• Published 14th Jan 2015
  • 456 Views, 6 Comments

inFAMOUS: Of Hoof and Smoke - LegendHeart



A crossover story of inFAMOUS and MLP. Rainbow Dash teams up with a rogue conduit to help him find his daughter.

  • ...
 6
 456

Chapter 1: The Conduit Threat

Sometimes Rainbow Dash was well behaved, and as awesome and perfect as she thinks she is. Most of the time she was an average delinquent, tagging buildings and stealing small packs of gum. Rainbow never had many friends, only the two she had from childhood. They were both dead. Her two late friends, Fluttershy and Shooting Star, were killed by bio-terrorists. Bio-terrorists were ponies with the ability to manipulate certain matter. They could also turn an average nopony into a full-fledged power house. Some bio-terrorists, or conduits, used their unique powers for the greater good, but others were hungry for more power. The bio-terrorists were watched by an organization called the Equestrian Bureau of Bio-Terrorist Investigation. Most ponies just call them the E.B.B. There used to be a time when they were all kept in one place, Curdan Cay Station.

Rainbow Dash flew from rooftop to rooftop, tagging billboards with her black spray can. The cool fall breeze cut through her like a knife, as she flew back down to the streets of Cloudsdale. She heard the distant buzz of the display televisions in the cheap electronics depot window. She flew over to see what they were broadcasting. Rainbow was homeless, so she didn't get to watch T.V much. They were playing the Channel 6 News.

"A bio-terrorist killing spree is terrorizing southern Cloudsdale this afternoon." The news pony said. "The assumed perpetrator is a pegasus named Lightning Fast, with a history of murder and arson."

They displayed a mugshot of an ugly, scrawny, grey furred pony with a shaved head. Rainbow's attention to the news was quickly stolen as a mushroom cloud flared up into the sky, filling her with a feeling of distraught.

Rainbow spread her wings and shot off into the distance as ambulances were headed in the same direction. The sound of police sirens filled the air as she approached a ginormous crater filled with rubble, destroyed cars, and fallen buildings. She brought her hooves to the ground and walked up to the edge of the crater.

"Put your hooves in the air, now!" A voice rang out from a mega phone.

The conduit pony from the news was standing in the middle of the crater. He snickered as he walked about the barren field of roasted corpses he had created. The voice behind the mega phone rang out once again.

"This is your final warning! Hooves in the air NOW!"

The conduit pony, named Lightning Fast, held a ponderous look on his face. It was replaced by an evil smirk, as he was enveloped by a cloud of smoke and embers. He soon appeared next to Rainbow Dash. He pushed her to the ground as shackles made of ash formed around each of her hooves, holding her in place. He let out harsh, raspy voice.

"Hey, little filly. Hold still." He smiled, showing his browned teeth.

Rainbow was shrouded by hot embers was lifted into the hair. Smoke formed at each of her hooves, slowly climbing up her body.

"Leave me alone or she gets it!" Once again Lightning's harsh voice came again.

Rainbow's somewhat reckless albeit infinite bravery gave her the courage to spit on the stallions face.

He let out a low growl. "Aah, I see we have a feisty one here."

The smoke and shackles holding her faded into the air as she dropped to the ground. Lightning seemed like he was going to punch her, when his hoof seemed to burst into flames, and blasted her in the chest with a flurry of flames, then punching her in the face with his ashen hoof.

As soon as they made contact, Rainbow seemed to have been sucked into a foreign land. She looked around her new environment, trying to see where she was.

A cold voice rose from the darkness. "I-I-I'll never t-tell you"

The darkness was lit up faintly, as a tall, slender earth pony approached another pony, a pegasus. The light grew brighter revealing Lightning Fast shackled to the ceiling by his front hooves, suspended in the air.

"Look, Lightning, we know your daughter inherited your conduit gene. We know she's a bio-terrorist." A faint yellow glow appeared around the slender pony's hooves.

"I have ways of making ponies talk, Lightning."

The yellow glow around their hooves turned into a whirl of shards of rock. Lightning Fast let out a scream as a shard of concrete shot right through his abdomen, then it was quickly removed. The light in the room faded to black, and she woke up next to the crater.

She opened her eyes to see Lightning Fast gazing down at her. She quickly furrowed her brow, sending a hoof in his direction. Rainbow's heart sank as her hoof was enveloped in embers, knocking Lightning back. Both Rainbow and Lightning sat in a daze, glaring at her blazing hoof.

"Y-you..." Rainbow sputtered. "What did you do to me?" Her voice low and calm sounding from pure shock.

Lightning was just as astounded. A faint voice came from the direction of the E.B.B jeeps that weren't there before.

"The Rainbow one is a bio-terrorist, too!"

What came next was a blaze of bullets in her direction. She tried to run away, but unintentionally faded into thin air as a veil of smoke, appearing next to the E.B.B soldiers, them wondering where she went. The troops looking around frantically. Rainbow planted a strike from her flaming hoof right on one of the soldiers faces. She shot upwards, and crashed back down to the earth, releasing a flaring shock wave knocking out nearly all the soldiers. One last one tried to flee, but Rainbow used the same smoke shackle trick Lightning used on her. Lightning Fast then swiftly ran to Rainbow's side.

"Hey, Filly." He said. "Many pardons for before, but lemme just say that you're gettin' the hang of them new tricks I gave ya." He met another swift hoof to the face.

"I don't want your 'tricks'" Rainbow was furious. "Take them back!" She connected her hooves with his as they had done before. Nothing happened.

She got off of him, an angry look on her face. "I... can't. I wish I could Filly, really."

"Somethin' you may now about the Bureau is that they don't care if you done somethin' or not. You're a conduit, your out. Dead." Lightning explained. "I... Had a daughter. Her name was Light Speed. She inherited my conduit gene, except she could manipulate neon gas, and I could manipulate smoke. She always used to ask me to help her control it. I kept refusin', denyin' my daughter had any powers."

Rainbow could see a tear roll down his cheek.

"One day she had a burst of power, an explosion wipin' out our entire house." Lightning closed his eyes. "Her mother didn't make it. She wasn't Conduit, she couldn't withstand the blast."

Rainbow had conflicting emotions of anger and pity. She couldn't help but feel sorry for the old stallion.

"Me and her ran away, fast as we could. One day the E.B.B caught up with us, they took me in, askin' where Light Speed was, but I wouldn't tell. They wouldn't take my little filly."

Rainbow almost shed a tear her self.

"I need to find her. The only 'mass murders' I ever done were on E.B.B soldiers. Wouldn't touch an innocent, cross my heart. Don't know what came over me when I saw you."

Lightning Fast looked Rainbow Dash in the eyes.

"Will you help me find her? I'll swear to help you become stronger."

Rainbow said nothing, looking at the ground. Lightning let out a sigh, and began to walk away.

"My names Rainbow Dash."

Lightning's ears perked up as he turned around.

"Now, where did you last see your daughter?"

Author's Note:

Yes, this was short, but if all goes well hopefully I can release more chapters! :twilightblush: