• Published 7th Jan 2015
  • 907 Views, 5 Comments

Destiny Book 1: Dark Vengeance - SirScribe



The Mane 6 face their biggest challenge yet as they go horn-to-horn against their darkest foes.

  • ...
17
 5
 907

Nightmare V. Discord

The four friends stood back as Nightmare Moon appeared. Fluttershy was the most worried. Behind them, Discord was there tossing up an emerald like a bouncy ball. That's because whenever it hit the ground, instead of shattering, it bounced back into his paw. "I thought you all liked surprises," Discord said. "Looks like I was wrong."

Rainbow flew up into Discord's face. "Listen here, buddy! You are going to reverse all of this right now before somepony gets hurt! I thought you were reformed!"

Discord rolled his eyes. "There's reformed, then there's acting. I never liked the princesses, and showing them that I had 'changed' made it easy for me to create the perfect storm!" His form changed to an attire found in the 1600s England. In his paw was a foam skull. “I should take up acting.”

Fluttershy flew up to Discord. "You lied to us! You never cared about being our friend! You are just one great big MEANIE!"
Tears formed in Discord's eyes. "Fluttershy, I am so sorry. I promise you will never see this side of me ever again. Please, can you forgive me?"

As if on cue, Nightmare fired a beam of magic at Fluttershy. She shrieked as she fell to the ground. Rainbow rushed down to help her friend.

"Fluttershy!"

The others rushed to Fluttershy's aid. Rainbow helped her friend to her hooves. "Um, thank you, um..."

Rainbow was confused. "Um, Fluttershy, are you OK?"

The pegasus nodded. "I don't know why my eyes are still clos- oh no."

Rarity moved closer to the pegasus. Fluttershy cowered and dropped to the ground. "Why is everything so dark? Oh Celestia, I-it's so dark. Ple-please somepony turn on a light."

Rainbow looked at her friends. "Sweet Celestia, my eyes are open. I can't see! I'm blind!"

The group gasped. Rainbow turned to Nightmare Moon. "You give my friend's eyesight back, or I'll-"

Discord snapped his fingers. Instantly, an apple lodged itself into Rainbow Dash’s mouth. With another snap of his fingers, two anchors wrapped in chains ensnared the pegasus, sending her straight into the ground. The fall forced her to take a bite from the apple. Applejack was the next to take action. She readied her rope, and attempted to lasso the Draconiquus.

It didn't work.

The lasso immediately turned into a snake. The snake hissed at the Earth Pony, forcing her to drop it. Rarity was busy trying to free Rainbow from the anchors. The process would've been quicker if Rarity didn't use a Hoof Filer to cut the chains. Fluttershy was still cowering behind Rarity.

Discord sighed at the sight before him. "Maybe this is a bit too easy," he said.

Nightmare looked at him. "And yet you were defeated by these pests...twice! You think this too easy?"

"Well look at them. One is blind, the other is weighed down, one is defenseless, and then there's Rarity. Believe me when I say that Rarity doesn't have an offensive abilities except for magic. I've seen what she can do, but that only applies with fashion. Face it, Nightmare, this is too easy," Discord said.

Nightmare facehoofed. "Well maybe it is without the Elements of Harmony. I thought you said the Elements were in Ponyville!"

"I told you, and you looked everywhere except where they are. You were probably standing right on top of it and didn't notice!"

"What is thou saying about thee?! That I be a blind fool?"

Discord cracked a smile. "If that's what you want to call it, sure. You 'be a blind fool'."

"TIS A LIE DISCORD!"

"Says the pony who knew Celestia had control over the Elements of Harmony! You knew the Elements were her new weapons, and you didn't bother trying to eliminate them? Face it, you be a blind fool!"

Nightmare's horn lit up. "How about I correct a small flaw in this plan!"

Discord summoned two Chaos Cannons: devices that were able to spread chaos anywhere and everywhere without wasting energy. "Bring it on, Moon Butt!"

Nightmare fired a magical beam at the god of Chaos. He simply dodged it and fired one of his cannons at Nightmare. A direct hit on the snout gave Nightmare an uncontrollably growing mustache and beard. Another shot fired and gave Nightmare a DUNCE hat.

Nightmare formed a pair of scissors and snipped the beard and 'stache. She shook the cap off her head. She fired a magical blast at Discord's Chaos Cannon, turning it into a bunch of bats. Discord rolled up his imaginary sleeve. "Oh it's on!"

With a snap of his fingers, Nightmare's wings turned into Jell-O. A pink cloud of chocolate milk rained down on the Princess of the Night. Her facial expression said it all: you've got to be kidding me. Discord reached over and plucked Nightmare's horn from her head and used it to scoop up the cloud. At first, Nightmare had no idea how to react. She just punched Discord, forcing him to drop her horn.

Discord sat straight up and summoned a glass of chocolate milk. He threw it at Nightmare's head, luckily she managed to duck in time. The glass flew over her head and exploded behind her. Nightmare turned her head to the crater left behind. Inside was a couple of Jack-in-the-Boxes crawling out and breaking into shops nearby.

Nightmare charged her counterattack. She fired a beam, hitting Discord's cloven hoof. Immediately he was engulfed in a black smoke. He shrieked as the smoke encased him. Nightmare fashioned a victorious grin. "Would'st thou apologize for thy offensive comment about thee?"

Discord laughed from within. "No way, Jose!" he called out.

Nightmare's victorious grin changed to a confused look. "And who is this 'Jose'? Is he one worthy opponent?"

Instead of answering, a block of ooze flew out of the smoke, nailing Nightmare in the muzzle. The cloud disappeared, leaving one dazed draconiquus behind. He looked over at the alicorn. She was covered in the ooze that sailed through the sky. Discord walked over and leaned into her face. "Checkmate, Nightmare."

Nightmare sighed in defeat. "Perhaps thou art correct. Perhaps this affair in Canterlot is too mediocre. A complete victory is control over the Elements," she said.

Discord allowed the ooze to melt, allowing Nightmare to stand. "I suggested looking in Ponyville. I said that a billion times!"

"The Elements are not there. There is none there but workforce," she said.

Discord sighed. "Twilight hid them in her library! There are in a glass case, and-"

Nightmare raised her hoof. "Where are the ponies we had reigned victorious over?"

"They're right over he-"

He gestured to the spot where the 4 ponies were, but the only things that were in their places were a bunch of chains, a snake, and a knocked out Prince Blueblood. Discord's jaw dropped to the floor, clanking like a piece of metal. "That's not fair," Nightmare said.

Discord sighed. "And that's why ponies are the worst to lock up and forget."