• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 730 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 730

Ruffled Feathers

Ruffled Feathers

I followed my amulet to a lake as quickly as I could walk, that same tingle up my spine meant it was going to be a downpour, I'd rather not be out for as long as necessary in such weather.

I noted briefly from the pegasi that flew above me that the rumors of Equestria being completely in control of the weather was true. All pegasi could do it of course, but outside it was another story, the elements were incredibly untamed and there wasn't a large quantity available in towns to team up and make such practiced bouts of rain and other elements.

Here, it seems that the Harmony effect, that is what I'm calling this naturally clean and safe territory in Equestria, makes the weather much more tame.

An exception being the Everfree, it is positively filled with chaotic energy, everything there works independently on it's own, which is strange from even outside Equestria, even trees need a little help from ponies presence to properly grow.

Here however the air is humming with that energy, thus leading to everything from docile clouds to rapidly growing trees.

And now at the lake, I had managed to find the source of water, and crouched down with the bottle.

After it filled to the top I only need to get a Belladonna blossoms, a florist should have them available somewhere.

It was halfway there when I heard music nearby, filled with cheer and happy giggling.

I knew the warning signs as the song came to a close after some lyrics I couldn't make out. So I quickly turned the other direction, and made long and decisive strides in taking an alternative path from whatever the amulet was going.

I was not going to get interrupted by Pinkie this day, hopefully whatever she is wrapped up in keeps her busy enough.


I sat down in front of the florist, looking at all the different plants on display, Belladonna wasn't among them.

It was a long shot I suppose, the flower after all wasn't pretty enough for display reasons, I would have through it have been included for its raw taste at the very least.

I'll have to scavenge it from nearby I suppose, it will take a little digging till I find the right heard, is worse comes to worse, I might actually need to get some actual food.

"Hello there, getting something specific?" I turned my head to see a pegasus, grey coat and blond hair looking at me with a smile, her cutie mark a sun covered by a cloud.

"I was looking for a particular herb, it doesn't have it." I turned away and walked in the general direction of the Everfree through town, of course, it seems that Pinkie isn't the only one who was nosy.

"Well a mare like yourself doesn't seem like the flower type." She observed as she walked beside me smiling, "You look more like the kind with ropes and discipline."

I paused slightly, before pressing on.

Innuendos were hardly something to expect from these ponies, I suppose she was the odd one of the bunch.

"No such items, and discipline is more for those in an Army, I have no command, control or responsibilities over certain individuals or pets, I have neither as such." Ignore the comment and she might go away.

The smile on her face was less than innocent, "Well well, you sound like a lot of fun, so may I have your name? Or would you prefer beautiful?"

Breath... exhale, "Scry Fortune."

"Really?" She flapped her wings till she was hovering slightly in the air, "So does that mean you can read my mind then?" As she drifted behind me.

Not without a Mind-link Mew-dew, "Likely it has something to do with 'what is under my cloak' considering how you are staring at my flank." She guffawed and I simply walked on forward.

"Your pretty funny you know that," She bumped my shoulder as she kept pace with me, "Mine's Cloud Kicker by the way, and what is it that your so focused in looking for hmm?"

I will never have a peaceful day, "It's Belladonna blossoms, and it's fine, I can simply find them near the forest."

"Oh those? I grow a batch outside my house."

... fates, why are you so cruel?

"... Very well, I only need a hoof-full and I will be fine."

"Heh, alright then, so what exactly are you planning on using them for?"

"I'm a soup maker by trade, I'm planning to add them for flavoring."

"Really... so are you planning to share it with a special somepony?"

I raised an eyebrow, that smile suggested less than savory ideas, "It's for myself."

"Hmm... so, you like to do it alone then? Alright."

My jaw dropped open, and closed immediately, I flipped through the conversation I had and tried to figure out how exactly we got onto this topic.

"I... don't believe I know what you are talking about."

"Heh, you don't know what Belladonna is?"

It was a flower I commonly used for substituting meals with a Nutrition Brew, I don't believe I really delved into other possible uses."

"I just don't have any idea how you jumped to this topic, I really don't."

"Belladonna has a building sensation of heat if taken in large quantities, it's pretty much a homegrown aphrodisiac."

I blinked, and thought back to the time I had decided to test some of the plant ingredients raw to see any personal effects came to fruition. Belladonna had been strong, and spicy, I think I distinctly remember it being much warmer that I had previously before eating it.

Oh by Tautarus...

"I... don't use it for such an effect." I turned my back towards her, for I was sure that my face would be struggling not to frown discontentedly. "If anything, I have never even learned of such a use of the ingredient."

"Hmmm? Alright then, if you say so." The ever so casual tone suggested she thought otherwise, I let it go.

"Will you... please, let me purchase some of your stock of Belladonna."

"Don't worry, it's pretty much on the house, of course you can tip me however." I was already aware of what such 'tip' that would be. "I mean making out of course." And sure enough the blunt confession threw my mind in a loop.

"Sorry, I'm not that generous."

"Fair enough, this way madam!" With an exaggerated attitude, she pointed in a direction, I followed behind.

The attitude was annoying, but I could put up with it for now.


Surprisingly, she lived in a house, usually pegasi like to craft their own out of clouds.

Every three minutes I spent with Cloud Kicker, is another I'm flirted with or hit with some form of innuendo. I might seclude myself but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to some of the things she said to me.

Needless to say, I am likely going to be put off by donuts more than I would have by my dislike of sugar.

Finally, we found ourselves in a unruly field filled the red Belladonna blossoms, I was filling a sactual, as much as I could.

I would put off coming back here as long as I can.

"So Scry, whats with the cloak."

"... I am a private person, I don't particularly like ponies stopping me in the street because I seem to be open." I took a moment to glare pointedly at her, but she shrugged it off.

"If anything your kind of drawing other ponies attention, especially to the parts exposed..." I resisted the urge to twitch at her very true statement., and the licentious comment that she sneaked into the sentence.

"It is a more practical piece than anything, it offers protection against the elements and gives a layer of protection against pests."

"Your in the middle of town, no 'elements' are going to be hurting your pretty little head." I jumped as I felt something touch my flank, "But seriously, this end isn't bad either-

I pulled the string on the bag and sealed it up, and started my way towards my home, "Thank you for the herbs, I'll just be-

"Hold on, there's a storm going to happen for the next hour, I can't very well let you go out in the rain right?" She smiled and I had the very powerful urge to kick her teeth in. I knew there was a storm, I didn't care.

But of course, I was dragged inside by hospitality seemingly common in every ponies bloodstream.

Is it wrong that I prefer the distrusting and less generous attitude of ponies outside of Equestria.


I watched outside, Cloud Kicker was part of the weather team, so she had to go out and put up her section of clouds across the sky.

Soon, she came in and shook her main of the small drops that had managed to hit her on the way in.

"So, what do you think? Do I look better dry, or soaking wet?" She asked me, not ten seconds since she walked in.

I knew it was coming, I think I already had her down to a formula.

"How long did you say the storm would last?"

"About an hour, give or take a couple minutes."

I simply stared out the window as the rain fell, I counted one for each second that passed, soon a silence filled the room.

Before I could actually believe she had given up, I heard the sound of plates clinking in another room. She was in the kitchen.

To take up the time, I recounted the other types of plants I had tested in order to balance out exactly what could have which effect.
Heat inducing flora? You would think the Brewing Book would tell me something about that, was that a commonly known effect among the pony populace?

For as long as I live, I would not share this experience.
Not as if that's anything new.

"Hey! I have some nice daisy sandwiches, want a piece?" I turned my head around to see her peeking from outside the kitchen door.

"... Okay." I finally relented, no point in refusing an offer I suppose, she disappeared into the kitchen and I was left with my thoughts.

And counting raindrops.

Author's Note:

Cloud Kicker's personality is inspired by Chengar Qordath and his story of 'The Life and Times of a Winning Pony' which is one of my favorite interpretations of a background pony. (Sorry Derpy).

Here's to the Cloud Kicker charm, and keep in mind this isn't copying her character from the story, I am thinking of incorporating some normal info like a old friend of Rainbow and so on, not the deep ties to Fluttershy however.
Otherwise, happy, banging, Cloud Kicker.