• Published 7th Jan 2015
  • 906 Views, 5 Comments

Destiny Book 1: Dark Vengeance - SirScribe



The Mane 6 face their biggest challenge yet as they go horn-to-horn against their darkest foes.

  • ...
17
 5
 906

The welcoming committee

The control room began rocking back in forth, throwing Twilight’s stomach into every twist and knot in creation. If she lost her lunch in the TARDIS, would the Doctor forgive her? She was about to find out when Luna gave her a bucket. The bucket was her saving grace.

They had left the Moon a while ago, and with some piece of equipment that the Doctor had, they were on their way to finding one of Twilight’s friends. The Doctor amazed the princess of Friendship even more when he revealed what he was. A Time Lord? Such a name was only mentioned in myths and storybooks that pre-date Celestia’s Reign. A race of beings who had a near unlimited supply of knowledge and power, and with a civilization that lasted billions of years. The name ‘Doctor’ was never mentioned in any of the books she read about this race, but if he was in it, he would be everywhere. He talked quite a bit about his race before, but Twilight noticed that once he was done talking about them, he would stare into nothing like he was sad.

The Doctor pulled on the brakes. “We are back in Equestria,” he said.

Luna smiled. “And they don’t know?”

“No. I had the engines on silent and have her in camouflage mode. We cannot be detected by any sort of magic. I guess that would’ve helped us get past the Shadow Ponies earlier, but where’s the fun in that?”

Twilight face-hoofed. The Doctor better be smarter than he is letting on. Her eyes scanned the control panel in front of her. Somehow, this disorganized series of panels provided the best way of navigating between the Moon and Equestria. On the control panel next to the Doctor was the book he snatched from her back in Luna’s library. A hoofnote left by Starswirl was somehow forbidden to her. It was like he and the Doctor know something that shouldn’t be shared. A secret concerning the Elements.

The Doctor stretched his neck. “Come along Ditzy, we need to find your friend. Rainbow Dash, right?”

Ditzy nodded. “Okay, I got a trace of her in the Everfree, and with what you all said about that place, I have a reason to believe that she may be in danger. We find her before anything else does,” the Doctor said.

“Our friend Zecora lives here. Maybe she can help us,” Twilight said.

“The zebra from Nightmare Night several months ago?” Luna asked.

Twilight nodded. “We remember that night perfectly.”

The princess of magic chuckled nervously. She wanted to forget that night. “Where does your friend live?”

“In the center of the forest. There is a grove of Poison Joke not far from her hut. Let’s find Rainbow first.”

The Doctor opened the doors. They landed in a clearing somewhere in the forest. Everything would’ve been fine, but since Nightmare defeated Celestia, the Moon was high in the air, and it appeared to not have moved at all since their escape. “This place hasn’t changed since I last saw Starswirl,” the Doctor said.

Twilight scoffed. “You cannot have met Starswirl. Time travel may be possible, but I can only go back about a week,” Twilight said.

“Well I have, and we even went exploring around here. We went down that bog once and found a basilisk. Sucker was huge.”

“I remember that basilisk! Celestia and I would throw stones at it whenever it got close to the castle,” Luna said.

“Yeah, I remember it saying that all you had to do was ask it to go somewhere else. It was tired of the stones.”

“It was a nice time seeing Starswirl,” Ditzy said.

The Doctor smiled. “I can understand you remembering him Luna, but you Doctor? I can’t see you and Starswirl talking,” Twilight said.

“We do more than talk. Ditzy often trades recipes with him while I battle at chess,” the Doctor. “He cheats.”

“His muffins were amazing. Too bad I lost the recipe.”

The Doctor placed a hoof on Ditzy’s shoulder. “I have it memorized. We can write it down later so you have a copy.”

“Yay!”

Suddenly, there was a loud crunch. The four ponies stopped in their tracks. They were in a thick brush. Twilight and Luna stood ready to defend. The Doctor and Ditzy were still. “What was that?” Ditzy asked.

“Perhaps somepony is following us?" Luna wondered.

Twilight shook her head. "Must be a big pony."

A loud roar blasted through the forest, hitting the four. Twilight knew that roar very well. Too well. Before she had time to speak, the trees surrounding her came crashing down. From beyond the bushes, the Timberwolves leaped out. Ditzy and Twilight screamed while Luna charged her horn. She fired a magic blast, scattering the branches of the Timberwolf. Four more began running at them from behind. Without a second thought, the four ran. They jumped out of the brush and into a clearing.

Twilight looked behind her. The Timberwolves were getting closer. She fired a magic blast, but missed the leading Timberwolf. She turned and continued running. She noticed the Doctor was trying to run on three hooves as he was fidgeting with a silver stick. The stick had a blue tip on the end. He growled and cursed about not having hands. Twilight understood that term.

“What is that?” Twilight asked.

“It’s a screwdriver,” he responded.

“That is not a screwdriver. That looks like a tiny flashlight.”

The Doctor chuckled. “Looks can be deceiving, can they? Ugh, Ditzy, you have open hooves, can you switch it to Setting 496?”

Ditzy nodded and flew up in the air with the screwdriver. “What, are you going to build a cabinet to throw at them?”

“No! Setting 496 is Molecular Depression. By releasing a sonic wave at the ground beneath the Timberwolves, I can cause the ground to weaken and depress beneath them, creating a hole. Have you got it yet?”

Ditzy fumbled with the device. “Got it!”

“Good, now press the button, and—”

Ditzy pressed the button, but she didn’t aim. The sonic wave was aimed at the hooves of her friends. The ground beneath them weakened and all three fell down the hole. “Ditzy!!”

The pegasus blushed. “Whoops, my bad.” She readjusted the device, and pressed the button. This time, the ground underneath the
Timberwolves collapsed, sending them all into the ground. Ditzy looked over and dropped the device into the Doctor’s hooves.

“Ok, that should take care of everything for a little while. Ditzy, a little help?”

The pegasus flew down to help the Doctor. Meanwhile, Luna had to carry Twilight due to her injured wings. She never realized how much she relied on them until she was injured. She felt like a regular unicorn again. The four touched hooves onto the ground and turned to survey Ditzy’s work. She was still blushing from her mistake, but the Doctor didn’t mind. “What is that thing?”

“A Sonic Screwdriver. Think of it as a little bit of the TARDIS. My most faithful of gadgets that have well over an infinite amount of applications,” the Doctor said. “I love this thing.”

“Don’t let my sister in law hear you say that,” Twilight said.

Luna chuckled upon remembering Cadence’s Art of Shipping chart she had lying around the castle. “Right now, we need to focus on finding your friends. Where is this Rainbow Dash?”

Upon saying the pegasus’s name, a loud roar echoed through the forest. The Timberwolves had returned, but they carried an aura of dark magic. Luna tried firing a spell at them, however it deflected off its chest and flew into the forest. The princess of the night gulped. Without another word, the four high-tailed it into the forest. Behind them, the Timberwolves howled before commencing the chase. The Doctor tossed up the Sonic Screwdriver to Ditzy. With Setting 496 already programmed, the wall-eyed pegasus began firing. Unfortunately for the 4, the Timberwolves were smarter than the others. They leaped out from the holes the second they fell in. They were even smart enough to evade the traps altogether.

Luna led the group around a sharp corner, and kicked a boulder into the path of the Timberwolves. The boulder was smashed into dust instead of breaking the Timberwolf structure. The four continued to run, but found themselves at a dead-end. In front of them was a cliff, and with two ponies who couldn’t fly, the chances of escape seemed to be slipping away. The turned back to face the Timberwolves.

The predators stopped, completely sealing their lunch in. They slowly approached the four, and before death could great them, one of the Timberwolves exploded in a green dust. The last thing they all heard was a small yelp from it. The four looked around, and noticed a pegasus in the trees with saddlebags filled with bottles. Twilight couldn’t make out what was in them, but she guess that they were potions. The Timberwolves growled at the pony.

“You want to hurt my friends, you’re going to have to get through me you pile of firewood!” yelled the pony.

Instantly Twilight knew who it was. The pegasus leaped into the air and threw some more bottles at the Timberwolves. Two exploded while another opened its jaw to swallow it. The potion exploded, but did nothing to the wolf. The pegasus got into the Timberwolf’s face, kicked it with its hind legs, and flew off. The Timberwolf quickly followed the pegasus. A few minutes passed by before they heard a yelp and a crash.
The crash seemed to have been made by a falling tree.

Silence filled the forest. The ponies stared into the thick brush, expecting something to happen. Indeed something did. From out of the darkness of the Everfree Forest, a pegasus came flying at them. She seemed to be carrying something in her hooves. The pegasus came into full view and dropped whatever was in her hooves. A pile of wood. Twilight smiled. “Poison Joke?”

“I guess there are good things that come out of being an egghead,” Rainbow Dash said. Without another word, the cyan pegasus tackled Twilight. The princess yelped in pain as her friend trapped her in a bear hug. “We thought you were dead!”

Twilight sighed as she wrapped her hooves around her friend. “You’re not getting rid of me that easily, Dash.”

Author's Note:

I will try to pump out two chapters one a more regular basis and get back to what I promised you. I am transferring this story from fanfiction.net so this is my actual story. I am adding one new chapter though once the story itself is done so watch out for that. Flutter On!