shove me backward and warning me not to interfere. This happened in several instances that I was assigned with a new partner. So, I was angry….angry that my fellow colleagues were all….bought out by….I don’t know by whom.”

Eric heard this kind of thing before, a cop bought out, willing to look the other way as long as you had the right amount of ‘paper’ ready to be sent as gifts to those cops. These kinds of things disgust him to the core, yet he showed no reaction toward the fact.

Whatever he was thinking about ended when the officer continued. “So I’ve been seeing all these unsolved cases pop up over the years, but they were always that way because I know that my colleagues….” He trailed off, Eric had understood the implication. “So, I decided to some investigating of my own, and I ended up seeing something I shouldn’t.”

The silence of uncertainty emanated from the officer, which Eric wouldn’t want as he got closer. He motioned the officer to continue.

“I saw something that I shouldn’t…I saw the docks.”

”….docks?”

“Yeah, the docks, when I read the casefiles, it always ended at either the docks or the mansion of a pharmaceutical CEO out of town. I don’t want to wander around the grounds of some influential people so I decided to I would do some investigations on the docks by himself.”

”….by yourself?” Eric knew it wasn’t the smartest of moves, even if he had attempted to do it a few times, but that was because he had hand-to-hand training for self-defense. This cop on the other hand, didn’t seem all the buffed out, seeing as he was made powerless by three thugs.

“I had no choice, I wanted to clean out the police force. Even if some of my friends weren’t corrupt, they were too afraid!” He shouted out, only gaining Eric’s reaction not beyond a slight raise of eyebrow.

But he wasn’t as apathetic as one would concluded at first sight. ”….I’m sorry to hear that, officer.”

Not expecting this kind of Pokemon to say things like that, he nodded in acceptance of what had happened.

”…..after that, what happens next?”

“I know what’s going on in the docks, but most of all, I’ve seen who seems to be the head snake of the operations.”

By now Eric had figured it had to be someone of influential origin to be able to make even almost the whole MPD look away from the questionable activities. So, he listened intently.

“It was….it was…Medicine Bits.”

”….Medicine Bits?”

“Yeah, the CEO I mentioned earlier? She’s the head snake. No one in the whole force knows who it was that pulls her string, but no one cares as long as the pay is good. I saw her at the docks earlier this day and because of that, I got caught as well and well, here I am.”

It made sense, a dock would means it’s a good place to smuggle things in and out of the city. With a mob control over it, they would have unlimited access to goods from all over the world. Not to mention this is Manehattan, the trade center of Equestria. This is the perfect set up, a dock owned by the CEO of a pharmaceutical company who also happens to be influential, making this CEO practically untouchable by the law. Those she couldn’t bribe, she would….’persuade’ to an understanding, like what happened with this officer. In a big city like this, mobs bound to be loose.

Hearing the information, he took it to heart. But Eric felt that he has everything he needs to know, so he turned around. ”….thank you for the information, officer. I’m sorry again about your colleagues, that’s the least I could offer. By the way…” He floated around the ponies, who have know found themselves each immobilized by vines wrapped around them like a lasso. ”These guys are all yours now.”

The three-headed Pokemon left with his companion without another word, but one question remains. “Wait!”

Fearfully, he asked. “Why did you ask me about this?” Whatever the Pokemon had in mind, it couldn’t be good.

”…..I just wanted to know, that’s all. After this, I’ll decide my actions, but for now.....I'll think about it." With that said, Eric nodded his goodbye before leaving the cop to his thoughts.

The cryptic sentence hadn’t abated his curiosity one bit. But he felt, asking for more was like asking for a death wish to be granted.

As he was left uncertain of the Pokemon, the Hydreigon and his companion left the alleyway and left the criminals to his care.


“….hmmm, was he lying about everything he said just now?” With the news that a mob had basically had the city in it’s pocket, he figured that no one could be trusted on these parts, including the officer. “….there’s only one way to find out, even if I don’t like it in the end. But doing that means….” Briefly exiting his train of thoughts, he glanced at the hotel, remembering the mare and Braviary inside. “….that would means deviating from our supposed purpose of coming here. But…..”

Leaving things the way they are, in other words, the black status quo, it made his heart scream out. But the options given to him was not the easiest to decide.

Thankfully, Helen had delayed that at the moment. “So, Eric, we are heading to a hotel?”

“….yeah, our friends are inside. Probably waiting.”

That got the snake’s attention. “Friends? You mean, our teammate’s type of friends?”

“Oh, no, Helen, my dearest.” His tone took on another sarcasm mode. “This one is much more interesting, I’m pretty sure. Oh wait, back up, did I mention that one of them happens to be a handsome bird? Oh, I’m pretty sure that one looks like a star-personified. You’ll be given love at first sight. Oh, the wonders made my heart-OW!”

Another whack made sure he stayed silent as he nursed the small bump on his bubbly head. Helen glanced back at Eric for answers

Sensing her gaze, he answered. “…..you’ll see.”

Dealing with cryptic sentences from her trainer was nothing new to her, so she took his word for it.


Once they had arrived and dealt with the minor business regarding hotel’s booking is over, they had gone up the stairwell toward their room in the second floor. Other than minor encounter with hotel staff and other guest, the trip had gone smoothly and now Eric stood before room 212.

Meanwhile, a conversation took place in his silence. “Yeah, right, and I’m a blind mon. Otherwise, I’m in perfect health.” Will finished with a roll of his eyes, only to receive reprimanding whack.

The vine retracted to be placed across Helen’s chest before raising her head up high. “Do be quiet, I’m merely expressing interest.”

“Oh, alright, I’ll put that into my sultry friend’s business to be addressed later, thank you very much.” Ducking just in time, Will’s overbearing grin returned to annoy the snake to the next level.

Voice still level, Helen rubbed a vine across her face. “And you wondered why Sally tried to beat you down all the time. ”

“Nah, why would she? With us being bestest of friends and all. She’ll be smiling in no time when I sung out my words.”

“…..guys, can we please stop this?” Eric’s voice broke through all argument. “We’re in a hotel, stop doing things to embarrass yourself.”

The Reuniclus shrugged toward the accusations. “No, we’re just having a good old conversation buddy-to-buddy here. Nothing interesting here.”

Ignoring the jab, his head instead found it’s way to the knob. He found that it wasn’t locked, proving the two is still inside.

Glancing back at Helen, he stated. “….Helen?”

“Yes?”

“…..try not to appear too intimidating, but otherwise act like yourself. And of course, that means lowering your head to almost pony level not with mine.” Said head was as he had stated, it was eye-level with his, well above a pony’s head.

“I try to, dear.” Her head lowered to a reasonable degree which wouldn’t appear intimidating.

Satisfied at her height adjustment, Eric turned the knob and the door was pushed inward.

Inside, both the mare and her partner moved to remove Dawn and Eric’s belonging from their respective bags, which wasn’t really much. But their attention removed from the objects when their figure quickly perked up when she heard the click of the door as it creaked open. They move to greet their three-headed friend, but stopped the moment they caught sight of a giant snake behind him with the eyes of the bloodiest of crimson and slitted pupil.

Both made a reaction the Hydreigon fully expected. One, Dawn was intimidated when those bloody pupils bore into hers, as if her soul was currently read. Two, Dominus’ blood rushed into his cheeks, turning them tomato color.

Eric sighed when the realization that even the adjustment doesn’t help much. “…..before you ask, this is a friend. A Serperior to be precise.” He floated aside so Dawn could get a more clear look at the snake before her.

Her eyes roamed all over the serpentine body and found them quite nearly, if not as captivating as the Milotic that she encountered in Canterlot. Dawn found herself, couldn’t tore the gaze away, same could be said for her partner, whose face couldn’t help, but

Of course, said Serperior was not one to miss such telltale signs and laughed. “You have quite the interesting new friends. Their reactions tells much.”

When the words registered, he found out that his current behaviour is a sham and hid his face away into his wings, mumbling all sorts of ‘sorry’.

“Well, will you look at that, our kid is having a . Excuse me, while I gag at this romantic scene now.” Once again, he ducked just in time to avoid having another reprimand.

Instead, the Serperior found the reaction quite endearing. “Oh, you’re reaction are much cuter than I expected.” She slithered inside, before Eric shut the door to secure their privacy.

Dawn, now pulled out of whatever trance she was in, managed to blanch. “Uh, wait, wait, wait, did you say friend?”

Instead of giving answers, Eric decided to take action. He extended an arm out toward the Serperior closing in on her. “….Dawn, Dominus, meet Helen. You don’t need to be scared of her even if she appears so.”

“Thanks a lot for the info, brooder, real helpful.” Will had threw himself into the soft mattress and stretched.

He was ignored in favor for the event happening between Dawn and Helen. Now that she was close enough, the blood-red eyes that could gaze into your innermost depth was at full view. It wasn’t helping that the fact, the snake was quite…bigger than she had expected, further adding the intimidation factor.

Sensing the foreboding aura, Eric had moved closer to ensure that nothing would happen in-between the two.

Dawn couldn’t say a thing, the intimidation she felt as well as the silence was slowly asserting over her being. So she did the only thing she could. “Who are you?” She blurted out. Then her hooves found themselves over her mouth.

“Wow, Grade A greeting. Very impressive, I must say.” Will snarked from his spot, earning a sharp glance his way from Helen that almost freezes his soul.

Once the snarker had been taken care of, her gaze re-fixed itself on said mare, who did her best not to flinch.

Dominus had freed himself from his blushing spree and let his presence known. “Hey, Dawn, you there?” No reply was given. “Speak to me, dudette.”

Then she did the one thing, Dawn didn’t expect, a vine was extended out before her. All tensions immediately melted away. “Wait….what?”

“I take it, that I’m too intimidating?” Her head was lowered to the point that it was almost pony-level. “Please forgive me then, and let me reintroduce myself. My name is Helen, Eric’s second team member after Sally before me. What’s yours?”

Looking at the vine that was offered, she felt that she should do it. And she offered her own hoof, which the vine promptly wrapped around in. It shook said hoof much to her surprise. “My name is Solar Dawn. It uncoiled and slid back toward Helen.

“I do hope we can become closer as time goes on.”

“Emphasis on closer being more sensual? Arceus, what has this world gone into? And here I was expecting instant foreplay.” The gaze that could freeze his soul solid returned. “H-hey, no need for that kind of glare. Just stating facts.”

“I’m heterosexual, Will. And you have no business in knowing my love life.”

“Although, you do have quite the interesting body that many would be captivated about.”

That was the last thing Dawn had expected, her blush came full force onto her cheeks. “W-what? Wait, wait, I think you got it wrong. I wasn’t that attractive….right, guys?”

A soft giggle came out of the Serperior as her amusement made known. “It was just a joke, dear.”

Suddenly, the urge to rub his forehead was there for the snake’s trainer.

“It would appear that we would get along just fine. I’m looking forward to our mutual friendship.” A vine found itself petting the mare on the head, leaving her confused.

Then the Serperior’s next victim, Dominus was in her sight. “Well, what do we have here?”

“Perfect timing to get all dirty. Not that I don’t mind, please continue.” His hands made a biting motion.

Due to his sarcastic comment, Dominus didn’t take him seriously, instead opted to let his eyes roam her figure again which just serve to make his face a tomato-like impression.

Of course, Helen noticed this and taken the initiative. Leaning her face close

It took all of his willpower to ignore the ‘suggestive’ approach the Serperior had taken. “I-I-, ex-excuse me?”

A hearty laugh from one Reuniclus was made. He was literally clutching his sides at putty Braviary scene.

Dominus willed himself not to screech at the source of his embarrassment. “Shut up, grandpa.”

She would have continued her approach to this Braviary had it not for an arm that quickly slinked around her form. It tugged her away from the Braviary.

Turning around, her trainer secured an arm around her form. “….Helen…stop it, you’re making him flustered.” Tugging once more, she found he will not argue.

“I’m just playing around, it’s nothing. Although, the offer’s still there, Dominus. I’ll be waiting.” Leaning her face close, she brushed his beak with a vine then she did the last thing he wanted her to do…..kissing his forehead.

He didn’t faint, but he was catatonic for the time being, eyes wide and staring ahead in an impression of a thousand yard stare.

Helen giggled at this cute reaction before winking for a final offense. The Braviary put a heart over his chest before dashing away into the bathroom. A sound of running water and splash is heard later.

Another mad laugh reverberated throughout the room that made Will fell of his bed as he tried to rein in his laughter to no avail.

“….Helen quit that, she’s our hostess’….” Pointing at the still wide-eyed mare, he continued. “Partner, if you get what I mean. Stop those….things you do. It’s uncomfortable enough as it is.”

She made a pouty face before twisting around to face her trainer proper. “If that is your wish. Then, I’ll gladly do it.” She fluttered her eyelashes before sending a hot breath straight to his neck.

As always, Eric had wisened up against Helen’s trick so the hot breath was nothing than annoyance now. Then he released his arm around her, letting her know that she’s good to go.

Winking, suggestively, she slithered herself closer to the bed before a door slamming open caught everyone’s attention.

Dominus staggered out of the bath, face and head feathers all soaked. “Okay, dude, that was….” The dreamy look on his face. “…good……” Realizing what he had said, he whacked his head against the doorway. “…no, bad thoughts, thoughts.”

“….I wouldn’t call it good.” In the end, he rubbed his head. The Serperior had turned another one into a putty in her vines.

Turning to a more immediate problems at hand, Eric clicked a head toward Dawn, who was still in a state of trance. “….Dawn!”

“I, uh…what?” Rubbing her eyes, much to her comfort Helen had already stopped her assault.

“….anyway,

“Is that why you have come here, Eric?”

Glancing over to her, he nodded. “….that’s right. And this in turn, I didn’t expect to run into you at all as well. I’m glad you’re alright.”

A soft giggle was let out. “We could call it, taking out two Pidgeys with one stone.”

Will had decided this was time to intervene. “Wow, Arceus had a great timing for things after all. Such divinity, I think I just might laught at it all. Haha.”

“Shut up, Will.” Helen ensured that Will could feel the extent of her gaze first hand.” Can’t you see we’re in the middle of a conversation here?”

Will held his hands up in mock innocence. “Just saying, snake girl. Don’t get your coils tied up over it.” He could her gaze soften and his body moveable again.

“Make sure of that. Oh, I almost forgot.” A vine had, out of nowhere whacked Will in the back once more, somehow stealthily escaped his notice. “For being sarcastic again.”

Dawn was in no mood for this, she was tired, got flustered and Will’s decorating the atmosphere with his attitude didn’t help. “Can we please get this over with?” Her voice took on a curt tone.

“Dawn’s right, dude.” Wiping the remains of water from his feathers, he slinked past Eric to stand beside his partner. “If you got a plan, now’s the best time to share it with us.”

Dawn requested a plan, Eric’s brain quickly went into overdrive. He put a head to his chin in thought. “…..hmmm, I got two simple things for plans. One, we could just ask around. And second, being the largest city with the largest population in Equestria, there’s got to be a library around if asking around didn’t work out.”

“…..alright. I got a simple plan, ask around for a while tomorrow. If there’s any hospital, then some of them bound to know something.”

Before they could argue, he held up a hand to indicate silence.

“….I have another. If that doesn’t work, we’ll go with it, but first….we need to find out if there’s a library here.” His gaze fixed on Dawn, slightly startling her, but knowing what he meant.

She nodded in agreement.

“….then we all in agreement?” His eyeballs moved between both Helen and Will then Dominus.

“Of course, dear. Wouldn’t want to miss out all the fun, would we?” Helen winked.

“Hey, dude, you know that I’m with you right?” Dominus slapped a wing across his chest. “Wouldn’t wanna left a friend behind too.”

“What both of them said.” Will finished.

“……that’s good enough for me, then. Alright, it’s decided, we’ll be heading out into town tomorrow morning after our daily routine to ask around for information.”

A nod from each respective companions was made. That satisfied Eric enough, however, his mind was on a different matter now as he left them to their own musing while he did his.

Then out the window, he find himself gazing into the city proper, but his eyes quickly zeroed in on one particular location.

Even in the afternoon, his eyes couldn’t miss the activities within the location if the movement of the crane was any indication. “…..hmmm, maybe….just maybe, I could do quick check…..but later….tonight.”


The moonlight shone through the window, revealing night time had taken over Equus once more. It was 9pm, the time ponies would let themselves in and would slumber to await morning time. Unfortunately, Manehattan is no such place, it was called the City that Never Sleeps for nothing.

Nonetheless, the city was bathed in Luna’s moonlight to compliment the buildings and skyscraper across the city that glimmered in the darkness.

All this was visible on the balcony Eric had taken position in. “….hmm, it’s really is a carbon copy of Castelia City in a way. There’s almost no other coastal city like that otherwise.”

But this night, he had more pressing matters, one he didn’t tell his companions about. Glancing over his shoulder, he had already ensure they wouldn’t be waking up anytime soon.

Shrugging his shoulders. “…..alright, this will be a check in, nothing more, nothing less. After that, I’ll plan my next move tomorrow.”

He floated toward the bedside table and swiped the keys under the table light and slinked away from the beds. All this and none was disturbed from their slumber, not even a visible coiled up serpentine figure on the floor.

From there he made his way to the doors, but he sensed the all too familiar gaze boring down onto his back.

“Oh, dear, where is it you want to go this night? And without me no less.” A certain Serperior’s voice purred.

“….Helen, I thought you were asleep.” A simple glance over his shoulder, he looked at the approaching Serperior neutrally. “.....and of course, you know where I’m going.” Eric silenced himself as he let the implication sink in.

“Ah, the docks, yes? Then let me come to accompany you.” Helen’s eyes became half-lidded.

“.....no….let me deal with this one by myself.” His tone left no room with argument. “It’s better that way.”

Detecting the tone, she wasn’t about to give up. “Oh? Please give me a reason why?” She leaned her face dangerously close to her trainer, smiling seductively.

Her gaze that could freeze Pokemon and ponies alike hardly affected her trainer, partly because she didn’t really put much effort into her soul-stealing gaze.

Eric carefully pushed her away from his comfort zone. “....I have to. In case something bad happened again, at least no one

“I don’t know what went on exactly back then, but the last thing I wanted is some brute scarring that husky face of yours.” Her smile is gone, replaced by a steely gaze. “I know you were doing some of those ‘side activities’ of yours again. Something happened to made you want to really go alone this time right?”

Silence was her only answer. “I shall take that as a yes? Please, let me come with you. I promise that any brute won’t even so much as scar our skins.”

Ignoring her advances, he give it some thought. “.....hmmm, what should I do? It’s...better off that I….tackle this solo this time, lest that….happened again.” He silently bit his lip when he remembered the source of his guilt. “.....but I know for a fact that Helen….won’t let me go either….not without dragging me back anyway.”

Eric sighed when he realized he was only left with one choice, the one he tried to avoid. “....alright, you can come.”

She brushed her vine across his cheek as she slithered by. “Now, let us go.”

Face still as neutral as ever, he joined her soon. Their destination is only one place : Manehattan Dockyard.


Play this as the second closing theme

Author's Note:

Here we are, people, they have arrived, at The City That Never Sleeps aka Manehattan of Equestria. Now, they would search Equestria's largest city and center of information for a possibility of a cure.

Of course, Eric, being the one who always had the urge to do the right thing would go out of his way to save a cop from his imminent doom at the hands of three unknown thugs. Thus, this in turn, causes a whole chain of event out of his hands to reveal itself.

As usual, sorry for any mishaps on my part for any grammar or phrasing mistakes :twilightsheepish:

Hope you guys enjoy! :twilightsmile:

Also, here's a full-sized picture of the photograph (note, the image is an updated version of the characters human form, so if any future pictures is not up to par, please forgive me)